Christopher Robin Official Teaser Trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=425M4M3Opkk
What the fuck is this abomination?

Pooh’s mouth looks odd but otherwise 10/10

This looks adorable. Can’t wait to see what Tigger, Owl, Rabbit, Kanga and Roo look like now.

Poster found

Jesus, how much we need to suffer? I'm starting to thing we are nothing but tortured souls in hell and this stuff is our eternal punishment

>from the people who brought you Beauty and the Beast [Live Action]
That’s not a good sign

It's clearly supposed to look sort of like the original toy bear the book is based on. I'll give them accuracy points.

another billion dollar movie from Based Disney

>teddy bear looks like an actual teddy bear in live action
No fucking shit.

>Disney feels THIS threatened by Paddington 2

I’m though his name was Winnie, and Pooh was just what he was

>Oh no everyone's making fun of my shitty movie better make a thread shitting on something infinitely better and more successful
Jesus fucking Christ you're a fucking pathetic shill

The abomination was obviously referring to the movie itself, not Winnie

The hell are you on about?

Christopher is just using Pooh as just another way of referring to him, in the same way someone might call you by your first name, last name or nickname in a conversation. Nothing to worry about.

There's some things in 3d animated films that should remain 2d

Jim Cumming's voice does not fit with that CGI Pooh

I felt something weird watching this, a similar feeling I had at the end of toy story 3. I wanna say it's like a sad nostalgia, thinking about toys I had as a kid and feeling a sad hollowness about how all those things I loved as a kid have been thrown away or destroyed or at best given to someone else.

lol they made him a fucking teddy bear?
what the actual fuck is he mouse smoking?

At least here they're using live action as a means to tell a compelling new story as opposed to just remaking an old one like they've been doing recently. Making Pooh and the others actual stuffed toys and having an older Christopher Robin shows this.
I'll still be cautious, but overall I'm excited. I have a lot more emotional investment in Winnie the Pooh than other Disney properties so I'll probably be a bit more hopeful for this one.

It looks good.

Both movies suck

People can hate two shitty movies at the same time, my dear anonymous.

>you must be 18 to post here

Wait, Christopher Robin hated the poo, how did they get his name and character for a movie?

Pooh was always a teddy bear, all the characters were designed to look like plush toys, it's why pooh's legs look fragmented from his body, Donkey's button on tail, the digitless hands, etc

Pooh was always a teddy bear. Why do you think he was full of stuff and fluff?

congrats on admitting you open your mouth near the anus of your sacred company.

No, all this "getting old" thing is depressing, you can make a new story and still keeping the old essence of it. This is just another completly different thing with the name of a franchise attached to it.

Which its not wrong per se, but damn it, if you want to be creative and do new things as in a new complete concept, lets say a man with troubles that regains the magic of his youth which makes him remember what matters, then do a complete new IP, and if you want to make a new story about an old thing, lets say Pooh, then respect the old thing just make the story new, not the whole concept.

heard a rumor that the movie is actually about Christopher Robin rediscovering his dream of being an all-star pitcher

I mean it's what the book implied and said he was. If you would read the damn first pages maybe you would understand.

While I understand where you're coming from, this is just a bad 3d designer at work.

this will bomb at the box office. no kid wants to see Winnie the pooh. not even nostalgia will save it

>this is a plush teddy bear according to contrarians

Yes it is, a highly stylized one. See

wrong

Based Disney doesn't bomb and everyone is already talking about how great it is

plus it's not like it has any competition

>that Eeyore
Christ, no wonder he was depressed.

Im amazed that they didnt just call it "Pooh", which would have been hilarious.

>Rounded paws
>Segmented limbs
>Fucking based on actual toys in real life
What are you stupid?

At least this looks kinda whimsical and charming, compared to Mary Poppins Returns.
Like, this feels like the kind of cute, innoffensive thing I could throw on while down with a cold or something. It doesn't make me fear for the death of film as an art form, so that's a positive when we're talking about modern Disney.

is this some kind of meme shitposting, where people pretend to be okay with something that clearly isn't , just to be contrarian? (like people on Sup Forums praising Snyder movies as the best thing ever)

I lold

>Pooh is a toy
explain this meme

There are parts of the original movie where the stuffing inside of him literally falls out and he has to retie his sewing.

Are you fucking retarded?

We're not discussing the quality of anything, we're just calling user an idiot for thinking Pooh wasn't always a teddy bear. Their way of handling the teddy bear is not in question, only user's underage idiocy.

mite b cool.

Here's your "meme"

That doesn't mean he should look like a fucking stuff teddy, you dense faggots. Just make animated.
Literally no one will see this garbage.

And in case you're still unconvinced.

This. He sounds like he's dying.

Here, have a totally acceptable hobbit

Goddamn, "since when was Pooh a toy" is some primo fucking bait.

On the one hand, the Disney live action remakes have ranged from fucking awful to just okay.
On the other, this reminds me of Hook and they did keep Jim Cummings instead of some A list celebrity.

Is there hope?

>Pooh's so stupid because Christopher Robin dragged him head-first down the stairs every day, resulting in brain damage
The child must pay.

Is the rabbit a toy too?

I certainly have some hope. They're actually doing a new story with the property just like Hook instead of just remaking it in live-action. Whether or not it's amazing is still up for debate, but I doubt it'll be a horrible mess.

>implying the first post was even bait and not just underage cartoon-watching faggotry
>implying that guy didn't get salty as fuck and is now trying to make everyone believe he was baiting all along by making obvious bait posts

I don't think he is actually. Neither is Owl by the looks of it. But Pooh, Tigger and Piglet certainly are, Roo and Joey maybe as well.

I think all of them were except maybe Owl.

My late teenage years ruined how I see Winnie the Pooh

The Disney version of Rabbit is a toy. There was an episode of the 80s show where he was mistaken for good will and sent to a store to be resold.

But when's the Bear of the Interest movie?

were you people expecting him to look like a real bear?

do people seriously not know that the winnie the pooh characters are toys?

You don't do that. You don't just take a cartoon character and CGI it into the real world as is, do you like the fucking Smurfs movie? Because that's the only level of movie that would do that. It's dumbasses like you who think that the G1 Transformers designs would work in a live action movie

On the one hand, the base design is fucking adorable, I love the idea of them looking like proper, old-timey stuffed animals.

On the other hand, that mouth effect is fucking horrible and looks like a worse version of the mouth syncing in Ted.

On the other hand, that voice is spot on and they fucking nailed Pooh's mannerisms and simple-yet-thoughtful way of speaking.

On the other hand, do we REALLY need another fucking by-the-book "overworked, neglectful father reconnects with sense of childhood mirth" story? Couldn't we have just gotten "little kid and his imaginary friends have fun adventures" story? The Pooh Bear movies have never really followed a very tight narrative structure, they just kind of hop from one vignette to another, and that's what always made them so comfy.

Fuck, they're gonna ruin Winnie the Pooh aren't they?

It's another daddy is bad because he works all day so you aren't poor movie

>Poo?

yeah, pretty much

>On the other hand, do we REALLY need another fucking by-the-book "overworked, neglectful father reconnects with sense of childhood mirth" story?

Anything that keeps us from turning into one of those Asian "literally work people to death" work cultures

>he was mistaken for good will and sent to a store to be resold.
That's definitely an episode I'd be watching with incredibly levels of anxiety as a kid.

>tfw ni kanga milf gf

Hook has a lousy story, shitty designs, and awful acting - Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook is the only thing that raises the film from crap to decent.

Thats a good point about Pooh movies. Even the 2011 one didn't really have a narrative as such.

Pooh is supposed to be comfy. Thats what he epitomizes. This movie might be alright, but it doesn't look comfy.

I expected him at the end to smash the Pooh's face with a baseball bat

what if that's the point?

It's one of only two episodes from the show I really remember. That and one where they played make believe cowboys.

>Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook
I've gone all my life without realising this. To be fair, I've only seen the movie twice in my whole life, but holy shit how did I never realise it was Hoffman under that moustache.

;_;

What would happen if you took all the stuffing out of Pooh? Would he just flop around as a limp, bear-shaped rag?

soon™

wait until you find out who Glenn Close played

>From the studio that brought you the beauty and the beast.

Yeah, no.

>The Pooh Bear movies have never really followed a very tight narrative structure, they just kind of hop from one vignette to another, and that's what always made them so comfy.
Exactly - The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh was LITERALLY that - Pooh Bear going on a couple of little adventures with the blustery day, the honey tree, and Tigger stories loosely woven together. The New Adventures show was the same way, there was no overarching plot or series arcs, just a bunch of comfy, cute stories where you could pick it up at any point in the show and not be out of the loop.

NO! NO NOT THE BOO BOX! NOT THE BOO BOX!!! NOOOOO!

>disney is disney

no shit nigga

this
new kanga impregnation lewds when?

>mfw
It's funny, I actually remember thinking there was something off about that guy, but never thought about it further.

>wait until you find out who Glenn Close played
this may not be accurate; but I always thought that they did that to have her character be a Pirate who used to be a Lost Boy. She plays a bearded Pirate that has feminine qualities that we would associate with a trans-guy today; but back then, we didn't think about that kind of gender stuff. So her feminine qualities would be seen as sort of adolescent, like her character was a Lost Boy who grew up and became a Pirate.

>people in this thread not knowing Pooh and all the others where always plush toys
jesus christ even the autistic class i teached years ago caught on faster

>"Saw this in a prescreening last week. It is utter garbage. The entire third act is in London with only Pooh, Tiger, Eeyore, and Piglet. It's a bad Paddington rip off that is an uneven mess. The shots of Pooh and friends that are finished looks great and it's a shame it's used on this film"

>shit is shit
No Disney nigga

Here are the other casting choices, Pooh and Roo are the only ones represing their roles.
>Chris O'Dowd as Tigger
>Toby Jones as Owl
>Peter Capaldi as Rabbit
>Brad Garrett as Eeyore
>Sophie Okonedo as Kanga
>Nick Mohammed as Piglet
I would say the casting changes are the only real glaring flaw besides the basic structure of the plot and Pooh's mouth

you honestly believe that bullshit?

gullible moron

More Winnie media is always good. I thought people started to forget about him.
They're baiting you, user.

>I felt something weird watching this, a similar feeling I had at the end of toy story 3. I wanna say it's like a sad nostalgia, thinking about toys I had as a kid and feeling a sad hollowness about how all those things I loved as a kid have been thrown away or destroyed or at best given to someone else.

This

>Jim Cummings voicing Pooh
Oh shit that's a nice surprise. I expected it to be some shitty actor or James Corden

>Literally no one will see this garbage

They released the last Pooh movie in barely any theatres, with nearly no advertising, on the same day as the final Harry Potter and it still made twice its budget.

>Jim is voicing Pooh but not Tigger

For what purpose? Also lol at Piglet being played by a guy called Mohammed.