Transmetropolitan Revival?

In this age of fake news and political corruption, is there a better time for our boy Spider Jerusalem to make a comeback than right now?

Always good to have cyberpunk Raoul Duke.

One point Transmet makes is that this political bullshit will never go away. It's always time for gonzo journalism and misanthropy.

>1%
Spider would rather stay in the mountain, away from The City and all its filthy people. He was faking his illness so people would leave him alone.

Written by Lemire.

If it happened, Sup Forums would immediately reject the revival for political reasons, and every thread would be an endless bitchfest.

>If
Haven't heard the news I see.

See I loved the series so much as is that I'm kind of torn on whether or not I want more of it

on one hand it would be cool to see it handle some current trends like fake news and I'm sure we could get some cool stories.

On the other hand it already had a solid ending and considering the end it would be out of character for spider to want to do anything else.

I'd be down if they had one of the girls take the lead or had them be a duo with spider being more of a mentor figure

You know that Warren Ellis still writes good comics right?

>Sup Forums-transplants would immediately reject the revival for political reasons
ftfy
I guarantee 9 out of 10 threads will be made by people who never heard of Transmet before but will repost a screenshot off Facebook and cry that it's bullying Trump

I've enjoyed everything I've read of his but has he written anything recently that was good ? I haven't seen his name in a while which is a shame because he's written a lot of my favorite books and want to read more of his work

What does that have to do with Lemire?

What's the point? You can just re-read the original and it's somehow more applicable today than it was when it was written.

He’s currently writing a wildstorm universe reboot called The Wild Storm. It’s entertaining, if a bit slow.

>thread isn't about politics
>antipol poster makes it about politics and Sup Forums

Like fucking clockwork. Just piss off, will you? Find a cliff and jump.
Transmetropolitan deserves better than your bullshit.

Transmetropolitan isn't about politics? Is that the assertion you're trying to make?

The assertion, you slimy yellow shit, is that it's not about Sup Forums. So don't fucking take it there with your shitty opinions and images.

DAE DRUMPF

Another political hitpiece on trump. Snowflake "journalist" crying about the government

*outragefag-transplants
Fixed that for you

>thread isn't about politics
The first sentence in the OP says political corruption.

The premise is that the times would welcome another Transmet. The fucking topic is Transmet.
Or it was before you crossboard wankers slinked in.

and now you know what its like if the comic is mentioned today, lol

You sack of shit. Look at this. Does this look like fucking Sup Forums to you? Are you fucking blind?

Truth

Thanks for being a perfect example.

Anything involving Transmet is inherently political.

Fuck off transplant.

Wait, I'm confused. Are you calling me a Sup Forumscrossboarder or a whiny anti/pol/ poster? I can't tell what you're complaining about.

It's political in its own universe, that's the point. You can talk about the premise, you can talk about the comic, you can talk about what topics would be explored and all the cool shit Spider would do. But what are you doing right now?

Right now, you are the fucking crossboarders in here bitching about trump this, trump that and how much Sup Forums is gonna cry about it and how Sup Forums will never accept the discussion. You're the fucking problem here mate. Get the fuck out.

You dredge up shit from Sup Forums and bitch about it in unrelated threads all the time. Antipol is just more Sup Forums. gtfo back there and stew in the shit you love so much.

>Right now, you are the fucking crossboarders

ahahaha. I've been here since before fucking Sup Forums is love! was a damn meme. Back when MADE IN A CAVE WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS got started.

Jesus fuck I've been coming here 10 years. I'm going to bed.

>It's political in its own universe
It's a commentary on Tony Blair. Tony Blair was a real politician.

I think one of the hillarious things is that in many ways, the future Transmet predicted is LESS fucked up than the future we have now.

We currently have the Beast, which makes me worry about the Smiller coming in the future.

Slowpoke here. What's up?

Come on Alinski. You should know better than that. Just because transmet is political doesn't mean you get a pass to post completely unrelated political garbage.

goddamn Sup Forums is awful

Next you're going to tell me all that wank about Thatcher in Hellblazer was based on a real person too! Keep politics out of Sup Forums!!!!111!

I'm not following you. You posted the thread was unrelated to politics and I corrected you by directing you the mention of politics in the OP. Are only other boards allowed to correct you?

>99032908
>99033316 (You)

Try again :)

you got some dudes mixed up

So what? It's not a name you see in the comic and the satire was mostly hypothetical and fantasy.
What makes it timeless is that politicians in general still act that way, and you can be sure as hell they do weirder shit than kill their own families in car "accidents" to get ahead. It'd be great to read a cyberpunk future with modern political influence, but direct quotation of current real life politicians would be a little too on the nose for it to become a classic like the original. It would have to stay far away from current issues, after all it'd be a cyberpunk future, not an alternate history.

Ellis can continue writing his own series? What experience does Lemire have with satire or politics anyway? A better modern day choice would be Mark Russell

>So what
So it's a shit comic. Tony was great as PM.

>butthurt newfag crossboarder gets btfo and acts cute
underage b&

Why are you going on about some fantasy and ideal writers you would have liked the remake to have had instead of Lemire?

Again so what? The thread's not about Tony.
Do you really hate Transmet that much? Why are you even here?

>Mark Russell
>modern
>implying that fossil can still write

Oh wait. I'm retarded. Got Transmetro and Invisibles mixed up. Ignore my Lemire posts.

>We currently have the Beast
No we don't. Trump is 100% Smiler.
He has the AESTHETICS of the Beast, but don't be confused.
The Beast was a primal ruler. His interest was in very basic things. He only cared about the bare minimum for survival and fuck anything else: "If 51 percent of people get a meal and 49 starve, I've done my job". He was pragmatic but that's it. He was like an animal in this way: animals don't care about enlightenment or rights or any of that stuff, just having at least enough of the pack to survive and that's it. Which may be good enough for animals, but the Beast was supposed to rule over people.

The Smiler is all about the image he presents. Where the Beast was slovenly like an animal might be, the Smiler cared about pushing an image of himself and his administration. That's Trump to a tee. Trump has always been about optics, it was his reality TV style, it was how he made deals in real estate, it was all presentation and gilding and transplants. People don't think it because Trump has a niche appeal, but that's what Trump is playing towards, at all times. And when he's not, then it's whoever is nearest to him, which is why his policy is always changing depending on who last spoke to him. This is especially clear with his reaction to journalism and the justice process- anything that hurts his optics, he publicly decries, pushing for his own image through Twitter and speeches by damaging the reputations- the image, the optics, this is how he sees the world, that is how he interacts with it- of others. It matters less to Trump that a wall isn't being paid for by Mexico than it does someone SAYING it won't be paid by Mexico.

The truth of the matter was that the 2016 election wasn't between the Smiler and the Beast. It was between two Smilers. It just so happened that one smiled with her teeth, and the other's "smile" came in the form of the image he presented AS a Beast.

I mostly disagree. It's very much a matter of authorial intent and skill. Transmet works even if you don't recognize the politicians mentioned at all. Something like the Modok trump, or Nigel Farrage in Mega City one by comparison wouldn't work nearly as well.

Only difference is that it means you're both being clueless retards.

makes me wanna reread the whole shit, was a rly great comic

It’s all good homie

>Make fun of group because they whine when made fun of
>WAAAAH STOP MAKING FUN OF US
You're right. It IS like clockwork.
Can dish it. Can't take it.

Just reread it you stupid shit. Why does everything need a creatively bankrupt adaptation? Why are they asking for shit shoveled into thier mouth?

lol, sounds like you want an alex jones comic.

Actually, can you imagine a comic depiction set in a world if EVERY SINGLE conspiracy theory he touts was true?

saved

The original transmetropolitan is still relevent to today's society, there's no reason to bring it back.

ITT. Triggered soyboys everywhere

What do you mean?