Has enough time passed that we acknowledge this was a bit of a fuck up?

Has enough time passed that we acknowledge this was a bit of a fuck up?

It was a entirely forgettable C+ movie for who is supposed to be the prince of the Marvel Universe. And the casting choice was a rare flatline for the MCU.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fjtPiMHUhEY
youtube.com/watch?v=VTreFqYO7TY
youtube.com/watch?v=TdE8Nr0TiRA
youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>C+
That's being generous. Holland couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

I thought it was pretty okay, but that's kind of the issue right there- it's like you said, Spider-Man is supposed to Marvel's golden boy. You'd think that when he finally gets an MCU movie, it'd rate a bit better than tepid. Then again, maybe my point of view is skewed because I cut my teeth on Spider-Man comics back when he was a penniless young adult trying to make it on his own and always found all the high school/college shit to be super tedious.

I'll say this for Homecoming, though, the villain was pretty damn good. I don't even really like Vulture much as a character, but goddamn if Michael Keaton didn't sell me on it with that car scene.

Not really it's the best Spiderman movie yet.

Am I crazy because this is my favorite MCU movie? It's the funniest MCU movie, the one with the most heart, and with the scariest villain.

Can we talk about how Peter is basically a hired thug showing up to beat down on the blue collar man who resists against oppressive billionaires ruining his life?
I thought Spider-Man was supposed to be a hero.

Yeah, Keaton knocked it outta the park.
Outta the planet, even.

>I thought Spider-Man was supposed to be a hero.

No one on Tony Stark's payroll is a hero. That's kind of the thrust of his entire MCU arc, and from a Spider-Man perspective, it's why Peter made moves to cut ties at the end of Homecoming.

You're not, Holland was great as Peter and Spider unlike the previous two and Vulture was amazing way better than power ranger Goblin or wah wah muh metal arms are making me evil Doc Oct.

>Has enough time passed...?
Sup Forums has been hating on this movie since the first trailer. Mainly for having too many non-whites.

No it wasn't.

It's easily the worst MCU film, even over AOU and Dark World. Jokes fell flat, and Peter himself feels so uncompelling as a hero as we never get a sense of HIS motivations. Film relies too much on you knowing who Spider-man is. Plus kid Spidey is not interesting, plain and simple.

I don't think it was a fuckup àt all. I think what might lend to it not getting as much praise is purely because of oversaturation. It's the sixth Spider-Man film thus far. Of course it's not going to get as much acclaim as the first ones.

Still though, I think it's definitely one of the better of the six.

But he didn't cut his ties with Tony. He just says he's going to stick to the ground and beat up other upstarts, to ensure only Tony profits from disasters.

Yes it was

It's just passable. Nothing really worth praising or raging about overall. The only real crime is it being too safe, trying not to retread past Spider-movie material.

Actually I take it back, there is ONE thing to hate, and its pic related

Man, I'd take Raimi Gobby and Ock over Dane DeGob and Raimi Venom any day.

At least Dafoe was fantastic, and Molina's portrayal was great despite being a departure from the comics.

youtube.com/watch?v=fjtPiMHUhEY
>Spider-Man: Homecoming - Why I Loved It

youtube.com/watch?v=VTreFqYO7TY
>Why Spider-Man: Homecoming is the Best MCU Movie

I aint watching that shit

-shit.

Fuck off.

>-shit.
The Rami and Webb movies? Yes there were

Man this movie was so fucking visually bland. That combined with the over use of mediocre CGI and the corny Power Rangers plastic villain tech really made it feel like a tv show.

Holy fuck this was such bullshit. They could have made Shocker a threat in the comics again, but they made him a generic man with a shiny fist who punches good.
For fuck's sake couldn't they have given him a cool suit and some neat powers to kick Spider-Man's ass with and say Tinkerer whipped them up? Wasted potential

Movie would have gone from a B- to an A if they kept all the super AI suit shit out of it and toned down the god awful GIGGLE SQUEE OMG OMG OMG shit that Peter was doing.

That and it further perpetuates the "Shocker has electric powers" misconception

Admittedly, Karen does give Peter an excuse to self monologue/talk to himself

Not perfect but I quite liked it

I don't think I remember him even doing any long distance blast attacks. He may as well have been Ox of the enforcers for all the gauntlet did for him.
I think that was my problem too. I mean teenage boys don't talk like that. I hate how everyone is like "He's just a teen xD that's how they act so realistic" that's a load of shit. Dialing it back would have made the movie much better.

Is that Bokeem motherfuckin Woodbine?
Oh shit
I might have to see this turd now.

>using CGI even for Spidey just standing around doing nothing

If it's only for him, don't bother he barely does anything of note. This is his big and pretty much only scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=TdE8Nr0TiRA

My only hope is that he comes back with a second gauntlet and a proper costume. Guy's not dead, and they can still do The Sinister Six

when did Shocker become Doomfist

when

Film lacked stakes desu. I just don't give a shit about Spidey trying to win over Daddy Tony's love.

Sadly I doubt it's happening because they're going to be too lazy to come up with a good way to bring the costume to live action.
If anything he'll get a generic black jumpsuit with an exposed face. Most likely though, he'll be completely forgotten.
When John Watts never watched a Spider-Man cartoon or even looked at a comic featuring the character he was going to put in the movie.

Not that user but

I wish. MCU spidey would stuttering and nervous laughing while making some stupid fucking smile.

I know it was committee written by like 6 people (and that's only whose credited) and the script really shows it some times.

There's moment of really bizarre pacing and some weird cuts and missing establishing shots. Plus Peter gets the shit beat out of him for literally the entire movie and he never has a scrape or a ruffled hair so it never has to be explained in his civilian scenes. Lazy.

>checked

The premise and ideas behind it were better than the execution. The Spidey-tech was bad tho

I think it showed during the fights too, but that could just be because Watts is a bad director. For supposedly "hardcore big boy villains" that Mr. Stark was worried about him fighting, they seemed to be handling him with the kiddie gloves, he hardly gets beat down.
Compare that to Ultimate Spider-Man where Kingpin and company kick his ass and send him out the window.

>a hired thug showing up to beat down on the blue collar man who resists against oppressive billionaires ruining his life?

sounds more like Luke Cage

It was a good movie.

The times when spidey was the man at marvel
are gone user, it has been all about the
avengers for a time now. Holland is young, though. Maybe over the time we will get some
developement on Peter, growing up,
knowing MJ and Gwen, the work at the labs,
getting to know eddie brock, maybe even arcs live kraven last hunt.
The firs movie was bad, yes, but Im
optimistic about what they can do with him
in the future

(cont)

The scene where he lifts the building that
collapsed over him made the movie worth it,
though

>Holland is young, though. Maybe over the time we will get some development on Peter, growing up
>optimistic about what they can do with him
in the future
There's optimistic and then there's foolishly naive. Do you really think he's going to change? He's gonna be doing this quirky nerd schtick until they decide to reboot the MCU, where he'll start all over again.

He was selling alien weapons to street thugs that would kill innocents, having a symphatetic motivation doesn't make that right

>teenage boys don't talk like that
*Current year* teenagers do

They're street thugs, not genocidal aliens. They'd be pulling the same shit with regular guns.

And Spider-man should also stop him if he was dealing regular guns to criminals

After the selfie bullshit at the start, I honestly liked it way more than any other Marvel movie in the last 5 years. I liked how it was just an grounded story. It wasn't a big huge spectacle, like all the otber marvels films trying to be he avengers. It was just a kid trying to be a hero, and fucking up until the end and I liked that. More Superheroes movies need that. I was more emotionally invested with Peter than I was with any of the other shallow Marvel characters

>invested with Peter
>other shallow Marvel characters
What the fuck? I think you have that reversed mate. Peter is the shallow one. He's the blandest bitch in the whole MCU.

Toning down the Iron Man shit would've made the movie better imo

No because it was a good movie. Favorite Spider-Man movie after Spider-Man 2, and one of my favorite Marvel movies.

Marvel doesn't currently want any of their solo movies to standout from the other solo movies and seem significantly better than other solo movies. They want people to not feel satiated in wanting to so see more movies. They only want team up movies to seem slightly better and more memorable in some ways than the solo movies.

>it's only okay when rich people do it.
on the contrary it needed more Iron Man and less Aunt Shit and less Spider shit.

>le Raimi hate meme
Fuck off.

In homecoming Spiderman actually was a menace yet JJJ was nowhere to be seen.

Peter, Cap and Bucky have character. All the others have turned into walking memes.

I didn't know
>G-gee Wilikers Mr. Stark!
was a character trait. Spidermeme is boring..

I liked it a lot, i dunno

>Thinking Homecoming was better than Winter Soldier.
Are you retarded?

Impossible mode: criticize this movie without mentioning "muh minorities" and "muh Stark".

Same.
We need an edit for one of those comics where a square says something and another square bursts through the wall angrily. And the second is JJ.

What sucks is that they DID give Shocker an outfit. Even made a toy of it. And then changed it in the final cut.

Aforementioned toy.

That was easily the worst scene in the movie imo. It didn't manage any of the emotional weight the "same" moment in the comic had, mainly because Peter's motivation to do it was to show to himself and Stark that he's a big boy hero.

Wasn't that confirmed to be from an unrelated fan projected?

It felt like it came out at the wrong time.
It it was somewhere around Avengers 1 it'd be fine but after some of the crazier shit we've seen so far like Ant Man's microverse, the Guardians battling an entire planet, all the magical hijinks in Strange AND with the culmination of ten years of those MCU capeshit movies being around the corner it's hard to get invested in a 14yo running around the neighborhood in spandex and Penis Parker jokes.

It was way too rooted on Ultimate to be any good.

Might as well have made a Mile Morales movie.

Yes it is, now go back to your mudhut you commie fuck

The flashback was insulting.

They did. Fat fuck annoying asian friend, meant to be like Peter yet acts nothing like him, dipshit teenage attitude, no overwhelming sense of responsibility, black girl interest, general disregard for his secret identity. I could probably go on if I kept reading his book.

I have seen literally no one think negatively about this movie except on Sup Forums

>b-but its better to be remembered and bad than forgotten
people rarely EVER talk about BvS or Justice League except also on Sup Forums or Sup Forums, occasionally they bring up Suicide Squad for mainstream meme power alone

You don't see anyone talking about Homecoming either.

No, it was just not the spiderman movie you wanted that sony shelled out 5 times.
It was less soap opera and more fun.

When I say Penis...

LOL

youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM
Based Raimi. How can MCU spider even compete?

It's the second worst Spider-Man movie.

>How can MCU spider even compete?
It can't

>occasionally they bring up Suicide Squad
*Academy Award-winning Suicide Squad.

Fucking hell

It wasn't really bad, but neither was it remotely good (aside from Keaton as Vulture). It was so mediocre, and really that's what's so disappointing about it especially since you kind of expect more out of a Spidey film especially for his first solo film in the MCU.

>They did.
That's what I'm saying. It was a Miles Morales movie in everything but name. but no. Fucking hollywood. Can't have a black male lead do a spider man movie.

I love Peter. I love Spider Man. but after the Amazing regurgitated what we had with Raimi in a bad way, I was ready for something else. but instead, we get characterization that makes it to where both characters get shit on. I'm ready for an adult Peter. I'm ready for an alternate take on Spider Man (ie Ultimate). Instead we get a mishmash of shit.

Fuck Marvel. They play it too safe.

2006 flash animation

>AAAAAAA TONY HELP: The Movie

here

I thought it was fine, very clearly for younger kid audience. Nothing wrong with that

if thats after a cgi jump it makes sense though

>the one with the most heart
People actually believe this when they took out Uncle Ben.

Doesnt excuse the fact that it looks like trash, quit defending laziness

is this that Ps4 Pro game?