Paranatural

>six basically identical panels with half a background
>probably going to be 30 pages of them fighting hijack

Remember when Paranatural had backgrounds and compelling villains?

Sup Forums seemed to be happy with the page yesterday. The consensus was that repeated copy paste is OK as long as you're trying to make a joke.

Fuck. 3 years and we're STILL on hitball namek?

Emphasis on "trying", I guess.

Has paranatural taken a dip in quality since Zack decided to switch to genderless?

So what exactly is going on in this arc, it's been so long I've forgotten what the plot is even though I read every update

Hijack the Brain thing that has taken over Spender has no fucking clue what he's doing, and as a result the fucking plot is non-existent. So because of such plotless, storyless, turn of events, up to s dozen subplots have been created that will not be explored and up to a dozen more have either been broken or forgotten.

What's the verdict on Suzy?

is xer a girl or a boy?

what are Zack's plans for her?

Turns out Hijack was made by Zarei and sent to spy on Spender but because he's only four years old he messed up. Also there was some weird morality argument between him and Spender's bird spirit where it wasn't clear if Hijack or Spender was talking.

I'm pretty sure several of the posts saying that were sarcastic at least I hope they were.

dear god make it stop please make it end

the lack of plot and anything fucking meaningful happening is killing me. this is the worst. I mega-loathe you zack.

In 5 to 10 years, Zack's sjw phase will pass. Then we get a good story.

That's probably next arc.

Like I Mention Before some of the subplots form before like Suzy blackmailing Max have been scratched, over Lisa doing the Black mailing now. It's so bad Zack re-wrote the old character bio for Lisa to fit in her new personality for that arc that will probably go nowhere. I like to think she's a girl, and as for her future plan when with no Max to force in to her journalist club, her future is up in the air.

I really don't know why Zack started to sexualize little kids-- as in, talking about their preferences and shit.

I just don't know what he gets out of pointing out that child A likes to take dicks up his ass.

>In 5 to 10 years
>a good story
I admire your optimism.

SJW or no SJW - whatever the hell is with American politics, I've no bloomin' clue - the plotholes, flanderization and recent mean-spirited soap operatics still stick on the final product for future audiences to come, which is really disappointing.

Would you have had this reaction if a child was happy to receive attention from the opposite sex?

I would've said no before this page, but this is a new low even for Hack.

You really don't remember the Fury Road copypaste earlier?

>getting rid of best girl
glad I dropped this ages ago

Best girl is what keeps me coming back to this every year to collect new images of her

I miss her.

Hi, new to Paranatural here, what's all that weird shit behind the characters?

>I just don't know what he gets out of pointing out that child A likes to take dicks up his ass.
Just because this was your experience with childhood crushes doesn't mean it was everyone's.

a "background"

If you're not an artist you might not follow the technical terms.

Long ago in a distant past, Backgrounds where a thing in comics.

The gradient colors got mixed up.

When's she (male) coming back?

That's what I thought
Seems to be saying some weird nonsensical stuff about what is going on behind the characters, as if that's important to establish setting or flesh out a world or something equally as contrived.

>Those eyes
Do you think Zack decided he was genderless because he was afraid of his pedophilia?

Go to bed Spacey

>treading the dark path of fear and self-loathing

Remember when Paranatural looked good?

the truest suffering

I do. Fondly. What the hell happened man.

>With no Max to force in to her journalist club, her future is up in the air.

Why even do this? when their fucking chemistry was so fucking good in the first chapter. she shows interest in having Max be part of her team, sure for all the wrong reason but that's what made her character so interesting.

>six basically identical panels with half a background
Sometimes copy-paste is the joke.

Sorry to break up the memes, but I think Zack has drastically improved as an artist. Granted he doesn't care about backgrounds nearly as much anymore though.

I remember when Zack was in a co thread. Before the dark times...

His "improved" skills as an artist notwithstanding, as long as he is working solo he has to draw an entire scene and that includes backgrounds if he wants to keep his viewer numbers high.

I doubt he's ever been here if he ended going up on a personal crusade to spite Sup Forums. That sounds like someone who merely read about Sup Forums would do.

Ill concede technically he improved, but I cant shake the feeling he lost some 'soul', cliche as it sounds
that isnt to say he doesnt try, but the example on the top of my head is the quality endemic to underground and budding as opposed to established and institutionalized
not an accutate parallel, but you know what I mean

I seem to remember so clearly him missing some deadline to update and us posting "ZAAAAAACK" and him responding.

I feel like keeping a good pace and an interesting story has a bigger impact on keeping a fanbase. I'm disappointed about backgrounds, surely. But that alone wouldn't keep me.

I disagree. He has a hell of a lot more practise now, but he's fallen into so many bad habits the practise means nothing. His art is just less interesting to look at, less funny and far less eye-catching. For some reason he's decided that everything needs to be softer, totally ruining the impact it used to have.

He over loaded himself by trying 2 weekly updates about a year ago and he's still overloading him self with a 1 weekly upload with all the bitching he does about his wrist. Funny enough it was some one on Sup Forums that told him it was find with biweekly updates, he might have listen if he didn't know it was from Sup Forums calling him a faggot about it.

If Zack were a cook, his old style would be like a sloppily baked but fantastic-tasting dessert vs his current style which is a perfectly cooked plain potato. He has more technical mastery with the potato, but people would rather eat the janky dessert.

FOOD ANALOGY!
but correct

I'm just saying, if those weebs over in Japan can churn out 12 fully detailed pages a week Zack can churn out 1, especially considering the amount of money given to him over Patreon and his lack of an actual job.

True, also disregarding the advice for an easier update scheduled just because it's from a Sup Forumsmrade. pretty fucking stupid.

Biweekly updates were fine back when he only did like 2 subplots (instead of 8) within a page count < 50...

The manga industry is nuts, so I don't think it's a fair comparison.

However, if a webcomic like Stand Still, Stay Silent can bang out 4 pages a week, then surely Zach can manage a background every once in a while.

Goddammit I miss when pnat was good.

He HAD improved as an artist. The problem is that he's now regressing again, probably not from a lack of skill, but from increasing laziness. Chapter 3 absolutely looked better than Chapter 5 does.