Why cant western women make comics and cartoons like how japanese women do?

Why cant western women make comics and cartoons like how japanese women do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3mEtJLD1C_Y
youtu.be/HzFetJxP6ok?t=44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mangakas get rich and comic writers don't

Why can't women fuck off and realize they will never be good at creating anything?

maybe they should make comics with better quality content at a more affordable price then

Why cant western men make comics and cartoons like how japanese men do?

Jap girls think fuck everyone and make a good series
Western girls complain and grow legbeards

I assume you mean lesbians make shows with lots of hot women getting naked or shaking their tits/ass or other sexual innuendo and content like Sailor Moon and Ranma/Lum. And the show is just an excuse to masturbate to the female characters. In which case there is sort of one example I guess?

You mean poorly? Outside of a few cute girls, who all look the same except with different haircuts, Takahashi's stuff is shit.

Is this an r63 thread?
It is now.

Tell that to the publishers, they'll fuck you over and indie comics get no true recognition

Cept for Scott Pilgrim, god knows why

Japanese women prioritize cuteness in their self-inserts rather than them being “powerful”.

>a few cute girls, who all look the same except with different haircuts
wow totally different than other anime

>Ranma
OP, that's a boygirl girlboy otherwise known as the perfect spouse/husbando/waifu.

In the west women are coddled and told they're great if they show even the slightest amount of ability which dampens ambition to improve and usually end up shitting out some half-baked semi-autobiographical self-absorbed garbage being convinced that their story is 'important' and 'meaningful' or just churn out a blatant pastiche of shallow pop-culture tripe.

Japs have more freedom do to whatever they want with their work while western writers don't.

And also this

Case in point. Fuck off with this retarded garbage.

The Lum film Beautiful Dreamer really stuck with me. The Ranma films weren't as good.

youtube.com/watch?v=3mEtJLD1C_Y

>Japs have more freedom do to whatever they want with their work while western writers don't.

It's true, it's how you get passion projects like Metal Gear Solid and Kingdom Hearts which are insanely popular, yet ultra complex and totally lacking in cohesion and sense

>watching moe shit.

When Sup Forums faggots realize there autistic shit isn't welcome.

MLP has its own board on Sup Forums, meaning that it's the most popular animated series created by a female on this site ever.

Trap ben is better than femme ben

Shame they fail.

>UR A FAGIT XD
With your "creativity" I have no doubts you're female.
I don't remember asking a namefag monkey's opinion

ranma sucked

Nobody should need your permission,no sane soul would seek it.

Interestingly, I get the impression a lot of this has to do with the fact that there is very limit financial investment in japanese stuff.

Like, a mangaka wants to do their weird dream project story. All they have to do is convince a publisher that their idea is worth 15 pages. If it flops, it gets pulled and the dream dies. If it succeeds, you keep going. Maybe you sign a deal and commit to the first 6 issues instead of just 15 pages, but the idea is the same.

Western producers, in comics and movies and everything, are fucking addicted to the blockbuster. If you can't weave a fanciful universe where the thing you do runs for 10 years and makes 20billion dollars and gets its own line of lunchboxes, don't even bother getting in the elevator to make your pitch. And once they agree to fund you for that bullshit dream, they are VERY interested in making sure their money comes back to them, so they stick their whole hand up your ass to make sure you don't fuck up with their money.

Meanwhile, the japanese publisher just needs one or two things in their compilation to be worth buying and they make their money. They can sort the wheat from the chaff and the shitty product that dont sell are disappointing but don't really keep them up at night because it was cheap anyway.

But it's true user, you're acting like a faggot.

Nobody should be a faggot namefag outside of storytimes and drawthreads either, yet here we are.

Nah, you do since you got triggered by truth so hard.

If IDW and Image Comics are anything to go by these days? It's because they think their customers are the "oppressors" for not buying their comics and actively wage war with them (via internet slap fights on Twitter). Attractive women who aren't ball busting man hating shills are "problematic" to that crowd. If they were in charge of making female robots, they'd make sure they'd never want anything to do with their customers (and create the apocalypse because they now hate all of humanity in the process)

>One is a poorly drawn dem hips on a tiny cilinder of a body
>the other is an ugly purple midget that thinks its sexy
>a living tweeg
>animation de-consistency all over the fucking wazoo.

There can be no doubt a lot of fapping to it goes on though. People don't need much.

but user there are no females on Sup Forums

>retarded shonenbaby thinks his garbage is actually good
Kill yourself. You're no better than capeshitters. Worse even, because they at least have decency not shove a fresh issue of their mediocre tripe down my throat and claim it's the best thing ever like you FMAfaggots do.

That sounds reasonable, and therefore not likely to happen. As much as I would like to have small titles that are cheap to produce and plentiful to increase the amount of good stuff, you have to convince investors that spending money on 100 ideas and maybe 10 them make any money back is going to be a hard one.

Stay mad, I know you will.

>why can't western men make comics and cartoons like how japanese men do?

Why cant western creators create like japanese creators do?

>UR MAD LOL
Shonenbaby ran out of "arguments". Good. Now take your overdramatic shitty cliche and one-dimensional character-ridden manga and fuck off back to Sup Forums.

your arguments are just a bunch of buzzwords

you didnt like ATLA?

The exact arguments your shallow garbage manga deserves.

so you have no actual argument

He makes a good point.

Would it really hurt to have more female nudity on your cartoons? There's a gorillion untapped potential and untapped ass that's begging for a naked-apron treatment. Or a simple swimsuit that shows cleavage.

When's the last time an American cartoon showed cleavage?

Don't worry Korra was bad enough to ruin both series.

Aside from brainless cheaply made CG shit for the littlest of toddlers the animation market in the US can't be compared to the market in Japan. You can usually count on two hands the number of shows with even the remote possibility of appealing to anyone older than 5 or 6 in the US. Even the shows with adult followings are for little, little kids here. The cannot make anything complicated or interesting because a 4 year old can't follow it. If you have spent time with a toddler they would rather see fart jokes and bright flashing loud music stuff. It makes more sense for companies to make that. Now this might not even be good for the kids (dumb stuff) but moneywise it makes sense. America is also academically shit remember, even the adults are dumb, imagine little kids.

I made an argument, retard. Not my fault you're too dumb to even read a simple sentence.

Sup Forums is strangled by editors and producers. That have to ensure profitability for years. Publishers and broadcastars don't know how to properly merchandise their properties.

Sup Forums gets purchased by publishers and broadcastars in short runs. If it doesn't make money, it is gone forever. Merchandising is a fine art in Japan.

I can think a couple characters that could use official nudes.

Most manga and Anime creators cater to a large amount of thirsty virgin otaku who are willing to spend money on their bluerays and merch if the main character shows off more than a little bit of tit, they overwhelm the market.

because in japan you have to actually have talent.
in the west you just need to be a woman.

They do, they're called webcomics.

No, see, because Japan has a different distribution system than we do.

Its Wednesday. I go to my american specialty comics store and pay for the latest issue of All Star Superman, and The Incredible Gwenpool. I buy those two floppies and go home, because those are the ones I care about. They cost me a couple bucks each.

Meanwhile, in Japan, a kid in a regular supermarket tugs on his moms shirt sleeve and convinces her to grab HAPPY PUNCH JUMP WOW - FEB 2018. There are 30 stories in there. Many are the latest issue in a long running series, and the dedicated fans of that series have to buy the whole book so they get the rest too.

It doesn't matter to the publisher whether people are buying the book to read more One Piece or your little indie comedy about highschool girls that are actually the personification of impressionist paintings ~DOKI DOKI PICTURE GALLERY~, what matters is that the books get sold. So you can afford one or two duds in the lineup because people who care about the other stuff will still buy it to read the good stories. You just want to recognize what stories move product and what do not so you can have as many product movers as possible. But you have wiggle room to experiment without meaningfully affecting sales.

>because in japan you have to actually have talent.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Ranma
Why can't western women make a comic that runs for far longer than it should have, introduces too many characters and develops only a couple of them, and is so loaded with filler that you could cut out out 90% of the series and miss completely nothing?

in japan you just have to know how to draw a generic moe girl and make boobs jiggle

who are the most based women in the Sup Forums industry?

>The cannot make anything complicated or interesting because a 4 year old can't follow it
But OP's example is an episodic show with wacky characters doing wacky, retarded things. What is even your point?

Yeah cus that was Mamoru Oshii directing it. It's a entirely different beast than the show or other movies

that's already beyond the capability of women in the west

And western comics have shared continuity across multiple books and a million pages of lore you need to know. Manga is self contained 99 percent of the time. Only weirdos like Ken akamatsu have shared universes.

no, you're just shouting a bunch of buzzwords and getting upset

About 0.1% of mangakas get rich.

>ignores actual criticizm
>"n-no b-buzzwords"
FMAtards are the worst subhumans.

Still mad worst girl got OK boy who's also best girl.

Yes, and that's an ADVANTAGE when it comes to diversity of content. And I don't mean diversity as 'fewer white males', I mean as in having a wide range of different stuff.

Every season, anime and manga shotgun a whole bunch of new stuff that is weird and interesting and a lot of it is bad or poorly executed, but there is enough gold in them hills that it keeps me coming back and taking chances on things that sound stupid as fuck because I've seen them turn a dumb sounding premise into something great enough times for it to be worth the risk.

Meanwhile, all of the stuff in marvel or DC's shared universes is generally held back by that inclusion. You get in the middle of a solid run of a character and then someone shuffles around the writers and your favorite character has a 180 personality shift. Or you get roped into a tie-in for civil war 3 and everyone becomes retarded and someone gets killed for shock value in a crossover event with a bunch of other storylines you don't read.

Karen Berger
Anne Nocenti (fuck off kids, her DD run is legendary)
Nicola Scott
Amanda Conner

youtu.be/HzFetJxP6ok?t=44

you arent giving actual criticisms

Not him but your only argument is "it's shit because it's shit"

Rumiko Hackashi is a woman. She's a deluded cunt who likes to pretend that decent looking guys with options will accept being abused by mediocre cunts and worse, love them for it. She wouldn't have become rich if her concept didn't appeal to twats....and beta loser males.

That's still a lot when compared to western comic artists

Yeah, "predictable plot" is not a criticism even though it's true "Being overly sappy and melodramatic" is not a criticism. even though it's all true. "Being cliche-ridden" is not a criticism when it's absolutely true.
Fuck off, FMA-tards. Your shit is just as bad as the rest of shonenshit

None of her manga are good IMO. I should know, I used to read Inuyasha, Ranma and Lum all of the time at my library when I was a kid. It always pissed me off how the male characters would always get shat on even when they didn't do anything, and the repetitive plots.

No woman will ever have intelligence and creativity to make anything as good as Ergo Proxy or Lain.

Even Ranma's incredibly dumb plots are too complicated for toddlers. A Ranma plot in the US would be "Ranma eats a birthday cake." That's it. The whole episode would be Ranma explaining what a cake is. "Cake is a thing you eat," she would say. "It is pink." Then some cheerful synth music would play.

Not to mention that of course the jiggling tits and shit would never fly with kids. Yes sometimes something gets past the radar here, but it's always both incredibly lame (a curvy woman not dressed like a nun, oh no) and gets a shitton of complaints from Bible Belt Christian parents. That's why even mild shit gets censored or changed a lot.

To make the most money, a cartoon should have very simple designs and brights colors, plots house pets can follow, very happy shrill twee music, and be as bland and boring and inoffensive as possible.

>A Ranma plot in the US would be "Ranma eats a birthday cake."
That is literally the plot of one of the episodes. It was not cake tho

Name a show where the only plot was that a character ate a birthday cake.

" you need to make your titles diverse"

"I get it. You want less cis straight white men superheroes"

"No, I meant less reliance on super heroes and more genres like detective, horror.."

"No white men it is!"

He made my favorite villain so fuck you

But he's just a prettier Aizen.

That reminds me, how did the Doraemon dub performed in the west?

Pretty much what I was thinking.
Japan, you make your own series with your own world and characters. You might not own most rights, but you essentially own the series. JUMP isn't going to kick you off Naruto and put someone else there to take over everything in their own direction. All the focus for failure and success is on the creator and if it fails, the producers give your pages to someone else. No skin off their backs.
U.S., you can have your own characters and story, but it's their book in their universe if it's in a big company most of the time. If you succeed or fail it reflects on the company. You write Spiderman well and Marvel gets more credit than you. Don't see much of a reason to do better than everyone else, just enough to stay passable.

Fuck if you've ever had to watch someone's kids you'd know most of the generic cheap shit on kids' tv is exactly like that. Even Sup Forums isn't sad enough to sit through it willingly so those shows aren't discussed on here but the (much smaller) group of shows for kids a little older. There's usually some "educational" angle like "being nice is good." A lot of it gets pumped out because people use it as a babysitter and little kids will stare at anything.

she*

They didn't continue it, so not well, I assume.

>horror
The true horror of horror (no pun intended) is that it's a joke genre where anything that has dark themes can be considered horror even if it's not even remotely scary in any way. The less of that shit exists, the better.

Comic written and drawn by a woman in japan.

Aizen is a shitty Naraku

Is the dude getting eaten wearing some kind of blindfold? How bout some context?

>Japan apologist thread

Fuck off

It's a mask. In this series people that use magic all wear masks. The lizard is a human that had his turned into a lizards and he lost his memory, so he's hunting magic users to try and find the one that cursed him. There's also some sort of person inside his mouth, and he's eating that guy's head so the guy inside can check.

It's called Dorohedoro and it's awesome.

your "criticisms" are just generic broad statements and opinions

20 seconds in MS Paint. Would you call this accurate?

>i-it doesn't count
Predictable, much like your shitty manga.