Voltron S5

Really? A new season came out two days ago and there isn't a thread? People are already done talking about it?

The way Netflix is releasing this show is going to kill it. Getting these tiny sections of a 26 episode season just leaves the audience feeling dissatisfied.

fun sentry a best

The last thread archived like ten minutes ago brah chill out

How big would Rule63 Lotor's boobs be?

Wasn't there going to be a Dungeons and Dragons episode? What are your predictions?

>kills his dad who was king and according to Galra rules, that means he should be king because he beat the strongest Galra
>lots of Galra refuse his claim to the throne

Gas the Bat-Cats (Male)!

You missed out on talking about how Shiro is going to get with Romelle who will be a male white lion in this version.

Is it true that Steven Yeun cried when recording a future episode?

Was Norman Reedus too expensive to bring back or does he just sound really fucking weird now?

please no shipping

It was Yeun himself who said he did.

Is it shipping if it's definitely going to happen?

>yfw The Galaxy Garrison become the real bad guys of Voltron

He was trying to act emotional during a line reading and started tearing up, if you've ever acted before, it's a thing that can happen sometimes when you're getting really into a scene.

That will be the one that makes Klance canon.

I won't say it was bad, more of just a disappointment, like the ending didn't feel like anything satisfying. The story beats felt off, like, how do you kill off your big bad in the first third, then end with the characters going to a place never before referenced or hinted at, and then, just, nothing? We got some plot points confirmed but it just didn't really feel like anything happened even though within the story a hell of a lot just happened. The fucking head of the Galra empire just died and it happened in a surprisingly mundane way, just a dual with his son, no real hype or build up either, it just sort of happens, then he's dead.

So did they figure out what they are doing with Lance yet?

Arguments about what's definitely going to happen or not are the worst kind, if it was just enjoying the dynamics without caring about the show canon I doubt many of us would give a shit as long as it was easily ignorable, the debates over what's endgame tend to hijack the whole thread.

Kojima putting him through the ringer.

>The story beats felt off, like, how do you kill off your big bad in the first third,
Some people theorised that the real Zarkon probably have died in S2, either during the final battle or even before during the astral plane fight against Shiro.

Re: big bad, I think we all can see now that the real big bad is whatever's corrupting Haggar, Zarkon and possibly Lotor. Perhaps we might even see Other World Altea as part of the problem, too.

You jinxed it you fool
The 6-7 episode seasons are actually quarter seasons, since the show was written like a regular TV show would have been. Keep that in mind if you don't want to be triggered with every release.

>we might see keith cry
hell yeah ive been waiting for this

if he really died at the end of S2 Haggar probably resurrected him with the distilled quintessence

Hey guys Future user here. Come to ruin the shitty show for you.

They set up Shiro's death in this season. He will learn in the next season that he is the clone of the real Shiro that died a long time ago and Haggar made him as a back up plan. After learning this and he will kill himself to save the group. Keith will come back to honor Shiro and then buttheads with Lotor. Lotor and Allura will become full on relationship mode and then they will make Keith develop stronger feelings for Allura and the love triangle will happen. Meanwhile Lance will become someone special and Hunk will forever be on the back burner. Also the Lotor waifu chicks will join Voltron and the main girl is Keith's half sister.

Dead mom or dead Shiro?

>The fucking head of the Galra empire just died and it happened in a surprisingly mundane way, just a dual with his son, no real hype or build up either, it just sort of happens, then he's dead.
It was incredibly fucking hype, the fight was the centerpiece of the episode and the animation and choreography were pure kino. It was the culmination of the conflict between Lotor and Zarkon/the Galra regime that had been building since he was introduced in S3.

>see Other World Altea as part of the problem, too.

I know it's a long shot, but I hope we get an AU episode where the team runs into the Alt Paladins who work under a revived Lotor against the Altean Empire.

I havent seen the newest season yet but from my recent watch of it Lance had to be the most boring of the characters. Does he get something this season or can I continue to not care about him?

probably the climax of the Project Kuron plotline

Please be Garrett.
And please be named Garrett because it's suffering to see "Hunk Garrett" every time you try to find old DotU content pertaining to Coran's son.

Yes, if everyone just talked about cute shit and headcanons and whatnot no one would care.

I have to agree with the previous user though, it wasn't as grand as, say, end of S2. S2 finale was epic as fuck. Still the best season finale so far.

I almost believed you there until you mentioned Acxa being Keith's sister.

Allow me to use the mention of "cute shit" for me to segway into posting stuff like pic related

>trusting a race of big, violent, scary-looking vampire bat tigers

Whose dumbass idea was this?

>when you saw the Blazing Sword

DESU, that's the most believable theory out there right now. The emphasis on every moment where they've shared eye contact, the fact that she already knows Keith is a fellow hybrid (unless she stupidly decided to not eavesdrop on a conversation between the paladins of voltron, which is kind of ooc for her) has me convinced that they're connected somehow

Well yeah, it wasn't a season finale, it was mopping up a baddie who had already been defeated to mark a turning point in the new villain's arc, but they still put a ton of weight and effort into the episode. Season 6 will be the 2/3rds point of the show, so we should expect another real bang-up finale from that. White Lion was just a mid season tune-down episode like the flashback at the end of S3.

Cute thread? Cute thread.

>Haggar
What is her endgame? She seems to be making shiro help Lotor as much as he can, going as far as to let him use the black Bayard multiple times. I figure since she realized Lotor is her son she wants to help him, yet at the same time at the ceremony she said Lotor can't be the king. So, does she want to help her son or not?
I'm not saying the fight wasn't well animated, hell I liked the choreography too, but consider the first time we saw the king fight, the fucker took one of the goddamn lions by himself. That shit is leagues above anything we have seen an individual do in this series. Maybe the build up doesn't have as much impact for me since the seasons are being split up so much, but compared to the king's first fight, this last one where he dies does indeed feel mundane in comparison imo.
That shit was a grand scale battle, and it was great, this was a pretty big battle as well, but it didn't have the same punch as storming the enemy castle severely outgunned to get your friend back, have multiple people fight in battles that they have significant personal stakes in, and have this basically be built up since the beginning as some kind of suicide mission.

Are you calling Krolia a slut?

you wot m8. the moments where they share eye contact is like, 3 seconds of them nodding at each other after saving the others' life. they're connected because Keith saved her ass in the weblum and she felt like she owed him.

I swear it's like people have never heard of warrior's honor before.

I would cry too. Based Yeun a Sheith shipper confirmed

Also to add to some of the personal conflicts, the fight between shiro and the king had been built up for a very long time, and it was a big treat to see things finally unfold, it felt more personal and satisfying than lotor vs king, possibly because we have seen more dialogue in the former case, rather than the latter, which has been conveyed mostly through subtext rather than actual scenes.

Reminder that the true final boss is Astral projection Shiro, whose soul has become completely and utterly corrupted by the quintessence-devouring, extra-dimensional Lovecraftian Horror.

The Eldritch Horror's hivemind already brought mass devastation to the universe when it corrupted Zarkon's family into subconsciously doing its bidding. Now it plans to dispose of them so that it can move onto corrupt Team Voltron in an effort to escape its dimensional prison and continue its relentless search for quintessence. And it all starts with Shiro.

Zarkon got mega fucked up at the end of S2 and was in zombie mode with his empire falling apart around him, and all he could do was focus on trying to kill Lotor. He was a shadow of his former self, literally living on quintessence life support. He was already defeated at the end of S2 so the fight wasn't about him, it was about Lotor.

Tunnel-visioned on "garrison" and immediately assumed you were talking about garrison trio. But yeah, GG was extremely shady.

Final boss is whatever's controlling the cat.

They're twins. Kroila took Acxa and allowed her to be drafted into the army (have we even seen a civilian Galra? Does Paul Blart count?) because she'd never be able to pass off for human.

people are still getting rused by MIR sameface, even after they revealed Keith's mom to have his literal copy pasted face, kek

Shame on the human race for wanting to experiment on the Galra?
While a cute theory, the mutual respect angle seems to be where they're heading. Out of all the ''x and y characters are secret siblings'' this one has to be the most harmless.
Oh lord.
>Dead mom or dead Shiro
Oh Lord.
>climax of the Project Kuron plotline
OH LORD.

I believe it. I can see it happening.
And you're right, it does sound like hot shit.

>The way Netflix is releasing this show is going to kill it. Getting these tiny sections of a 26 episode season just leaves the audience feeling dissatisfied
I agree. Who likes this? The same thing happened with the Tick. It almost killed all interest in the show for me.

There is nothing Galra or human about those black clips on her head.

It's like Thace/Zarkon is babby daddy tier theory. First Acxa was mommy, now sister.

Those could literally just be hair clips

I'd much prefer they release 1 episode per week anime-style than do batches of quarter seasons.

both

In a show about aliens and how they're supposed to be halfsies?

Best episode
>Droidbro B plot in Bloodlines
Worst episode
>Keith mom A plot in Bloodlines
Best full episode
>Blood Duel
Worst full episode
>White Lion

>Final boss is whatever's controlling the cat.

Which is the Eldritch Horror beyond the Void. Which also happens to be controlling Haggar, had control over Zarkon, will gain control over Lotor, is slowly corrupting the Black Lion, and already has some degree of control over both Shiros.

>Best full episode
>not Kral Zera
Fuck off with your shit taste m8.

I don't want her to die.

Honestly, I'd rather have a monstrous warrior like him go out in a blaze of glory rather than getting burned out. It's pretty sad really, would've been pretty cool to see Lotor take out his father when he was at his prime rather than when he had one foot in the grave.
I know Keith's mom is basically just Keith with purple skin, boobs, and a slightly more feminine face (that's still debatable), but goddamn if she isn't hot. Was sad we didn't get to see more space azula and space ty lee. The buff one is cool too.

Krav Maga is easy runner-up, Blood Duel was still best and only furfags disagree.

They may as well at this point of stretching the season so thin.

>Remember that I love you Keith. Also you'll be going through puberty right about..... now. *dies*
>Keith gets his first Galra marking

Kral Zera > Blood Duel because the latter had too much of Pidge sperging out about her family. So sick of that shit.

the "clips" are weird skull ridges, most of the turtleface Galra dudes have them.

Me too. I'm glad her fucking family is back and over with.

Getting no content for almost a year kills all my interest in most shows, I hate the binge system.

>The way Netflix is releasing this show is going to kill it. Getting these tiny sections of a 26 episode season just leaves the audience feeling dissatisfied.

It's Dreamworks, not Netflix. But I agree, I liked the 13 episode seasons better.

Speaking of cute, I want the "let's visit earth" episode to also be the Halloween special so the aliens who are with the gang can walk around without any changes to their designs. Cue cute moment where Lotor and his former generals are pleasantly surprised by people praising their appearance.

Those ridges are always mid sagittal and do not resemble the ones of other turtle Galra.

>The same thing happened with the Tick.
Splitting the seasons? Isn't it a live action show? Jeez that's just seems disrespectful.
Two episodes per weeks wouldn't sound so bad, it needs that binge watching quality.
Don't sweat it, user. Keith with boobs is a real hot package. Just wished that her design was more inspired.

I'd be down.

Zaggar is dead, bow before your true canon power couple.

Moral of the story: Trust aliens but don't trust your teachers.

This is how Netflix releases all of their shows. And it's a fucking hot trash method. TV isn't meant to be binged once every 6 months-to-a-year - it's fundamentally designed to fit a weekly format.

Zaggar still produced the more beautiful spawn.

SHIT! Either Shiro or Kroila are fucked.

How many episodes are in this "season"?

I had forgotten most of the characters names when I started this season honestly. Really hard to give a shit about these characters when you've just remembered them as oh yeah that guy-oh he's about to die, oh well.

her design is adjusted to be more appealing since she's a more prominent character. that's all.

One universe where the Galra are defeated leads to the Altean Empire. The other world where it happens is the Human Empire

I've been a Hunk defender in the past but he's been so annoying lately I have to agree that he's the weakest character in the show.

>Someone asks how Lotor did his makeup
>He starts excitedly explaining his whole routine
>"Uhh, I was talking about your ears, dude."

>Pidge's father doesn't know that the Empire has been defeated
>Goes back to Earth
>Give the Galaxy Garrison advanced tech
>They come flying in believing that war is the only choice

At least the next hiatus is only 3 and a half months instead of 6

>Tfw Keith has a more feminine face than pidge
So this is the power of the gay agenda, not bad.

What would Lotor look like with short hair? I need character development.

Shiron is cute!

Pidge is basically a dyke so it makes sense.

I wonder how they can keep this tight schedule up though.

I didn't find any of his bits this season annoying but he got even less material than usual which is not good. Hopefully his time is coming.

It works if they release a full season. Several shows they have don't have that problem like Stranger Things with 13 one hour episodes was fine in this regard regardless of any other complaints you may have of the show.