>empathetic
>tries to ease tension between brothers and joke around
>can be a bit lazy, though ultimately pulls through when he needs to in a fight

Cartoons
>DUDE PIZZA
>BOOYAKASHA COWABUNGA DUDES
>HA HA WHY ARE YOU MAD AT ME FUCKING UP AGAIN

>comics aimed at older readers have depth of characters
>cartoons aimed at younger audience have one-note gratingly immature fuck up characters
what would you really expect

>FUCKING UP
you mean saving the day because he's secret god tier
he's drunken master as fuck, it's all instinct and reflexes and looks like bumbling

His dick's hanging out

Mikey was always a weak, nothing part of Mirage. The cartoon versions are relatively better even though they can easily get grating.

IDW splits the difference and is the definitive version of him because of it

This

Did you know that the NECA toys of the 1984 Turtles featured articulated tails?

Fun fact.

the 2k3 version of Mikey also did this, beside the surfing accent, overall he was probably the closest an animated series got to the comic version of Mikey.

In the Nick show it really was just him fucking up and being an asshole all the time.
>April's dad is mutated into a horrible insane monster and it's literally their fault
>HAHA LET'S CALL HIM WINGNUT

He might've actually been some kind of autistic savant

>that fucking thumbnail

That shit is annoying, but he also gets moments such as when he temporarily left them when they became the Foot, and he ended up being right about the whole thing, or trying to play mediator with the mutanimals, minus Old Hob hating his guts now.

He does have his moments though, like any time they go to Dimension X or him taking down a monster on his own. Plus he inadvertently creating the Mighty Mutanimals due to his ability to befriend everyone.

Hob is probably just going to fight Null and be a human hating grump that never follows through on that for eternity.

A cartoon which fits every criteria in the first category, yet still manages to be exceptionally popular among children.

Many, many cartoons managed this. It has just become less popular over the years, because it is more expensive to make a cartoon like that.

what are some of the best TMNT comics or graphic novels?

Soul's Winter is a personal favorite, and I do love the IDW and vol 1 Mirage comics too.

LOOKAT THAT TURTLE DIIICK!!

TURNED MYSELF INTO A TURTLE MORTY
BOOM! BIG REVEAL! I'M A TURTLE! WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT? I TURNED MYSELF INTO A TURTLE!!!

I'M TURTLE DIIIIIIIIIICK!!!

Actually retarded anons.

bumping

EVERY TIME I DO IT MAKES ME SIIICK.

>LIKE A TURTLE DO

Which one was ten times more popular with more fans covering more than a decade, and which one was the literal who?

The cartoon, I know, which is a shame since TMNT comics are generally better. The first movie is maybe the most perfect TMNT thing ever though, Donatello just being another Mikey aside.

Yeah, I'd have to say that the 1990 movie is one of the best turtles incarnations. Also the IDW comic.

IDW is amazing, I agree, but as a singular moment that movie is solid

Dude, this is a blue board, spoiler that shit.

Bump

IDW isn't the definitive version of fucking anything.
Everything they make is mass produced IP dog shit.

Look at this hideous fucking shit

>IDW is amazing
Kill yourself

I’d love to see a cartoon try to adapt this.

This shit broke me.

What’s your favorite version of TMNT?

Except that IDW made the absolute best thing that ever happened, ever.

The original run.

IDW has never done anything worth half a fucking shit.
All they do is suck up IPs and spit out half assed comics by shitty artist and writers that dumb faggots like you throw money at.

Better pic

Shitty art fanfiction dog shit that probably had the fucking word Kaiju in it.
There are better artists on fucking deviant art.

Fuck you, Rulers of Earth was the most fun I've had reading a comic since I was 12.

Then you should leave, because twelve year olds aren't allowed on this site, cunt

They made the best Rat King

You wish me to leave because I am capable of having fun? I'll oblige, you can wallow in your misery and self doubt for as long as you want.

Why are you here then?

Oh look, its the reason I stopped buying this series of trades.

Nobody cares about anything you do, fucking tripfaggot

It’s a great issue though

Is the first movie really that good? I only saw the sequel and it was 1987 cartoon-tier.
>that final "fight" with Shredder
Most disappointing final fight I have ever seen.

The first one is pretty much straight Mirage.

It’s pretty damn great and holds up perfect

The first one is one of the most faithful comic book movie adaptations ever made. It's an almost straight adaptation of the original Shredder story arc from the original comic. The movie still has its comedy moments (and as someone else mentioned) but it's nowhere near as goofy as Secret of the Ooze. That one was made lighter and with a tone closer to the cartoon specifically because people thought the first one was a little too dark for a kid's movie.

>Soul's Winter
Never understand the appealing for this overrated book.

>he thinks anons come here to enjoy themselves

2nd movie is only good for tokka and rahzar.

>oldfag bitching up a storm in a TMNT thread
bout time