Why the fuck do they still insist on having Superman call his dad “Pa?”

Why the fuck do they still insist on having Superman call his dad “Pa?”

I grew up in Kansas. I’m about Superman’s age. NOBODY calls their fathers “Pa” anymore. I mean, I’m sure you could find a few statistical outliers, but it’s basically died out as a thing. “Ma” is still used a bit, although not so much in the Midwest. “Pa” isn’t, though.

It’s about as anachronistic as having Superman yell “Cripes!” when he’s upset or something. Just yanks me right out of the story every time.

No one knows or cares about what's happening in Kansas as long as they deliver the crops.

Its just what he calls his dad

>alien (who looks exactly like a human) who lives on earth (which several times larger than real life) in a city that makes NYC look like a podunk town and regularly travels to the future is okay
>but "Pa" isn't
You may literally be autistic.

>I’m sure you could find a few statistical outliers

Like Superman

It's folksy. Supes grew up with them old-time family values, which weren't nearly as wholesome as TV renders it usually, but he's a comic book character so it is exaggerated. It fits the character. I'd let it pass.

>NOBODY calls their fathers “Pa” anymore.

So that's why he says Dad during Stop Invincible Son.

I know people who say cripes,

Would you prefer him using the word Otoo-san

It's endearing. Jesus Christ I hate you faggots and your "but in my real life it's not like that".
Nobody plays accordion or mimes in the streets in France either but if Americans want to see that when they make a story take place in France, it's fine.

Then what do people in their 30's call their fathers in Kansas? Do tell, OP. I'm very interested in flyover state culture.

Also
>Just yanks me right out of the story every time.
Stop pretending you read comics. Everyone here knows you don't.

“Dad.” “Daddy” if they’re a woman sometimes. You might here the occasional extremely rare “Pop.”

But I have literally never heard someone my age or younger call their father “Pa.”

I don’t know what the Amish and Mennonites here call their dads though. They might.

Because it sounds good, that's all the reason you need.

>I’m about Superman’s age.
You're 85?

Oh you.

I'm in Kansas and I use Ma and Pa

Not him but in Misery we call our grandparents mama and papa cause they're double a ma and pa

I have lived here all my life and I have never heard this.

It's a hold over from his earlier days
Same reason the glasses still work as a disguise it's just part of the character at this point

Let me get this straight.

You're reading a comic book about a human-looking alien superhero and the one thing that pulls you out is the way he refers to his adoptive father?

I'm russian and I call my mom Ma.

SoCal. I say Ma and Pa. Just the way I was brought up.

Smallville has a lot of immigrant Dutch history.
The Dutch word for dad is Pa.

>I grew up in Kansas. I’m about Superman’s age. NOBODY calls their fathers “Pa” anymore.
Your life is not the measure of all lives, you egotist. Get over yourself.

Kansas isn’t fucking Mayberry and Superman is Opie. Nobody calls their fathers Pa here. Sorry this rustles your jimmies, faggot.