Is it worth reading now that its done?

Is it worth reading now that its done?

Its ok.

Nope

Is The Walking Dead ending at #200 or #300 like Kirkman planned? I wouldn't be surprised if he announced it was ending with #200

I think it definitely is. Its not some pseudo-lit comic like Sandman, Transmet, or (I would argue) Preacher but it is a consistently fun read with lots of twists and turns. I also thought the ending was satisfying.

I mean, if you've avoided spoilers for sure my guy go for it

just go up to issue 13 then stop, its a great mini series when read that way

Kirkman should never be read by anyone for any reason.

It's a shitty shonen mired in a facade of highly derivative capeshit tropes.

But if you're legitimately the type of grown man to go on Sup Forums and make "should I read this?" threads, then you'll probably love it.

Yeah. Probably the greatest version of the super hero genre.

Last arc was ok, but the last chapter was amazing.

It's really not rewarding at all. I'd skip it.

These

Id say this is accurate if mark actually won any of his fights

>stuffs 4 or 5 arcs into a single issue
Yeah, great writing alright

Yes.

It's good until Mark fucks off to space

>pseudo lit
>preacher
It's the same as any other Ennis' comic ever

>shonen
You need to go back, senpai

How is Preacher pseudo-lit? Take your time.
HARD MODE: Answer without admitting you've never actually read it.

It may be a stretch on my part, but I think that this user is talking pseudo-lit as in well-received and universally-liked stuff from
>Dude, it's not for kids, it's like so deep
category.

But then again, it may be overinterpretation.

War Stories and Battlefields are more lit than Transmet.

You need to read more capeshit.

It's one of the few capeshit I can stomach. Not amazing, but okay.

It's pretty good throughout. 30-50 is kind of a lull but other than that it's paced pretty well.

Basically DBZ meets Justice League.

>me like sooper flying comix
>no like comix wif big werds

yes

Jupiter's Circle- Legacy >

It's one of the few modern comics I can think of where a character goes through actual arcs and develops and reaches any kind of cathartic conclusion instead of being stuck in status quo limbo for 500 issues... hell yes it's worth reading.

I stopped reading after he time jumped AGAIN to his daughter being older, what did I miss?

Dude, you have no idea. Just go - look through the archives for the storytime some user did a few weeks ago and read through it all, it's like a dozen issues and they're all pretty freakin great

or read them in readcomiconline, way less chances of spoiling the ending by accidentally picking a thread with an issue beyond the one in which he stopped that way.

no

yes

maybe

fuck no

I knew I'd take shit for that statement. Maybe it's just because the comic made such a big impression on me as a kid. And yes, I've re-read it as an adult.

In my opinion, if you try your best to ignore Ennis' shitty humor it's a cool book with some good bits on male friendship, America, responsibility, and masculinity. It also had a really cool mythology for its time.

AYE
It is good stuff until after the war and it goes shit for a few dozen issues.
The Conquest stuff is fantastic.

It actually is pretty much in the middle between the things I like about Ennis and the things I hate. On one end you have The Boys which is just completely ridiculous and consists entirely of his brand of shock humor. On the other end you have Punisher Maxx which didn't have much of that at all, and just had what I consider the better bits of Ennis.

Where does the "psuedo-lit" part come in? Thus far all you've said is that it's a comic you nostalgia bombed hard but is still okay.

surprisingly yes.

Not everything that is "worth a read" is "amazing." It's not the best thing ever, but it's definitely worth a read.

That's not what I said. Why are you being such a cunt?

Clear and decisive advice from Sup Forums, as always.

>t is good stuff until after the war and it goes shit
It gets better... then worse... then better again, and ends on a pretty high note. Last couple issues gave me some legit feels.

just fucking read it you nerd, jesus it's not like you're busy, if you have time to make such shitty threads.

I bet your cat gets a kick out of you cunt.

Leave newfag we don't shill those sites here

>That's not what I said
Yes it is. You literally called it psuedo-lit you dumb cunt.

It was always worth reading, and yes.

He basically walked that back and you responded with "where does the thing I want to argue about come in." Why are you being such a fucking cunt?

That is a tough answer. It really seems like the earlier stuff was better.

It has a really satisfying ending which is a surprise cause Kirkman is a hack.

To bad it's several arcs of garbage just to get to it. The comic is decent until robot gets his new body. I would read up to there and then ignore it afterwards.

I'd argue Hitman is a better sythesis of Ennis' two extremes but Preacher had more highs and lows.

>Hitman
That cringey comic about a supa baydass hitman that somehow got a job at the fucking Justice League?

Calling them garbage is too harsh - stuff like the Dinosaurus and Reboot arcs are underwhelming, but they're still reasonably entertaining and lead to some interesting situations and character developments.

>That cringey comic about a supa baydass hitman that somehow got a job at the fucking Justice League?
You didn't read the comic at all, did you?

I tried my best.

It's at like #180ish

It's almost like it's a board of individuals with different tastes.