What the fuck happened?

Is Homestuck the most glaring example of an author completely dropping the ball and not caring anymore about his creation midways through it?

The Simpsons is.

Homestuck is the best comics-related example, though.

What happened to the MSPA forums?

What's wierd is you can almost pinpoint the exact moment Hussie stopped goving a single fuck, and it's right when the B2 kids started being the focus.

From that point on, the fanbase is writing the plot, and he's just steering it into whichever narrative is easiest to get over and done with

People keep saying the trolls are what fucked up the comic, but I've always disagreed

It all started after Lord English emerged from the sarcophagus

How to fix Homestuck:

Give heavy focus on Eridan and Vriska doing retarded shit
These two characters don't exist and it was Karkat roleplaying as a /r9k/ reject and a huge bitch for massive (You)s when his friends ask him for advice

No. It's an example of an increasingly cancerous fanbase drowning in their own cancer.

keep in mind you're on Sup Forums's own /tumblr/ board, so most won't agree.

What happened to the dinnosaur comics?

You kinda answered your own question. Yes. The end of HS was rushed and poorly executed, no character developement, nno explanations, nothing. Last animations and pages were good drawn, but that's all.

Trolls are the start of things going to shit

they took them down before returning from the final hiatus, because they knew it was going to be a shitshow otherwise. they literally killed their own community.

Is easily the worst ending I ever saw, the black hole is destroying everything but no one give a fuck, most characters arcs were not finished, the human protagonists did nothing significants while the trolls saved the universe, we don't know what happened to lord english

The trolls are what brought in the shitty fanbase, which is what led to the downfall.

every homestuck thread we have is nothing but people bitching about tumblr ruining the comic, can you stop with the persecution complex?

What did he mean by this?

Tumblr fucking ruined the comic, user

yes i know, that's why every thread is filled with complaints about it

Okay, then let's talk how John self-insert assholes are worse than Karkat self-insert cucklords

LE factoids
Later I might open the tumblr question box dealie for like ten minutes, let about a thousand silly questions flood in, then shut it off and answer a few. But for now I might as well address a few points of curiosity preemptively on the latest animation, and LE in general.
Everything here’s based on some general line of inquiry I’ve seen posted elsewhere more than once.
Where is this happening? Where is Scratch’s wrecked apartment floating? It’s free-floating debris from the two universes destroyed, which now comprise the green sun. That floating hunk of building is suspended, and temporarily preserved in, let’s call it a small pocket of green-hot spacetime soup inside the sun. Chronologically, this little pocket of space is very near the final dying moment of the troll universe, where LE makes his entrance. He then goes back in time to fuck shit up throughout the history of that universe, as has been described many times. That is why he was always “already there.” It is also because, as it turns out, he was lurking dormant in Scratch’s puppet-host body the whole time. Doc always did claim to be excellent host.

I used to like John before he became the face of thirsty ass neet Reddit boys.

I never got people who self-inserted onto karkat? who see the self loathing, unhappy creature that he is and goes "I wanna be like him"?

People with taste

It's partly that he stopped caring, but the main issue is that he became too focused on the fans. Specifically, he became too focused on subverting and double-subverting their expectations. Everything in the comic became driven by Hussy's drive to surprise, anger, or spite the fans. If he had focused on just telling a self-contained solid story then Homestuck would have gone very differently and might actually have been good, with a proper ending.

I agree unreservedly with everything in that paragraph.

More like trying to pander to the tumblr fanbase that happened because of the trolls. Tons of shitty new useless characters and awful teen drama.

>the fanbase is writing the plot
Isn't that like... the whole point of an MSPaint Adventure?

>includes more trolls because of fans
>removes race jokes because of fans
>rewrites Bro into a villain because of fans
>forces rosemary because of fans
>makes binary "good fan" and "bad fan" characters

Brainlet

He fulfilled all of those while at the same time subverting them

He wrote the 'good fan' as a boring, cringey plot device while depicting the 'bad fan' as interesting and charismatic

but he hated sjws before hating sjws was cool

while this was happening on the "creative" side of of thing the whole kickstater debacle forced hussie to spread himself too thin. and then came the introductions and revision by other writers,
cohen and shelby in particular

sure he did, buddy. totally intentional.
which is why caliborn is dead and calliope is bumping uglys with roxy

>Problem Sleuth
>A gag comic where half the goddamn comic was the final boss fight for shits and giggles is still better than Homestuck
it's not fair

I'm not talking about sjws, i'm talking about tumblr fujos.

delete your discord

Apparently it was just hacked but they dont care bringing it up

Caliborn sometimes felt like his own self insert on how he fucked things up in the story and how his fans negative reactions made him feel insecure

Christ, that screencap is spot-on.

rosemary was such a fucking disappointment

The mistake was where PS built up the boss, making him more and more monstrous and ridiculous as an insurmountable force to overcome, Homestuck spends half the comic lovingly building up Bec Noir only to pull the rug out from under the reader and rub LE in the faces of the readers as the 'true' bad guy. What sucks is even the comic itself admits through Dave that there's no actual reason why the fuck anyone should care about LE being a threat since any victimization caused by him to the protagonists are so separated he doesn't even seem culpable.