Damn, this was good

Damn, this was good.

>There are people who insist Gwenpool is the only good modern Marvel comic when this gem exists

Both Gwenpool and Vision were good, in their own way. Different genres, to be sure, but they were both ahead of their time.

>tfw no virginia gf

Mark Waid ruined by daughterfu

I wouldn't call either ahead of their time. In fact, what makes both of them good is that they're stellar executions on played out ideas. Vision is nothing that hasn't been done before in any "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" derivative and Gwenpool has nothing that hasn't been done before in your standard Isekai or Grant Morrison story. It's just that, despite doing ideas that are derivative and played out, the execution on them and overall quality writing and art elevate them to higher levels.

I agree with you on the rest though.

Fuck, man.

QUICK Sup Forums

Now that Walta is gone from marvel, what C list DC character should he and King work on next?

GI Robot

Paladin, or the howling commandos

>DC character

>overall quality writing and art
>gwenpool
yikes

They never met Grandpa Pymtron :(

space cabbie

Not an argument.

Its melodramatic bullshit. No surprise the plebs love it.

Red Lion

Would have preferred a Vision/Scarlet Witch book.

Would have sold better and probably got an extra year publication.

That would have happened only if Robinson was writing it.

Also, Robinson would have fixed Remender's bullshit assassination of Hank Pym (de-Ultronizing him).

Keep seeing this getting recommended on Sup Forums. Do I have to read anything else before just getting into it?

Black Adam

I went in blind and I understood everything fine

It helps if you've read Runaways, or know about Vision's history. But it's all explained in depth here, so the extra reading isn't required.

I didn't like it when I read it. I should try it again. But man King is shit in his Batman.

It was as boring and self-important as the rest of king's work.

The Unknown Soldier. or Sgt Rock.

IIRC Remender's cliffhanger implied that fusing had the potential to fix both their problems. Pymtron is on Duggan.

It probably reads better if you have no previous knowledge of the characters. The portrayal of Vision in this book was a lot different to anything done before. At first, people thought this was a result of Vision deleting his emotions at the start of Waid's Avengers, but the flashback issue has King writing Vision as if he was always like that.

>Would have preferred a Vision/Scarlet Witch book.

It's very telling that Marvel won't do that even now, and that Marvel's commitment to movie-synergy never includes them.