I'm looking to get into Transformers comics. Anyone know were to start/ have any good recommendations?

I'm looking to get into Transformers comics. Anyone know were to start/ have any good recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

zandergb.tumblr.com/post/47509563684/idw-g1-tf-guide
sequart.org/magazine/46113/man-of-iron-may-be-best-transformers-story-ever-told/
tfwiki.net/wiki/Legacy:_The_Art_of_Transformers_Packaging
tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_The_Ark
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>short answer
Don't

>long answer
Transformers vs. G.I. Joe

zandergb.tumblr.com/post/47509563684/idw-g1-tf-guide

Before you start you have to understand this
Simon Furman can and will never comprehend why a robot would have a gender
If you're wondering why I'm telling you this, you can thank me later

Read last stand of the wreckers.

Then death of optimus prime. It was a soft reset that ended the war.

Now read more than meets the eye and robots in disguise. They happen at the same time. They both culminate in the dark cybertron event.

Mtmte then continues and gets renamed lost light after issue 55. Its still going.

Thats my recommendation.

Buy the Transformers Classics collections , which have alot of 80s Marvel comics, amusingly, they are published by IDW.

State Games
Warrior School
Dinobot Hunt
The Smelting Pool
Target 2006
Wanted: Galvatron, Dead or Alive (because Death's Head)
City of Fear
Time Wars
Last Stand of the Wreckers
Sins of the Wreckers

Fucking this.

A little known gem:

sequart.org/magazine/46113/man-of-iron-may-be-best-transformers-story-ever-told/

This.

Do you want to take the long route or the shorter but still long route? There are only two acceptable jumping-on points and that's the very beginning of the IDW run with Infiltration. The other acceptable jumping on point is Death of Optimus Prime which precludes to ongoing comics, Robots in Disguise and More than Meets the Eye.

Start at the beginning with -ations or jump ahead to Phase Two Season 1.

>unironically recommending IDW's tumblrformers: vaginaration one

Shut the fuck up, Tumblr is a great website, it's where my wife met her boyfriend.

Dumb question but semi related. Does anyone know where I can find a set of clean images of all of the G1 casts and their alt mode. Maybe like an infograph?

I am working on a tabletop game using the Transformers and although I would LIKE to use the worlds tiniest transformers toy line as my units they are expensive as fuck. I decided I want to make pogs of each with their alt modes on the back so you flip them when they transform.

I been searching the net but the images are of vastly varying consistencies and I would really like something streamlined and clean.

If you can find it cheap theres Legacy. A big huge book thats nothing but packaging art.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Legacy:_The_Art_of_Transformers_Packaging

Hmm... wonder if I can find a pdf.

Theres also The Ark, which has the character models for every single character in the cartoon.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_The_Ark

I just don't understand why with a series as popular as transformers that there were no pogs made of them or at least super cheap minis.

There's a torrent with the IDW iteration as well as the g1 and vs GI Joe series on tpb

This is what I got when I asked the same long ago.