Admit it, this is the peak of CGI/Live Action cash grabs based on nostalgia of an old cartoon

Admit it, this is the peak of CGI/Live Action cash grabs based on nostalgia of an old cartoon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QepaSw6w5bs
youtube.com/watch?v=68Cqvoyiic0
youtube.com/watch?v=fKqZ1Sv4aX0
youtube.com/watch?v=vMED7GERpeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TBr1ebmBjME
youtu.be/K8OJ5HoodO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

IMO those two movies were actually good

Can't say the same about the CN movies

Also, the live action Flintstones was cool too

>nostalgia

Scooby Doo never went away though.

Scooby punching Scrappy was the highlight of my childhood.

yeah, but my genuine unironic love for the franchise did

Uh, you'd be wrong, friend

Man I loved that cast, Buffy Daphne and hot Velma.

I still want a special edition with this included

youtube.com/watch?v=QepaSw6w5bs

And they got the actor who played Shaggy to voice the character in the cartoon after Kassem retired.

*Blocks your path*

Matthew Lillard is seriously underrated
He could play the perfect Riddler

>who's your mommy?

He did a voice a character in a Batman cartoon but yeah he’d make a great Riddler.

lesbo here.
I'm not sure whether I wanted more to be Cardellini Velma, to care care of Cardellini Velma, or to get with Cardellini Velma. She leaves everything else about those movies completely in the shade.

>los monstruos sueltos
oh yeah the dreamers

Tar Monster had such a cool design in this movie. So did the black knight ghost.

Hot Dog Water

what's this now

Hey now, that movie was actually pretty decent.

youtube.com/watch?v=68Cqvoyiic0

I always wonder if this would had been good if they stuck with the original adult oriented script.

I'm still mad that the first movie had Shaggy suggest leaving his friends behind to die, which is ridiculously out of character for him. And then the second movie never resolved the subplot where Shag and Scoob get depressed when they hear the rest of the gang call them fuck ups. And then it ends with a fucking dance party.

There's more problems with those movies, but I'd actually have to rewatch these pieces of shit to remember.

It had an awesome trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fKqZ1Sv4aX0

>I'm still mad that the first movie had Shaggy suggest leaving his friends behind to die

This bugged the crap out of me

>the second movie never resolved the subplot where Shag and Scoob get depressed when they hear the rest of the gang call them fuck ups
i thought that kind of got resolved when they saved the day at the end and stopped all the monsters.

God I miss Don LaFontaine in movie trailers so much.

But Fred, Daph and Velma never apologized for being dicks in the first place.

>tfw unironically love this retarded rap written about Scooby Doo
youtube.com/watch?v=vMED7GERpeQ

I'm just annoyed they never had one of those scenes where they go through different doors lined up along a hallway. During the commentary for the first movie the actors said they wanted to do one in the second film but I guess the writers didn't like the idea.

What?
I know about the deleted scene with the dancing on the piano but what else was there?

The casting for this movie was legitimately the best I've ever seen. I can't imagine anyone else playing these characters.

DuJour means friendship

James Gunn kino right there

melvin doo?

it's so good that shaggy's actor now voices shaggy in the cartoons

Best Velma.

>MF Doom sampled Scooby Doo music in a song
youtube.com/watch?v=TBr1ebmBjME

Your both wrong.
youtu.be/K8OJ5HoodO0

yes please!

Not really nostalgia based when the old cartoon was still running when it came out.

So was What's New Scooby Doo in 2002.

And I remember the Cyber Chase and Zombie Island coming out a year or two before

>regularly hang out with Matthew Lillard since I've been friends with his girlfriend since grade school
>I didn't even meet him until after he was cemented into my brain as the perfect Shaggy
>He's equally chill and funny in real life

I think by nostalgia they were referring to nostalgia for the original show.

The script was written by James Gunn before he was the Guardians of the Galaxy guy, back when he was the gross-ass Troma guy.

That's actually so cool that there's nothing that can stop me from enjoying it. Plus Matthew Lillard is actually a pretty good Shaggy.

I actually love this movie, just because apparently on the set Freddie Prinze Jr belted Buffy straight in the face because he has some sleep disorder and was very tired and irritable, and she was talking shit about something, so he just lost it and smacked her.

>friends with his girlfriend
he's been married since 2000, my man.

Also the casting for these movies are fucking GOAT.
Everyone is perfect for their roles, especially Matthew Lillard.

No joke, Rocky & Bullwinkle was as good as a CG/live hybrid could be.

>hurr durr scrappy was so shit, tvtrope said so

Fuck you and fuck this movie

The early 00s were a weird time

or maybe he was annoying and unfunny?

RIGHT IN THE ROUND TABLES

It was a different time. The time of Bomb Scares, Red Scares, and Big Fear of Nuclear Fire. You 80's fegs NEEDED a rough and tough character. Hence all the big action movies. Kids need it too. So Scrappy came about as the kid of the team who was always ready to fight. He was an ideal for kids. And you threw him away. Threw him away for.... Flim Flam.

I always liked 2 over 1 because of that one scene where they take different potions and transform into some shit and Shaggy transforms into a girl

uhh.. thaanks for the info?

what other girls you lust after?

Even NC thinks so

There was a part were Velma says she always liked their "Go with the flow" attitude.

That's as far the resolution went.

A discarded version of the opening credits from the first movie. It's in the DVD extras alongside all the deleted scenes.

>That one robot chiken skit where they use the cast from the first two scooby doo movies
shocked me

my first fap