Since it's becoming more common for webcomics to get pilots/tv series...

Since it's becoming more common for webcomics to get pilots/tv series, are there any you would like to see turned into one? Any network you would like to see said comic on?

I think Nedroid would be fun if there were under-a-minute shorts that aired during commercial breaks on CartoonNetwork.

Reginald really should give those diamonds back

NEVER!

Regular Show forever ruined any chances of a Nedroid cartoon.

With the right studio, Stand Still Stay Silent could be pretty great.

only the best comic

Haven't seen this webcomic on Sup Forums in a long ass time. Did it stop updating or are we not allowed to talk about it anymore because it has animal people in it? Because if it's the latter then that's dumb.

My pet succubus but with the fanservice turned waaaay up to eechi anime levels.

Threads devolved into shipping wars and politics

Damn. I guess that's the fate of all general threads. I'm glad they got banned in that case.

It still updates, but for a while it was getting wiped because of threads devolving into debates about ships, and also it was a general thread.

I think the furor over generals has died down a titch, so at the very least we can probably go back to making update threads.

Camp Weedonwantcha, maybe

could be good

It's only been 3 shows hasn't it? Planet Panic, Harpy Gee and We Bare Bears? Are there any other? I guess 3 does suggest a trend.

You’d definitely have to keep them short and not pressure Clark for more. Nedroid is so good partly because the author only makes them when he’s got a joke to tell.

Nedroid could make a show if TV worked like it does in Japan where you could just have a show that's a bunch of one minute shorts collected or as single episodes but in America there's not many channels that want that kind of thing. Adult Swim could do it but I don't think Nedroid would be good for them. They did it with Gunshow but that's a different kind of comic

They'd need somebody who could do a convincingly adorable hillbilly voice

I NEED MORE BOXER HOCKEY NOW

He has a real job directing animu Sonic cutscenes for games.

And working on IDW's Sonic comic.

Maybe one day someone will pick up Boxer Hockey for an animated series.

Adult Swim or Netflix.

I can still dream, user.

The problem with SSSS is that it's heavily centered on the visuals, you'd need to slow its already lethargic pacing to a crawl to fully appreciate them in an animated format. You'd also need a pretty big budget to do them justice.

Harpy Gee actually existed as a cartoon pitch long before it became a webcomic.

That doesn't really answer my question I. OP makes this out to not just be a trend but a growing one except it's not really a trend yet.

I just mentioned it to reinforce your claim. Also Harpy Gee and Planet Panic are shorts, not full series.

I would really like to see more pilots and shorts based on webcomics. I know a lot of them actually get optioned all the time and that studios are always scouting for a few to potentially turn into a show. But none of that ever really goes anywhere. Sometimes it's for reasons as silly as the production company/studio having other things in development that have elements that are just barely similar to the webcomics they're looking at.

So basically what they did with Samurai Jack?

nawlz.com

Not to mention his personal pet project has shifted to Diesel. I don't think he's even mentioned Boxer Hockey in years.

Would work. Even one minute would be 15 panels. I don't think the timing would fit either.

Wouldn't work.

People making shitty generals about shipping and pushing the limits of the blue board with lewds during a hiatus caused mods to force said generals into /trash/.
When the hiatus ended and updates resumed, the general stayed in /trash/ and interest in the Sup Forums update talkback threads died, which may have also had some mod/janitor intervention as well.

The only way to make it work would be to have the author specifically write new cartoons for animation, but with the same characters.

It'd be to a greater extreme than Samurai Jack.

>Sometimes it's for reasons as silly as the production company/studio having other things in development that have elements that are just barely similar to the webcomics they're looking at.
From a business perspective it's not that silly. Doing an adaptation means you've got to deal with royalties and rights issues that don't matter with a fully in-house development.

The pop team epic anime format but nedroids strips

I want Homesuck adptation.

John Campbell,David Lynch, and (pic related) do a slice of life cartoon about teenagers who like to go to the mall on fridays. Think Bratz. Would you watch that?
I would watch the SHIT out of that.

By (pic related) do you mean Mary, Ronnie, or both?

I think Cagle would add some authenticity to the SOL, and have a better idea of what's acceptable. Ronnie would be awesome with the other two, he's got a better grasp of how to bridge the surreal and depressing than Campbell, Campbell's just more of a poet.

True. It just can be frustrating if you're on the receiving end of a shelved scouting mission. But you make a good point.

Also, ideally, mary'd do the character models.

They made a fully-animated pilot with some animation studio, but the studio hasn't released it publicly. Does anyone have more info on that?

DEEP LORE

I don't know about that, Mary-sensei's SoL was entirely autobiographical in nature; outside of Let's Speak English her other works are action/adventure.

I'd just like a 1:1 adaptation of Dr McNinja. It's got a story structure that can easily adapt to a show, and more importantly it's finished with a definite ending. All they need to do is put the pages in motion and make sure Dan has a good VA.
I'd watch it.

This and It Hurts!! are great candidates for an animated series. The former because it's just so charming and fun without pushing boundaries. The latter because of the opposite, without losing its own inherent charm. They'd of course be run in completely different networks

I once had a dream that Megatokyo got a cartoon series.
I woke up in fear, not from the idea of it being made into a cartoon, but the realization that it still exists and is still going to this day.

Yeah, but LSE was good. She made a comic about going to the dollar store for a squeegee and it was good. I doubt she'd have trouble finding material, since she's clearly pretty attentive to the humor of the day-to-day.

Tyson is busy living the dream with his perfect wife and his productive career.

Man, a competently paced and animated Dr. Mcninja series would be SO GOOD.