Should I Invest In Gold?

I have around 10K in savings. Should I invest 1K or 2K in gold? Is the US economy really going to crash? How much of your savings are in precious metals right now (percentage, not absolute values) and how much should the average person invest in precious metals?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_mottos_of_Swedish_monarchs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I bought a lot of fake krugerrands so if the economy implodes I can pass them off as real. You save a ton of money with a similar level of security.

For $1200 you can buy one 1oz coin. Personally I like the buffalos but the double eagles are nice too.

how do you get the weight right? What's it really made of?

You use gold and silver as a store of value and a hedge against falling currency.
Dont expect it to be some big payoff.

Save it and pass it on to your grandkids.

Top line investors keep at least 10-20% of their stuff in gold. During turbulent times they might increase both holdings of cash and precious metals.

Trumps new economic plan is expected to implement an increasingly expansive fiscal policy in order to boost infrastructure and the military. This in tun will increase deficit spending i.e. boost inflation expectations.

In light of this, gold becomes a ever valuable and increasingly scarce store of wealth.

Invest whole 10k of it. Coins preferably.

The dollar is going to crash eventually. Probably sooner than later because there will be no major war effort (I fucking hope) that could sustain the dollar and secure petrodollar status after Trump won.
The bubble that jews were busy pumping since the 70's will finally implode and it will not be pretty.
(((They))) might choose to let it happen now and blame it on Trump in hopes of maintaining their control.
Anyways these are good times to get some gold.

Can't eat gold.

Can't eat paper currency either.

1. Guns
2. Ammo
3. Long shelf life food

Can't eat stocks nor can't eat that 10k number on your bank account that you won't be able to withdraw anyway when shtf.
Gold retains it's value even in times of major crisis when you know where to spend it.

Try buying those things with $100k in savings. Not all of us are as poor as you and can afford to keep our wealth in gold AND all of those things.

gold is heavy, soft, useless metal. don't buy it for the happening. buy a gun.

why not BOTH

because the gold is still useless. why waste the money now.

no. its useful as a store of value. gold has outperformed every major currency in the world. if you keep your money in cash you're guaranteed to lose purchasing power.

>civilization collapses
>sit on a pile of fucking heavy, useless metal
>can't make bullets or tools out of it
>can't eat it
>can't do shit with it

yeah sure use it now but remember it's ultimately all useless

Are you Jew?
Are you central bank?
No?

Then don't bother with that shiny useless metal goyim. You're completely safe with paper and electronic money. Trust me.

Step 3. is obviously military grade hardware.

I would invest in surveillance tech

Invest in YOURSELF

Lead and depleted uranium.

civilization won't collapse
you will have a major depression. thats it.
i dont need bullets in iceland because we still have a good social fabric and i work in a food producing company.

Tell me, what the fuck are you going to use a pile of cash for? are you going to turn them into tools, bullets, food or anything? no. its going to be useless and just a piece of paper.

>gold has outperformed every major currency in the world
im not even sure what youre tryign to say with this. forex trading is speculative gambling, why are you comparing it to gold? Are you seriously thinking of buying gold to make profits? it hardly moves at all

>Is the US economy really going to crash?
Who told you that? I think it's too big too fail.

Gold is going down because it was bought up on the assumption that Clinton would win. Now that Trump is the winner, gold will only go down right now.

Buy silver instead.

Food, water, guns, etc. come first. After that, you'd want 5% easily of your investment portfolio in physical; under these uncertain times I would say a lot more than that.

If you have a very small amount to invest, then you might think about 1/4oz or 1/10oz American Gold Eagles so that you don't have to liquidate everything at once. So-called "junk" silver (i.e. 90% silver dimes, quaters, halves from before 1965) is also a great value in a format that an be acquired or liquidated bit by bit.

>Try buying those things with $100k in savings.

$100K doesnt buy as many weapons and related gear as you would think. An IR scope easily exceed $20K.

>how do you get the weight right? What's it really made of?

tungsten

Just buy 1 of everything (except ammo and grenades etc) they have in the military

in fact, currencies have their own value that is calculated by their relative purchasing power. the purchasing power of all currencies have been declining since forever, while gold can still buy the same amount of goods.

Just look at the historical big max index, roughly $2 20 years ago would buy you a big mac, but only A THIRD of a big mac today.

gold has retained its value while currencies have gone to shit.

Sure, invest in gold or silver. Make sure to actually get the physical gold and silver though, you want it in your possession. If society ever collapses gold and silver will not be the form of money worth the most, they will be worth something, but I think fuel, women and bullets will be the main form of currency.

It won't be of much concern in an apocalyptic scenario, internet, cell service etc will all be down anyway. Most people won't know how to deal with gold other than that it is gold

Gold and silver have been money for 5000+ years. No paper currency has ever lasted more than 250 years. The almighty dollar will fail at some point, no doubt. Tangibles in your hand have value!!

Hence the benefit of government-minted coins and reputable dealers for authenticity, not chinese crap and ebay.

And then what you can do if you don't have equipment is balance the coin on your knuckle and flick it with your fingernail. Nothing rings like gold or silver, and you can still hear it even at the 90% purity level often used for durability.

ok if you plan on fighting in an upcoming civil war using guerilla tactics, knock yourself out.

but i'd rather take part in rebuilding the world using saved up capital.

Poorfag. My rims are 12k.
>invest 10k.. Pffffff

Because no one who buys your """gold""", which will have skyrocketed in value, would bother testing it first.

>gold has retained its value while currencies have gone to shit.

but this is wrong user. gold is commodity and it fluctuates like crazy.

I don't think anybody is planning on a war. It's more about protection. Maybe Iceland is a special case, but socioeconomic collapse typically causes a marked increase in crime. This is to be highly expected in many parts of the US.

should have betted it all on trump's election, you'd have 40 to 50K now

>Should I Invest In Gold?
Yes, buy now.

Its the perfect opportunity. (((Some one))) just dumped 8000 tons of paper gold (2 and half years supply of physical) on the market and suppressed the shit out of the gold price.

But seeing as you only got 2k you should buy silver instead, 2k is not even a 2 ounces.

How wild can things even get on your little ice island?

Gold coins have ~2750 year history of being used as currency, far longer than fiat money, bank accounts, or any other type of money money you can think of. Its possible gold becomes useless, but unlikely. I mean, look how pretty it is.

What do you think of silver? I have 105 oz of silver and about 1 oz of gold.

Should I save and just focus on gold from now on?

invest in silver and in bitcoin

Scraps of paper saying iou dis much gold aren't going to be worth much if the dollar goes away.

GOLD NEAR IMPOSIBLE TO SELL. BETTER INVEST IN BITCOIN

I'm big on silver due to fundamentals and wanting more risk in my portfolio as a youngish guy. I have about as much silver by dollar value as gold, and I'm comfortable with that.

That's somewhat more silver-heavy than is typically recommended for older people looking to just keep a handle on their savings.

>deal with fake gold in a total societal collapse where every one is grumpy because lack of food
Do you want to be lynched and hanged? Fucking retarded leaf. People are going to cut gold coins down into pieces or at least cut a jack into them every time you buy something with them.

No. Save your money and invest in the American dollar when the current bubble pops

Trump's economic policy will make you a wealthy man

>Is the US economy really going to crash?
no. Don't get scammed by snake's oil sellers and tinfoil retards

How do you store all your silver? $10k of silver is heavy!

Ammo cans. They're built to carry lead, have convenient sizes and handles, and are largely weatherproof.

Why put 1k in gold and risk losing it when you can get a sexy black prostitute for the weekend? She might let you lick her asshole after she takes a big smelly poop

You can invest in gold in a vault at goldmoney.com which allows you to purchase gold at only 1% above it's spot price. You can also redeem it in real gold if you want to.

goldmoney.com/r/cAnYT5

no they don't. they buy paper claims to gold.

only gold bugs actually buy and take delivery of physical gold. i am one.

Why do i always see an user from cambodia only post in all CAPS

Have you prayed to kek today?

>he logs in to his bank's website, prints off his account summary, and eats the digits

I like the volatility, but I will focus on gold for a while.

I fucked up early on and bought some 40% silver Kennedy Half Dollars, but since then it's been all government minted 1 oz rounds and some generic mint bars, like Sunshine.

>I bought a lot of fake krugerrands so if the economy implodes I can pass them off as real. You save a ton of money with a similar level of security.

Pretty easy to spot and a great way to get killed.

first of all, he said
>economy implodes
not
>total societal collapse

second of all, in either situation, the people with gold are the new bankers and top investors. first-world nations are 100% political economy, so a failure of that economy is a failure of that govenrment.

the first thing the new post-bankruptcy government does is tries to fund itself, and it needs lines of credit to do so, and those come from establishments/people with a store of wealth already

gold

goldmoney is not an unreasonable option, but it's not the same as physical.

I do keep some funds in such schemes just to spread things around and have faster liquidation and less tax if I need it. But you could wind up not having the money you thought you did. I've been waiting almost two years I think for bankruptcy proceedings for one of these kinds of things to get to the point where I get most or all of my money back. Even seemingly reputable operations (Tulving comes to mind) sometimes turn shady and have to go bankrupt.

>An IR scope easily exceed $20K.
Bullshit even an excellent one is less that 5K and a new cheapo 500-1000

>Should I invest 1K or 2K in gold?
No you shouldn't. (((Gold))) prices are driven by (((speculative))) demand rather than demand of the real economy. It makes (((gold))) a speculative asset rather than investment asset. Don't get into speculation, it's (((their))) business, you'll always end up losing.

Buy some good REITs instead. The ones with little leverage, investing in actual real estate, not those mortgage-backed security fraud. The rest invest in fixed-income money market instruments or reliable short-maturity bonds. Or maybe even remain liquid, if you don't have good instruments you can sell off quickly without losing too much.

Then wait for the next financial collapse and buy world stock index funds and REITs when the prices are low. Don't start buying until you see at least a 30% decline in major world indexes and (((MSM))) headlines telling you the economy is about to collapse. Might take a year, might take ten, but the wait is worth it.

>
>>how do you get the weight right? What's it really made of?
>tungsten

Nope they are just cheap rubbish and the wrong side and/or weight

What this guy said, fits a roll of 25 ounce coins sideways. You can fit more 10k worth of silver in one of these cans, probably even double that.

How to get cancer 101

>goldmoney.com

>buying something on a shady website called "goldmoney", so in the end of the day you won't have any gold nor money in your hands.

Gee I wonder who could be behind this.

No you idiot, gold is driven as a hedge bet against constant inflation.

In the long term gold will always go up, because kikes always have inflation targets to satisfy their debt inflation scams to suck money out of consumers and increase private bank books.

There's a reason the US government has been buying people's gold with US dollars.

>first of all, he said
>>economy implodes
>not
>>total societal collapse
Implying there is any difference. If the credit system fails then the just in time delivery system fails to. Then its bye bye to law and order.

>increase private bank books.
Think they are tapped out.

>In the long term gold will always go up
Unless it's bubbled. Overspeculation is a bitch to ANY investment.

this
t coin collector

>bitcoin
> please goy, hand over your shekels. here's some internet dollars for the trouble!

Kike seller, for sure

It did become useless when the Bretton-Woods monetary system broke up and US refused to back its dollar with gold. It ain't a currency anymore, there is very little real demand for it, it's all (((speculative))) now. Which means it's essentially the same as (((abstractionist art))) or (((antiques))) - unstable, unreal and prone to panic.

On the other hand, assets such as stocks or bonds generate real income for their owners (dividends for stocks, coupon income for bonds, rent for real estate... you get the idea). Through this income, they are connected with the real world: if stock prices fall too low due to panic, buying stocks for dividends will become very appealing, and the demand will quickly drive the prices back up. And if it doesn't, you just buy them for dividends yourself and enjoy a hefty profit.

>And then what you can do if you don't have equipment is balance the coin on your knuckle and flick it with your fingernail. Nothing rings like gold or silver, and you can still hear it even at the 90% purity level often used for durability.
This
Even our

You're right that it's not an income-generator like real estate or dividends. It's mainly a backup plan and a hedge.

However
>very little real demand for it
Maybe it's different in Russia, but everywhere I go I see stores with "WE BUY GOLD" signs in the window. Probably going to get ripped off there if you don't know what you're doing, but the demand exists for sure.

>there is very little real demand for it, it's all (((speculative))) now.
Which is why you should buy silver. Silver got tons of uses in modern electronic, solar panels etc.

If there is a tech boom = silver prices stay stable or go up
If the SHTF = silver prices stay stable or go up
You can't lose

You had the silver removed from your coins at about the same time we did? Neat. I wonder if that's just a (((coincidence)))

>gold is driven as a hedge bet against constant inflation
You are a fucking imbecile. It's not 1950's anymore, (((gold))) doesn't hedge shit.

That "hedge" exists exactly as long as the belief that it exists. When times become really rough, belief tends to give way VERY quickly. After currencies stopped being backed by (((gold))), it's become as valuable and as good a hedge as bitcoin. Look at the fucking price charts after 60s, stupid leaf.

Well you can still pay your US taxes in gold coins at the $50 face value. You'd be a idiot to use them as money in this way, but you could do it. Most modern government coins have a nominal face value. So in that sense, gold is still currency minted by governments.

This social history (and the fact its really pretty, and so satisfyingly heavy to hold) is why it has value.

However I think you're right that its dumb to "invest" most of your savings in gold, just like its dumb to mostly "invest" in beanie babies or classic cars.

Every one other in Europe basically debased the shit out of their silver coin in ww1 and ww2, Sweden made it because we didn't bother partaking in the (((schemes)))
But ofc we went of if when you guys did, otherwise every one that was hoarding silver eagles would have started to hoard kroner instead.

>dividends for stocks
where is that, can I sign up for 10k shares. thanks!

it's 2016 Ivan. everything is speculation.

>Maybe it's different in Russia, but everywhere I go I see stores with "WE BUY GOLD" signs in the window.
This demand is nothing compared to the volumes gold and its derivatives are traded on exchanges. And even that demand is speculative: the stores ain't gonna store it or invest in it, they just buy from you for a dollar to sell it for two ASAP.

The demand you should be looking for is the real demand - the demand of various industries, of economy. It's the only real thing about gold. And the gold prices are mostly not influenced by it.

>För Sverige i tiden
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_mottos_of_Swedish_monarchs

Wow those mottos sure have changed over time.
>All makt är av Gud
>Visheten är rikets stöd
>Brödrafolkens väl

>which allows you to purchase gold at only 1% above it's spot price

Why on Earth would you do that?

>if the SHTF = silver prices stay stable or go up

lol no, especially for the silver or copper or aluminum ...

Gustav V got the best one desu
>With the people for the Fatherland

Found of the these 40% ''Duty above all'' coins in circulation a while ago. Second time in my life that happened, they get fished up pretty fast by people that are not retarded.

Try me

I never really looked at silver, but isn't it highly correlated with gold? I really doubt the prices for it are driven by the demand of the real economy rather than (((speculative))) demand, either.

Nowadays, everything that is in any way securitized is driven by (((speculative))) demand. The real question is: does the asset you're looking at have natural properties to generate income that connects it to the real world and won't let it's price go too low for too long?

Neither gold, nor silver have that. Reason enough to keep away from them, unless you're a speculator.

Oh, yeah, the exchange value of gold is increasingly unrelated to the physical value. That's one of the key signs of how valueless the derivatives and other paper contracts are about to become.

And everybody knows that dealers make their money on the spread and the churn.

That's why if you're going to get into physical gold you figure you probably won't ever have to liquidate unless the price of physical has a yuge transient spike to take advantage of or things go to hell to the point where it resumes its role in barter as it always does when nice normal commerce falls apart.

>I never really looked at silver, but isn't it highly correlated with gold?
Yeah, silver follows gold closely. But silver also has a relatively new industrial use. Right now the speculative demand is probably higher then the industrial demand but the industrial demand is in no way insignificant.

The only answer:

Get a Fisch coin tester, and buy a couple grand of American Gold Eagle 1/10th ouncers. Never buy without testing. The premium you pay for the smaller size is worth it.

Reason: *IF* there ever was a crash, there's no way you could safely make a transaction with a 1 oz Gold Eagle. If thugs don't get to you, the police surely will! Remember, cops will be hurting as much as everyone.

But the small 1/10th oz "dimes" will attract much less attention, and can be used for smaller purchases. They can also be hidden more easily.

Plus you can build up your gold stash much more incrementally. Silver might fill this void, but the common folk don't "get" silver.

t. former gold bug

Because the premium is much higher in the real world.

Theres not an unlimited supply of gold, investing is a smart choice in my opinion.

DO NOT waste your investments on metals

Growth stock mutual funds (domestic/international/emerging) and real estate should be what you're investing in.

The price of commodities is NOT based on intrinsic value (gold has none) it is solely based on FEAR. Do not make a huge mistake with your money.

I was checking this before the election and almost bought a box with 500 canadian silver leafs. Though i read that if you selling it, dealers often pay you half the spot..?