RIP What.cd

So the French destroyed the best music tracker on the world, because they were scared everyone will pirate their faggot french music.

REEE, Le Pen better come out and criticize this otherwise french should be nuked like the niggers they are

And press F for respects

Other urls found in this thread:

what.cd/
zataz.com/operation-what-cd-12-serveurs-saisis-chez-ovh-free/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_fidelity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what.cd/

wtf you are kidding right

>Due to some recent events, What.CD is shutting down. We are not likely to return any time soon in our current form. All site and user data has been destroyed. So long, and thanks for all the fish.
It's real

Fucking frogs man

unfortunately no :(

zataz.com/operation-what-cd-12-serveurs-saisis-chez-ovh-free/

>muh special snowflake private tracker

lol who the fuck cares?

Gde cu sad Čoline albume da skidam

Why the fuck would they host in that shithole.

I still remember OiNK going down. Now it's What.

It's a fucking shame, because What was a genuinely yuuuge archive for music, it dwarfed Spotify, iTunes Store, etc.

shut up you spanish nigger, keep downloading your 32kbps arab mariachi from radio morocco

Waffles is still down too

Good
Fucking faggot secret clubs I hope konami deletes sows

F

Piss off.
You can find 320kbps rips of practically anything and you don't have to turn you pc in a server for leechers.

FUCK

an user here gave me an account for christmas, i wanted to download stuff for sampling

Fuck you. Sows is all I have.

On top of being run by suicidal bureaucrats flooding their country with rapists and terrorists and capitulating to Merkel, this is another great reason why France needs a second revolution.

you guys should consider supporting the artist if you like the music

Piracy should mean jail. There is no justification.

>inb4 muh joos

you really think Le Pen is OK with torrent ?

>Expecting somebody from the Balkans to buy a shitload of music
Good luck with that

>320kbps rips
kek, listening to the CBR Jew..

Everyone chill the fuck out

We Frogs need your support and memetic energy for an uncucking with Le Pen in 2017

Don't turn on us before the fight even started!

I just checked it this morning and it was fine, what the fuck happenend?

This country is way too shit for that. People are so fucking dumb they'll just vote Republican because muh 6 gorillon.

>2016
>not using SoulSeek

VBR masterrace

>So the French destroyed the best music tracker on the world
But, slsk is still alive

>tfw I actually want to pirate faggot french music

Je suis triste maintenant ...

kek

ffs ppl, soulseek is like 19th century

What.CD was for hipster faggots who care more about their CUE and LOG files than the music itself.

Hand-converted custom studio mastered vinyl rip 24-96+ FLAC true eternal and final master race reporting in.

First BCG and now What.cd. What is next? PTP and BTN?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We meme'd Trump where he belongs. Surely we can do the same over here. You gotta have some faith, man.

Who cares if it's still functional

But Americans somewhat know what freedom is. People hate freedom here.

That's really bad. These things don't come back once their gone, not in the same glory. Some of the stuff on their will no doubt be unrecoverable. It's pretty much like burning down a library.

Seriously man, don't be so cynical. We can do it. We will teach them, and they will like it.

This, I download obscure as fuck music that even last.fm barely knows all the time, and I rarely have a problem finding any of it.

Private trackers BTFO

The difference is nobody cares about France.

arnt they the jews with the autistic application process to get in?

lel

Maybe people will learn that keeping all your eggs in one centralized basket is bad when there is a group of assholes that would love nothing more than to smash your eggs and throw you in prison.

Yeah, it was a way of keeping retards and leechers out.

>It's pretty much like burning down a library.
this is what it reminds me of, music is not gone, it's on hard drives of people all around the world and what is not it can be ripped again.

but the collages. album details and other unique content that users created themselves was a huge treasure

Surely hundreds or thousands of people have the music still.

Of course private tracker faggots are the first to whine about exclusive releases being lost if their site is shut down all while excluding the majority of people for getting the music.

>tfw riaa jews will get me soon

t. butthurt_emule_downloader

Literally who?

Shut up, leaf. If I wanted my retarded cousin's opinion I would have asked.

There's many reasons private trackers exist beyond "elitism."

I was more disappointed about BCG. I had an account since 2005 or 2006. I remember having to get a new account when they reset their site around the same time.

Going to vote anyway, we'll see.

I guess French users have most to worry about

Google translation:

The Gendarmerie Nationale has just put a stop to the business of the private tracker What.cd. 12 servers seized at OVH in Lille and Gravelines, as well as a machine at Free.

It is this Thursday, November 17th that the Gendarmerie Nationale, and more specifically the military of the center of fight against the digital criminals (C3N), has seized the servers mails, irc and trackers of the tracker torrent private What.cd. In short, a nice nest of data that the investigators are analyzing. A first phase is not negligible. Even if the site is still active, it does not work anymore.

The users who used this private tracker found themselves without any connection to the three million proposed torrents (if I quickly calculate, it gives 3 million X 15 X 13 x 0,07 €, or 41 million euros of damage for the Assignees, NDR). The machines were seized in majorities in the North of France (Lille, Roubaix, Graveline ...) because hosted at OVH.

According to my information, this is a first sentence in this investigation, which began two years ago. It appears that the gendarmes were seized by SACEM. The investigation continues. The data seem to make it possible to go back to many French people and administrators, but also to the "boss" of What.cd, based in the United Kingdoms.

Like being harder to shut down? Oh wait.

Stop violating artists rights. Stop it.

What.CD deserved to die. All the torrents in the world aren't worth the ass kissing required to use it.

Well yeah, this one had a run of nearly 9 years.

>Le Pen wins becaue of this
what do

I had an account for 6 years this month. RIP :(

>Implying the average French 'tard even knows what a torrent is

Thats what you get for not letting me sign up niggers

>He pays for all of his shit.
I bet you pay 30 for a gram of weed.

I'm surprised they were able to stay alive this long.

big deal just dl SLSK what.cd was elitist garbage anyhow.

>he pays for the digital jew
top kek massive cuck

For such an elite tracker constantly under attack by trolls, cheaters and law to be constantly open through simple interview is incredible. No other tracker of that rank would let ungrateful trash like you even near.

Also, what.cd created gazelle which enabled PTP, BTN and hundreds of other trackers to exist

Disagree. A lot of shit is effectively gone even if people still have it on their drives. No given place to upload it and no given place to download it.

If Nyaa died tomorrow a shitload of things would permanently be lost from the internet.

what.cd is as bad or worse.

slsk motherfuckers. use it. you guys live under a fucking rock? wahhhhh muhhhh tracker! give me a fucking break.

It was also an archive of human accomplishments.

Please God let the world end. Please dear Lord let the ground quake and let hellfire come up from the depths and burn away our miserable sinner flesh, let the devil have his way with all the world 'til we know what filthy little vermin we are.

come to rutracker faggots

No mate, this exact thing happened with Oink almost 10 years ago. Then the (((industry))) gloated they finally managed to kill the greatest music tracker in the world.

Few days later you had What and Waffles.

who /napster/ here

rutracker is actually one of the best trackers in the world, I just don't like the software it uses, for specialized collections like music and movies gazelle is more practical

What's the point of downloading music in 2016 when everything is on Youtube?

the russians have it figured out, if you must use trackers trust the russian mafia to keep things going.

the interface is all in cyrillic though... will I find the recent anime series there at least?

if you're listening music on your pitiful portable picnic player then there's no point at all

Hmmm I uploaded some of th more classic early torrents lets hope I don't go to jail now

just do what the brits do
>fucking tories

What else would you be listening it on?

wtf i hate daft punk now

some people actual care about quality you know. youtube compresses the shit out of stuff, no only but rates but hertz as well.

>tfw remember napster, gnuetella, kazaa, bearshare, soulseek, limewire
>tfw all those share sites like rapidshare, depositfiles
>tfw remember yahoo live, stickam, coke music, geocities, homestead, planetquake
>tfw remember the day megaupload died

anons it hurts, so much of our internet history dead only to be re-filled with stuff like buzzfeed and facebook

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_fidelity

Just download with irc from horriblesubs.info

Do you also have those crystals that purify the sound through aethereal vibrations?

So is a record store, bandcamp.com, etc etc. If an artist wants you to have their art for free then they will provide it.

*looks directly into the camera*

Stop it.

Wow reminds me of earlier this year when Nostalrius got shut down because it was hosted by OVH in France.

Good thing that one is coming back soon though.

depositfile and rapidshare were always shit, megaupload was always the best which is why they were shutdown. Soulseek still around and better than ever. All others are shit except maybe DC++ which is okay

*teleports behind u*

for you niggers everything is aethereal except your trusty boombox

is there something wrong with nyaa?

Also on rutracker just use the searchbox, titles are generally in english.

>how do record contracts work

Can't beat the beat man.

i'm afraid to ask if he's photoshopped or not

ffshrine is a good resource