Disney has made you the head of Marvel

Everything outside the Live action movies and now TV.

What do you change?

>Rehire/hire editors, the current wave of constant errors is the fault of Ike sacking editors because he is a penny pinching Jew.
>Start Leaving Diamond. Floppies get sold digitally, which saves greatly on production costs. There are only two printed methods
>1. Line wide collections. All the books of a certain category in one month are sold together. So say Avengers. Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel, etc. Or Cosmic. or Magic. Linewide collections are sold on lower quality materials and every month should have a rotating guest star. A new character trialed out, or a look at D list or lower character.
>2. Standard Trades. High production quality.Try to get these sold more broadly. Go advertise in front of Marvel movies.
>Open up creatives rights to their created IPs. The comics are nothing compared to the movies. You can earn everything comics make in a year off a single successful movie. Even the TV shows make bank. DC TV made a billion dollars a year from all the various revenue streams. But they won't innovate without incentive.
>Focus on expanding the universe. Build Rogues galleries, supporting casts, new characters, etc.
>Ban certain people from twitter

I'd continue to do what they've been doing. It's not like comics are dying or anything. We keep saying that but they're still around

Go to a poorly-lit pub in Britain, ask if anybody there is a writer, recruit the ones who look like drug addicts, and tell them that they get to helm the Avengers and X-Men.

>Ban certain people from twitter
I would do this first. On the other hand I think that might be want they're doing now considering Waid and Slott's Twitter accounts aren't active anymore.

I've got nothing to add. Those are all exactly what needs to be done. Any other complaining is missing the forest for the trees.

As an addendum though, based on how well sony's spider-man game does, I'd start getting a Marvel Videogame Universe built. Base the mechanics off of each character's powers. A Punisher cover shooter, a captain america action game where a little line-of-sight shows where his shield will richochet, a Heroes for Hire beat 'em up, that sort of thing.

>I'd continue to do what they've been doing. It's not like comics are dying or anything. We keep saying that but they're still around
Have you been to a comic store lately? No one is buying Marvel. They were slipping free Marvel preview issues into people's bags at the counter lol. Meanwhile DC is flying off the shelves and running out at the distributor.

I still think that people that love marvel characters will still buy marvel. I don't think that people ever seriously quit buying comics when marvel does something stupid.

Despite all that, no one buys marvel at my LCS and neither do I

I would keep publishing some monthly comics in print on account that digital still isn't enough to pay the bills. I'd also focus on digital/tpb market and also if it's available make a magazine to publish on the newsstand (on account that it's hard to sell regular comics on the newsstand).

Definitely need to start giving better incentives. It's obvious that the talent drain is because most creators know they're getting subpar deals at Marvel, even if they're not going to mention it.

Revive Ultimate Marvel imptint.

Fire all the sjws. Tell guards to shoot them if they are close to the building.
Moore, Gaiman, Morrison. THis is your home. Feel free to come and write wonderful stories with our characters. Do whatever you want with them. Oh, and could you solve the OMD mess, please?
Real continuity. Characters will grow old and die. And they won't appear in more than 2 series.
You bash on other publishers, I fire your ass for giving Marvel a bad PR. Besides, what kind of idiot insults future or former employers?
No more decompressed narrative.
No more Ultimate universe.
90s characters: kill them off. Fuck Cable, Deadpool and all that shit.
No manga influence. Let's keep comics pure and clean from inferior beings.
Creative Commons licenses for all Marvel products.
Epic Illustrated v2. European and Latin American stories.
Spanish translations of books. It's the second language of the US!
Republish pre-1990 material and let 90s books rot in the cellar.
Punisher out of 616 universe.
Give Moon Knight a decent writer, for Jack's sake.
Don't charge more than 2 $ per issue.
More translations of foreign material (yes, including manga)
A Vertigo-like collection.
Fuck crossovers and events.
Less splash pages. We are telling a story, you know.
No Conservative or ultra-Left messages in comics.
Aunt May dies forever.
Iron man: he fell into a puddle and got rust. Killed off or a B-list again.
Writers and artists keep the copyright every time they create a new character.
Characters can smoke or take drugs if necessary or cool.
Put the ads at the end of the story. No more interruptions.

>Spanish translations of books. It's the second language of the US!
delete this

>Moore
You're gonna have to perform a 5-year magic ritual for Alan Moore to even consider coming back, dude.

Come on man, they'res no way the British three would come back. marvel has burned them way too many times.

This is a fiction thread, isn't it?

That is a shitty idea.

Expand advertising to the youngsters by more than just tv shows and the like -- we need kids the rejuvenate the brand and have them interested in the comics, not just the screen. The love for the characters is there, we just need people to express it through buying the product that these characters spawned from.

Also, re-tweak current Marvel's persona. It's trying to envoke the friendliness that Marvel was known for in the 80's but the execution has only come off as the staff being inclusive, judgemental, and secretive. There is a severe lack of trust and hostility between the customers and the publishers -- I'd bring in speakers to help promote more diverse THINKING. I'd, unfortunately, leave the quality of Marvel's current art as is; the direction the writing has been in is the major turn off for the broadest audience. Once we fix the company's image, then we can finally improve upon art.

>Also, re-tweak current Marvel's persona. It's trying to envoke the friendliness that Marvel was known for in the 80's but the execution has only come off as the staff being inclusive, judgemental, and secretive. There is a severe lack of trust and hostility between the customers and the publishers -- I'd bring in speakers to help promote more diverse THINKING. I'd, unfortunately, leave the quality of Marvel's current art as is; the direction the writing has been in is the major turn off for the broadest audience. Once we fix the company's image, then we can finally improve upon art.

I think you're on the right track, but I'd have to gradually fix both art (at least from a storytelling perspective) and story at the same time. Even though story is important the thing that catches people's eye first is art.

The thing that catches people's eyes is the COVER ART. What they see inside is the artists' style when they skim through it.

I'm not saying I'd leave the art as is -- but I'm not saying I'd completely redo it either. Because face it -- people go to webcomics not expecting great art, but simplistic style. If we could find a simplistic style that can do more than flat angles and dynamic anatomy, that would do until we see an increase in sales. THEN we get great art and proudly display the less competent artists on lousier titles (which would be the dying remnants of nuMarvel's progressive comics). If one of these comics with lousy art goes well, we'll keep it around for the sake of profits. Don't change what isn't broke and let it die out. Meanwhile, we'd be upgrading everything else for the children and the guaranteed audience.

Also, I think making short graphic novels compiled of the characters' backgrounds would be great if sold at scholastic bookfair as to introduce the origins and stories the characters have been through.

More Diversity and less white people

This. They can publish their comics in Africa. It's an untapped market.

>No more Ultimate universe.
Shit-taste detected.

> Gurihuru now does Squirrel Girl's art.
> Riri Williams is gravely injured, causing Moon Girl to take up the Iron Man mantle.
> Never mention Riri again.
> Give Enchantress her own title.
> SHIELD run by a collaboration of Maria Hill, Sunspot, and General Ross.
> Hilarity ensues.
> Launch a title about Venomverse Deafpool and Carnage having wacky, bloody adventures.
> Consolidate the various Spider-characters into a Batman Inc style team.
And most importantly:
> Bring back Scott Summers.

2 year ban on crossovers except for one or two issue "in-family" crossovers, like other X-men can show up in any X-men book, you can have Avengers show up in Avengers books, etc.

I'd actually synergize with the movies. They're often months late. I would have some fancy trades/omnibuses for BP the month before the movie came out.

Start doing writing workshops trying to get more new blood into comics. You can have authors jump mediums into comics, but they need to be trained on the differences. You cannot write a comic like you can a book, as Ta-Nahisi Coates showed us.

I honestly might do a shamanistic ritual and allow Jim Shooter's spirit to take over my body. Every comic is someone's first. Even if it leads into a bigger trade, if it ships monthly and costs almost $5, it should be a complete story. Stan Lee and Jim Shooter had one thing in common, they understood that people know when they're getting a good deal.

This copypasta is stale

Pull Disney Kingdoms back out of limbo and bring Disney books in general back to Marvel.

>reopen relations with DC and other comic companies to allow of a crossover event every five years or so
>bring back the animated show Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes
>listen to my writers and artists when they say they want draw / write a certain story of character
>have a yearly drive wherein we Print an oversized issue that’s full of a few stories and art from up and coming hopefuls
>keep Event comics down to one every 18 months
>ask that my staff ignore Twitter and most forms of social media
>make a rule that the opinions of people who buy our product (comics, not just movie tickets) hold more value than people who don’t
>add a bonus issue from the early years to the Bonus Digital Copy deal, nothing that was written after 1990
>work with Manga producers to make a monthly Battle styled manga with Marvel characters title Contest of Champions

Id go full 90's and have multilple dimensions and timelines again. Like having M2, 2099 and so on. Trying to have everything all in one universe and timeline needs to stop. Having different bubbles is the way to go. Stop trying to have synergy so much to the movies too. Focus on stories and personal arcs. Hire DMs from table top games to help balance team battles and what roles different heroes on a team should play. Build teams this way too, not again because of that characters role in a movie.

Mostly let solo stuff just do its own thing and not try to fuck with those stories.

Carol goes full fascist and is ultimately killed, push She-Hulk as Marvel's WW and give her a TV show about legal adventures with a Phoenix Wright video game crossover

Carol has long hair now

Loveness is now on Champions
Give Priest Daredevil and try to get him sign an exclusive.

Start an imprint that does quarterly graphic novel sized series and market it as an alternate continuity. Make one of them a Disney character graphic novel series that crosses over into Marvel. Donald Duck as Captain America. Goofy as Thor. Mickey Mouse, Sorcerer Supreme.

So armchair businessman thread?

>You know your imprint is quite similar to Earth-1 they have at Detective Comics Comics. And they also did crossover with Looney Tunes.

My LCS were advertising the black panther epic collections and such. my favorite secondhand store did the same

This guy gets it.

Fire literally every member of the staff and start fresh. This company needs a blood transfusion.

Fire everyone.

Hire good people that are into comics who aren't weird lefty dipshits who pretend to read comics.

Retcon the entire last 25 years as a really bad dream

>Start Leaving Diamond.
Last time Marvel tried their hand at self-distribution, they shit the bed spectacularly and caused a crash that left every other distributor bust EXCEPT Diamond. What makes you think they'd care to try that again?

Give Greg Smallwood something to work on along a decent writer

No, these are patented marvel universes, family recipe.

The 2000ad model.

>re-hire Bendis for big $$$
>poach Johns for stupid money just to fuck with WB
>hire Liefeld as deputy
>leak Johns' actual salary to Bendis anonymously
>petty cash me some o' them fine upscale New York hookers
>stay in office 24/7 with hookers and cash money
>start shooting out randomly when challenged about chaos caused in the organization
>three day siege
>company is bankrupt, offices trashed, half the talent and editors are dead, hookers are already getting book and movie deals
>say nothing until court hearing
>"wildcard, bitches"