THE LION KING Live-Action Remake

I'm part of the production team.

The movie is overall faithful to the original. The main difference is that there is a message of equality about the lions and hyenas. The lions rule over the hyenas as part of the “circle of life” and are kinda’ dickish about it until Simba changes their ways.

Scar is a tragic villain. He is indirectly responsible for the death of his and Mufasa’s father in a stampede when they were cubs, and Mufasa and Pride Rock resent him for it. Scar plans to earn their respect by luring Simba into the stampede in order to save him, but Mufasa intervenes and saves Simba himself. When Mufasa finds out Scar purposefully endangered Simba’s life, he announces he’ll exile Scar. In a fit of rage, Scar attacks Mufasa and accidentally pushes him over the edge into the stampede, and doesn’t save him when Mufasa calls out for it.

Simba thinks it’s his fault that Mufasa died. Fearful that Simba might expose him, Scar terrorizes him into running away. Scar is then crowned king. He is reluctant at first, but slowly goes mad with power and subjects Pride Rock to a tyrannical rule. “Be Prepared” is replaced by a new song called “Heavy is the Crown”.

Nala has a larger role. She sets out to find Simba once it is discovered that he is alive, and is chased by the hyenas, but manages to outsmart them. Once she finds Simba, they realize their feelings for each other, but part ways when Simba refuses to come back to Pride Rock.

Simba later changes his mind and, while looking for Nala, they’re attacked by human poachers and nearly killed. This is what makes Simba realize lions are to other species what hyenas are to them, and that they should treat the hyenas better. It's also an excuse to call this movie "live-action".

Scar’s death is also different. He is abandoned by the hyenas whom he terrorizes once Simba offers them equality, and attacks Simba, leading to a fight near another stampede. Scar ends up in the same position as Mufasa once was, and Simba resolves to save him, but Scar refuses to help and ends up falling to his death.

Timon and Pumbaa are pretty much the same, but instead of being exiled for awful flatulence, Pumbaa gets kicked out because he’s clumsy and prone to destruction.

Overall the songs are: “The Circle of Life”, “I Can’t Wait to be King”, “Hakuna Matata”, “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”, “Heavy is the Crown” (replacing “Be Prepared”), “Secret in the Stars” (new Nala song – I mean, it’s Beyoncé) and a new final credits song titled, wait for it, “The Lion King”.

just, WHY in the FUCK would you make a live action version? I don't fucking get it. It's gonna look shit no matter what.

>Scar plans to earn their respect by luring Simba into the stampede in order to save him
okay
>Scar purposefully endangered Simba’s life, he announces he’ll exile Scar. In a fit of rage, Scar attacks Mufasa and accidentally pushes him over the edge into the stampede, and doesn’t save him when Mufasa calls out for it.
starting to go wrong here
>Simba thinks it’s his fault that Mufasa died.
LITERALLY HOW COULD THIS BE HIS FUCKING FAULT WHAT DID HE DO WHAT THE FUCK THE PLOT IS RUINED REEEEEEE

$$$

Sounds like shit. Hope you're proud of being part of this shitshow.

why the fuck would they replace be prepared

>I'm part of the production team.
Please kill as many of your fellow Hollywood cocksuckers as possible, and then yourself.

Because Scar is not supposed to be 2-dimensional in this version.

Scar probably makes Simba think that he caused the stampede, like in the animated movie.

Is anyone surprised the kike cucks with the SJW divershitty agenda are modifying the current propaganda film to promote egalitarian lies and "equality?" Lions and hyenas are not equal, no more than a 6ft 5 250 lb athlete with an 8 digit bank account is equal to a 400 lb basement dwelling neckbeard faggot. But libtards want you to believe they are the same, or if it's a nigger affleete, he is even "more equal" and more deserving and "more oppressed." Fuck Disney.

>“Be Prepared” is replaced by a new song called “Heavy is the Crown”.
Whelp, this might be legit then.>Simba later changes his mind and, while looking for Nala, they’re attacked by human poachers and nearly killed. This is what makes Simba realize lions are to other species what hyenas are to them, and that they should treat the hyenas better. It's also an excuse to call this movie "live-action".
>
HAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHA
SALT

I don't give a fuck, it's an iconic song

My Dad works at Nintendo.

It's just not Scar anymore. Scar is a petty, manipulative, bitter character who prides himself in his deviousness. It's not "2-D," it's just not sympathetic.

He was never "two-dimensional" unless you're talking about the hand-drawn animation vs. cgi.

Why is Shenzi the only hyena? Where the fuck are Banzai and Ed?

>Scar is a tragic villain.
I'm not okay with these parts

>It's faithful to the movie
>Except for all the major parts that aren't
Granted if I have to be honest (and making the large assumption any of this is true) it actually sounds like it has a lot of decent ideas thrown in.

That said every other live action re-imagining has been shit, so I have no reason to believe why this one won't be as well.

This enrages me. How hard is Disney gonna shill it in here?

>>>Equality with Hyenas

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES.

>Scar refuses to help
>equality
Lion King 2?

>>>humans in Lion king

EVEN FURTHER INTO THE TRASH

>WHY in the FUCK would you make a live action version?
Maybe because The Jungle Book did well, Beauty & the Beast did well, Maleficent did well, Sleeping Beauty did well, and Alice in Wonderland (the first one) did well? It's guaranteed money with an established IP and minimal effort required.

Hyenas are cute

>faithful to the original.
>changes everything about
pick one

Real Hyenas sure. But not in this story where they represent the lesser people who must be kept out in order to maintain national order

So caste system?

A caste system implies they have a lesser plave. There are those who deserve no home but a distant country or a ditch

Well that's too bad for you, now isn't it? Honestly I'm okay with changing the song, Be Prepared is an alright song but it's incredibly over the top and doesn't really speak to the realistic take on the "brother accidentally kills brother and devolves into madness" scenario that the remake is giving us.

yeah, no

>hyenas
>cute

>The movie is overall faithful to the original.
Sweet, a live action Kimba the White Lion movie.

>mind and, while looking for Nala, they’re attacked by human poachers and nearly killed. This is what makes Simba realize lions are to other species what hyenas are to them, and that they should treat the hyenas better. It's also an excuse to call this movie "live-action".
Terrible.

>the "villain" is a victim of toxic masculinity
>hero saves the day by unilaterally dispensing equal rights
Can you feel the Social Justice tonight?

>All villains have to “sympathetic”
Yawn.

Seriously, this is fucking terrible and will just bring down be huge comeback Simba has facing Scar now. Now Simba and Scar are nothing compared to poachers.

Can you feel the reach tonight?

>a new song called “Heavy is the Crown”.
So going full Shakespeare?

>the "villain" is a victim of toxic masculinity
How did you get that impression?

>Changing the best part of the movie

>Scar is a tragic villain
>but they make a whole different backstory instead of making him bitter for being his dad's unfavorite since he was weaker than Mufasa and finding allies in the similarly downtrodden hyenas
His name before Scar was 'Trash' so that could have been an interesting instead of a generic misunderstanding and mistake plot.

This sounds like a disaster. Also,

>live action

The fuck. Is there a single human character in The Lion King? Your film is not 'live action' if it's a bunch of CGI lions singing at each other.

But muh racebait equality message!!!!

SeeThey added Poachers so they could say it’s live-action.

>Recast Scar

>think this is an elaborate shitpost
>find it pretty funny
>read the rest of the posts in the thread
>Google "Live Action Lion King" nervously
>it's real

because in order to run for the oscars of best song they need to compose new songs, since they don't accept new versions of old ones

But, the animals aren't equal. That's the entire point of the circle of life. Someone has to be at the top of the food chain. Do all of the animals become vegetarians at the end?

To be fair, Simba did nothing to make him think he killed Mufasa in the original either.

>Scar's death

Literally Zira's death in Lion King 2.

>replacing Be Prepared

Fuck me this better be fake.

How man fucking stampedes are there?

This is fake but I'm still mad at the idea of this

- Hyenas hunt more often than lions (they actually scavenge less than them)

- Hyenas have the most complex social structures of any non-primate mammal

- Hyenas are more intelligent than dogs, and certainly more so than any big cat

Only reason people hate them is because of how disturbingly similar they are to us.

And becaus they're lesbos

cute fanfic faggot

They are actually cats as well.

OP, you've been putting in your homework, I think this bait can get a variety of people from widly different demographics really mad. You got a shitposting future my dude.

>Hyenas
>Cats

American education.

This is the world we live in now, where all the things in the past are distorted to fit the reality of the now. Remember fun? I do, we're not allowed to have fun, or nice things anymore. Everything is about race and privilege and whatever else the moral busy bodies of today cry about. Except now social media has made that a thousand times worse.

Counterpoint: Psuedopenis

this is beyond stupid.
and thats why i believe this is real

>It's another villain isn't evil, just misunderstood movie
I hope this is fake but it sounds very accurate to what we will likely get.

The poachers scene sounds retarded too. The fact that the original movie didn't have any humans whatsoever kind of gave that bit of charm to it. Having this in there just for the sake of a hamfisted moral sounds like it would break the immersion for me.

The saddest part is there will be people who think this is better than the original just because racebait.

>"One stampede wasn't enough." - Scar when killing Mufasa

I can't imagine race bait playing a part in this, regardless of the race of the voice actors involved.

Chewy is pretty based though.

>no Be prepared
>ten fucking Stampedes every day
>humans
>Nala get a bigger role because MUHMUH
>the only notable hyene is Shenzi
Yeah, fuck that shit. Not that i was expecting much anyway.

So are they just filming landscapes and trees, and adding CG animals later? I really do not understand the purpose of calling this '''''live action'''''.

I'm guessing a director wanted to go on a safari and wanted Disney to pay for it.

Live Human Poachers too.

Surely they're only in a few scenes.

i had an idea for animated movie about "noble" hyenas, but one user warned me it could become "feminist: the movie"because female hyenas.

>overall very faithful to the original

>btw scars a completely different character

There's always Digger.

I had an idea for a hyena character who's a total edgelord.

And there’s fifty stampede scenes and humans now. But otherwise the total same.

Doesn’t matter, it’s enough to call it “live-action”

What happened to JTT? Did he die? Or did they not want to actually use an adult version of the original kid VA for the adult version.

Apparently this and Jungle Book were all about developing CGI technology further for that "Night at the Museum, but in Disneyland" movie that Jon Favreau wanted to make as well as Dwayne Johnson's Jungle Cruise movie.

>Live action
>100% cgi
This angers me

remember when disney struggled to make anything decent?

>message of equality about the lions and hyenas
>Scar is a tragic villain
>they’re attacked by human poachers and nearly killed
>this fucking cast

It's worse than I imagined.

>humans
Oh boy here we fucking go.

>Dumbo
>Mary Poppins Returns
>Mulan

aaaaaaahhhhhh

Also, Captain Marvel? Isn't that a DC hero?

they renamed him Shazam to avoid lawsuits.

remember that time Mordo tiranically ruled over Pride Rock?

Sounds kino.

Beyonce..........

WAIT! ARE THE POACHERS WHITE?

hyenas are more closely related to cats than dogs

of course, it isn't exactly a good comparison to call them cats anyway

this is the one movie where the live action remake thing is really, REALLY questionable

Like, Jungle Book has at least one major human character, but Lion King is ALL animals; not a SINGLE human being in it. It'll be the one with the most "this really didn't need to happen" about it; even more so than all the other ones.

even if OP's post(s) are total shitposts I would still probably bet on them definitely changing anything from the original that could at least be taken as having pro-nationalist undertones (i.e. "that's beyond our borders we must never go there", how the pride lands goes to absolute shit when the invaders (hyenas) take over, "hyena and lion together as one" be presented as something villainous rather than a positive etc.)