Jeff Lemire returns to Marvel after a year to write a new THE SENTRY series

>Bob Reynolds, the mighty Sentry, is making his return to the Marvel Universe.

>Spinning out of the Sentry’s surprising appearance in Doctor Strange, writer Jeff Lemire (Moon Knight) and artist Kim Jacinto (Avengers: No Surrender) will launch a brand new Sentry series starring the powerful Marvel hero. However, this isn’t your typical superhero tale.

>“The Sentry is a fascinating character,” Lemire tells ComicBook.com “I absolutely loved the original Sentry series by Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee when it first came out, so I jumped at the chance to write the character. The Sentry has a lot of emotional depth and a lot for me to dig into in terms of the psychology of the character. He is immensely powerful and has the potential to be one of the greatest and most important heroes in the Marvel Universe, but he is constantly undermined by his own dark side and his own self-doubt.

>The Sentry’s dark side is more tangible and aggressive than most people’s. It manifests as the evil supervillain force called The Void, who seeks to undo all the good that Sentry does. Lemire hints that the Void – who is currently locked in Doctor Strange’s closet – will remain Sentry’s shadow in the new series.

>The Sentry series will pick up some time after Sentry’s appearance in Doctor Strange. “Bob will begin to reconnect with the rest of the Marvel U again,” Lemire says. “In fact, our series will start a few months after the events in Donny Cates' Doctor Strange, and Bob will already be reintegrated into the Marvel Universe a bit more.”

>Jacinto says of his visual approach to The Sentry that “We are going with the traditional Sentry look but we have some surprises in store too.” One of those twists is seeing the Sentry active in two different universes, distinguished by Jacinto’s art vacillating between “a bit clean to dark and gritty.” Jacinto says its a challenge, but “drawing different realities are fun and sometimes fun takes out the challenge.”

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20180306160549/http://comicbook.com/2018/03/05/sentry-marvel-fresh-start-jeff-lemire-kim-jacinto/
youtube.com/watch?v=3Uk7dfm0kPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Lemire has dealt with one of Marvel’s more mentally unstable character before during his run on Moon Knight, but he says the Sentry requires a different approach.

>“Well, it's is different since Sentry and Moon Knight both have very different issues,” Lemire explains. “In both cases, I wanted to craft a narrative structure that reflected those mental health issues and both series deal with multiple realities reflecting the inner landscape of the characters, so I suppose you could draw a comparison there. But The Sentry is not a retread of what I did in Moon Knight. But I did want to create a story filled with mystery and psychological depth like I did with Moon Knight.”

>The Sentry is the latest ongoing series announced as part of Marvel’s “fresh start.” Others include Tony Stark: Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther, Avengers, Thor, The Immortal Hulk, Doctor Strange, and Venom.

>The Sentry #1 goes on sale in June.

web.archive.org/web/20180306160549/http://comicbook.com/2018/03/05/sentry-marvel-fresh-start-jeff-lemire-kim-jacinto/

That sounds good.

Oh ok

No it doesn't, shill. Lemire Marcel is terrible. Only his DC work has ever been any good.

UNIRONICALLY HYPED

Are you a dc shill?

Nice, but I'm not really feeling the fact that the Void is going to be a hassle yet again. I bet 10$ something will happen it later issues that makes the heroes fear Sentry again because of the Void.

Well I must say, this sounds very promising to me. I absolutely adored Paul Jenkins's two Sentry mini-series, as well as the more recent uses of the character, and was always just saddened and infuriated by Bendis's boring, broken, useless version of the character which bore no resemblance whatsoever to what made him interesting in the original runs. It sounds to me like Lemire is planning on getting back to the character's roots, which hopefully means, as much as possible, ignoring Bendis's butchery of the characterization.

Ongoing? Interesting.

The only good work Lemire has done is the stuff he writes and draws by himself.

When's Carol.

Legitimately surprised

more people jumping the sinking DC ship

she already has a mini, that'll will probably lead to a relaunch afterwords

DC can't afford shills

>say anything remotely non-negative about something even tangibly Marvel related
>Chad senses it from across the room
>wheels himself to his PC screen
>slowly, but furiously, presses his fat fingers on the keys
>”shill gkys u shit”
>he laughs a mighty laugh
>he is content

Yes.

Are you fucking lost?

Pushing this fucking Poochie yet again? Literally "tell, don't show: the character".

>Hey guys, remember this amazing hero that was respected by everyone, super-smart, the best friend of the F4, the ONE TROO LOVE of Rogue (even though they have never interacted), the guy that was so nice that the Thing hated him because he was jealous, and so on...

>Alao, he is better than Superman because he is, like, super violent and edgy. Deep, huh?

Sounds nice

>ongoing for Poochie
>best girl only gets five issue mini

quit calling those retards chads you fucking moron

you obviously have no fucking clue what the word means

He suppose to be ironic user.

in b4 they hook up Sentry with Voyager or whatever her name is.
Or did that Avengers weekly event kill her off already?

Relax your autism user, it’s just part of the DChad meme. They’ve bought into it the whole “every writer who gets into DC gets a body makeover”, so at this point it’s just funny that they believe they, too , by association, are “Chads”. That’s the joke. Why are you being such an angry cunt? It’s been used for a couple of years now.

haha you are dumb

The two most amazing, most heroic, more well-written heroes in Marvel catalog, Sentry and Voyager, together and in love?

Please user, no. I can only get so hard.

And that would be too cruel to poor Rogue. Remember, Sentry is her one true love, they have so many amazing stories together.

The mini is to bide time before her movie. They likely want her proper relaunch to coincide with the movie so they can synergy it up and hope it doesn't crash and burn right out the gate again.

Hopefully stohl will be gone by then. Best girl deserves better than that hack.

>All these plebs itt

FUCK YEAH.

Sentry is, like, my favorite character EVER. He, likes, kills enemies and such. He is, like, Superman done right!

Look at this glorious bastard! FUCK YEAH! Heroes gotta be violent!

Consider me HYPED!

Best but not the only good work he does. The guy is a bigger workhorse than Bendis and the drop in quality happens but a lot less

Y'know, I'm not even a Marvel reader, and I still have to call bullshit on the Sentry/Rogue thing that they pulled out of thin air.

Didn't they even have two characters talking about how it literally never happened right after Rogue said it?

Where the fuck my boy Miles at?

I agree, he is better than Superman.

Damn it, Lemire! You where doing so well with your creator owned books. Why do you have to crawl back to do shitty corporate comics? I swear to fuck this better not affect Black Hammer or Royal City.

YES! He is, like, amazing and complex and well-written and violent! XD.

Look at how many classic stories Sentry has. Pussy-ass Superman can't even come close. I mean, Superman doesn't even kill his enemies brutally, haha.

YES!!!! Best Boy is Back and not written by Bendis! First his Dr. Strange team-up and now this!

Kinda cool. I feel like The Sentry can only ever go to one place, ultimately, but let's see what happens here.

This is the only surprising thing so far from marvel fresh start.

Hey, hey, hey, don't speak ill of Sentry/Rogue romance. It was done by Paul Jenkins, AKA the best writer in comic books by the virtue of having created the best character ever (Sentry).

for what fucking purpose? stupid, very stupd

>“We are going with the traditional Sentry look but we have some surprises in store too.” One of those twists is seeing the Sentry active in two different universes, distinguished by Jacinto’s art vacillating between “a bit clean to dark and gritty.” Jacinto says its a challenge, but “drawing different realities are fun and sometimes fun takes out the challenge.”

Aw shit. I loved that kush in Age of the Sentry.

Nice to see people agree with me. I'm hyped, bros.

SPIRIT BOOOOOOOOOOOMB!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=3Uk7dfm0kPw

>Disliking based Sentry
Do you hate well-written, thought-provoking stories and complex, deep characters?

slightly related, but does anyone know when Descender is supposed to end? I liked the first volume but I'm waiting on it to finish before I catch up.

His GA seems to be the same level as his meme knight and Logan.

Why would Lemiere go back after the way he was treated? Why would Marvel take Lemiere back when the first thing his did after he left was make an FF comic at DC just to spite them?

What the fuck is going on in this thread? Am I on bizarro Sup Forums?

Hell yes.

It's on its final arc.

His GA seems to be the same level as his meme knight and Logan.

Sentry is none of that

There's a lot of sarcasm and possibly 1 genuine fan that's been duped by the shitposting, I can't totally tell.

But they're manifestations of Franklin and Valeria Richards! They're siblings!

He knows that Bendis is the seed of evil and will poison DC beyond repair.

Maybe it's his evil twin brother, Jack Lemire, pretending to be Jeff, while the real Jeff is tied-up in the basement?

>Sentry isn't deep
>Sentry isn't well-written
>Sentry isn't complex
>Sentry isn't thought-provoking
Get a load of this guy!

If he wasn't all those things, why Sup Forums likes him so much? Checkmate!

>that much poe law in the post
I am too old for this shit

Hope they bring Lindy back.

Rogue is a slut and fucked magneto. Sentry isnot far-fetched by comparison

Is that cover by Brian Hitch? Man, he is getting worse every day

>Sentry has a perfect self-contained story
>bring him back three times to milk him more

>Legion has a good story that ends his narrative
>bring him back to get tvbux

It's all so tiresome.

Did they explain what happened to the death seed...

I mean I doubt it they didn't explain with dakken and reaper but I can still hope.

>>Sentry has a perfect self-contained story
>>bring him back three times to milk him more
To milk what, exactly? Sales?

Sentry? Sales?

Based Shogun has started the fire. Even Hickman and Priest are going to be Marvel exclusives soon, along with Lemire. While all DC will have left will be Tynion, Tomasi, Jurgens, Robinson, and Bendis.

>While all DC will have left will be Tynion, Tomasi, Jurgens, Robinson, and Bendis.
They just need based Grant to kick Yoshida's ass

Is Priest even doing anything at Marvel now that that Inhumans mini is over?

>Is Priest even doing anything at Marvel now that that Inhumans mini is over?
He was at the last summit with Hickman.

So you're saying, Live-Action Sentry production in the near future?

Strange found Sentry wandering around the universe after he got rid of the exploding Celestial, but desperately wishing to die because the Void was eating his brain again

He was at the Marvel writers summit. Marvel is waiting for his Deathstroke to be replaced by another Bat, Super or JL book.

Nah.

Priest went to Marvel, wrote one Inhuman story in which Medusa cucks Black Bolt with Maximus, and Marvel fans are happy with that.

It shows how sad is the situation.

He just went there for the free drinks.

He just didn't want to announce it before the official announcement.

Because Yoshida is a real editor, and will be stealing all the thunder as Cereal fraud keeps cockblocking better writers for his shitty events, keeps greenlighting his own omnibus and adaptations for more royalty, uses his position to keep his buddies employed.

Based Marvel giving us Marvel fans what we want.

First, Medusa cucking Black Bolt with everyone. Second, the return of Sentry, AKA THE most deep complex well-written thought-provoking character ever created.

What comes next? The return or the F4 with Sue Storm fucking Namor in front of Reed and getting pregnant? Can Marvel be THAT based?

Fuck off, Marvel shills. Based DC will be giving us what we want. You're just mad that DC stole your golden boy Bendis from right under your noses. #Bendisiscoming

But Grant barely cares about DC anymore. He's doing real magic at Heavy Metal

Rogue also got together with Johnny Storm, even though that was never shown on page. The southern belle goes around.

Every reboot of hers lasts less and less, so it's a given that eventually she's only able to support minis.

It will be interesting to see if Marvel will allow Bendis to do the Miles rebranding before leaving. The guy barely has sales on a book with Spider-Man in the title and Bendis name on the cover, imagine what would happen if these two factors are taken away.

>Miles sells a lot more than Captain America, Black Panther, Captain America and the likes
>"It barely has sales"

Okay. You think Sentry will sell better than Miles?

He did an interview where he said he's eager to be a part of Marvel's plans for 2018.

No, but I think that Cap and Black Panther will sell better than Spyboy or whatever Miles's new identity will be.

>Obvious trolls making a vain attempt to troll each other

Sad.

>DC's Superman is Superman
>Marvel's Superman is a violent, edgy cuckold with mental issues.
Really makes you think.

It's almost like he's a different character, I think you're on to something there.

>>best girl only gets five issue mini
Dani Moonstar is getting a mini?

Kinda funny that's how the general public views Superman these days.

>Sentry has an S on his costume
>and is really fucking strong
That's where the similarities with Superman end but autists will still bitch about it

lemire likes writing the crazy people for marvel huh

Keep moving mutielovers, this is a Carol board.

>Cates writes the first decent Sentry since the original mini
>he's not writing the new ongoing
>instead we get another middling Lemire comic
it's almost impressive how much Marvel continually disappoints me

If you had to choose between Cates' Midnight Sons and Sentry, which would you pick?

>Jenkins and Bendis went out of their way to show how Sentry was a paragon, how every Marvel hero look up to him, how he is the real reason why half of them chose to be heroes to begin with
>Jenkins went out of his way to write "Silver Age" Sentry comics basically copying and pasting Superman Silver Age comics.
>"I-It has nothing to do with Superman, guys!"
Sure.

Oh hurray, just when this power queening fuck was finally being forgotten by Sup Forums's worst queens.

It's nice to see so many anons get butthurt with the power of thousand suns.

>TFW you are more powerful than a thousand suns but isn't powerful enough to have a good story.

>Lemire

So it'll be another meandering snooze-fest from a writer known for meandering snooze-fests.

can I choose to delete Cates' Venom to get both

Fucking why
No one asked for this
No one wants this
No one needs this