So... Why do people think condescending writing legitimately sells?

So... Why do people think condescending writing legitimately sells?
It makes absolutely no sense from a business perspective.

I forgot this comic existed.

No surprise. It's pretty dull.

The people they are trying to sell this book to want a power fantasy conflict that is the equivalent of "Everyone stood up and clapped."

THIS
H
I
S

They live in an eco-chamber and think everyone is on their Marxist Feminist side.

One of the reasons Trump won.

But Lauryn Hill does suck.

because that´s the only way talentless hacks can create something

How the FUCK did the dyke tomboy simply appear behind the disgusting straight white male when she was clearly in front of him?

>black girl immediately threatens violence
lol

It's weird how these people think everyone's on their side without even interacting with them.
It's like those retarded "We All Are Feminists" stickers from Sweden.

also you can take what said, its a power fantasy but of course its totally problematic because its just another white saviour trope playing out where mighty whitey has to step in to defend to defend the poor helpless under privileged minorities
why don't sjws practice what they preach?

This Though ironically you do bring up a point in that this demographic really doesn't buy anything. So from a marketing perspective it's probably;

'I can be a lazy fuck with no substance but as long as I'm on the 'Right side of history' people will praise it and give it free advertising, more people might want to buy it based solely on that fact, and people of future generations will see me as a 'good person''

It's a win win on most accounts even if it's not selling well.

>she doesn't suck
>she sold a lot of copies
Bieber confirmed GOATest of the GOAT

>It makes absolutely no sense from a business perspective.
it doesn't IDW is going bankrupt because of their nonsensical bullshit

>people of future generations will see me as a 'good person'
lol

Did you know that the director from The Jazz Singer choose to do the blackface act because he wanted to introduce people to black music and culture?

This reminds me about that one Teen Titans go with the animation thing

Blackface is the weirdest fucking thing, basically all I hear about it is that it's an awful, vicious, mockery of black people, and yet every performer of it I can find, was generally anti-segregation and used it to lampoon white supremacist doctrine. Shit is just fucking bonkers.

On this page, an employee(?) gets mad at a customer for expressing their taste, berates them, and throws them out. This is an example of what's wrong with many game and comic shops. Aren't there tons of comics showing why women supposedly don't want to go into those stores because of the hostile nerds who work there?

It was a practice most popular in the Antebellum US, a time when vicious mockery of black people was White America's favorite pastime.

>IN GLORIOUS BLACK & WHITE

Context is everything.
Most people didn't knew it was usually used to mock the stereotype, so it defaulted as a "racist caricature".

It still is........

Pics or didn't happen

I mean, we have (had) people working at Marvel actively shitting on their fanbase. I dunno.

>Sales means she's a good artist
Lauryn Hill is good but not because she sold a bunch. Plenty of famous artists suck and plenty of unknown artists are good.

Hey look a faggot.

It still is and now black people and Chinese people join in too. Latinos would as well if they had a market for it.

Dumb black people are hillarious.

Yeah, hows that going, Gabby? White identity politics is at a nearly fifty-year high.

Edit the comic to be about McDonalds. DO IT!

You don't have to be ashamed of your weight. At least be fucking aware of it, that way when you die in 10 years due to a fat-induced stroke, it doesn't come across as a surprise to you.

Because their wages don't depend on sales.

If you tied how much they got paid to # of sales, you'd see an increase in pandering but also an increase in quality.

This is condescending if you have skin thinner than tissue paper

Keep whining baby

>nuhh, it sold well, that makes it good!

Jesus, I have never seen so much suck in one opinion before outside of Dobson.

I told the artist they're fat on twitter in a direct message, and they told me they've been struggling with weight gain all their life and that I'm just a bully.

All in all, a good day.

That belly of hers say he will not make it to 70

what book is this?
the scarlet johansen character in the last panel makes me think this is an all ages black-widow story

this is embarrassing to read and to be completely honest even as a liberal democrat i want to kill myself

Wut is this?

>Why do people think condescending writing legitimately sells?
People think that by being an asshole and acting like a dick to people, that means you're cool and hip. These people think that by being a cunt to someone with a different opinion than them, but since they're a minority, that their actions are acceptable. But it's not, an asshole is an asshole no matter what skincolor/gender/sexual orientation/political spectrum they have.

>It makes absolutely no sense from a business perspective.
Haven't sales for comics been at an all-time low, or have at least been struggling?

There is nothing more embarrassing than seeing that, but don't kill yourself, tell others what a joke they are and call out the bullshit.

people seem to like Transmetropolitan

That's more often about attacking power structures than cultural tastes though. You can respect someone for attacking a target that wields power.

Eco chamber?

but Lauryn Hill does suck

It really is a terrible shame this comic had to have such horrid writing and sequential direction, because the art is cute and most of the girls on the team have high waifu potential.

so they attack and trip cause he didnt like music , fuck this comics sucks

>Sales = quality
Every time.

That is how "progress" works, anything that was once considered progressive will one day be considered vilely prejudiced.

You're right we should stop all work on developing an FTL capable engine.

>both characters face each other
>character A turns 360 degrees and walks away from B
>character B is suddenly in front of A and trips him as he walks away
How fast is she?

i think you missunderstand what progressive is. Maybe by choice because you side with the sjws. let me tell you, we'll never have proper space travel if the progressives win.

this is basically what happens.

>people are kind of normal.
>progressives come and say we cant behave that way anymore, instead we have to use this new word, and act this new way
>the new progressive way of acting is clearly racist to logical people (ie: safe spaces just for blacks), giving the progressives an opposition to demonize for being against it.
>years later its logically considered racist to act that way of course, and the new progressives pretend it was the hicks acting that way all the time and use it as proof we need to change.

This guy said a record sucked and everybody else is acting as if he just screamed nigger at the height of voice.

I tolerated the trap girlfriend.

But picture related made me drop out of Questionable Content.

FUCK.
YOUR.
PRONOMS.

>let me tell you, we'll never have proper space travel if the progressives win.

Tell Moviebob that. He thinks Hillary's win would have ushered in future space travel and being able to grow wheat on the moon.

What IS this thing?
It's like a Sup Forums greentext pasta where the Sup Forumstant lectures everyone about how dadrock sucks and everyone should listen to Animal Collective or whatever is board-approved that day, except in reverse.

So I don't care about the comic but is this lauryn hill's music actually good or not?

>This album was really popular and made by a woman, thats why its the best music ever made!
How to instantly spot a music pleb.

this also struck me as weird. shes literally telling the other person it couldnt compete with male music. as if male music is somehow inherently better than female music.

>Made by a ----INSERT "OPRESSED" PEOPLE----- so that make it GOOD.

Jesus fucking Christ, how more cringeworthy those SJWs can be?

sad thing is women were probably never oppressed.

think about it. we get lied to and about and we see other groups get lied about too so much. the left has literally been writing our history.

who's to say this only started recently?

Try not being so underage.

I don't understand how people get away with writing like this, not because of the weird pandering, but because I've never seen a conversation like this happen. Are the girl and the guy friends? Is he just some random dude suddenly talking shit to a stranger?

Has the person who wrote this never been in public? It's like they saw a badly written ninties sitcom, and then tried to adapt that style of writing, poorly.

>implying you are old enough to have lived through the 50's and you still post on Sup Forums

not a good look reddit.

i can't believe she literally trips/assaults a customer for an interaction/personality she didnt like and gets congratulated for it by her boss.

It's like an alien came to Earth, spent a few hours looking at tumblr, and now thinks they understand how people interact.
At least if the alien went to Sup Forums for a little while instead it'd be kinda funny in a pathetic way.

He can barely usher his dick out to piss. I'm not too concerned about the thoughts of movieblob

they're not writing for you. Business comes later.

>"Guys how do we know that liberals haven't rewritten all the history books across the entire world and that all racism is fake?"
That doesn't sound like something a fourteen year old would have written to you?

I can't speak for every performer you've looked up, but in Rowdy Roddy's case it was probably just an idea he had after a night of coke and whores.

The guys Scottish anyway, they didn't even have blackface over there, let alone half blackface.

Though the best part of that getup was that it took him days to get the paint off and even had to ride a plane with it still on him.

>Biggest Food chain world wide
>McDonalds now cuisine food
I agree, the comic is more like a company war with different tastes considered to be the only truth.

>assault is fine if it's against people who I dont like or agree with

that's bullying

American comic industry always cancer.

>You should attack someone who hold a different opinion than you

This shit is corny , " your , your mom sucks " these niggas are in there 20s

Dang this is so obnoxious. He probably wanted to debate (like some people do) and they went about it the wrong way. Instead of doing their job and trying to sell something, they insult him then trip him.

These girls suck at their job.

Looks like you tolerated way more than I ever did, everything I've seen is pretty fucking insufferable.

If comics like this were any indication, more than half the world was transgender and/or gay.

Yeah, you really showed the world with your laughingstock of a comic book, Gabby. You and Uwe Boll should really go on tour together.

Not only that, these niggas kicked him cause he doesnt like lauryn hill

Dang... thats fucked up

You wouldn't think it was condescending if you shared the viewpoint of the character

that boy ain't right

>because it was made by a female means it good
Is this how rosaries think?

Another hundred years to joyfully fuck w Gabby

>They live in an eco-chamber

He turned around

I think Lauryn Hill is a fine artist but that's proabably the shittiest defense of her I've ever seen.

Wat comic is this ?

This page reads like the author wrote a synopsis that included "a debate on the merits of Lauryn Hill" but forgot to actually think of a salient points and didn't realize it until the script was due. Then they scrambled to wikipedia to find any fact to insert into the script.

Ballsy move though. Bad News Brown was one of those old-school wrestlers from a time when you had to be real tough to be a wrestler since guys were always looking to start bar fights with you or steal belts off you in a match by going shoot in the middle of it, and even among those guys Brown had a rep for being tough. Not as legendary as Meng or Harley Race, of course, but still not someone you wanted to fuck with. So of course Piper does it anyways.

All y'all are literally obsessed with Gabby.

>One of the reasons Trump won.
not the absolute state of the goverment having much more power than their people when it comes to elections because the us has no real democracy
no sir, nope

>Context is everything.

Which makes it idiotic to complain some Jap is doing blackface to cosplay as Axel Foley

Hi, Gabby!

>He probably wanted to debate (like some people do) and they went about it the wrong way.

I was tabling at a show and had dude (really a young, sentient fedora in a trenchcoat -- in the middle of the summer) come up to me, ask about my comic then started trying to argue with me about Marxism. I didn't really argue with him, instead I listened and engaged him on the things we agreed with.

Turned out to be an okay interaction, he seemed lonely and just wanted to talk to someone.

But then the fucker didn't buy a copy of my book -- so fuck him.

>people would have been hurt
Like that guy who just got hurt.

Please tell me that girl and woman in the last panel fucked

>Be not anti-Gabby (because I literally give zero fucks about her) therefore you must be Gabby herself!

The logic of the MAGA crowd.