I finally watched Justice League, it was less bad than I imagined...

I finally watched Justice League, it was less bad than I imagined, it's good enough if you don't mind some cheesiness I really like the last part of the movie when Superman shows up to help the League stop Steppenwolf and Henry Cavill suddenly behaves and talks like Christopher Reeve' Superman instead of Man of Steel's Superman

Upbeat Superman was fine, I just wish the plot wasn't the league bringing him back to life so he could just fix the problem himself. The Justice League face threats that require everyone, not being totally reliant on the big blue flying brick. Not that it really matters, dumbass choice for a villain anyway

>The Justice League face threats that require everyone...

Well.... yea. That's why they brought back Big Blue. They couldn't rescue civilians AND have a believable fight with tension unless the heavy hitters are sent out to chase trucks and apartment buildings to allow the squishy heroes to be in danger.

How hyped were you when whedon had him break out the fucking frost Breath?

Not as hyped as I'd be if he had punched him into the fucking Sun. Or if he had a staredown with Darkseid through the boomtube to setup the sequel. But no.

The franchise is filled with missed opportunities.

say what you will about the rest of the movie but that moment where he looks at the flash out of the corner of his eye is one of the all-time greatest moments in cape film history.

Honestly I don’t like it as much as everyone else seems to, I think it’s because I’m sick of Hollywood thinking that super speed always has to be represented by super speed. I understand the reason why it was all in slow motion, but it kind of soured it for me.

That annoyed me only because it didn't seem real to have MoS Supes turn into Reeves. Wish he was just like that from the first place.

>I really like the last part of the movie when Superman shows up to help the League stop Steppenwolf and Henry Cavill suddenly behaves and talks like Christopher Reeve' Superman instead of Man of Steel's Superman
>I really liked it when the character suddenly stops acting like the character he is and suddenly starts acting like a character from another movie
Kill yourself

>super speed always has to be represented by super speed

uh

Superman literally does both. He punches Steppenwolf a few times, flies off to save an entire building full of civilians, and then flies back to kick his ass some more. Everyone else was practically useless in this scenario

I mean, he wasn't THAT different. Even Man of Steel had Clark smile and be happy, and he was also confident and assertive when he wanted to be, like when explaining the plan to that general and Hamilton. Now that he's back he has no real reason to look morally conflicted. He's not fighting his own race or some crazed vigilante, he's fighting an invading god. It's like Christmas for him compared to the shit he's had to deal with before.

My problem was that Aquaman was literally useless.

He only kills 4 Parademons in the entire movie.
FOUR. What was the point of Aquaman?

>It's like Christmas for him compared to the shit he's had to deal with before.
No, its like the writer of the movie realized how fucking shitty the character had been written previous and decided the solution was to completely change the way the character behaves.
Its just shitty writing / directing like every other problem these fucking awful movies have.

Slow Motion* is what I meant, it seems almost anytime there is a scene with great speed involved Hollywood tends to jump into slow motion. Some times it works, but not all the time. That scene with Flash vs Superman just wasn’t all that great to me, I can see what other people like it though.

I was more offended by the utter lack of imagination regarding his power over sea life. He's primarily a strong guy with a fork who just so happens to swim pretty good. Big fucking deal. He's Aquaman for christ sake, do something! Giant sea monster/squid, a pack of sharks, anything.
And I have to agree with this user too. Slow motion for a fast character should only be used sparingly. It ironically becomes boring really fast, and it just pads out the scene. Clark's super speed arguably more interesting than Barry's, because it doesn't waste the audience's fucking time to do something. Doesn't help that this Barry is a limp wristed faggot who doesn't even throw punches

Honestly, all the best scenes in this movie had Superman in them. I'm just glad we finally have a DCEU Superman that's engaging and fun to watch.
I felt that almost every time they wanted to include Aquaman in a group they had to forcibly shift the direction of the conversation towards him. It felt artificial, and all his other scenes were really mediocre at best.

>Flash pushes a trail to safety
>looks to one side
>there is Supes, casually flying a whole building to safety
Why is shit like this so much fun? It’s absurd, but it just feels like a comic, you know?

>I'm just glad we finally have a DCEU Superman that's engaging and fun to watch.
We don't, faggot.

t.Snyder himself

What the fucking are you even implying?
DCEU Superman IS Snyder's shitty fucking Superman.

I liked it. Superman was finally Superman which wqs great. I was okay petty much everything and even liked some of the stuff Whedon brought like them in the batcave. The only thing I didn't like was the do you bleed Batman quip. But other than that it was fine. Bruce and Diana in the whedon scene gave some actual chemistry to their partner ship and Superman teasing flash was great. Also I liked Aquabro. Him being kinda like the uncle of the group was nice.

He did slightly better at fighting Steppenwolf than wonderwoman. He got more links in. Sent him flying with a ounch, with a trident strike, and also managed to stab him with trident throw. WW did jack shit, landed no effective strikes and overall only broke his axe thanks to superman. If you are going to complain about being useles, complain about her or the flash, who for some reason didn't just wipe out every parademon within 10 blocks within 10 seconds and hit Steppenwolf with 1 million electric punches before he could blink.

Morons complain about aquaman when flash literally never once engaged the main threat even tho Steppenwolf was shown to be even slower than superman. Flash would have never once been in danger and the writers didn't even bother to at least show him attempt. Instead they opted to shwon tripping and falling all over the place, being a literal pussy half the time, and not single handedly take down every enemy in sight. Flash was the fucking useless one. At least aquaman was pulling his weight in keeping Steppenwolf at bay dumbfucks.

>The only thing I didn't like was the do you bleed Batman quip

That wasn't a quip you dipshit. Did you retards seriously dilute the meaning of this word so much, you even lost understanding of it?

>DCEU Superman IS Snyder's shitty fucking Superman.
Post-BvS he isn't. This whole movie backpedaled on the whole "ostracized alien" view that Mos was trying to convey and how the public hated him in BvS. JL Supes is the first time in the DCEU that people enjoyed watching him on-screen outside of a select few scenes in previous films (First flight and the Oil Rig scene in MoS are among my own).

Fuck off.
Its the same shitty fucking character and he's just as fucking poorly written.
Stop sucking this franchise's rotting bloody cock.

>it's good enough if you don't mind some cheesiness
Its really not. Its a blackhole of a movie. Almost everything about it is bad.

Stop speaking for everyone. "People" and shit. I don't know anyone who enjoyed this shit flick, especially superman in it with his mangled cgi face and sudden change in personality

Buddy the issue isn't if Arthur can fight, the problem is the movie goes out of its way to not do anything cool with his fucking water powers. He has the entire goddamn ocean at his beck and call, and the did nothing with it. Fucking Ant Man has a movie centered around various species of ants pulling off a heist, WB has no excuse. We get enough senseless bashing with Wonder Woman and Superman

Synder pls go. Whedon won this round.

Not him, this is still very much Snyder's movie/series, and a lot of Justice League's flaws fall back on him. Moreover, Whedon is a shit director too

Nobody's saying the other characters weren't bad, they were just specifying that Aquaman seemed boring in this film. All you say is true, but in regards to Aquaman, the film doesn't send a good first impression to people who aren't familiar with the character aside from "surfer dude who stabs thing and swims."

You're the one defending Snyder's shitty Superman you dumb faggot.

JL felt almost nothing like BvS to me.

Quips are witty remarks. Batman said "yeah something is definitely bleeding alright" That sounds like a witty remark to me. A pooy done one but still a quip.

Don't give a shit about half your post. Someone said he was useless, I simply pointed out how pulled more of his weight battling Steppenwolf than half of the rest of the team, arguably the most powerful (flash) who was the most useless of them all.

But that's not what you said or implied in your first post you fucking moron. You said the "do you bleed batman quip". That line uttered from superman wasn't a quip. That's what I called you out on. Suddenly now you're talking batman's response, which wasnt the context you mentioned.

Then you must've been on fucking drugs when you saw JL, because it fucking was.
Stupid fucking nonsense with a bunch of shitty actors and dialogue with a ton of shitty action thrown in.

>Supes beating the ever loving shit out of the league after he comes back to life.

Hypest moment of the movie for me.

Then why the fuck did you even respond to me? And I didn't disagree about Flash being fucking useless either. I don't give a fuck how well he did against Steppenwolf, because it was fucking boring, and still looked like a bitch when Superman flew in to fix everything himself

Hm, JL felt wishy washy and shallow.
BvS felt like it was committed to a story that most people just didn't like.

flash is an awkward geek who's probably never been in a fight before batman recruited him. he shouldn't be able to take on parademons AND steppenwolf -- getting people out of harms way, which is exactly what bats had him do earlier, fits the character

Stop making excuses for WB's shitty characterization of Barry Allen. He's practically a new character entirely

Who's ready for Flashpoint?

I'm supposed to think this is bad but I don't.

It's just called "The Flash" now

The guys who wrote Homecoming are writing and directing

Someone actually approved of this shot. It must be embarrassing knowing that CW’s budget produces something far better than whatever that was supposed to be.

Is it just me, or does he look like he's a >10ft giant compared to the cars and buildings behind him?

Well it was what I meant. Don't give me shit because you ran off half cocked, hothead.

Speed Force

I kinda wish they went with the ice skater movements instead of just a run. I think it would work better with this effect

My favorite part of the film, desu fampai.

They really sold Barry's surprise at meeting a being who can not only register his hyper-fast movements, but almost keep up with and catch him. Stumbling over himself just to avoid being hit by a nearly-as-fast Supes was a great addition to the film.

It wasn't Snyder's Superman in Justice League.

>Or if he had a staredown with Darkseid through the boomtube to setup the sequel
I read somewhere that Snyder planned for that and it was cut

It's great but I just can't entirely like that scene because it's Shrtlesspantsman doing it.

Agreed 100%

Same goes for little kid interviewing Shoes scene

Justice League was waaaay better than MoS and BvS. I don't regret watching it like I did those movies. But it could have been really shitty and still been better than those movies.

Justice League reminded me of the Godzilla remake in that it felt like a B movie that had been given a $300 million budget.

>One character gives exposition while everyone stands around.
>Everyone else nods.
>Cut to Steppenwolf doing something.
>Beeping.
>"There's the thing I just talked about, now we need to do the thing"

CGI effects were surprisingly bad. Steppenwolf looks like he belongs in a Mortal Kombat game, Cyborg's real actor body is clipping through his CGI body all the time, Cavil's face, etc.

I didn't hate it, but after watching it I kind of went "Age of Ultron wasn't that bad".

That is a lot of the movie

I saw your thread on ResetEra about this