Why is this show so adored here?

It's good

fpbp

/thread

this

This first post which is the best post. /thread

based

I miss WB Saturday morning cartoons

>tfw if this show came out today, Sup Forums would dismiss it as forced diversity tubmlr sjw shit

So much

90s were so great to be a kid

Times have changed, the 90s were pure. This new era is retarded.

Static and Gear clean up a city full of super powered gang bangers and they are not on the justice league?

because it's good

They saved the Justice League from Brainiac too. Guess they were still too young, which is weird considering how open they were to new recruits in JLU

They're teenagers, they're still going to school. And Bruce said Static could be in the Justice League later. And he ended up being in the Justice League.

WHY is it good?

WHAT makes you say it's good?

OP here. Obviously you think the show is good, since you adore it. I'm asking you to explain WHY.

Now, either admit that assessing your opinions from their foundations upward is too intellectual a task for you and get the FUCK out of my thread, or stay and explain WHY you think this show is good.

It's a terrible post. Shut the fuck up.

It was realistic for a superhero show. Had heart.

It was released in the 2000s.

Why didn't they make Hotstreak a racist like in the comics?

Fine then, the last 10 years have sucked dick.

Jesus Christ. You're such an intellectual person, I don't think that I could ever compete. I mean, shit you must be up to season 6 of Rick and Morty, you're I.Q. is so high.

Well, faggot, have you even watched the show? You haven't even told us your thoughts on it. You can't form an opinion on something without running to Sup Forums to either validate or refute it?

What makes you think OP isn't trying to do that right now?

I don't consider myself an intellectual. However, I DID NOT make this thread so I could get one, dipshit intellectually deficient reply saying "it's good" followed by 2 dozen more people saying "this" or "fpbp" or "/thread."

If "it's good" is the kind of reply I was looking for, I wouldn't have bothered to even make thread. Ever thing about that, dipshit? Ever consider WHY a person might ask a question like that?

IT'S BECAUSE WE WANT AN ACTUAL EXPLANATION. FUCK. DON'T ACT LIKE I'M ASKING FOR A LOT EITHER WHEN A SIMPLE, 2 SENTENCE RESPONSE LIKE THIS IS ENOUGH.

This is all a ruse to get you watch the show. It's really bad. We're just trying to fool you into watching it.

Damn, you sure got us.

1. Learn to type

2. Stop being a massive autist

3. Watch the show, and make your own opinion on it.

Holy fuck! I misjudged! You're up to season 9!

>Ever consider WHY a person might ask a question like that?
Why would a person ask a question like that?

I watched it when I was young and I don't remember thinking very highly of it. I'm going to re-watch it though, and I figured asking people to share what they really enjoyed about it could hype me up.

But no. You guys saw a quick opportunity to meme and spout drivel and by golly you all took it -- you took it explicitly at my expense.

It was decently written and actually had people who cared behind it.

Also, it avoided the diversity/tumblir/sjw shit by predating it. It told actual good/fun stories where the lead just happened to be black.

Also, it tried to do a street level hero that wasn't a billionaire in a time where there wasn't much in the way of action cartoons that weren't Batman or Superman the animated series.

The show was entertaining while exploring all serious social problems like racism, guns, insecurity,family bounds,loss,poverty etc

It's something very rare, it touched points most cartoons never dared without looking forced, those situations all looked like a natural part of Static story

Alright fine
>Actually well written
>Not afraid to tackle real issues such as school shootings brought on by bullying, gang culture, etc
>Semi connected to the DCAU
>Electricity powers are versatile and fun
>Memorable villains
>Good characterization between Virgil, Richie, Pops
>Show isn't pandering or blatant with its diversity or messages.
Just to name a few points

>1. Learn to type
I can type just fine. Here is what you MEANT to say: "learn to type in a way that doesn't offend the autistic, piss-puddle shallow sensibilities that have been memed into me because I'm an impressionable child."

>2. Stop being a massive autist
Takes one to know you, little shit.

>3. Watch the show, and make your own opinion on it
As if I'd let what you memers think outweigh my own opinion. HA! You're cute, kid.

THANK YOU!

This all seems very interesting and makes me excited to watch the show!

>Ever consider WHY a person might ask a question like that?
To bait and then samefag and talk about pandering and make yet another thread crying about liberals?

>"You guys saw a quick opportunity to meme"
>"By golly you all took it"
>"You took it explicitly at my expense"
>Implying you're someone to actually care about

Well I meant the number of typos and grammar issues. What you said in question didn't offend me, just how poorly you expressed your thoughts, but I digress. And if you cared to read, I gave you a list of talking points right above your very post.

Go outside, autist.

YOU SHOULD'VE JUST WATCHED A GODDAMN EPISODE OR SOME CLIPS INSTEAD OF ASKING RANDOM PEOPLE VAGUE QUESTIONS

Is Static stronger than Black Lightning

Who is the top 5 electrics

Hard to say. I'm not even sure how many watts Black Lightning or Static absorb/emit. But if I had to say, Livewire, since she's made of pure energy.

That's actually a fair assumption but that's clearly not my intent.

>I meant the number of typos and grammar issues
Which ones? Show them to me.

Also I appreciate what you said here but we're all anonymous and I have no way of knowing who posted what. I also hit submit before I even SAW that post, which you could very well discern yourself if you payed any attention to the timestamps.

>go outside
I run 5-10m every morning. I have a job. I go to shows and see live music several times a month.

Spitball some more, motherfucker.

Static Shock had the most realistic and relatable superhero in cartoons

He's just an average teenager in a middle(low) class family, not rich, not super genius, no extremely useful friends(the blonde kid get super intelligence but it's in the late seasons) to save his ass

Hell not even his suit was this expensive looking tight shit, it was just a coat and a simple ass mask

Also he made mistakes each 5 minutes and had to constantly think about his choices to avoid repeating them

In the future Static is Justice League tier and considered one of the best heroes of the Beyond era. Of course that's within his own series but Virgil proved to become much more powerful and versatile with his powers as the show went on.

YOUR thread?

I think this should be a static cheescake and near rule 34 thread now.

This isn't your blog, asshat, and I'm not your editor. You going to actually talk about Static, or remain butthurt the entire thread?

>That's actually a fair assumption but that's clearly not my intent.
Isn't it? Shitposting attempt resulted in shitposts.

>vague questions
"Why is this show adored here?" is a simple question, you idiot. There's no ambiguity to it at all.

What's happened is YOUR fault, because YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE, WANTONLY ASSUMED THE WORST ABOUT MY INTENT IN THIS THREAD.

YOU'RE FAULT. NOT MINE.

I think it was because he was one of the most experienced active heroes at the time, he looked like 50s while most heroes got replaced by teenagers

>this isn't your blog
Don't assume aspects of my personal life if you don't want to be corrected, dipshit. Once again, this is YOUR FAULT, and not mine.

And as I've already mention, I've only vague memories of Static, which is why I asked YOU ALL to talk about it.

I'LL STOP POSTING WHEN YOU RETARDS STOP TRYING TO INSULT ME.

It wasn't a shitposting attempt, you dipshit! It was an earnest, sincere question!

I wish tv Virgil was a bit more nerdy like his comic version. Comic Virgil legitimately had some dorky interests in video games and comics, TV static was kinda bland. Its like they had to walk on eggshells to make him appeal to normie black kids. Ironically a lot of the black kids I knew in high school were into comics and cartoons and video games.

He eventually grows to main JL member tier.

Neither one has ever been about feats of pure power though.

This is the rare instance where I genuinely hope OP is shitposting, otherwise it's just sad. You're making it very hard to actually talk about Static, and not just fucking point and laugh at you

>It wasn't a shitposting attempt, you dipshit!
Why should I believe you?

Yeah, whatever.

As the OP, you people have made it IMPOSSIBLE for me to respect anything you say at this point. It's all either memes or ill-conceived attempts at insulting me, both of which I've shown I can defuse and refute in little time at all.

So, if you're going to sit here spouting your stupid ass insults because "talking about Static" is hard or whatever, you should honestly just get the fuck out of my thread and save yourself the time and effort, because in that case it'd just be more efficient if you just shut the fuck up and said nothing.

To everyone that came here expecting a wholesome discussion about Static, I'm sorry. These memeing goons and provocateurs ruined it for you.

Personally, I'm laughing my ass off regardless. Weirdly enough, I guess that the first post was the best post if it gave us this sperg to laugh at.

If you don't want to believe me, that fine. Go on ahead. I've already expressed my sincere motivation for creating this thread. Can't do more than that, so you, and anyone else, that wants to go on doubting the sincerity of this venture are honestly just exposing yourselves as shitposters, assuming the worst of my intent as a means of justifying how fucking vile and disruptive you've been in this thread.

You're digging your own grave.

Still awaiting your reply, you idiot. Of course I could tell from the start that you were a posturing retard, but I wanted to make a big spectacle out of exposing that fact, and your delayed response is becoming quite the impediment towards that end.

So c'mon. Chop chop. Wakey wakey, kid.

Dubs of truth.

>You're digging your own grave.
Funny. I was about to say the same thing.

Good thread

Just lurk moar, you hothead.

Intelligent anons know I've done nothing wrong here. I don't care about your "opinion." Honestly I cringe at the thought of even calling that ill-defined, cloudy apparition in your mind an opinion when you so CLEARLY lack the intellectual capacity to explain and expand upon it worth a damn.

You're like a bug which lacks the intelligence to recognize its own stupidity.

BEBEBEBEBEBEBEBE

Because they won't admit how shit most Post-DCAU crap is and notice it looks good compared to it.

Stop writing like an indignant autist having an outburst in a public place.
>Now, either admit that assessing your opinions from their foundations upward is too intellectual a task for you and get the FUCK out of my thread, or stay and explain WHY you think this show is good.
Ahahaha jesus christ dude.

Mikoto is the strongest. But Static is my favorite western biribibi.

I'm hijacking OP's thread and saying Permafrost is best girl

Please keep going, OP. I love hearing you tell us all how stupid we are for having fun and shitposting when you decided to get pissed off. It's a hilarious combination of retarded, especially your lack of self awareness, and condescending as fuck to people who don't even care about you. I honestly don't know if it would be more hilarious if you were actually this retarded or if you were just shitposting this whole time, which wouldn't surprise me with the amount of fart huffing you seem to be doing almost as if you really want people to believe that you're this much of an autist.

Nails is better.

>want to download and rewatch
>tpb is fucking down
fuck me, I'll never relive my childhood again tonight at this rate.

Oh man, who put a shock to your system

Is it me or is Static the only black superhero people really really seem to care about ? He’s the only black superhero I’ve seen people really want a movie or TV show of. When ever I search for Static on social media I always see post saying they want a Static or TV show or new cartoon. I’ve seen some people want a Storm but not as many like Static. Now that Black Lightning has a show I’ve seen more people want him in live action. I’ve haven’t seen people be passionate about other black superheroes like the way people are passionate about Static.

>Intelligent anons know I've done nothing wrong here.
holy kek
thanks for the laugh, user

I would've loved to see them fight. Especially since Batman got like 3 different crossovers

Carlos!

Well a bit of it is nostalgia, but Static really was ahead of his time, and genuinely well written. In another 10 years, people will keep pushing for Black Panther given his movie's success

It's because his show was good.

>why didn't they put a Neo-Nazi in a Saturday morning children's cartoon

I've noticed that protagonists with electric powers tend to be pretty popular, but aside from that, I am completely clueless as to why Static is particularly popular with fans.

this

Future static looks so sick

I give it credit for trying to create something new. I don't think it was particularly good, though.

I still say either of the costumes with the coat were better.

Here ya go

The 20-30 year old demographic has the biggest voice on social media, and childhood nostalgia for that demographic is 10-20 years ago. Guess who was the only black superhero with his own tv show in that timeframe?

Look bro I can't keep every show straight.
It just is part of that 90s generation of cartoons and gives me that nostalgia

Initial design Madelyn is the cutest

Will there ever be a good black lead superhero cartoon again ?

I’m surprised Static girls aren’t waifu . Some of them are cute. I’ve always liked She-bang.

Last season was pretty wonky though. Felt like the show was running out of ideas and started doing whatever, like the fucking Hoop Squad.

We have to transition past this age of forced diversity first. A black lead has to feel like a natural inclusion and actually have to be involved in the plot around them rather than just being a constant reminder to the audience that he or she is black.

One and done.

Based First Poster
It's good, doesn't require explanation. Feel free to disagree (be wrong) but any further detail is unnecessary. Why did you even make this thread, no one has mentioned this show in a while.

what show has that issue now?

Image comics was new original black comics made by black people.
Literally the opposite of riding the coattails of an existing franchise to force in ones viewpoints.