>Kid characters are chill while the adults are mean
>”Man I’m never gonna turn into a mean adult!”
>Watch kids movies as an adult
>Relate to the mean adult character more

Explain this.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Growing up with cynicism, like sympathizing with Squidward.

Kids are brats.

Mr krupp is bitter and lonely like you and other mean adults

I never thought of the adults of most cartoons as unreasonable. The capt underpants movie was bad though, felt like an endless string of 12 minute episodes.

Can confirm. Am bitter and lonely

... I'm not bitter

Childhood is idolizing Billy

Adulthood is realizing Sivana makes more sense...

Harold is gay

d-damn...

what an asshole

>Implying Gen Z didn't turn us all into grumpy adults

A lot of the "mean" things adults do are for the kids' own benefit, even if they don't realize it.

Like an 8 year old might think it's mean and unfair that they have to be in bed by 9 while mom and dad stay up watching late night movies. They don't realize that there are plenty of perfectly valid reasons, including growing children needing plenty of sleep, mom and dad wanting some "alone time" after working all day, late night movies not being suitable for children, etc.

And adults being grumpy becomes less irrational "bad guy behavior" when you have a better perspective from the adult's point of view. As a kid, those cartoon kids might seem great since they're clever and cool and go on adventures and whatnot, and the parents only exist to act as obstacles and fun police, but they don't realize that daddy simply can't put up with your smartass ADHD bullshit after he just got home from a shit day at work and just needs you to shut up and do as you're told while he has a beer and tries to unwind a bit.

What is disturbing about reading those passages is that it makes no attempt to understand the fact that existential issues may not actually be why someone is pissed off at racouous behaviour

Children are still blissfully unaware of how taxing and depressing adult responsibilities and the stress over life, career, bills etc is, so they can't understand why someone would be tired and stressed and want things to be quiet, or why someone would get upset at things getting broken or ruined.

Kids live in a world where things that are or they just appear. There's houses, windows, objects, they just appear from somewhere. Food manifests in the fridge. They never have to think about someone having to work many hours to get the money to pay for those things, so they don't understand why someone would get angry at something being ruined - the only answer is that that person is "mean".

Then when you're older, you understand the adult characters better.

how many shows have the kids try to be adults (or what they think adults do) and realize how hard it is?

bonus if they didn't spend the episode doing adult leisure stuff like staying up late.

Where does Codename Kids Next Door fit into this?

There ARE such things as mean adults though, who are cunts for no reason, or because they like the rush of being able to bully someone who can't fight back and get away with it because they're the adult and clearly they know better.

When I was in 5th grade there was a teacher that absolutely hated when I drew stuff. I don't know what her fucking deal was, but for some reason she expected a kid not to doodle in the margins of his notebook, like I was going to hand in my shit as a college paper or something. To get around this I'd doodle but hide it whenever she came around. It eventually came to a head one day during lunch where I had my papers out drawing on them as usual because I had spare time after finishing my lunch, and she came around. I instinctively covered the drawings with my hand and she flipped out and said "You're not gonna fool me, user!" and ripped the pages out of the notebook and put them in her desk. Eventually I just went to the principal and she mellowed out because fuck dealing with that shit in 5th grade.

I've found myself identifying with Mr. Boss when he says that he doesn't hate children. He hates other peoples children.

I have always hated children though, when I was a kid I just hated myself too.

this one smells like projection

I was expecting a story about a mean adult. This is just about a teacher doing their job. Get over it faggot.

ITT: 20 year old "adults" talking about how old and jaded they are thanks to the hard lives they've led

Pilkey totally lost his chill in the last few books.

>It's okay for teachers to treat kids like they're in a Siberian gulag

Ivan pls

what kind of horrible ass teachers did you have as a kid that you think of that as being normal?

You are aware half that demographic already has a job, is married and likely even have children, right?

I work in schools, and I can confirm a large amount of female teachers that are single tend to take out their frustrations on male students. It's like their twisted way of getting back at any men who have scorned them in the past.

Can confirm, I do this to my brothers.

"Mean" doesn't equal not letting you have your way or pretend you're right. Fuck off with that.

>student drawing in free time
>teacher seeks and destroys
>this is her doing her job
????

Fucking normalfags

I have no idea what people without reading comprehension are doing on a board about comics.

yeah idunno. i mean he clearly just wants to parrot what kids are thinking by saying that adults are just poopoo headed grouches. id just say that although some adults are certainly asses, others are trying to help you and probably know whats best for you more than you do (if youre a kid dicking around in the middle of class)

misread it. I thought it happened during class. my bad

has hartman seen this? hed probably love it

Dunno. It was made shortly after the reveal that the western movie would have Light's last name be Turner instead of Yagami.
Really well-written, too, I usually sing along in my head while reading it.

>Andy Kluthe

Also, didn't Light only work with Japanese prisoners before L intervened?

I just noticed he's wearing the same clothes as Peter Griffin but with a tie.

Jesus, Dav didn’t hold back here.

You're probably a cunt.

Let me lick you to confirm

Turning 20 was great because I felt like I could finally hate teenagers without being a hypocrite.

Life's tough, living right isn't that fun and kids don't know that yet. That being said, some adults are just cunts and it's exactly like Dav describes in these three pages
There's a big difference between having kids do what's right for them even though they may not like it, and just being a no-fun allowed douche. Being able to see that is one of the things that seperates good parents/teachers/principals/whatever from bad ones.

He's talking about the parents who pre-emptively assume something stupid is about to happen when kids are whooping and hollering out of the blue.

And he's not wrong. Like 50% of the time, something stupid IS about to happen, at least from my experience taking care of my nephews/nieces.

But stupid things happening is part of being a kid. Just a matter of keeping it from going full retard.

In my experience you're more likely to witness something stupid happening when the kids are quiet. When they're hollering and making noise I can usually count on them following the rules.

But being Squidward is suffering. Especially in the later seasons, where there are episodes dedicated just to making him miserable.

>the kid reading the book in-universe pretending to be sad
fucking gold

i singed along with this

Did Krupp call anybody "bub" the whole movie? I don't think I heard it once but I kept waiting for it.

Wait so a kid drawing in their free time is just them doing their job?! Jesus fucking christ user so I guess someone has to be 18 to practice and perfect their hobby, huh? I want you to step back and listen to yourself you old leather spirit-crushing shoe.

*so stopping a kid drawing
Fucking typo.

You are the reason why adults are seen as irrational fun squashing assholes. Kid user was drawing, not causing trouble or anything!! That teacher was a bitch but you are a bitch so you will obviously side with the bitch. I feel bad for your children or future children. Please don’t breed or interact with children because you obviously hate them.

He has and he absolutely loves it. It did a youtube video about some Fairly Odd Parents anime openingparodies.

You see, kids are cruel.

>Implying you're replying to an adult

I remember I had this ABSOLUTE WHOREBITCH of a teacher named Ms. Gaudy or some shit. After she brutally picked on ONLY my shy friend and almost got her suspended for laughing too loud in class I decided I had to do something. I made a bunch of really good, hard, paper bullets and a got a strong rubber band to shoot them with. I test one out and it goes at least 100 feet with ease. The next day I go to class and sit in the back, once the bitch is off guard I load, aim, and fire. It hits her hard right in the fucking eye. She screamed and yelled at the class to know who shot it. Nobody saw me shooting anything so I’m off the hook. Revenge is sweet.

>Explain this.
Well for shit like "The Secret Garden" it because the gravity of making a little crippled boy sicker by dragging him around outside in the cold moist English winter dawns on you.
Kids believe in fucking magic and don't comprehend the consequences of most things, like Krupp easily could have lost his job if vandalism, and in some instances, bullying, got too ouit of hand at their elementary school.

Doodling in conjunction with note taking actually helps kids memorize lectures.

underaged detected

That took place 10 years ago user.

That's when MAXIMUM stupid is happening.

Normal stupid is during the hollering ( ie: one kid smacking another or something, impulsive actions )

MAXIMUM stupid is in silence ( ie: drawing on the walls/ cutting their own hair/ things they know they'll get in trouble for )

Why is he wearing Peter Griffin's clothes?

Reminder this place is 14/15 years old.
And you have wasted countless hours in that decade and a half here.
And that you will never be free

Damn.

I could go for a Captain Underpants storytime

There's a time and a place to have fun, which is usually after everything is done. I want kids to go out and play in the neighborhoods and be nice and loud. Go around in forests and beat each other with sticks. Set them free, because next thing you know it slowly fades away, into a sad existence of working and browsing Sup Forums everyday until you die.

I suddenly understand every bitchy female teacher, colleague, and "Superior" I've ever had to deal with. And every shit gf I had to go through to find a decent one.

Sometimes, I think it's also... You know what they say about short men with tiny dicks? It's bullshit, but imagine that's true, and then imagine an even shorter man whose dick is negative five inches long. Instead of fucking things, it can only get fucked by things. Imagine what unresolved issues and feelings of impotence would result in such a gender-confused being. Now give her power over a classroom of disinterested pampered female students and far more male students with varying personalities, all with brighter futures than that bitch.

I came here last year.

CANNOT UNSEE

They're all reading it. They want the happy kid to shut up so the teacher doesn't get mad. Image comprehension.

>Go around in forests and beat each other with sticks. Set them free, because next thing you know it slowly fades away, into a sad existence of working and browsing Sup Forums everyday until you die
Or go join a LARP group with other adults and hit people with advanced sticks

"This is worse than that time some guy in underpants stole my clothes and became a principal!"

I wish I could die on my own free will.

Grouchy adults: “hey you kids, stop that!! You’re being loud in a public place and that’s disrespectful for some reason!” “Git off mah property! (Kids are in the fucking street)” “Shtap playing in the woods, you’re not old enough and you could get hurt!!!” “STOP HAVING FUN!!!”
Also grouchy adults: Why aren’t there any kids outside?!?!?! My generation was so much better.

>then the kids turned gay and fucked
Pseudo intellectualism at it's finest.

Does he deserve his suffering?

Go back and watch shows like Fillmore or Kids Next Door. It'll make you remember a fair representation of the maturity kids can both have and not have simultaneously by how ludicrous the situations are.

Is Sarah, Plain and Tall a real book?

growing up

In a situation where kids are fucking around there's a difference between keeping things under control/respectful and being a no fun allowed douchebag. He's spotlighting the latter. It doesn't just happen in school. There are people who genuinely "hate kids" and find anything they do annoying.

As a kid you're constantly bored and constantly being told what to do.
Seeing characters who have found ways to both entertain while screwing over the people trying to control them is the ultimate form of escapism.
As an adult you have the complete opposite problem- no time for doing what you want to do and way too much responsibility so the kid-fantasy just ends up looking really selfish.

The real question is who are the adults who come up with this stuff? Did they just never grow up or did they become extremely resentful of the fact that they were becoming the people the used to hate?

There's erotic fiction of the same name on ASSTR about a girl who is freakishly large and falls in love with a shy boy that has megalophallus.

Piley strikes me as the kind of guy who would rather be the cool teacher than the responsible adult most kids actually need.

>Kids Next Door
>fair representation of the maturity kids can both have and not have simultaneously

Most of that shit was pretty one-sided and painted kids as morally superior/more competent than most adults

I sympathized with squidward back then, it makes no sense for him to sufferall the time. Just end spongebob's life

You can be cool and responsible. You can have fun but also have kids respect you. There's a balance.

In my high school the "cool" young teacher teacher that tried to be cool ended up looking like a huge douchebag and no one particularly liked him.The young teacher who was chill but didn't try to force it was way more respected and liked.

>making a little crippled boy sicker by dragging him around outside in the cold moist English winter

The point of that whole book was that his muscles were atrophying from being forced to stay in bed his entire damn life for no good reason and he desperately needed rehabilitation exercise. He wasn’t even crippled or sick to begin with, that whole diagnosis was assumed without firm backing and it was the backwards prescribed treatment that was making him so weak.

you grew up wrong. i still relate to the kid characters. of course i've never changed from the fun seeking mischief maker i was as a child. i just got waay better at not getting caught.

My brother and his friends were buddies with a 'cool teacher' in high school who would let them skip class and leave campus during his class and I was really jealous at the time. Years later though it's just sad seeing a 40+ year old guy try to pal around with highschoolers.
When you're a kid it's really cool to be respected by an adult but when you get older you just realize that those adults are just extremely immature.

In Squidward's case he's stuck working a horrible job with a greedy boss and a complete retard who can't take the hint he just wants to be left alone most the time. Also doesn't help said retard is his neighbor who has an even dumber friend both of whom bother him frequently while he's off work.

They weren't being respected by their teacher though. They were being fucked over by him likely in the long run if it was an important class. You can be a mentor figure that kids/teens look up to and hang out with (appropriately) without being someone desperate for their approval.

Are you still butthurt over the simple fact that some kids turn out to be gay?

Yeah I had a science teacher who was cool as fuck but still demanded respect- it was the best of both worlds.
Pilkey though seems like the kind of teacher that would let kids do whatever they wanted in class, lose control and just end up wasting everyone's time.

I'd imagine that Gays are the ones who are butthurt.

If it hurt they wouldn't keep doing it faggot.

was he ever wrong?

My instincts tell me that life shouldn't be so horrible.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS