How different would Spider-man's character and history be if he was part of the DC universe?

How different would Spider-man's character and history be if he was part of the DC universe?
Which superheroes would he be close with?
Which superpowered female(s) would have been his love interest(s)?
How would've key moments in his storyline have played out, if at all?(Ben's death, Stacys' deaths, marriage, clones, OMD, etc etc)
What would've happened to him during key moments in DC history?

Other urls found in this thread:

pjfarmer.com/secret/marvelous/spider.htm
pjfarmer.com/secret/Luthors/scotty.htm
monstaah.angelfire.com/woldnewtonbeyond/hawkman-in-the-wnu.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

These threads are always fun

Batman would mostly see him as the annoying neighborhood kid that his kids hang out with, Oeter would probably be best friends with Dick, and rivals with Wally, he was never an actual member of the Teen Titans, but they have had team ups.

Mysterio and Clayface knew each other before becoming criminals, Quentin was the special effects guy on the first two movies that made Basil famous. Teaming up they are a dangerous pair

The serums that made The Lizard and Man-Bat are remarkably similar because both doctors worked on the base formula before pursuing other experiments

Man this sounds great. I didn't even consider the fact that Peter would be the same age as Dick and Wally. Your post just makes me want it even more.

We usually have the same discussions so I'll put up a different idea for a twist:

You know how Post-COIE they set up an idea that the Justice Society, Freedom Fighters, etc were around in the 40's, and Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman debuted in contemporary times? And they still kept that all the way till Flashpoint? What happens if Spider-Man were placed in the 1960's timeline of the DCU? Does the JSA come out of retirement earlier or do the public's lack of knowledge about Spider-Man work against him, and the JSA holds back because they don't feel the time is right for superhero return?

If you’ll allow me to writefag a bit

>Uncle Ben used to take Peter to see The Flying Graysons when he was little, he was a huge fan of Dick because at the time he was a boy, just like him
>Robin/Nightwing vouches for Spidey most of the time despite what various newspapers happen to write about him
>Barbra Gordon doesn’t really like MJ because she one dressed up as Batgirl for a costume party and filled out the costume better than the real deal
>Oscorp and Wayne Inc have been battling for years, infact, their rivalry is one of the billers of the economy of their cities

Hmmm, Peter predates Barbara Gordon

They'd probably have been hooked up by editorial for sales and would be a fondly remembered pairing

Barbara and Peter would have been married for another sales boost at some point

If we assume in this world the Killing Joke still happens an Oracle/Spider-Man combo would be one of the most unstoppable crimefighting teams in comics

From a meta idea, I think people would consider Jimmy Olsen the protoype for Peter and Jimmy would fade into the background while Peter becoming kind of a tangentel Superman/Batman character who goes between both worlds. There would have been a storyline about Peter finally finding out Clark is Superman. Nightwing and him would start out as rivals who become close friends. I think it would benefit Miles better too because then he can become a modern titans member who can bounce off character better.

DC does legacy better, so Miles would have a lot better shoulders to stand on when he debuts. Additionally, if we keep what made Spiderman so popular around the world, he'd end up a Justice League member, probably as a junior or youth member who takes the spot of the 'kid' on the team. If Batman has no problem showing up on a team with gods like Superman, then Peter can probably step up as well with something like Spider Totem taking the place of Prep Work.

Peter would be in the Titans, no doubt. I like the Mysterio and Clayface connect. It's practical effects of mud sculpting and CGI from illusions basically. Both can make anything happen, so there's no way to know what's real

I figured you guys might want to take a look at this.
pjfarmer.com/secret/marvelous/spider.htm

It's essentially an article trying to fit Spider-Man into the Wold Newton universe (the world's largest and oldest crackfic).
There are some parts in here that go over crossovers with Batman, Superman, and etc, since it basically treats all fiction as part of the same universe.

Some ideas from there would be interesting to use but others are a bit too out there.

That's usually how it goes with Wold Newton theories.
Anything goes regardless of how stupid or how far you'd have to reach to make that conclusion, as long as you provide at least some reasoning.

Personally I like the idea of Peter living in the same world as The Spider and taking inspiration from the former but choosing to not utilize his bloodthirsty methods and costume but falling into them in harsh times. It's a neat concept for an alternate universe take on Spider-Man.

One Year Later, Aunt May would be dying in the hospital, he and MJ would have had a kid and his application to join the Justice League has finally been approved. N52 would then regress him back to single and in college.

>Anything goes regardless of how stupid or how far you'd have to reach to make that conclusion, as long as you provide at least some reasoning.

Yeah I think that's why I find it more interesting than the usual fanfic, that and the fact they try to incorporate a lot of stuff, more than just only mashing whatever's popular from current movie and TV together. Like even in that link alone it was incorporating in The Spider pulps (and even using Truman's alternate universe Spider comic as half-fictionalized accounts of this universe's Scarlet Spider), Emily Pollifax, Men in Black, Farmer's A Feast Unknown, some DC stuff, The Avenger pulps, Don Winslow of the Navy and other things.

I think the most insane idea in that essay is the idea of Gwen Stacy becoming Black Cat AND Silver Sable. Oh, and she marries Peter. Eventually though I don't think any of the ideas in that essay got used in the Wold Newton timeline anyway.

>spider-man would be a recurring ttg character.

>Eventually though I don't think any of the ideas in that essay got used in the Wold Newton timeline anyway.
I mean the "Wold Newton timeline" is basically just what's on PJF's website and it's quite outdated. And it's not like his word was absolute on what goes and what doesn't.
>I think the most insane idea in that essay is the idea of Gwen Stacy becoming Black Cat AND Silver Sable. Oh, and she marries Peter.
I thought the craziest one was Peter Parker actually being not just Spider-Man but also The Spider as well as The Punisher.
But the Spider-Man section is overall quite tame compared to the others (it's not like Spider-Man's actual canon isn't full of ridiculous bullshit).

The other pages have gems like The Kingpin being actually named Alexis Luther and being a clone of Lex Luthor made by his brother the Ultra-Humanite who got super fat and escaped and was responsible for capturing Edward Hyde and mutating him into becoming Doomsday and then killing Superman.

>I mean the "Wold Newton timeline" is basically just what's on PJF's website and it's quite outdated. And it's not like his word was absolute on what goes and what doesn't.

It is but I like that it's an ongoing process. Besides, PJF just did the family tree (and the Tarzan and Doc Savage stuff), Win Scott Ekert, Dennis Power, and a lot of others were the ones who used that as a springboard for the crossover timeline.

>I thought the craziest one was Peter Parker actually being not just Spider-Man but also The Spider as well as The Punisher.

I would've said that but I think the Gwen one edges it out to me only because sometimes I post up the idea of Gwen being Felicia as a joke on Sup Forums. I didn't expect anyone to have played that straight and go further with it.

>The other pages have gems like The Kingpin being actually named Alexis Luther and being a clone of Lex Luthor made by his brother the Ultra-Humanite who got super fat and escaped and was responsible for capturing Edward Hyde and mutating him into becoming Doomsday and then killing Superman.

The entire Luthor thing was vastly insane. It was using not only Golden and Silver Age Luthors on the family tree and not just Kingpin combined with Byrne Luthor as Alexis Luthor as you mentioned, but also had Daddy Warbucks, Austin Powers, and Dr. Evil on it.

I think the craziest of those is the idea that Scott Evil went back in time to become Per Degaton in between when he wasn't balding and when he was balding. Not only that but his time as Per Degaton is based off of the Pre-COIE Degaton stories, and the Crime Syndicate he teams up with is an alternate Earth version of Thomas Wayne Sr as Owlman, Johnny (from Doc Savage) as Johnny Quick, and Kent Allard as Power Ring.

So the general idea for Wold Newton is maximizing the density of connections, like there can't be multiple people with spider-motifs, platinum blonde hair, or bald without there being any connections?

I think the main "rules" if you can call it that are the following:
-The universe has to be close to reality. Even though it has things like The Shadow, Nightmare on Elm Street, Ghostbusters, Superman, Spider-Man, War of the Worlds, Tarzan, the vast majority of the world doesn't believe in the supernatural because it's not a common occurance. Like for instance for this timeline most of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is canon, except for when vampires became public knowledge in the comic.
-There aren't that many superheroes. This is mainly done not to turn it into yet another Marvel or DC universe, so they're gonna try to limit the number of superheroes running around.
-Once stuff is in the timeline, subsequent stuff can only be added if it doesn't contradict what they've set, or someone comes up with a plausible explanation.

Sometimes rules get bent though.

I think, ultimately, a lot of Spider-man's adventures would be fairly similar because Spidey's defined for most of his run as a fairly intense loner. He teams up all the time, but he never really sticks around and has an obsessive protectiveness of his secret identity to rival Batman's or 50s Superman's.

Which DC heroes know would be a big deal; I actually think Batman shouldnt, maybe in a mirror of his and Gordon's thing, Bruce could find out but ultimately lets Peter have his privacy out of respect. Clark knows from their first team up because Doctor Octopus trapped them in a tiny room full of deadly gas or something, and sort of serves both Cap and Matt's role as an older hero Peter vents to occasionally.

How Spidey eventually opens up and fully joins the hero community would probably be very different, since the DC heroes are (slightly) less contentious than the Marvel set and the government (slightly) less criminally incompetent.

He probably would've died during the 90s

He would have a rivalry with Blue Beetle. Just petty pissing contests where 2 bugs try to prove which is the better hero, getting on each others nerves

>and Kent Allard as Power Ring.
Wait WHAT.
I must have missed this.

Pretty much.
The basic gist of Wold Newton is that Phillip Jose Farmer wrote the biographies of Tarzan and Doc Savage as if they were real people with fictionalized exploits, and he wanted them to be related so he made up the theory that they, as well as a shitload of other fictional characters, are related by blood in some huge family tree, and that the Wold Newton meteor strike ended up causing genetic mutations on those passing by (and these people were the ancestors of the characters).
Then, other people started joining in and the Wold Newton family became the Wold Newton Universe, with pages and pages of timelines and elaborate fan theories for what was essentially crack fanfiction before such a thing even existed.
They have a few rules set in place but they tend to be broken. Like the "Captain Nemo is James Moriarty" theory created by PJF but was heavily discussed and contradicted by nearly everyone who later included Nemo in their writings.

I mean it's way more fun to have Nemo and Moriarty team up anyway.

Also I feel like, just like in Marvel, despite being too young for it Peter's "peers" should be the main generation of heroes. Maybe a few of the kids he hangs out with, but by and large Spidey is also defined by being too big for his spandex britches. This is a dude who broke into the Fantastic Four's pad for a job interview.

Which isn't to say that a like aged friend wouldn't be appropriate, Johnny's a big deal, and Dick'd do the job. Or maybe someone even more strange, like Beast Boy or someone who CAN'T hide from the super-powered life and is level headed enough to tell Peter when he's being a drama queen again.

>Wait WHAT.
>I must have missed this

It's in the write-up about Scott Evil:
pjfarmer.com/secret/Luthors/scotty.htm

Also in this idea, The Crime Syndicate (here called the Syndicate) were originally led by Doc Savage, and outright says that the Syndicate is basically this Savage's version of the Fabulous Five (even if only Johnny is the one of the real Five that has a doppelganger on this team). The description for this version of Savage is based on the old comics and radio show where he had a blue hood with a ruby that gave him powers.

Kyle/Peter team-up back when Kyle was living in NY and he was part of the JL

>Which DC heroes know would be a big deal; I actually think Batman shouldnt, maybe in a mirror of his and Gordon's thing, Bruce could find out but ultimately lets Peter have his privacy out of respect.

I could definitely see this with a Batman from the 1940's all the way to the mid-1990's. Prep-time Batman I think would make it his business to know, and I think mid-00's DC when everyone seemed to know almost everyone's identity I think most all the heroes would know Peter is Spider-Man by then, and in turn he'd know their identities.

That's actually a great idea
Why Spidey fits the DC Universe so well? Is there any other Marvel that does it too? And any DC hero in Marvelverse?

>I mean the "Wold Newton timeline" is basically just what's on PJF's website and it's quite outdated.

It's mainly because Eckert at the time was going to publish two books in 2010 with a more updated timeline with additions not on the site (Thor/Conan issue of What If, Dick Tracy comic strips, etc) and removals (Godzilla at World's End got removed because by the end of the book it drastically changed the world). Then after that Sean Levin started up a Crossover Universe blog as a continuation, and he published two supplemental books just two years ago and then decided to take a break from this.

Captain America could fit in (and he kinda does, even though DC can't officially say it, the Batman/Captain America crossover takes place in the Generations universe/Earth-38; it was something Byrne said was the case).

Out of all the Godzillas to pick, he chose the Marc Cerasini novels?

I mean don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them and I'm still really sad Godzilla and the Lost Continent will never be published, but it seems like an odd choice.

monstaah.angelfire.com/woldnewtonbeyond/hawkman-in-the-wnu.html
I dare any of you to try and make sense out of this and sum it up.

I mean, it IS Hawkman we're talking about, isn't that traditional?

It was initially in their timeline because of the connection to Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness. Remember that part of the game with this is to find stuff that has connections to other stuff already on the timeline and doesn't completely contradict it.

This could take a while.

Or for further example:

Marz and Kordey's Batman/Tarzan Elseworlds is included in this timeline because Batman met Tarzan (who's on Farmer's Wold Newton Family Tree). This created a "rule" that Bruce Wayne was Batman during the 30's like the Golden Age version.

Now Comics' Sting of the Green Hornet got included in the timeline because the Green Hornet and Kato met a guy who's implied to be The Shadow in disguise, and Shadow was also on that Wold Newton Family Tree. This Green Hornet miniseries also indirectly brings in Captain America because it involve Hornet investigating something that happened to a science project that's obviously supposed to be the super soldier project (only in this one, it's implied Cap wasn't the only guy who was part of the experiment; he got the full treatment while the other guy got half of Cap's abilities because the project got sabotaged after Rogers got the complete serum).

In turn Byrne's Batman/Captain America got included because it used a Bruce Wayne who would be Batman during the 30's and 40's, and also Captain America, who indirectly got included due to the Green Hornet mini. And this brought in the idea (shown in the epilogue) that Bruce retired in the late 50's and Dick became Batman. However, the rest of Generations is ignored; according to them Dick remains as Batman all the way to the late 70's and Bruce Wayne Jr takes over as Batman. The implication by other stuff added to the timeline is that Dick Grayson as Batman was the one who teamed with the Green Hornet and Kato in the 60's TV show and also teamed-up with Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Inc gang in those 70's episodes.

Roberson's Masks comic and Uslan's Shadow/Green Hornet miniseries couldn't be included because they ended up contradicting too much that got established by the timeline years ago.

Would Rebirth restore that?

villain vs villain story where Stegron, Lizard and Sauron Attack Gorilla City under Grodd’s rule

The way I see it, a lot of this depends on which version of Spider-Man you want to use, and also where you put his history in the DC timeline. But if we make him contemporaries with Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Barry Allen, Wally West, etc:

Like said Spider-Man was an intense loner most of his career. It's not really until the 00's when he's a full-on member of the Avengers.
He'd probably be friends with Superman and Jimmy Olsen (as seen in the two Superman/Spider-Man crossovers). Probably Dick Grayson, too.
Original/New Titans would be his contemporaries and in some ways also fill the role of the New Warriors.
Vigilante/Adrian Chase would take the place of Punisher. It wouldn't work the same way because Vigilante and Punisher are different characters; Adrian is more unsure about his actions while Punisher is usually confident about his mission.
Since the JSA is headquartered in New York they may take the place of the Avengers for him. He may also team up with the Golden Age Sandman, Wesley Dodds and his successor Sandy sometimes, because of the fact he has a villain named Sandman.
In extreme situations (like say imagine a situation similar to Revenge of the Sinister Six or Millar's Spider-Man run with the Sinister Sixteen) he'd have to call upon the Titans and JSA.
If you assume Peter is Spider-Man long before Kyle got his ring, then Peter is whom Kyle talks to after Alex Dewitt got fridged.

Wasn't there some storyline where a bunch of marvel characters got dumped into DC Land and then Quicksilver flips his shit about the Flash having a fucking museum about him?

Dude if Killing Joke happens Spidey would fuck so much shit up in one of those "I'm too angry to actually hold back" kind of scenarios, and Batman would have to deal with putting him out before he kills the Joker or some shit.
Actually now that I think about it Joker and Spiderman might have some good chemistry against each other, he could use quips to throw the Joker off since that's one of his weaknesses.

That was JLA/Avengers

Jacen Todd's ends up wearing the Carnage symbiote.

Man, I wish Marvel and DC did crossovers like that again.

>this thread

>>Barbra Gordon doesn’t really like MJ because she one dressed up as Batgirl for a costume party and filled out the costume better than the real deal
Every time we have a thread about Marvel/DC sharing continuity or something this is the one that always seems to come up and I don't understand why

Because a vast majority of people stan MJ and also like to see Barb get shit on

It will bring Aunt May to semi decent health but fail to go to MJ because she would be dating a resurrected Harry Osborn. Gwen would be resurrected as well though so he would gravitate towards her instead. After Wally restores his memories, Petey would then go slightly crazy for a while.