There will never be a Neuromancer cartoon

>There will never be a Neuromancer cartoon.
It hurts, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8WVE47X57qQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

According to the FAQ there was one.

That looks generic as fuck, and not the least Neuromancer.

Can I ask whose designs these are?

file name

Filenames are important.

Now it is just painful to watch.

Stay mad.

Everybody looks like they fell through a thrift store.

>Stay mad.
I'm laughing my ass off, why would I be mad?

>Everybody looks like they fell through a thrift store.
Gee, user, why is that? Do you think it's because Neuromancer is a book from the '80s?

There is no point in arguing with such a retarded logic.
No wonder the designs are shit.

I'm an idiot.
Thanks!

Neuromancer was only good if you like drugs and bullshit.

I think Snowcrash being adapted would be fun for over the top kind of stuff.

Normalfags ain't ready for Snow Crash.

You are mentally incompetent and should not be allowed on a computer without constant supervision.

>THE BULL AND THE BEAR, THE BULL AND THE BEAR, THE BULL AND THE BEAR

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8WVE47X57qQ
wikipedia thinks this is relevant

Neuromancer is the most boring generic shit on Earth. it's only notable for starting cyberpunk and it's been since surpassed by everyone.

I mean, it was actually pretty solid. Although most of the shorts blow it out of the water. I like the one where some kid causes a war vet to have a nervous breakdown over a videogame.

also, the problem with setting the format is seeming derivative to yourself in retrospect. The later books climbed

into it's ass though

Convince me to finish the book. I'm like, 30 pages in or so and so far, it's alright.

i LOVE cyberpunk and i hated this book.

the only thing the protagonist do for the whole book is complain, try to get high and push ONE button to hack a thing.

im glad it exist, it created a fun type of universe but fuck this story in particular.

I say finish it, even if you end up not liking it. It's the granddaddy of the genre, after all.

I read an interview with Gibson where he said that one of the major issues that he had with Neuromancer in hindsight was that the characters were so one-dimensional.

True. But still cyberpunk for me remains that one genre I love in theory, but not in execution. I found Neuromancer painfully mediocre, but the same is true for every other cyberpunk story I've read, watched, or played.

Do you think that's a fault of the subgenre or are people relying on tropes too mycj?

*much

Post more Neuromancer art please

I honestly don't know. I enjoy the style and atmosphere very much, but as far as writing goes I just don't think the genre had ever been tackled by anyone particularly talented. Cyberpunk is a niche genre, it has a dozen or so well-known works, but it's not like say, hard science fiction, that is bound to produce something good every once in a while through sheer numbers.

I see what you mean. I still love it for what it is. I don't expect master works, just stories.

WHO ARE YOU THAT DO NOT KNOW YOUR HISTORY

>[Muffled dub playing in backgroud]

Would you a Molly?

Nah. But I would a Linda. Or Wintermute.