Since a lot of people here seem to hate her guts, how would you write her if you were in charge of the Simpsons?

Since a lot of people here seem to hate her guts, how would you write her if you were in charge of the Simpsons?

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/16/kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-highest-grossing-anime-film-ever/
animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like her though. She's the voice of reason in that house

Inb4 Clarissa subplot

Simpsons are rapidly becoming irrelevant.
It's about time to wrap it all up while audiences will still care enough to turn up in big numbers for the finale.

I would write her how the current world sees modern Simpsons writers. Despite all the academic accolades and prestige, most people see through her and are fully aware of the pretentious out of touch blowhard standing in front of them.

>if you were in charge of the Simpsons?
I would cancel the whole thing.

lisa golden age was a little girl with little girl problems, and it was a fantastic character.
they decided to turn her in a feminist messiah with boyfriend problems,etc.
simpsons lost their relevancy 18 years ago

Lisa was never a good character so I would write a story where she finally disappears up her own asshole.

i miss when lisa would get caught up in kid's stuff with bart. she was the voice of reason, even in the golden age ones, but you never lost the sense that she was still a kid. now she's some supergenius killjoy, it's unbearable

Give her cancer and kill her off

>still watching Simpsons 20 years after it was good

Bart has had the same problem for a long time
>gets a driver's license and runs away to Utah to marry his pregnant girlfriend
>has an emotional crisis because he's broken up with all of his girlfriends so he visits his (not really) ex who despite being 10 lives all alone in New York as a writer for SNL

Do what South Park's been doing for Kyle lately and have people just be exhausted and annoyed whenever she tries to preach at them. There would be more episodes where she's in the wrong and gets her comeuppance. Lisa can be salvaged if they made her less of a Mar Sue mouthpiece, and focused more on the bad parts of her attitude - make her flawed, but give her something to learn from.

Another problem is that she's been getting way, way too many episodes these past few seasons. To compensate, I'd tone down her presence in the following few seasons, and Maggie gets more screentime. We'll have Maggie subplots, Bart and Maggie team-ups, Marge and Maggie vs the other parents and babies, etc. Maggie's not that expressive, but I think she can be funnier than Lisa. Best of all, she can't talk.

Also also there would be a sequel to Jazzy and the Pussycats, where Stampy crushes Lisa's arm, and Lisa apologizes to Bart.

I keep hearing that Simpsons died after the movie came out but i honestly feel it was dead before that.
Does anyone really like the movie?

Her problem is the same as all the other character's problems but magnified moreso because of how she's handled.

i liked it, but i went into it with pretty low expectations. i think the thing that made it decent was the fact that you HAVE to go over a movie script over and over and over and i'm convinced the new writers just shit out whatever without a second thought for the newer eps so there's no refining. it's not old simpsons by any means, but i laughed a few times

How she was written in the first few seasons. She got flanderized into a libshit talking piece.

The show needs to return to the family, they keep thinking they need to jump the shark and do stupid shit. It feels so mass produced and awful now.

say (through some miracle, maybe one of us got a genie or something) the next season was somehow great. golden age tier writing, solid jokes, great delivery, would we even be able to enjoy it now? would it be tainted by years and years of bad episodes?

How many time have they already used the "Bart is getting married" plot?

It's not season 1 anymore, user. It's time to let go.

>Also also there would be a sequel to Jazzy and the Pussycats, where Stampy crushes Lisa's arm, and Lisa apologizes to Bart.
What? Bart's arm getting bitten by that tiger was an accident, he didn't have to give away his surgery money at the end.

I miss when Lisa was a young girl instead of a fucking obnoxious mouthpiece. And I don't mean classic episodes like Lisa the Vegetarian, I mean shit like getting mad at Bart and getting a restraining order on him, or blaming him for getting bitten by a tiger.

I wouldn't say I hate her, but of all the Simpsons I have in fact the least contempt for Lisa

it's just that they're all so very contemptible that it's a worthless metric

what's your problem with academics, frond

some elbow-patch wearing college boy steal yr gurl before that gut came in or what

I wouldn't touch any political and social commentary, just have her be audience surrogate frustrated by apolitical antics of other characters.

>little girl problems
>Mr Lisa Goes to Washington

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the rot set in before season 3

The show had been in decline for a while before the film came out, but I think for a lot of people it was the symbolic moment when the Simpsons stopped having any real cultural significance/ran out of things to say.
I don't particularly dislike it, but it really comes across as just an extended episode and its probably the point where I decided to walk away from the series.

One reason she fails is that she is endemic today of what ‘socially conscious’ writers fall into. Instead of trying to send a message while writing a story they write a message and don’t even bother to write a story.

It was Lisa's tiger, and she didn't get any comeuppance or punishment for the episode despite getting Bart into that situation. In fact, she was rewarded in the end.

He didn't have to give the money, but he still made a major sacrifice and gave up something he love, something that made him successful and improved his life, all because Lisa was sad. And this was after she spent a lot of the episode being bitter about his success.

Lisa basically ruined Bart's life (again), and he bent over backwards to make her happy (again.) And I seriously hate how Lisa almost always gets what she wants as of late.

That was the episode I dropped The Simpsons. At that point I didn't follow the show every week as I used to but I still watch it ocassionally. But crippling Bart because Lisa felt overshadowed on her hobby was beyond fucked up.

Remember when Lisa tried to fuck up her baby sister's education because she felt threatened by her?
And then when she got called out by Marge she ran away from home?

She gets raped and impregnated and has to live with the knowledge her future is forever ruined and she'll never be able to go to college anymore and she ends up being a piece of shit trailer trash single mother who resents her kid and works at Krusty Burger while Bart gets the chance to go to college since Homer and Marge have saved up for Lisa and Bart turns into a normal member of society.

the biggest mistake the show has made is not allowing the characters to age. It opens you up a lot more avenues and you can feel the show painfully scraping against this problem with a lot of the modern simpsons plots.

This is why I hate the most with Lisa, she is jealous and often try to ruin other people life because of that, it's one of her flaw but eveytime that happen they want you to feel bad for her not her victim.

you're a fucking idiot. you could have just said something like she gets into drugs and becomes a burn out but no, it's always the same fucking broken record with you edge lords.

get therapy, fuck a prostitute or be funnier, pick one, I don't really care but fucking do something different because there's no way this is working out for you.

Sounds like his comment hit a little too close to home for you

It's not that I hate her guts, it's that I hate how she's been written for the past 20 years. Lisa was a great character in the earlier seasons, but sometime around 9 or 10 they just made her fucking insufferable, and based on the episodes I've seen, it hasn't gotten better.

To answer the question, I would just write her like how they used to, she's still smart and the voice of reason within the household, but she's falliable at the end of the day and still a kid.

The movie was good, but I feel it was overhyped and at a certain point in time was pretty overrated.

Rmemeber that time bart had a talent that he could actually be someting other than a trouble maker and lisa tried to sabotage that?

Like that episode Lisa's Rival.

Lisa can be smart and liberal and a vegan Buddhist and everything, but she can't be infallible and right all the time.

the...time he was high as shit all the time?

We were expected to take lisa side when bart was shown to be a better drummer than she was on the saxaphone

just fucking jaded with the edgelord faggotry.

oh wow, you mentioned rape, how fucking novel.

every other thread with this shit, no wit, no spin, not even good bait.

Just rape. It's mindnumbingly lame.

Bart instantly learning to play the drum and later becoming an artist on Barthood while Homer won a Grammy made me think that Lisa is actually a mediocre talent in spite everybody say how special she is

holy shit, that's horrific.

Worst part is that it'd be in-character for Lisa to abort that rape baby and feel empowered for it so it wouldn't ruin her life. Hell, she'll get a scholarship thanks to guest star Oprah after posting her story on tumblr and blame Homer and/or Bart for some reason, both end apologizing

>Sneed-Ai (Formerly Chuck-Ai)

A Chuck falls in love with a Sneed.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the man's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the male, he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the boy he called is not the same boy he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the bear's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the male's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of FEEDS and SEEDS.

FINDS

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

Threadly reminder that it has been made into a wiki, a fanfic, a fictionpress story, a manga, a meme, a TV tropes entry, an anime preview, an anime episode, an honest-to-goodness anime movie that's Oscar considered, and a critically acclaimed box office success that's the highest grossing anime film of all time and approved by Shinzo Abe and Cool Japan, so stop talking about it.

keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/16/kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-highest-grossing-anime-film-ever/
animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com/

Have her be someone who wants to learn proper progressive ideals and morals via literature, not a pseudo-progressive liberal mouthpiece for the writers.

I mean come on, did you see the Elon Musk episode? I like having Lisa as a tree-hugger who also believes in fairness in the workplace, but Musk of all people? The guy has done nothing but take credit for the work of the employees he underpays, overworks, all while simultaneously trying to dismantle the worker unions in his factory. Modern-day Lisa actually called him a "misunderstood genius", even though classic Lisa would call him a phony for just being a rich hack who perverted science and space exploration with his lust for profit.

In the way I'd write her, she'd make some mistakes and be a bit unintentionally ignorant at times because she needs to be a human character with flaws, but she would still seek to improve on those mistakes and gain wisdom from her experiences, the people she meets, and the books she read.

Sack Keit-Ai.

>Koe no Katachi announcement = sticky
>Code Geass announcement = sticky
>Panty & Stocking announcement = sticky
>Full Metal Panic announcement = sticky
>Keit-ai becomes highest grossing anime film OF ALL TIME = no sticky

wtf mods?

I feel like there's a sunk costs thing involved since it's been on the air and part of American television culture for so long. No one wants to be "the guy who canceled the Simpsons," so it's going to keep going until someone in the main cast dies.

That was great satire fuck you

not really little girl problems tho

she was a whiny entitled little shit right there and then

he was high as shit all the time and he's 10

>not really little girl problems tho
Oh, I see. Ok, but I don't think the plot would have the same bite if Marge got disillusioned by the corrupt senator.

Change her back to being a (almost) child genius who took an interesting activism from a child's point of view.

And not "Hey, I'm 16, PMSing over the boy that doesn't like me so you all suck"

Have her raped by Krusty then killed off.
/thread

the Lisa episode that really made me realize she was a piece of shit with no possible redemption was that episode when she got a new friend who was exactly as manipulative as her, in the final part she asked homer to stop being firends with her new friend's dad, she even started crying like a bitch, I thought homer was going to tell her to stop being such a shit person and solve her problems with her friend, but instead she told lisa's friend she was a little entitled bitch and didn't deserve to be friends with Lisa.
that was the last simpsons episode I ever watched and I'm not planing to watch a single one anymore and avoid it like a plague.
tldr: Lisa Simpson is cancer

Make an episode where Professor Frink mind-swaps Lisa into Bart's body, and she has to see first hand how shitty it is to be a young male in today's western society.

already happened. something something Lisa manages to separate the school into one side being for males only and the other females only, she thinks is awesome until she finds out the girl only are teached home economics and read books like twilight while males have to take mathematics, science and all the "hard" stuff. she dress like a boy and goes to the males side but it's forced to do males stuff like fighting, being gross and bullying others, in the end status quo saves the day

oh shoot I'm just now learning about the PSG announcement that's sweet
>On November 25, 2016, the official Twitter account for Gainax West posted an announcement teaser image featuring silhouettes of Panty and Stocking with the words "Comming [sic] Soon". An announcement for "something new with Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt" will be made on December 16, 2016, which Gainax West states will not be a pachinko, pachislot, social network game or Blu-ray.[16][17]

maybe this is how we should fix lisa? shove her head so far up her butt it comes out the other side and she becomes funny

oh wait it's just a fucking maid cafe

Precocious overachiever that lacks wisdom.

She gets skipped up a grades to be in bart's class. Where she embarrasses Bart and has am academic rivalry with Martin. She often tries to butt in on adult matters, but her lack of experience has her often wrong in the end.

The animation would still suck, and the more negative of us would stick to that like glue.

Make her act like a smart-ass child like she's supposed to act.
She gets written like an irritating uni-student who I punch on campus

I honestly think that's part of the problem. When you have a completely straight man in a cast of goofballs, you either have to make them a goof or make them the fun-hating villain.

Futurama chose the former for Hermes and Leela by giving them obsessions or personal problems to distract them. The Simpsons chose the latter for Lisa. It'd be more acceptable if they called her out on it occasionally like Family Guy does with Brian, but she's a kid and the atmosphere is wrong for that.

They could make her angry instead of whiny, like South Park does with Kyle (who's not afraid to mess cartman up, but Lisa is too much of a pacifist to do anything).

They writers are in a corner. They need to make a drastic change to either Lisa or the show's atmosphere, but that would mean admitting they've been wrong for almost a decade.

Either stop including Lisa in the plots, or just cancel the show.

>tl;dr Lisa is holding the show back, cancel The Simpsons, bring back Clerks Animated and Clone High

Make her a smarter than average 8 year old girl like in seasons 1-3 instead of a 18_24 year old liberal mouthpiece super genius

That happened already didn't it?
Bart got sent back to 3rd grade and dominated it because he'd done it before, and Lisa got promoted to 4th because of good grades but couldn't actually keep up with her 4th grade assignments.

Politically neutral and only sane person.

It happens a lot.
Lisa's one consistent character flaw is that she completely loses her shit whenever she's challenged in any way.

Anyone who hates lisa is a god-damned moron. She makes the engine of some of the best episodes work. It's her flaws that make her fun and funny, and without her the goofy characters wouldn't get to be as funny. Only children under 10 and idiots like Ted Cruz would hate Lisa.

>how would you write her if you were in charge of the Simpsons?
My thoughts;

>Yeardly Smith is fired, Lisa is from now on voiced by someone on the show who does more than one voice(similarly it might be time to recast Marge)
>in the first episode of the new season Lisa suffers from some form of head trauma, and has partial amnesia as a result
>Lisa still remembers most things about her family, and retains most of her academic and musical knowledge, but experiences a near total wipe when it comes to matters of personal philosophy or political leanings(or memories relating to them)
>indeed the New Lisa is very rapidly shown to find the Old Lisa's beliefs in almost every area to be distasteful and/or idiotic
>this includes a montage showing among other things her eating meat, practicing Christianity, and engaging in feminine activities
>New Lisa very swiftly becomes popular at school
>this does not get undone at the end of the episode and is in fact the new status quo

I know you're joking, but you raise up a good point. Using Lisa's flaws make for good stories. Like the one where she became student body president, and Skinner used her ego to manipulate her. She's become such an annoying, over-exposed, glorified mouthpiece, but the character itself is salvageable with the right writing.

This would be a permanent change.

Ralph Wiggum goes to 3rd grade. Held back a year.

Nelson becomes a 5th grader and back to being Bart's bully. The other bullies are middle schoolers now. Their school is behind the elementary.

Honestly that is one of my most disliked episodes cause it has some of the most fucking blatant "status quo is God" writing of the entire series(I'm a firm believer that if you aren't going to have a change in an episode stick, you shouldn't write it in the first place)

>recasting the Simpsons while the cast members are still alive
Would not go over well.

Lisa was a one dimensional but now that the series progressed they had a chance to add to her but instead they Flanderize her victim complex.

why?

i would make her **** more visible

based