Any chance of seeing him (portrayed by Rob McElhenney) has long passed right...

Any chance of seeing him (portrayed by Rob McElhenney) has long passed right? MCU will just introduce Sam Alexander as a diversity hire?

Sucks because I really loved Annihilation Wave

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lVh9S_Yel8Y?t=15m27s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why would you want Mac to play him?
hes a bad actor. also old.

Nova fags have effectively killed ANY chance of Nova happening thanks to their autism. They can't have nice things because someone leaked a directors personal phone number and harassed him

Tbh my other dream choice would be Joel Edgerton but well he's quite old too.

I forgot about this

Because of Black Panther's success, they're definitinely going with Sam to get the spic audience.

The age of the white male is OVER.

This. They pissed off Gunn MASSIVELY. Now he’ll never show up.

yeah, but Gunn's gone after gotg. Solmeone else at Marvel could always wanna bring him in. And he was originally in the first gotg script

Yeah, how do people get to that point and realize that they fucked everything up?

Like god damn, just tweet like every other person. Don't personally call the person!

>They can't have nice things because someone leaked a directors personal phone number and harassed him

Michael Rooker was the one that leaked it, it's even on video that he leaked it. The autistic cosmicbooknews fag put the video, and a message on his website to call him ecause he's a retard. Then he took the message to call Gunn down from his website (put kept the video).

Obviously Gunn was never going to get mad at Rooker because Rooker is his BFF no matter what stupid shit he does, but solely blaming on the cosmicbooknews retard is a bit silly, everyone who watched the video could've called him.

That said months after that incident happened Gunn mentioned in a Q&A video that Marvel Studios was considering Nova and weeks after that he called out the cosmicbooknewsfag.

As for the cosmicbooknewsfag, the only thing he killed is any chance of Gunn having the character of Nova in GotG vol. 3 and of Gunn ever doing anything with said character which honestly went from small to none to just being small. Gunn cared about Nova and he has always mentioned that he is just whatever about the character.

>Rob McElhenney
He's way too old, Rich is like in his early to mid 20's
>
MCU will just introduce Sam Alexander as a diversity hire?
Why? Rich has the more interesting stories and if they wanna do diversity they'll just make Rich latino.

Besides we know from Gunn and Bendis that Feige read the Giffen-DnA era of Cosmic Marvel (he's the one who suggested they do Guardians) and Nicole Perlman who scripwrites for Marvel is a fan of Richard Rider, taking that in mind Rich edges Sam.

That said I doubt we'll have Nova anytime soon

He's staying to consult for the Cosmic side (which pretty much what Bendis and his group did before they were kicked out) but he's done directing Marvel movies for the time being and the only thing that might make him come back is if Marvel gets the rights to ROM.

That said Feige is the one who decides who gets a movie and who doesn't, not Gunn.

>it's even on video that he leaked it.
>youtu.be/lVh9S_Yel8Y?t=15m27s
>15:27

>Rich is like in his early to mid 20's
He was 17 when he became Nova, Annihilation happens 5 years later, sounds about right.

As long as Gunn is in charge (and ruining) of the cosmic side of the MCU you will never see Nova.

Maybe the Russo brothers have more common sense, destroy the shitty Gunn's Nova Corps in Infinity War and only Richard Rider survives and somehow obtains the combined power of all the victims.

Why is his butt so pronounced?

That's pretty much Rich's origin, all of Xandar dies and he gets the powers from the sole powered up Nova that's left just shoots his Nova force at earth and Rich just happened to get it by accident.

Sam > Dick

Yes I agree Mirror Master is better than Nightwing.

Pls go Loeb, no one cares about your shitty taste after your shit Inhumans show tanked.

>That's pretty much Rich's origin, all of Xandar dies and he gets the powers from the sole powered up Nova that's left just shoots his Nova force at earth and Rich just happened to get it by accident.

I know, but in the MCU the Nova Force doesn't exist neither Worldmind.

plz leave DnAfag who didn't read any of Dick's boring comics for decades

Nah, I'll stay :^) you just keep being mad.

Worldmind wasn't even a thing when the first Nova run happened (until towards the end but it didn't even appear in the first run) and the Nova force was just Dey's power.

But what I'm really trying to say is that the Nova corps doesn't need to factor into Nova's origin that much. Xandar is already destroyed in the comic when the first issue happens and Infinity Wars is going to nuke the Novas so they can have an after credit that teases that they worked in the Nova force or teased it in the movie itself or just address it in a Nova movie if they make one.

Fiege doesn't like Loeb very much, so Sam has 0 chance of ever making into the MCU.
That said, Rich is also extremely unlikely. I wouldn't expect anything for him until at least 2025.

>Any chance of seeing him
Yeah, actually, I think there's a bigger chance now than there was back for GotG since the Nova Co-
>portrayed by Rob McElhenney
... What? Why?

I think maybe it's because Glenn Howerton was originally going to be Star Lord, but I'm not sure what OP's thought process for that is.

I agree it's a WTF casting choice, who would you guys cast as Rich? I think Jared Padalecki has the looks but he has some awful CW tier acting and he would never drop Supernatural so it ain't happening.

They should go with an unknown.

>The age of the white male is OVER.

1. No it aint 2. I don't care what colour the hero is as long as its a good story.

Be real, part of me wants to see John C rielly get ripped and be Nova. He always jokes about how he can't be a main character cause he's too ugly. Dunno why but he's a good actor who i'd like to see try and be a cool guy.

Iiiiiiii don't know how much better John would look if he lost weight. He's just as popular as he is because he's insanely talented.

I would like if he appeared more as Rhoman Dey but too bad Infinity War is going to kill him and his family.

Two words:

DICK

RYDER

Why McElhenney exactly?

Jack Huston. I know he was originally in the running for Peter but he's a solid actor and unknown enough that Disney probably won't have to shell out a ton of money to bring in.

Thor will meet up with him in future movies. Him and Thor will both be survivors of having their worlds destroyed. They'll both be in a group with Rocket and Groot. Groot might be the last of his kind as well.

I don't think he'll be on Xandar for IW, and I doubt they'll make him the sole survivor of an earth ending event.

It helps to promote IASIP after Disney buys Fox if Rob plays Nova while Glenn plays Adam Warlock and many people familiar with IASIP will just find it amusing and the two of them have tended to be able to be funny. If they don't start out with Sam it can be more like the comics if Sam becomes a second Nova rather than the other way around.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

>Rob McElhenney
>not Chris Pine

I don't think they have any interest in doing anything with Sam since he doesn't have any stand out stories and the reception to him has never been good.

Why does one of the most popular televisions shows currently airing need promotion? Why would Marvel/Disney use one of their most popular, high-cash-intake properties for means of that promotion?

Rich is one of my favourite characters, but what the fuck is up with those turbo autists of his internet fanbase?
Those guys are utterly fucked in the head. Hell, they didn't even support his last book for the most petty reasons imaginable from what I heard here. Fuck those pathetic retards.

After James Gunn did all those penis jokes and that masturbation joke I highly doubt they would shy away from Rich because of his name.

It's a small group of 5 people in cosmicbooknews, and yeah they're embarrassing but every fandom has their idiots.

It's just that the Rich fans aren't that many and he's a very obscure character outside comic fandom so the autismo is more noticeable.

YES

Sam has a small fandom in Japan and it's mostly because of Disk Wars and a good chunk of them are shotafags.

Perez also mentioned in his twitter that he got a lot of Sam requests at Tokyo Comic Con last year.

That said pic related where also at Tokyo CC so I guess Rich has some fans there (unless they just traveled to Tokyo from somewhere else).