What would Superman think of Saitama in terms how he as a hero...

What would Superman think of Saitama in terms how he as a hero? In terms of how he goes about stopping threats and saving people.

Too much collateral damage.

He absently-mindedly drops a giant on an entire city of people and doesn't really care.

to be fair....the giant was surrounded by city.

A dangerous liability whose motivation to fight someone that tests his power is not only irresponsible but bordering on villainy in its own right.

That and he'd see Sataima as kind of effete. Clark's managed to not only find what's inspiring and uplifting about mundane life but use his powers to go on incredible adventures with incredible people.

Saitama acts like he needs prozac. All that power and he still can't win a punch-up with depression.

If he'd punched it the other way it wouldn't have landed on the whole city.

I don't think Saitama has any particularly negative traits that would make Superman hate him, but Supes would definitely need to talk to him about minimizing damage to the cities he's out to save.

Saitama is all the parts people hate about Goku and Superman condensed into one individual, he's pretty terrible.

It just gets worse the more they keep trying to build up the rest of the setting like its a serious thing.

He'd see him as a rookie. Collateral damage is prevalent with untrained heroes, so I imagine he'd just try to help him minimize the collateral damage somewhat.

Mostly tho, Superman would pity Saitama for being so depressed despite being incredibly powerful and relatively well off.

Clark has managed to overcome a ridiculous amount of personal trauma and social alienation and remains a dude that holds a 9 to 5, is best friends with Jimmy Olsen, and is a family man.

Saitama is somehow supposed to be deep BECAUSE HE'S BORED.

It says really uncomfortable, ugly things about this generation when it identifies with Saitama and Goku more than Superman.

This.

People don't realize that Superman routinely suffers like a mother fucker. Even jolly Silver Age Superman had shit like Mon-El happen to him and stories where he'd find a bit of Krypton just to have it explode or something.

Even current Superman has to deal with his father coming back to life just to die in front of him after revealing that Dr. Manhattan mindbroke him into becoming a badguy.

Saitama would honestly crack like an egg under the amount of stress Clark has to deal with in his life.

Vegeta is more understandable and developed than Goku, you can sympathize about him actually CARING about people like his family, compared to Goku who is so blase most of the time.
And this is a guy that has a past of interplanetary genocide, how is he more sympathetic than the protagonist?

This also applies to a lesser extent with Piccolo, but he has a much smaller bodycount and was heroic earlier while also lacking all the obnoxious 'saiyan' traits that shit up the series.

Probably like a less malevolent Manchester Black. He would need some serious talking to about his methods.

He doesn't do that anymore, he recently fought a very large enemy almost as big as that giant but made sure his punch vaporised it so there would be no collateral damage

It's a sad fact that in Shonen the lead is typically the least interesting character.

>Vegeta beats Toppo and then gets dropped so Goku can go on to tie/beat Jiren with his new powerup bullshit

Fucking super.

>Expecting anything different from shounen anime

I can't believe they couldn't have made it Vegeta vs Jiren. Had to be fucking Goku vs final boss again even when Vegeta has so much more invested in the tournament its sad.

Probably help him with his battle with enui and depression.

Im sure he'd be happy with how he is as a hero, but wanting to help him as a person. Though that's in part mostly japans fault for its soul crushing cultural norms.

You gotta remember Saitima was going to kill himself but went 1v1 with no power or skills against a monster trying to kill a child not out of suicidal resolve but just because he wanted to help somebody.
At his heart Saitama is a good and heroic person, but also somewhat dissaciated with regular life. Thats the part Clark shines at
Superman trying to wingman Saitama when?

Crossover where Superman tries to fix Saitama's life when?

>tfw no Saitama getting adopted into the superfamily

Superman can't understand Caped Baldy's life.
Sure, Supes lives in a world of cardboard, but he has people he can work out his stress and frustration on, and even bitches with lightning powers can inflict hurt on him.

Saitama tries to fight monsters as a hobby, and none of them can even fight him. It's be like training for 5 years to be a professional boxer and all of your opponents are paper cut-outs.

The OP's art seems to imply that Superman can fight on Saitama's level, which is a joke.

he's relateable cause a lot of people find themselves stuck in life and they just cant seem to find anything in life that gives them satisfaction.

The "Superfamily" is recycled pap to distract you from the fact that the "well of ideas" for Superman comics has run completely fucking dry.

No one cares about your autistic hatred of DC and the Superfamily, Ladderbro. Now shoo.

to be fair there's been nothing YET to imply featwise that Saitama is on Supe's level. Sure going by statements and his own character he COULD very well be, but the best feat so far is his attack on Lord Boros.

best posts so far

This. I even doubt the two would come to blows immediately.
Supes would lecture Saitama about the duty of a superhero. Saitama would nod occasionally while thinking that this guy is boring and self-righteous and that he'd rather do something else. Afterwards, it depends if Saitama ultimately decides to care about his collateral damage or not. In this case, I could see Superman intervening directly.

better yet

Crossover and st some point Superman comes across Mumen Rider. I think Superman would have nothing but praise for him.

>"Saitama hasn't matched Superman's feats from when he was written like a Popeye cartoon, and could tow the Milky Way galaxy with some navel lint".

Yeah, completely relevant now that Superman has to break a sweat to bust Aquaman's nose.

G8 b8

He wasn't talking about Pre-Cisis.

Even New 52 could bench the planet for 5 days with no sweat and no sunlight

>He's sad because he cant' have a good fight
Then he should use his powers to make the world a better place. There's more to being a functional human being than getting your dick hard wrestling with monsters. That's pathetic.

They would go to King's house and they both would get worked in Game Fighter 6 by the earth's greatest hero.

He does use his powers to make the world better, though.

Clark has a life outside of superheroics, because American heroes care about more than their own enjoyment or gainz.

That's not the world's fault. And that's a lesson that's not told to kids enough these days.

This is why I like capes more than shounen. If Superman was placed in Saitama's shoes he'd be as happy as he could be because he likes helping people, not having fun.

"Woah is me! Life is so hard because I can't please my fight boner!" Get fucked. I'm tired of seeing this character in shounen.

Hmmmm.... Is that....?

didnt he also like fly from pluto back to Earth in like what had to be at most a few seconds?

>There will never be a JLA storyline where the JLA tell satire versions of Saitama and Goku to fucking grow up

Nu 52 was also revealed to be one-half of New Earth and fused with New Earth to make Rebirth Superman. So he's also got all the juicy post-crisis feats that put him way above Saitama.

It seems more like Saitama has some form of actual depression. He seems bored by EVERYTHING not just he cant find a decent fight.

If he was above Saitama he wouldn't need more than one punch to beat his villains

I get what you say but the genre and writing style of Superman's comics and shit wouldnt allow for that.

He fights bad guys quite a bit out of Saitama's league.

Darkseid for instance would slap Saitama's shit.

Gifted slackers like Major Bummer exist in the DCU and are just left to their devices.

There's little reason the Justice League would have time in their day for people who aren't engaged in society, it's Saitama's choice how he applies himself but the point is unlike his series important characters aren't going to just gravitate to him in a large shared universe.

Genos and Mumen would be more likely to get Clark's notice.

We don't really know that, though. I don't think we've seen any villain so far who has been able to make Saitama break a sweat, so assuming that a certain character must be strong enough to beat him effortlessly is just presumptuous. Honestly, any discussion involving powerlevels and Saitama is doomed to failure because we don't know his limit yet.

Darkseid & Superman aren't limitless or they wouldn't ever need to fight anyone as they could end them at any point when they felt like it

>End them at any point when they felt like it
Darkseid can literally do this as a free action, and then bring the person he killed back to life to do it again and again and again.

>OPM ends

>Saitama shows he has universe level powers by breaking out of pocket universes that are the same size as our universe.

thats about as powerful as a guy with no "extra" super abilities can get.

Would Superman be a little bit perplexed by how Saitama gained his strength?

I mean most of the heroes Supes know either have their powers naturally due to being an alien or supernartural being or from some freak accident, but Saitama literally just trained thru physical exercise.

Im not a capes user so I dont know any fine details on em.

Nigga Darkseid would solo Saitama and his entire universe. You have no idea how far the dials go in DC.

Literally all Saitama would have to do is punch in the direction of his hand and it would be vaporised, gag character's always beat serious characters with high feats

honestly that would be pretty funny to see for everyone else's reactions.

The real question is how quickly would Squirrel Girl defeat Saitama

Because they are both joke characters.

Pretty sure his universe would be the easiest to subjugate under Darkseid's will.

>Darkseid just manifests within Saitama
>It's easy as pie for him to possess him because he's depressed

Game over.

Squirrel Girl was supposedly defeated by Hydra, when Hydra Cap took over along with his Hydra goons they all defeated a bunch of heroes, Squirrel Girl was among those heroes and she did nothing

Yeah, don't really need to beat the "punch" if you can control the arm.

Saitama is literally Powerman whose ability is being the strongest guy in the room because that's the whole point of his fucking comedy series
I don't get why Sup Forums constantly involves him in autistic powerlevel discussions

They'd be at odds because Saitama operates under comedy logic and Superman does not
Saitama is generally reasonable and could be probably be fixed up by someone like Superman. They wouldn't be very funny though so it doesn't happen. For comedy's sake someone like Superman in OPM would turn out to be a self-righteous prick

>I-It's a comedy so he always wins!
Plasticman is a comedy character. He doesn't always win.

He's gonna hug him and give him the Supes speech.
Nobody can resist Superman giving you a speech that he cares

Plasticman isn't a gag character, Saitama is

Vegeta caring about his family was barely a thing before Super.

This guy knows what's up.

>Saitama is all the parts people hate about Goku and Superman condensed into one individual, he's pretty terrible.
That's the fucking point you idiot

That's because Saitama isn't OP. His villains are underpowered which makes Saitama contextually OP.

Superman having villains that can match him doesn't make him less powerful than Saitama, in actuality Saitama is only more powerful in a narrative sense. And even then, the biggest conflict for Saitama is a personal one, in his fight against apathy.

His villains aren't underpowered when almost all of them would easily kill every other character in his world

>It says really uncomfortable, ugly things about this generation when it identifies with Saitama and Goku more than Superman.
>identifies

Nobody identifies with Goku. They think he is an awesome character with cool tricks and an awesome anime. While Superman is kind of boring character and got an okayish cartoon.

One punch man is a gag anime/manga. Nobody identifies with Saitama. They just think he is an interesting gag character.

I mean underpowered compared to other anime.

Even Dodoria could have killed Boros.

>While Superman is kind of boring character and got an okayish cartoon.
>an
Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about

I think it means underpowered in the grand scheme of things. Either way Saitama isn't OP if you go by feats, only by the narrative.

That some people think Goku is a cooler character than Superman?

What... yeah you don't know what you're talking about if you got that from the reply

Interacting with Superman would mean Saitama no longer acts like Saitama, Superman's universe has beings in it that can challenge him, literally thousands of them. His apathy would vanish.

>Superman's universe has beings in it that can challenge him
Not true at all. Saitama can one punch anything, that's his gag and nothing is stronger than a gag

What are you saying? I trying to explain in my post that people don't identities with Goku and Saitama. There are just interesting characters.

I thought you were sperging about me calling Superman boring.

the point is having a hero who has no trouble deaing with villains, no enemy to act as an obstacle to saving the day, and how that in itself brings it own problems to said hero.

What's with all you retards saying Saitama is depressed. He's apathetic and bored, but that's not depression. It's so crystal clear why he acts they way he does, yet people are still so focused on the MUH STRENGTH side of him, which rarely appears.

weeby wizyakuza art

How would Supes feel about Saitama killing any non-human he runs into?

Someone already tried that, Saitama's will is immeasurable thanks to his "no AC in the summer" training.

Clinical depression is described as persistently depressed mood and/or loss of interests in activities.

So yes he DOES possibly shown signs of having depression, retard.

motherfucker whats wrong with it?

>nothing is stronger than a gag
Except "gag" isn't the right word. Goofy has gags, Ed, Edd, n Eddy has gags, The Three Stooges have gags. OPM is semi serious in regards to the narrative.

King specifically told him to do that

Naw, he gets worked up when King puts him in the vortex.

It was more referring to the "an okayish cartoon" genius. In which you don't know what you're talking about if you think there is only one.

Yeah and Saitama chose to do it that way, if he really didn't care then he'd have just carelessly punched it

Yeah, he's willing to listen to advice sometimes. What's your point?

And that's why King became an actual friend

She would lose the fight, but distract him long enough to prevent him from reaching the sale he was headed to. Thus both characters lose and the gag is doubled.

Superman would look at Saitama the same way Luthor looks at Superman

I wonder how long it would take Saitama to one punch his way though the DC universe and kill all the evil monsters

Most of the DC villains you can't just punch and forget.

Except we know higher beings exist in OPM. We gotta see Saitama one-shot god before we can make that claim.

I think Saitama does what he can, and likewise to Supes. Supes can't save everyone, but he'll do what he can.

I hate pitting heroes against each other. What's the point? In all likelihood they'll talk their differences out and go get a drink together. That's what heroes do.

>t. I watched one episode and took college psychology
No, he isn't you retard. Saitama is just lazy and introverted

>you can't just punch and forget.
Such as?

You take this story too seriously

>Sup Forums not getting saitama

figures, saitama is a geat character because he essentially is what superman would be in a setting where people take superheroes for granted.

in every sense, saitama has the same goal as superman which is to help people, and be a great hero. The problem is that whenever an evil threat shows up he takes out the enemy in one punch, essentially, the whole spectacle of superman being superman is then lost, imagine if supes knocked out doomsday or something in one hit, no drama, no confrontation, your expectation of being a superhero changes because you can defeat things so easily.
everything changes, you know that the earth is going to be safe, so there's no worrying that the earth could be in danger, your fight is over the minute is began, so no one recognizes that the villain was that much of a threat, and ultimately the thing that you wanted to do the most is the easiest job in the world. it would be like if you had to play chess to save the world, but every time you face someone, you win in one turn, eventually I think even supes would become lazy and apathetic to the whole thing.