So what did Sup Forums think of the first issue of Keyframe...

So what did Sup Forums think of the first issue of Keyframe, the professional animation magazine published by the Animation Guild? I, for one, will be subscribing to it asap because I actually care for the medium

Other urls found in this thread:

digital.copcomm.com/i/944397-winter-2018
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I doubt it will replace The Animator's Survival Kit from Richard Williams for many.

Read through it. None of it was particularly new or helpful information that you couldn't get from already paying moderate attention to the animation industry.

Felt more like a cali circlejerk than anything insightful to people interested in animation.

I liked the "how to pitch" part but the rest...eh.

>magazines
>2018

What will you be pitching user; remember: if you're not willing to talk about your idea here it measn it's not really worth it

> anything
> 2018
ftfy

>cali circlejerk
This.

Can people tell me why covers like this exist? Who likes this quirky setup? It's obnoxious just to see in passing let alone purchase.

who hurt you

It's not a shelf publication, so they can afford to go for a classier design that doesn't have to yell for attention

Who shattered your brain at 12 and it got stuck there?

That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying it's an unfunny cringeworthy setup, with how they have her face peeking over and star dancing on her head. That's obnoxious.

Dude, what are you talking about?
This is just a magazine with news and facts about the animation industry. It isn't anything like the Animator's Survival Kit, which is mainly teaching you the principles of animation.
Two different things.

Is it just an e-magazine, or do they also ship (internationally)?

only on stands in Los Angeles

>DEY DO TING I NO LIEK IT BADDD
that's nice kid

>they have her face peeking over and star dancing on her head
That’s clearly a symbolic metaphor for Daron envisioning Star’s pose in her mind. Get your symbolism right, animationlet.

I did not know a magazine like this existed. I want to find a copy now

>Cali circlejerk

>t. Right wing rural idiot

its extremely cliche

>Los Angeles
Not surprised

It's made for the local guild, why would it be available anywhere else?

I was moreso just tired of California being the hub for all animation. I hope it changes from there eventually.

It looks like a fun little thing (even though it smells of circlejerk), but I doubt this will add anything to animation.

theres a good amount of animation being done in ny now

also georgia

There's hope yet for animation, then

If it's only a circlejerk for elitist dipshits who think half-assing storyboards is a virtue then why are we talking about it?

>I, for one, will be subscribing to it asap because I actually care for the medium

Where do I get a copy?

>step 1: Know someone in the industry
Congratulations you did it

digital.copcomm.com/i/944397-winter-2018