Could cuphead work as a cartoon?

Could cuphead work as a cartoon?

Would it be something like this, or something else?

youtube.com/watch?v=I-e2iq0CKow

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jA0WNCF_z48
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It wouldn't.
The artstyle does not translate very well into an animated medium.

Is this hidden dewd thread?

I dunno, I mean it kind of worked in the vid posted seeing as how it was animated on ones.

>This videogame based on 1930s animation doesn't translate well into animation
What the fuck am I reading?

I think its an obvious ironic post, but...

I dont think today's tv companies and budgeting could handle emulating fucking Cuphead.

You'd HAVE to do that shit right. and do you know ANYONE with the skill of the animators from that era alive today?

I hope so because this would lead to the video game into tv show model where people can make tv shows by making good video games to start off a base. I think Japan does this sometimes. But this would lead to higher quality television, I believe.
Subtle.

fpbp

>You'd HAVE to do that shit right. and do you know ANYONE with the skill of the animators from that era alive today?
The people who made Cuphead.

Anyone have ideas for episodes? Here’s one I wrote up a few months back but couldn’t post due to Sup Forums fucking up the image servers. Thoughts?

>youtube.com/watch?v=jA0WNCF_z48

Quick easy comedy would work.

And you know how much money, and time consuming it would be to make a single Cuphead episode with the same fluid animation style like in the game?

Op used a shit tier animation

Here's something I could actually see working
youtube.com/watch?v=jA0WNCF_z48

shit you got me to it first

It took so long to make. Plus they won't be doing it for as much money. But if they sped up the process and made it half or even a fourth as good animation, it might still be worth it.

DUDE WHAT IF CARTOON WAS REALISTIC/ON DRUGS/IN A COMA/WAS FOR ADULTS

This is better than the OP’s toon by a huge margin.

I want an episode where werner werman declares war on baroness von bon bon and her candy kingdom

I can't believe I wasted 12 minutes of my life watching this shit. I could have been masturbating

You can't multitask?

Dammit, was just on my way to post this.

I'd love something episodic that focused on the side characters as well. The fanart I've seen has given them group dynamics that I really want to see fleshed out (Beppi tormenting/teasing BonBon, the ladies of Inkwell Isle being catty lushes, Grim Matchstick and Werman having a Thorn-in-the-Lions-Paw kind of thing)

>Werner Werman in... Baked Blitzkrieg
After one of Bon Bon’s subjects accidentally wrecked one of Werner’s many war contraptions, Werner decideds to wage a one-sided war against the candy residents of Bon Bon’s kingdom. Difficulties arise when he can’t even get past the gates. Will the war crazed rodent succeed in his invasion, or will his own contraptions be the end of him?

I really need to rewatch Cow and Chicken.

I would not be opposed to doing a (mostly) sfw fanart dump if those in the thread wouldn't mind, especially for those who'd appreciate inspiration for your own stuff. Most of them are pretty damn cool, but there will be a lot of Korean/Japanese in case that's not to your taste.

I couldn't watch 10 seconds
>we'll just swear all the time, it'll be funny
what the fuck was whoever made this thinking
it also looks awful

>The artstyle does not translate very well into an animated medium.

There really aren't any good video game to anime adaptations, so I don't know where you get that idea from.

The rat made his own mechanic cat I'm sure he can do some damage against the candy kingdom

>The artstyle does not translate very well into an animated medium.

If werner werman made one gigantic mecha cat he can make another one. He's not some comical dumb kind of character. Despite being a tiny rodent he still has tricks up his sleeve

Oh, this is subtle.

With werner you could makes jokes about his size easily. Like his mechanical cat is still only the size of your typical cat

Werner is definitely one of the more badass enemies in Cuphead despite his limitations as a rat engineer. Seems like he's quite popular among artists as well.

(Going to wait a little longer to see if a dump is demanded before I do other things).

>Satan
there goes the religious right
>King Dice
there go the SJWs

>ywn marry a qt artist who helped carried the indie hit of the season.

Good, the fandom is purged right from the beginning.

You’re not taking into account the people who want to see the King Dice fuck the Prince of Darkness it in some cases, the protagonist and and his pal Mugman.

It will never get a real cartoon. Why the fuck can't you get over it you autistic manchild!?

We know it will never happen. But can’t we just have fun and think of what it might be like to have an actual series?

Besides, this is the comfiest thread we’ve had all week.

Not really. If you were to keep it in line with the 1930s animation it was inspired from then it wouldn't be a very entertaining show for most people.

Even a quick cameo would be cool.

>>King Dice
>there go the SJWs
What? Also The Devil is the villain, I'm sure christians wouldn't mind either.

fpbp once again

I was going to post cartoons from the 30's that were amazing to counterpoint but everything I could recall ended up being 40's and 50's, so shit maybe you're onto something.

You know what, why the hell not. Thread's dead and I'm bored so here come some Cuphead images.

If there is a comic or an image set, I'll post end when it reaches the final page.

END

END

I love Beppi being a dick.

Got something for those of us that don't read Korean?

The game by itself is pretty much a 30's cartoon already, most of them had few to none dialogue lines and the humor relied more on visual gags.

This is some fine bait.

END

Cuphead and Mugman accidentally knock out Sally Stageplay's leading man with their rough housing. Now to atone, Sally is forcing one of them to learn how to dance, sing and perform all of their lines perfectly before showtime.
(for further hijinks she's forcing both of them in a trenchcoat to participate)

are Cuphead and Mugman wearing a black shirt or are they black skinned?

I'll see what I've got. I can't speak moon either, but I get a good enough idea to get the jist.

END

yes

Taking a break for a bit. Movie night.

He's completely right though.

CUPHEAD
LEGS
AREN'T
FUCKING
BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

>>>
> Anonymous 03/03/18(Sat)17:11:19 No.99000747▶
>File: 1519984135324.jpg (7 KB, 281x200)
>
In order to get money to buy Elder Kettle a Christmas present, Cuphead and Mugman get jobs working for Rumor Honeybottom, and end up going on a mission to show the miserly Queen the true spirit of Christmas.

On a dare from Cuphead, Mugman journeys into Beppi's annual Halloween haunted house, which becomes a homage to Minnie the Moocher and Bimbo's Initiation.

Werner Werman and Dr. Kahl engage in a contest to see who is the better inventor, which quickly spirals out of control, with the residents of Inkwell Isle teaming up to stop the two scientists from destroying everything.

Cuphead and Mugman become Dijimmi's "genie apprentices" only to learn how dangerous magic can be, even for a genie!

Elder Kettle tells the story of how, when he was younger, he originally fought the Devil and his gang before Cuphead and Mugman.

Feeling bored with life and fed up with rules, Cuphead runs away to live a pirate's life with Captain Brineybeard.

Cuphead and Mugman discover a secret admirer letter, addressed to one of them. They travel around the isle, asking all the different women who sent the letter.

After a fight with his brother about who is the better boxer, Ribby finds himself searching for a job that suits his style, while Croaks attempts to find a new boxing partner, both of which are easier said than done.

Fixed, was thinking of Mickey Mouse at the time.

kill me

are cuphead and mugman brothers ? are they gay ? are they gay brothers ?

who would be the Devil? King Neptune?

plankton ?

Not the weirdest crossover I've seen.

Also not the worst autism either

Back for a bit, about to crash hard so just a few more then maybe more tomorrow if the thread is still alive.

KEKHEAD AND HIS PAL FUCKMAN!
ARE FUCKING RACIEST!

This works surprisingly well. I mean Osomatsu is Showa era after all. They're practically cousins of classic cartoons.

>that fucking astro boy feel

I want a shirt like that!

Image to big a screenshot would do.

END

What the fuck...

Sorry, more moon.