I miss Gravity Falls

I miss Gravity Falls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zh95qwyZ2oQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how can you miss it when you make threads every god damn day for two years

I wouldn't miss it if fucking Star VS wasn't the replacement.

Hey I haven't been to Sup Forums since /gfg/ ended

>wendy's eye under hair
>mabel's eye over hair
why
do
you
do
this
to
me

I was just wondering about the same thing lmao
Are you me?

Wanna play that game?
>Soos' eyebrow over cap
>Dipper's eyebrow under cap

I specifically miss not knowing how the last dozen or so episodes were

I miss having a show to get excited over when plot happens, even though it did fall kind of flat by the end.

I rewatched the series again a few weeks ago. It was good during season 1 and season 2A. Season 2B was shit.

I miss the girls.
Pacifica is best girl out of all of them, still. For two very, very big reasons.

Her design and her personality?

I miss the mystery. Despite how incredibly fun looking for clues, theorizing and deducing was with the community as the characters progressed it is still quite enjoyable to see them unraveling the enigmas of Gravity Falls once you know all the answers. However the rewatch value after Not What He Seems drops dramatically. There are still threats and such but nothing can top the build up we got over the last one and a half seasons.
I don't hate the ending not the last episodes that took to get there, but it is definitely a descent in quality that hurts the overall experience downright irreparably.

Reminder to preorder Lost Legends if you haven't already, as it'll cost $10 more when it releases.

wtf
there's a Gravity Falls comic book in the works? Fucking sold, thanks user

100% canon, 100% all-new. And Pacifica is on the cover so I'm expecting Dipcifica.

Why would you give money to Alex.

It's a style thing.

Having eyes/eyebrows over hats/hair makes Soos and Mabel look more open. Their faces are more expressive, mouths open or showing teeth.

Under makes Wendy and Dipper more reserved, subtler smiles, lidded eyes, etc.

Pre-ordered. Thanks

>It's a style thing.

Outside of the last part about the experience being irreparably damaged, I agree. The dip in quality in Season 2B was noticeable, but it didn't strongly affect my view of the overall series.

Same but I mainly miss /gfg/, it was the first real fun I had on Sup Forums, wish I could remember what my first post was, I can't remember if I came in 2014 or early 2015

Is pacifica floating?

Nope

This is why people wishing for more seasons are so ass-backwards and wrong. Once the mystery is resolved by Not What He Seems, we dont need a million more episodes. Everyone here will get butthurt to hear me say it, but Hirsch was right to end the show relatively quickly after that reveal

Because he made one of my favorite shows dummy

Remember the hype when this promo aired?

youtube.com/watch?v=Zh95qwyZ2oQ

Except we were wanting the original 3-season vision where Season 2 ended with Not What he Seems and the last 20 episodes dealt with Ford and how his presence affected Gravity Falls. Even Alex says treat NWHS like a Part A finale and the rest as part B, it's clear what his plan was. They went into S2 knowing it'd be the last, it wasn't a decision after NWHS.

The 3 season plan existed from the start and that's how it was setup to be molded through S1. It made sense too, a season for each month of summer, and 10 episodes away from 30 so that each episode wasn't day after day but allowed unseen adventures and resting.

Disney went pretty far to promote Gravity Falls, they even had entire screen ads during broadcasts of their shows, I don't think they do that for just anyone's show.

>you will never revisit the Tale of Two Stans thread because all of the archives fucked up around that time and between NWHS and Dipper and Mabel Vs the Future all episode threads were lost
at least my obnoxious posts from back then will never be seen again

>tfw no episode where Robbie and Tambry travel into the future and discover how lame they'll grow up to be

Robbie and Tambry should have been broken up in that episode. What a dumb moral they went through just to save Mabel from dealing with the consequences of her rash decisions, and maybe learning a bit of humility in the fact that she isn’t the greatest shipper in the world after all.

That was a weird ending, god I hate how everything bended to Mabel's will in season 2, she ended up doing more than Dipper.
>womp i made a map hat
>was the one who noticed the blacklight
>"helped" robbie and tambry by brainwashing them
>was the one to keep the machine going and brought the author home, basically finding him and dipper about to do the opposite
etc

She was also the one to restore Stan's memory

Man I used to hype over this jackass triangle. I thought he was going to be a creepy fuck with the illuminati metaphors in full effect but he just sat on his ass for 4 episodes, 2 hours worth of time, and ended up begging stan and crying for his damn life. We didn't even get a "he can see through the drawn eyes" thing like seeing through the attic glass, gift shop carpet, etc. which could've been useful to raising the stakes and pushing the illuminati parallel further. Hell he didn't even peak through the TV.

>We didn't even get a "he can see through the drawn eyes" thing
We did

Thank you, I knew I was missing a vital example. With everyone mourning and Ford explicitly stating that it couldn't be undone, she still fucking did it.

That entire thing was retarded anyway because when the memory eraser zaps your memories it goes into a tube which can be used to bring back memories, they never showed if they had a reverse laser but just watching it can apparently help. Plus, bringing back his memories would bring back Bill, yet no one ever mentioned this probability.

That was retarded omnipotent shit, his crystal ball can change perspective anywhere, rather than being limited to illuminati portals or whatever. It'd have worked so fucking well, for instance the blindeye symbols with the X over the eye, make it where he can't see through those.

>Continuity Coordinators
I bet Wendy and Helen went into period overdrive when it was decided Roadside Attraction would be the next episode.

I agree, but for another entirely different reason as well.

honestly, this show was way overrated
of course, I can see missing it considering the mickey mouse shorts are the only things worth watching anymore

It was grating how they kept drawing him with rounded edges instead of sharp points, it made him look way too cutesy than when they used to make sharp edges and a none perfect oval eye

No it wasn't, it was perfectly rated during it's running course because of the hype and what the future might hold. It was only after the fact did everyone get their hype put in perspective. Plus, it's different to watch a show as it's running and after the fact where you already know everything. After Northwest Manor Mystery it seemed like Hirsch wasn't having many limits, considering the mountains worth of fucking blood and showing a guy get axed in the head and talking about himself dying. On Disney.

Then we got that code "see which pines survives" which made everyone think a sacrifice would be made, but Hirsch said "muh disney, it's a kids show! what were you thinking?! go watch anime! happy endings are for patricians"

Not to mention how reality literally warped to what she wanted in the end.
>"candy and grenda can't come to my party or say goodbye because they have a life to live!"
>does the bullshit with giving away someone else's belongings to keep summer going
>this leads to weirdmageddon which traps her friends in gravity falls and they do see her off and visit the party after

How do I unsee this
What a hack

So in a way, she got rewarded for causing the apocalypse

All thanks to you, Satan

>Mabel is entirely unchanged

Really makes you think

>Mabel is entirely unchanged
Only physically. So sorry she doesn't have a new hat.

Autistic Asian spin-off when?

Mentally, too

Didn't we already get Adventure Time?

How long did it take you to come up with that comeback?

>we only got to see Candy's bare feet one time

Still posses me off.

So I was way too late to the party for threads that were going on when the show was airing. We're they actually good or was it still shipping circlejerks and alternate universe fanfic tier bullshit?

Somewhere inbetween

I don't, every fandom gets shittier exponentially the longer it stays then splits off the to the flavor of the month cartoon to bandwagon in it

It's what I meant when I said the original comment, so not very long, no

What the hell is that on her sweater? A save icon?

>a save icon
I'm going to go tweet this post and get several hundred thousand retweets commiserating about kids these days.

I laughed hard.

legit the gayest hug ive ever seen

I wouldn't want GF to last 5+ seasons, but I think they could have had a really solid third season instead of wrapping up everything so fast in two. Getting to know Grunkle 2.0 better, exploring his relationship with Dipper, and just general plot shennagins for another season and ending on a good note with Bill at the end of S3 would have been so much better.

Okay autist, while I get that meming is harder than actually discussing it, the entire style is simplified. Simplified styles give you less to work with, so you have to take physical traits when you can. The over eye that she has gives her a much more laid back "cool kid" look as opposed to the under eye look that gives Mabel the much more energetic vibe. If you reversed it without changing anything else in the picture it would change the feel both characters are giving off.

I don't. I am pretty sick of all these "it's a comedy show, OH but look out, theres a serious plot too, and storylines! Oh but those moments only appear like once season, but hey, it's super serious and exciting, right!?" shows

Grunkle Stan is my spirit animal

Man, I don't even like the show or it's fandom, you can't just throw leotards at me like that, it's my fucking fetish, you asshole.

But this show handled the supernatural continuity the best a kid show can, it world built first ad then kicked into gear, even if we had 3 seasons Season 2 was going to have the fun times take a back seat, as visioned by Mabel's sweater in dreamscaperers.

>Man, I don't even like the show or it's fandom
Then I think you're in the wrong thread, buddy.

Reverse Mable is way taller than her normal version

Didn't live up to its potential

this thread is lacking from the obligatory content of it

I miss /gfg/ more than I miss the show itself desu.
It still should have gotten another season and Alex is a mega hack for leaving his opus unfinished because working for Disney was "TOO HAAAAARD!"

I've seen versions of Reverse Falls that follow Gideon that's been aged up to 12, and then the Twins aged up to 14-15 likewise

"likewise"? wouldn't the twins be changed to real gideons age?

It may be over but it gave us Pyronica