Been reading ASM, just got to his college graduation

>been reading ASM, just got to his college graduation
>decide to check out Slott's run because it's ending soon
>read this
>Peter is somehow less mature than when he was a fucking college student

I knew people hated Slott but I didn't know it was this bad. I can't imagine Spencer would be much worse than this.

There's plenty of reasons to hate Slott. The man was able to ruin a story where Spider-Man has to team up with a multiverse of other spider people.

Any other tie in not written by Slott was actually good though.

>>Peter is somehow less mature than when he was a fucking college student

I was really fucking surprised no major reviewer at the time ever brought this up.

I stopped reading ASM sometime durring Bagley's initial stint. I had started with Stern. So I missed the 90s clone saga and OMD, Brand new day, all that shit. I started reading again because Superior was getting hyped. Nothing I've read recently equals the Stern run. Even the Michelinie run was reasonable.

the truth skips all slott's run , literally you will only suffer, start reading the spencer's run when it comes out, at least for sure it will be entertained for ottley art

This is what happens when a character's story is published by various writers over the course of 55 years

I don't think anyone is arguing against that or is surprised, brother. OP is just hoping we don't get more Slott-grade frufru

>I was really fucking surprised no major reviewer at the time ever brought this up.

name one major reviewer whose opinions Marvel/DC give a fucking shit about.

I can accept OMD coming down the line but not if Peter is characterized from that point on as a manchild.

To be fair, BND was more of a group effort. Not just Slott's solo run. Slott's solo run begins during Big Time.

The post-Clone Saga pre-reboot era was better than I remember it being. Maybe because the new shit soured me on Spider-man and I just wanted to read the older stuff back when they cared about him. The Hobgoblin Lives trade paperback is really fucking good. Roger Stern needs to return and fix this character.

It's an underrated point of Spider-Man's history, mainly because a lot of people bailed due to the Clone Saga.

The last 10 years of Amazing Spider-Man (and most 616 Spider-Man stories) are mostly an astounding disgrace. I think about the only writers on Amazing Spider-Man in the last 10 years that did decent-to-good were Stern and Conway.

I got into comics at the tail end of the Clone Saga and was soon treated to that Spider-man era. Marvel needs to reprint many of those titles in trade paperbacks, especially the Spectacular and Amazing runs when Osborn took over the Bugle. God, I miss good Spider-man stories...

At the time I was really annoyed with the comics at the time because I felt they should've kept Osborn dead.

But in retrospect it was like 500% better than Byrne era or the BND/Slott era.

Exactly. The only other time Spider-man comics were any good between then and now was the first half of JMS's run, which was when JRJR left the book. I can honestly say the character has never been the same to me since OMD.

Reminder that Slott got his jollies from shitposting fans on Twitter.

I wonder why his Twitter is deactivated.

he probably won't be worse than Slott, but Spencer always finds ways to disappoint

Welcome to our hell

Just read Sideways instead.

Eh, Spider-Man and the X-men was harmless

I like those years. Until they "kill" MJ and everything goes to hell again with stand ups included.

Whatever happened to Jil Stacy though? I didnt mind her friendship with MJ

You don't mature when you are in college.

95% of content made at Marvel after the death of Gruenwald may as well be fanfiction.