Timothy Hunter

How did they get away with making such a blatant Harry Potter ripoff?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/79603607
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>he doesn't know

Here's your (you)

They let gay men get away with anything in this industry

Bait.

It's not bait, just look at him:
>British
>Glasses
>Owl
>Finding out he's a wizard
Even the name's a thinly veiled copy:
>Potter
>Hunter
>Harry
>Timothy

>The Books of Magic Miniseries (1990-1991)
>The Books of Magic Ongoing Series (1994-2000)

>Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (1997)

>Since the 1997 publication (and subsequent success) of the first book in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series, fans of The Books of Magic have noted some similarities between the two protagonists: both are normal, bespectacled teenage boys who have lost their mothers, and discover that they are destined to become powerful magicians while gaining an owl as a pet. The similarity was noted by a journalist from The Scotsman newspaper, who asked Gaiman if he thought Rowling was aware of his 1990 comic, to which Gaiman replied that he "wasn't the first writer to create a young magician with potential, nor was Rowling the first to send one to school"

>The story eventually moved south of the border, with a story in the Daily Mirror reporting that Gaiman had accused Rowling of plagiarism being repeated in the Daily Mail. Gaiman has stressed, "This is not true, I never said this", and when asked, repeats his belief that Rowling had not read The Books of Magic and that the similarities most likely result from both being inspired by similar works, in particular those of T. H. White.[3][40] Hunter: Age of Magic author Dylan Horrocks has pointed out that neither Hunter nor Potter was truly an original idea, with another boy wizard preceding Hunter in comics, and they should be considered more as part of a genre:

>“The superficial similarities are striking - but no more so than any number of other stories in the genre. As Gaiman has repeatedly said, he and Rowling were merely drinking from the same well. In fact, there was even a story in 2000AD (called the 'Journals of Luke Kirby') which came out a few years before The Books of Magic, which was extremely similar to both the BoM and Harry Potter. This is a genre - and Gaiman and Rowling are both playing with the conventions of the genre, to different ends.

Kill yourself.

Timothy Hunter once created an entire new multiverse and sealed it away from the normal DC universe and erased his memory. It is plausible that he did this more than once. Therefore Harry Potter is Timothy Hunter in an alternate multiverse and told his story to JK Rowling to be transcribed in a format that would not give away his true origin

let's take the British trope of loser kid with round glasses
and combine it with the extremely old British trope of wizards running around with owls (merlin started it)

OP, there are ways to start a Books of Magic thread without looking like a complete retard.

>British trope of loser kid with round glasses

Name five examples.

Not him and I don't know about exclusively british, but there's tons of losers with "Coke-bottle glasses".

I feel like there was a part at the end that had someone impersonating Harry Potter and going on to that magical platform

HYPERTIME

Since when is Neil Gaiman gay? Don't get him confused with Clive Barker please.

>gay
uh huh

It's a joke, morons. You know, because it's pronounced "gay man".

Reminds me of this for some reason:
vimeo.com/79603607

god papyrus is tacky

Why? It's not my joke, and at least I'm not retarded enough not to get it.

The unretarded life is not worth living.

Yeah, Tim's shitty stepbrother. He used a glamour to disguise himself as Tim, and disappeared into a wall in a train station.