ITT the forgotten heroes and villains who you love but know will never return

ITT the forgotten heroes and villains who you love but know will never return

This costume makes me nut

Itsy bitsy

His actual story was sort of whatever, but this image of the lumbering sand monster is hella cool

Remember that time Superman mentored Spider-Man? Good times.

I go searching for these types of characters. I appreciate the variety C-list superheroes and supervillains.

He was used just last year.

Why doesn't Clark mentor more young heroes? He seems to only get involved if they are directly related and even then he hardly calls or visits.

Gravity.
Whatever happened to him in the end?

I want more of her.

Still alive, which continually shocks me.

A character that appeared in one issue of a the comic book for the justice league cartoon.

Fun Fact: they were going to make him Captain Marvel but backed out for some reason, I forget why. That's where he was heading after his resurrection.

I don't think he's been seen since Spider-Island.

Most people forget that he was resurrected after the Beyond mini. I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't popped up on one of the eighty Avengers teams in the past couple of years.

>he was supposed to be the next spider-man so they can a teenage hero to use
>prop him up and gradually get people interested
>then drop him like a rock

Does "will never be more than a background punching bag" count?

For a brief moment it seemed like they were going to make something of Firebird, but they backed out completely. I like her tho, I usually like more obscure characters better

He should be introduced to the main series somehow

Red Hood's sidekick.

You know, looking at his design, that skull really reminds me of Tom Fulp's character designs

Call it a shitty weeb art Iron Giant ripoff, I don't mind.

He was a gud boy.

Was the Shogun behind this?

>someone from the anti-matter universe kidnaps a green lantern and it turns out the Qwardians have built an evil GLC

hmn where did Johns get this idea

Talon after he moved to Earth-0.

>Johns
>not a hack
Pick one.

>a powerful reality warper splits Superman into multiple versions of himself so that reality will be easier to alter

a real fountain of creativity, that cereal lord

Kinda completely interested.

It was a one-and-done deal. GL #149 is a prelude, GL #150 is the actual story.

for villains I kinda want Khyber to return. Guy was essentially King Hassan/Apocalype/Ras al Ghul to Superman. I thought he had potential.

also the Obsidian League.

We will never see Misty again : /

Honestly we will never see most of the good things from Seven Soldiers ever again.

Dini said he didn't want to try and write Misty because he felt she was too much Morrison's baby. So she won't appear again because of respect for the original creator, which is how it should be

I miss Pat...

That was definately Jason Todd

>Someone else remembers Outburst
No fucking way. I must be just having an identity disorder episode.

Sinestro Corps has so many great background characters and minor villains.

>ywn see Kryb again

Why the fuck did they kill pat? Was there any reason for it? They had such a cool thing going on with the dynamic. Toxin seems like an entirely different character/symbiote

It sucks that her origin relies so heavily on a story that will never be referenced again

Hey man, if Orcafags could meme her back to life and have a baby with croc in injustice anything is possible.

He's dead, innit?

I feel like the way Morrison thinks about comics he'd probably rather she show up again.

I'm interested in this dude just because of the visual design. Great look.

That bald chick is kinda hot, not gonna lie.

My fucking nigga

Been dying to see Misty, that version of Klarion, Bulleteer, the Manhattan Guardian, and the Sheeda again. At least Ystina and Frankenstein saw some use outside of Seven Soldiers.

I thought the story was that Dini wanted to use Misty but wasn't allowed to?

One of my favorite things to do when I'm bored is have the DC wikia and readcomicsonline open together and find obscure characters and read about them.
He was in the Death of Superman. Always perplexed me that they introduced this guy and Superboy around the same time.

>One of my favorite things to do when I'm bored is have the DC wikia and readcomicsonline open together and find obscure characters and read about them.
Damn, I should try this out.

The second time yeah.

lmao Venom needs an enemy symbiote but Carnage's too played out and we can't be arsed to use any of the Hybrid ones, let's just use Toxin :)

Though it pains me to say that Eddie Toxin looked way better than Pat's

Don't read Avengers Arena.

Could have been Marvel's answer to Static but legal issues will cause him never to appear again

Tim Drake's new identity?

I want Shocking Suzi to come back with a less shit story.

>black character
>named Charcoal
That's moderately problematic

Her story is almost perfect, but yeah I would read more stories with her too.

>Johnny Sorrow came back just to job to Harley Quinn
This is why it's sometimes better to be forgotten

The Captain

But he did return in a one-off appearance recently

No it sucked.

They made him too powerful to use him.

>black character
>named Black Panther
Sure is.

Was this that other Aquagirl? I remember seeing her pop up in things, but I never knew how she came to be

She could breathe underwater after San Diego sank.

they wasted a perfectly good chance in the last arc of Detective Comics.
Future Tim Drake should have changed identity to Red X and not that "Savior" shit they pulled out their ass

Man she would have been a good member for the titans

Maybe he'll be seen again, but he's still criminally underappreciated

He's a fucking prick.

That's the allure dingus

Pretty much everyone in the tower of wisdom

Agent X. I miss him everyday.

Woops wrong picture.

All of the Avengers Academy kids. Possible all of the real Young Avengers aside from Kate now that Wiccan and Hulkling have been shoved aside too.

Wiccan and Hulkling will stick around, they're gay.

They even got a mission together in the Lego games. Never explicitly mentioned the relationship obviously, but it was pretty cool for them to include a gay couple in an official product marketed to kids

>promoting degeneracy in a product for kids
Kill yourself.

read scarlet spider, it is worth noting its a different guy in the suit

Problem is that Marvel has started to rapidly replace a lot of "diverse" characters they have, presumably because they can get more media attention by showing of their new "diverse" character that will be gone in six issues instead of actually doing anything worthwhile with their current ones. IIRC Wiccan and Hulkling haven't been seen since Ewing gave them an apartment, so it could affect them too if they're unlucky.

And, I mean, it happened to the Academy character Striker. He was gay and hasn't had more than a fleeting cameo appearance since the original comic was cancelled.

I do like that they got to be in the Lego game though, it makes it a little more likely that they won't be totally swept under a rug.

I miss Eli and I hope whatever legal issues get solved so he can appear again.

I swear McKeever burned bridges or something because Marvel fucked everything he did so hard

Slott's best issue ever besides that Ren & Stimpy chose your own adventure annual and Thing poker one

The Imperfects could have been the next A-List now they will never be seen again. It is not fair.

He could be Aquaman's Kraven the Hunter, and the only other villain of his that leaves at least some kind of visual impression

Livewires were cooler

I really liked the Initiative and Academy kids. At least in Limbo they can't be hurt

He needs Blue Gloves or something to round out the look. Though I guess then he would look like a Man Ray, who was a parody of Black Manta to begin with. Sad to say his minions have a more coherent and interesting appearance than he does. Maybe if you put Fisherman's head on one of the minions' bodies, that'd look good.

I loved them too, initiative was really important to me at it's time but they all ended up either dead or with nowhere for their characters to go. I don't need to see any more of Hardball or Cloud 9, you know? I would be down for more of that female Lizard tho

Came to this thread to post him. Cool guy, best costume I've ever seen.
He did actually. He was on the Young Avengers

Woodgod should have been the break out hero of the 1970s. One part Black Bolt another part High Evolutionary. With the right writer he can be legendary.

Yeah Komodo had the most growth in the cast. The Butterball issue is one of my favorite standalone issues but I'm okay with him not appearing since most writers would use him as a fat joke.

thank you for reminding me

It was practically a red and black recolor, though. And then they gave him a curly back.Toxin's first design was an original without too much complication added to it and it also had a character. Toxin's practically someone else now (the symbiote, that is).

they've actually done something similar to that

I miss them, Sup Forumsmrades.

Maybe they'll appear in the Avengers Academy game one day .

I'm still waiting for Runaways other than Nico to show up in these mobile games.

gloves/goggles is a good combo

Half of us do, quite apparently.

Well they included her in the Avengers Academy mobile game.

Chemo.

Big ol' silly monster, but goddamn his concept would freak the hell out of anyone.
Needs to come back soon.

Black Bolt should have left Medusa for her