Biggest Dark Age For An Animation Studio?

What is the biggest dark age for animation studio?

Disney: 1970-1988
Pixar: 2011-2017
Dreamworks: 2012- present
Don Bluth Studios: 1991-1995

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e2IctxaCPqw?t=22
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Disney's is started now. Nothing but live action and CGI remakes

Why does Pixar end with 2017 but Dreamworks is ongoing? Did Pixar do something?

Lasseter cared more about WDAS than his own studio.

When they steal from writers poorer than Disney. A snowman here, Zootopia there and the Lion King

Was the 70s really that bad for Disney?
I thought The Rescuers was a big success?

The movies in that era were a huge step down from the eras that came before and after, both in story and animation, I mean fuck Robin Hood pretty much reused scenes from older Disney films

Disney 2009- present

I just want some traditional animation

That's all I ask

Disneys entire history is a dark age

Coco was good

DW has never really had a dark age, they’ve been consistently hit or miss for pretty much their whole existence, though you could argue it’s closer to having a 3/4 hit ratio in the past and a 1/2 matrix nowadays. They were delivering stuff like Sinbad and Shark Tale during their first half, and recently they’ve still released things like HtTYD2 and Captain Underpants.

Unless you’re talking financial success, public awareness, and corporate stability, in which case you’re absolutely right.

>I mean fuck Robin Hood pretty much reused scenes from older Disney films
Isnt that the film that essentially created the furry subculture?

It didn't create it, but it sure inspired a few

Call me crazy all you want but i throughly enjoyed boss baby and thought it was one of the better animated films this years. Much more enjoyable then coco.

I see alot of furfags point to that film as the catalyst that created the genre, why do they hold that film up in such high regard when funny animals have been around since at least the 30s.

I got enjoyment from Boss Baby too, but I wouldn’t call it a good movie, and definitely not one of the better animated movies of the year. But to each his own, I just like to talk about this stuff.

No the great mouse detective did a better job.
youtu.be/e2IctxaCPqw?t=22

Eh, their werent really any good animated films last year anyways

I’m curious if 70s adult animated films like Fritz the Cat or Dirty Duck has a hand in furries at all. I mean nowadays I’m sure they watch them, but at the time it probably was watched by people with a sense of self awareness, whereas furries would’ve needed to see something in their youth (Disney) that could infantilize them with their notions.

Look outside of American studio releases. I’d even argue last year was one of the best years of the decade for animation, but the good films aren’t the kinds of things discussed here that much. The Breadwinner, In This Corner of the World, Ethel & Ernest, Birdboy, The Girl Without Hands, and World of Tomorrow 2 to name a few. All impressive and memorable films.

Yes.
Foreign/Independent animated films are my jam.
I love them.

And there was also Ballerina, Mary and the Witch's Flower, and A Silent Voice.

Lol

>pixar
>2011-2017
You mean 2011-2014

It's best Pixar movie of the decade.
rubbish, we saw entire creative process behind zootopia, these claims were baseless.

You're choosing to include cars 3 and the good dinosaur as passable?

>Implying Captain Underpants wasn't