What does Sup Forums think of mark millar

Millar is easily the most consistently entertaining writer in comics, regardless of the actual quality of his work.

man writes entertaining books.
not really good books, but entertaining.

also great artists like working with him.

He's certainly up there with Moore in the liking rape department

Cool guy, despite what Sup Forums virgins say, like this little cunt:

He doesn't write comics. He writes movie pitches.

I liked Marvel 1985

This

Sup Forums and mark miller is a really abuse marital relation

Hack

he's the best
>call a book The Unfunnies
>it isn't funny

>reeee he's moar successful than muhh Morrison

Oh, hi Mark

The crow was sucking dick for a reason.

He's Garth Ennis without the ideological conviction and an even more juvenile sense of humor.

His works vary from edgy garbage to bland movie/tv pitches. The amount of books written by him that I've legitimately enjoyed can be counted on one hand and I've read most of his bibliography.

I'd say Garth Ennis without the talent and his worst qualities multiplied since at least Ennis has some legitimately great books under his belt like Preacher, Hitman, and Punisher MAX.

>and I've read most of his bibliography.
The why do you force yourself to read shit you don't like?

Because I'm still trying to wrap my head around how people can enjoy his shit. It's not like I read them through all the time either, I usually stop with his longer comics when it becomes apparent that I'm not enjoying it. Millar is insidious since he manages to rope in really good artists for his comic to disguise his mediocre writing in a pretty package.

Do you like kick ass?

Not really, I thought the movie was better.

I liked some of his comic books, but he's an obnoxious liberal dipshit and I say this as a leftist. I mean he makes Bendis look tame. We're talking Gabby Rivera tier shit

>Not really, I thought the movie was better.
Mark Millars' bibliography in a nutshell.

Tell me what is bad about the book in 30 words or less

Kickass is one of Millar's transitional comics from edgy shit to bland movie adaptions. I don't really hate it, I just thought the movies had more genuine emotion and was overall a much better product.

How do you feel about this.

There's a reason it's part of Sup Forums's storytime of pain, that's all I'm going to say.

Where is the thread

>What is Superman Red Son
>What is The Authority

Search it on the archive, that stuff happened months ago.

i hate everything he does

Seriously that Kingsmen movie was fucking awful but everyone praising it like it'shot shit

A book for brainlets

SoP happens during SDCC you fucking newfag

Sorry my rage blinded me meant for not

one of the best funny book writers of the past 20 years

One of the most overrated comic writers of all time. Even his "good" stuff is overly edgy garbage, and in turn has made some of the worst comics ever published. The only comics he's done I've legitimately liked are Swamp Thing and Starlight.

Why do so many people like Starlight anyway? It's basically just "what if Flash Gordon had a midlife crisis?" It doesn't really do anything beyond that basic concept and that's pretty much the description of the whole story condensed into a few words. I guess it's better than his other Image stuff, Reborn and Empress actively pissed me off in how lazy their world-building and plot progression were so I guess Grandpa Flash Gordon is kind of a step up in that regard. Huck kind of suffers from the same problem where it's just "what if Superman was kind of retarded?" for the most part.

Huck was so shitty. It's blander than all the comics from DC Rebirth combined. His Jupiter comic with Quietly was such a waste of Quietly.

fags don't even know about his superman TAS comics he wrote which are top tier

he's pretty good writer when he wants to be, but why bother, he owns his own shit and gets big checks at Fox, can't fault him for hitting the jackpot

I have it on good authority he licks goats

hack

>Talking shit about Red Son
If I ever found you I'll beat the shit out of you.

Superior was GOAT and it gave me a case of the FEELS.

Starlight was extremely cardboard, but it had some charm, mostly coming from an old hero reliving his glory days.

hating Millar is soooo reddit

>he's pretty good writer when he wants to be, but why bother
Not being shit is its own reward for a lot of people. Imagine being not shit AND making money with it.
Not that he'd know.

Isn't it a ripoff of a Gaiman comic or something?