Now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on Fox's X-MEN series?

Now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on Fox's X-MEN series?

It's fucking garbage and always has been. You know what happens to an X-Men movie when it's overhyped shit? The same thing that happens to every other movie that's overhyped shit.

Pure Kino

It's okay. Obviously they've been a success everytime otherwise they wouldn't keep doing films. The only thing I hate is the lack of continuity. By the end of Days of Future Past, Scott should be like a 60 year old man.

Logan was great but the speech at the end is kind of lame.

Fairly solid. There have been some dreadful movies, but all and all it's been worth having. I love that it's in its own universe. I never felt that the mutants fit in with the rest of the Marvel universe when I read comics.

X1 was ok X2 was mostly forgettable X3 pure shit.
1st Class was Ok, DOFP was pretty good, everything after was shit.

The films go from garbage to actually great. It's kind of all over the place.

The question is, how the fuck will they fit in with the MCU when the time comes? Oh by the way, mutants have been here for a while, no one thought to bring them up.

It was fine, nothing amazing nothing horrible, they worked for what they were in an era where people weren't sure how to approach super hero movies after the gay man's Batman shit kind of fucked everything up. I think the most successful thing about them is the tone and kind of wish more modern movies emulated that aspect, they were accessible enough for kids but still weren't afraid to get into moody/dark/dramatic points either, without going full grimdark.

Overall, mediocre, I still can't comprehend. They only have to manage ONE just ONE part of the universe and still can't make sense with the timeline.

The other problem is they are always way too eager on bringing Phoenix saga, they just recast in the last movie and are already going Phoenix bullshit in the next one.

There is still enough fun in the series to make it whatchable but not enough to redeem the entire thing.

X-men, 2, Deadpool and Logan were fine
First class and future past are Ok
The rest is shit, except X-3 there is no words to describe that one.

>Obviously they've been a success everytime otherwise they wouldn't keep doing films.

Only 4/10 (so far) bad-terrible films while the rest are good-great.
They launched the genre and breathed new life into it after many people felt all comic book movies were the same.
It's a shame they only now started realizing the potential of their universe when it was too late.
I hope they can at least get X-Force out before the merger

Fox
Logan, x2, DoFP and Deadpool > Good
First Class, Legion > Ok
All the other > Shit

>I hope they can at least get X-Force out before the merger

Wait, has it not been finalized already? Is there still a way out?

>he thinks the Disney-Fox merger is going through

Comcast is getting Sky now that Murdoch's been ruled inappropriate by the UK regulators

he has no reason to divest Fox any more, he'll fuck around for a while and then take the financial penalty to pulling out

good, but too much sniktbub

What was wrong with Last Stand exactly?

better than mcu for sure

it was too mcu-like, before mcu made garbage movie accepted

Squandered the Phoenix Saga and fridged Cyclops.

Mostly bad movies that are now being coveted by retards because they hate disney.

X2, Logan and DoFP are the only good ones. The rest are either really weak or genuinely horrible.

I can't wait for the super hero movie bubble to burst so Sup Forums can leave.

As a whole? Like a C-. I have to dock it points for basically centering on 3 characters the entire time while the rest equate to glorified cameos. Moreover, it never felt like the team ever really assembled, and they were afraid to do a plot that didn't focus on Charles and Erik's endless debate. Funny enough, Apocalypse was the most in the spirit of X-Men, despite being shit

>Now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on Fox's X-MEN series?
At the time it was the best Superhero movies ever done.

But it also ushered in the era of balooning budgets to the point that the money was actually hurting the movies.

More affectionate than not.

>Mostly bad movies that are now being coveted by retards because they hate disney.

Or, you know, because they always liked them? X-Men was a success, and anyone who was actually alive and of the target demo when the movies came out knew how popular they were, me and my friends had all the action figures and saw every movie.

In fact, I would say you're ass backwards, and that these movies weren't really hated until the MCU came out and that generation of kids started posting here and going "HUURRRR EVERYTHING BEFORE THE MCU WAS SHIT"

I was a grown man when the MCU came out and honestly didn't give a shit about it until Avengers which was big news.

The first X-Men has not aged well. Although if I can say anything positive about FOX's X-Men, is that pic related was god tier casting

>X3 and Wolverine Origins weren't hated
look at this underage and laugh

>and that these movies weren't really hated until the MCU came out and that generation of kids started posting here and going "HUURRRR EVERYTHING BEFORE THE MCU WAS SHIT"

Its highs were higher than the MCU's
its lows were lower than the MCU's

Origins was, and it was 100 percent because of Deadpool, I should know, when it came out and an edgy Deadpool fanboy who hated it. These days now that I don't give a shit about Deadpool, I actually like it for giving a great Sabretooth.

As for X-Men 3, I'm sure critics and old nerds hated it, I don't remember anyone my age thinking it was bad. It is not that good though, but neither is Iron Man 2 or 3, what's your point? Not every movie in a franchise has to be good for the franchise itself to be liked and as an MCU cuck, you know this more than any other fanbase on this board.

Overall bad.

The first 2 are alright, the third is garbage, but at least there's some entertainment there.

All the Wolverine movies are garbage, except for Logan, which is great, but might as well be a completely standalone movie.

The First Class line of movies is boring as hell. Some of the actors are good, but the excessive focus on JLaw drags them down terribly.

Deadpool was great.

>X-Men
A product of its time, notable for being one of the first good modern superhero movies since Burton left the Batman series

>X2
An excellent sequel, similar to how Spider-Man 2 improved on the first

>X3
A shit sequel with too much shit in it, not unlike Spider-Man 3. Not the worst though.

>X-Men Origins Wolverine
THIS is the worst. It's practically so bad it's good.

>First Class
Really solid, exactly the kind of shake-up the franchise needed.

>The Wolverine
Forgettable, but pretty decent. I'd even say fairly awesome until the climax.

>DoFP
Changes aside, another REALLY solid sequel. Literally time-wiped all the shit away.

>Deadpool
Coulda been one-note, but they did a really good job of sticking away from the Waypool random shit. A fun, enjoyable little movie that could.

>Age of Apocalypse
Complete and utter schlock; not as bad as Origins or X3, but definitely down there.

>Logan
Fucking excellent in every sense of the word. Personal tastes may differ, but this is the peak for me.

>Dark Pheonix
Ehhh, I dunno after Apocalypse. I like that they're doing cosmic shit in the 90's, but I can't see myself getting excited about it with Jennifer Lawrence bringing the whole thing down. Aside from Charles, Magneto, and Quicksilver, everyone else is bland as hell.

>New Mutants
Looks fucking weird, I'm in. But I heard they're adding an entire new character through reshoots so I'm fucking worried.

>Deadpool 2
Should be a fun time.

tl;dr
A series of terrifying lows, dizzying highs, and creamy middles.

Better than whatever bullshit Disney's going to crank out. 20 year franchise and they had only had 2 bad movies: X-Men Origins and The Last Stand. But suddenly every FoX-Men movie was shit just because they give the MCU competition. Fucking bullshit.

Attempted the scale of an Avengers movie with all the internal problems of a Justice League movie.

There's some excellent parts (whoever cast Kelsey Grammer as Beast deserves a raise and a beej), but everything it attempts to do just feels rushed.

Kinda like Spider-Man 3, it just had too much shit in it.

>X-Men 1
>X-Men fight Magneto and Evil Mutants
>Wolverine and Rogue act as our main characters

>X-Men 2
>X-Men team up with Magneto to stop Stryker
>We learn about Wolverine's origins
>Nightcrawler is introduced
>Jean Gray dies

>X3
>There's a cure for the mutant gene
>Everyone wants to get this child who can cure mutations
>Jean comes back, kills Cyclops out of nowhere because he ditched X3 for a bit role in Superman Returns
>Xavier dies
>Introduces like a dozen new mutants on each side, characterizes like none of them
>Only person with an arc is Rogue and kinda Wolverine
>Trailers made everyone think Sentinels would be involved, really it was just a single shot in the Danger Room
>I'M THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH
>Tries to have Phoenix Saga, Brotherhood, and a subplot about a cure all in the same movie
>In the end, Xavier is in a new body and Magneto gets his powers back so all that really changed is Cyclops is dead for like no reason

At what point was any X movie overhyped?

all of them were watchable. most of them were enjoyable. I'd never watch any of them a second time though.

Genuinely Well Made Tier
>Logan

Good Tier
>X2
>Days of Future Past

Solid Tier
>Deadpool
>The Wolverine

Meh Tier
>First Class (lets stop pretending that any scene without Magneto is good)

Nostalgia Prevents Me From Being Honest About Its Countless Flaws Tier
>X-men

Bad Tier
>X3: Last Stand
>Apocalypse

Oh Shit Nigger What Are You Doing Tier
>Wolverine Origins

Its a pretty mixed bag and I'm genuinely sick of how hard Sup Forums has suddenly jerked off to this interpretation since the Disney deal was rumored.

There are only 4 characters this franchise has ever done a good job with: Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier and Deadpool after another attempt when they felt like giving a shit. Rogue is a lame version of Kitty Pryde. Cyclops a is basically a cameo from X2 onward and they just made him some preppy cunt. Are we really pretending an IP that has relied on Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique for the last decade is a masterpiece now? Really? They're still doing black leather costumes for fuck sake. None of you give a shit about the Phoenix movie, admit it.

It has some of my favorite superhero films. And some of my most hated superhero films. First Class, DOFP, and Logan were the shit, while Origins Wolverine and X3 were just shit.

There've been some missteps, but overall they were fucking awesome, better than MCU and DC.
The good ones.
X2, DOFP, Logan, First Class.

You didn't like Logan? Even Wolverine goes to Japan is pretty good.

Average. Logan was TDK-tier kino and elevated itself past being a capeshit flick

I'm thinking of renting the Rouge Cut of DOFP on Amazon, is it better than the theatrical version?

Spoiler alert: they're all overhyped.

Its not better or worse. It doesn't even really change the plot. You just get more of the movie. Its kinda interesting, but ultimately pointless.

All you see is an unnecessary scene in the former mansion then Rogue taking over for Kitty. Just download, I wouldn't waste the money.

I guess I'll skip it and watch Logan again. Thanks user

MCUchode spotted at 12oclock.

No, at the latest it wont be finalized until summer 2019. It could also not be finalized at all as the Government could see it as a Monopoly, or alternitively Comcast could out bid Disney

It was hit or miss, but I really liked when they decided to stop chasing Marvel's success and try mid-budget movies that could take bigger risks like Logan and Deadpool (and New Mutants, even if I'm pessimistic it'll be good).

>the absolute state of MCUcks

GREAT
First Class, X2
GOOD
X-Men, Logan, DOFP
OK
Deadpool, The Wolverine haven't seen it, this seems like a safe place to put it
DOG-SHIT
X3, Apocalypse

>only 2 bad movies
Please tell me you haven't seen Apocalypse

Why couldn’t they have been around? Keep the numbers small, instead of in the millions, and your fine. Tying the Infinity Stones to the Celestials, and whatever Thanos does to Earth could trigger mutation to suddenly spike, giving the X-Men more of a reason to step into the light. I mean, superheroes/enhanced/whatever have only really been popping up in large numbers in the past 10 years. Earth didn’t even know about the existence of aliens until recently. Mutants shouldn’t be a big deal.

Very mixed bag. X2, First Class, DOFP, Logan and Deadpool are all good but everything else is pretty bad. Although, I will admit to liking the Japanese Wolverine movie despite the flaws and not remembering its title

Logan > FC > dofp > x2 > deadpool > the wolverine > x1 > age of apoc > wolverine origins > x3