Donald Trump won 3084 of 3141 US counties, many by 100,000 votes or more

Donald Trump won 3084 of 3141 US counties, many by 100,000 votes or more.

If you took away LA County, California, just one of Hillary's 57 won counties, Trump would've won the popular vote by a fair margin as well.

>muh poplar vote

Other urls found in this thread:

politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/15/donald-trump-won-7-5-million-popular-vote-landslide-mainstream-america/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xWoigTGoF4mKcIqLvenX3N1UGq2AMAint8W1zRU4pkc/edit?usp=sharing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2016_Presidential_Election_by_County_-_Clinton.svg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if you're against the electoral college, you're not white. simple as that.

Why should the popular vote not matter?

I agree with the EC and know why it should matter myself, but the biggest issue I see with normies trying to defend this is having to inject their obligatory cucking on race, class, etc to seem "fair" to degenerate urbanites who hate everywhere else in America that isn't a megacity.

The popular vote means dick-all when 100 million people didn't vote.

>ITT we argue why letting illegal infected state to decide the leader of the United States is a good thing

inb4 no true Scotsman

>Why should the popular vote not matter?

Because the United States is (supposed to be) a collection of autonomously run, separate entities. California does not dictate how wyoming lives.

For the popular vote to matter we would need to dissolve all states and local governments and have the entire country run by a centralized federal government

The age old mantra applies.

If you don't vote, you don't get to complain.

It's all of 2 minutes of civil activism.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here. The popular vote should matter but clearly in this election it doesn't show the larger picture.

Obama won the electoral college in 2012, the left praised the institution. They lost it this year and now they're calling it undemocratic and trying to abolish it. It's silly.

Why is Oklahoma so based?

It does matter on a state by state basis. As a Trump supporter in California my vote doesn't count at all because of the EC.

It shouldn't matter because it puts the United STATES of America at risk of being dominated by a couple of cities. We're a republic, and the House and Senate existing shows exactly what the Founding Fathers had in mind when establishing the electoral college.

The popular vote is accounted for by giving the liberals an immense 55 electoral votes from California, 29 from New York, and 20 from Illinois by default, as well as stacking Eastern states on top of that. That's 104 default EV's for the Democrats out of 270 needed, and they're still bitching.

The system already tremendously benefits them, and their importing of illegals to pad their vote totals and then subsequent voter fraud demonstrates why, exactly, we need to avoid their tyranny by dominating smaller states unfairly.

They may be a big state, but that doesn't make them any more important than any smaller state. That's life in a republic.

where'd that 57 number come from it?

honestly it looks like more than that if trump has over 3000

uh
there are more than 60 blue countries in this picture

Electoral college makes sense. NY, Chicago, LA, Detroit, Houston, Atlanta and Miami could probably win you the election and everyone else would be fucked

>2008
Yeah go EC
>2012
Mitt BTFO by EC
>2016
wtf i hate EC now

The Electoral College is a Compromise between a Congressional Election and an Election by the people. It serves as a bulwark against the tyranny of mob rule, against total Democracy.

The popular vote DOES count but only on a state by state basis. Notice how the popular vote in a state determines (technically) who wins that state's electoral votes? That way you don't end up with what describes due to some states / cities having the majority of the population on their own.

What's with this "popular vote" meme? If the majority of the states want candidate-A why does it matter if more illegals and dead people wanted candidate-B in a states that are already won?

Listen here and listen well

How many times has popular vote NOT agreed with the electoral college? Hint: you can count on one hand. That's right, of the 240+ years this country has existed, only a few times has the electoral college worked against popular vote. Truth is it's just a way to validate popular vote and make it seem more official and bureaucratic.

The electoral college is dated and needs to be abolished if it goes with popular vote 99% of the time anyways.

If California thinks it's okay that non-citizens can decide whom their delegates vote for president that's fine, but their system shouldn't be applied to other, non-cucked states. There would have to be a universal Federal Law before the popular vote matters at all, and you'd need most of the states and congress (and judiciary) to agree on it.

>Mfw every major city is blue but, mine
God damn I love being in Arizona

Breitbart used the information provided by politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president to determine this statistic.

Politico also shows Trump winning the popular vote by 200,000, which isn't mentioned in the article here breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/15/donald-trump-won-7-5-million-popular-vote-landslide-mainstream-america/

LA county has more people in it than the 2000 lest populated counties in the US

It doesn't matter liberals are just throwing a hissy fit as per the usual when they don't get their way

By that logic, only white candidates should win because I can count on one hand the number of times it has not been the case; black people being able to win needs to be abolished if white people win 99% of the time.

Why the fuck are the votes distributed by the winner take all method?
So for example when someone wins 51% votes they take all the electoral votes
Don't you think he should only take 50% + 1 votes?

>LOOK AT MY SCHIZOPHRENIC DELUSIONAL TWISTED WORLDVIEW OF THE POLITICAL PROCESS! DO YOU SEE?!
It gives us a great glimpse into a liberal's state of mind. Almost looks like Predator-vision.

The popular vote DOES MATTER in EACH INDIVIDUAL FUCKING STATE YOU DUMB SHIT

>The "real" map
Might as well make red and blue scribbles in MS Paint.
Fuck outta here

No, it doesn't need to be abolished because then a dozen or so urban areas with tremendous populations will be able to dictate the governance of the rest of the country.

>fucking rednecks reeeeeee!

leftists are absolutely pathetic

Because we're the perfect combination of Dixie and Texas without metric fucktons of beaners and niggers.

And our indians aren't a significant percentage of the population to matter.

>Obama won the electoral college in 2012, the left praised the institution.
Yes, but he also won the popular vote by 5 million.

Of course it matters on a state by state basis. Because that's how states determine who their electors go to in the end.

>implying land owning citizens aren't inherently more valuable to a country's success than urbanites who have no vested interest in the country other than "what can I get out of it?'

>being this much of an idiot
It doesn't matter nationally, dumb shit. Learn how to use your brain before posting another reply.

The hypocrisy and double-standards from the left and the MSM are absolutely crazy this year.

>Breitbart

Well there's your problem right there.

The electoral college doesn't really benefit anyone.

You can argue that Dems have easy win with large states such as California, New York, and Illinois.

But Republicans have super easy wins in the smaller states, and all those small states. Also smaller states get more votes per population (States have a minimum of one representative, two senators, regardless of population, so tiny states still get three electoral votes).

Republicans needs to sway less people to its side than the Dems do, but the Dems usually sway larger states in favour them.

If the EC favoured one party, you'd see that party winning with greater consistency. But you don't, you see Republican's winning and Dems winning.

this. reminder that "white" liberals are not white themselves, they are cucks

>It doesn't matter nationally, dumb shit. Learn how to use your brain before posting another reply.
You might wanna take those dicks out of your eyes so you can actually read faggot.

Is Phoenix the last non left, major city left?

But they're right? They literally source the left's own information, and Politico has Trump 200,000 ahead in the popular vote.

I made this google doc while at work today. Pretty amazing. I was never sure about the electoral college until this election.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xWoigTGoF4mKcIqLvenX3N1UGq2AMAint8W1zRU4pkc/edit?usp=sharing

Donald Trump is the AntiChrist
Fuck him and all his scumbag supporters.

Illinois was completely red but Chicago alone turned the state blue. Fuck popular vote

Yeah it's honestly pretty unbelievable and just shows how out of touch leftists are with the common man

The Republican landslide of the legislature and the executive show a blanket rejection of liberal values by the American people but the leftists live in bubbles where they truly believe that everyone else thinks like them so they just snapped when reality slapped them in the face on election night

Go to bed jeff

>rural and less populated areas are more conservative
>urban and more populated areas are more progressive

More news at 11.

Go fuck your sister. Tell me why Donald Trump is a good rep for America?

>Why should the popular vote not matter?
Is it really popular if less then half of all eligible voters participated? What if only 30% voted? Would it still be popular?

me too brother, apart from all the wetbacks

Retard. You think the parties would be the exact same if we had a popular vote system over the one we had now? Do you think it's a coincidence that the elections are usually so close?

The two parties build as strong a coalition as possible to win. If it was popular vote only then our parties would shill almost exclusively for the highest population centers and construct platforms that only really appeal to their interests. And they'd ignore the rest of the country because it'd be too much effort for too few votes.

The electoral college is a godsend for small states that are often are best producers of shit we need. Like farms and raw materials in mines. Thank god we're not a country of high population cities ruling over the country like feudal lords with the power of their voting blocs.

Arithmetic is 'schizophrenic' now? Very revealing.

protects us from individual states that don't vet who gets to vote. cough *california* cough

Enforced border, isolationist immigration legislation, a mother fucking wall, lower taxes, reduced federal government, education given back to State and local governments, Marijuana legislation up to the States, strong family values, conservative Supreme Court, reduced spending, invesment in manfucaturing, restored pride in America, the list goes on and on.

Ita gov for the people by the people. Not for the state by the state. If more people live in cities then more vote comes from the cities idiot.

Why is Vermont so staunchly democratic compared to the neighbouring counties in upstate NY and NH?

Because your vote only matters within your home state.

People in Oklahoma do not care about how a Colorodan or Californian thinks the nation should be run.

It's a Union built of semi-sovereign States. It is a government for and by the people but a Union by the States.

I want a confederacy, but at the county level. I want each county to be in charge of itself 100%.

Popular vote is irrelevant. Learn2Constitution you cuck. The states are supposed to be sovereign, not the cucks in cities who think they can boss around flyover country.

Nothing Trump promised in his campaign will get done. He is a fucking liar and a coward.

California gives the most electorals then any other state, but consistently less then half of it voters actually vote. If wasn't for the EC California wouldn't be able to give the biggest push to Democrats.

Do you have a source for this image in the OP? I don't doubt it's legit, but if I am to share it with normies who are crying about "muh popular vote" I'm going to need a source.

>giving niggers land in mis sippi
over my dead body

Yes.
But less than half of HOW MANY

California's population is equivalent to that of several states.

It always blows my mind how New York is basically red but NYC cucks it every damn time

Just use wikipedia's maps to show people. They're better. OP's is from the guardian.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016

Can somone explain what the fuck is going on in that second map?

Also, how the states elect their EC electors is up to them. Popular vote in the state is not required by the constitution. Some states used the legislature to make the decision in the past.

Delusion.

It's a cartogram. It shrinks areas with low population density and inflates areas with high population density to show an urbanite friendly map of the election.

The state legislature is elected by popular vote ;)

> What the majority of states want usually lines up with what majority of voters want
> this year California is chimping out and driving up the democrat popular vote by quite a bit
> hurr the electoral college should be abolished because it's only had to prevent the thing it was established to prevent five times.

except popular vote wanted the black npresident, retard.

wow republicans own over 80% of Americas landmass

Still overwhelmingly red.

darker = where clinton is more popular
lighter = where clinton is less popular

>hillary is very popular in nonwhite areas
hmm

darker = where trump is more popular
lighter = where trump is less popular

This map is complete trash.

Because the popular vote assumes all people from all walks of life are voting based on objective, independent measures when most areas of the country save for the swing states are incredibly partisan.

That's a dumb thing to go by considering that a tiny dump like Kanasa divides itself into twice as many counties as California

Better plan

>Annex Canada
>Annex miles below Texas of Mexico and push them further down

>If you took away LA County, California, just one of Hillary's 57 won counties, Trump would've won the popular vote

>if you removed 10 million votes, the results would be different

No shit?

CA is the most populated state. 37 million. TX at 29, FL at 20, NY at 19

BUT

CA has the 2nd least participating number of voter, 43% (HI is 36% which also went blue)

CA has the largest amount of illegals, 16% of its population. And no system of verifying for voting eligibility.

If the state had more people voting it would go more than likely to red. Look at the Prop 8 vote. The popular minority had to go to the state court when they lost.

and how many people live in those counties anyway?

makes you think huh

If you're against the electoral college you really just want California to decide every election that we'll ever have.

There's roughly 11 million illegal immigrants in the united states, and roughly 10 million of them LIVE in California.

With such a massive number of illegal immigrants in that state it's a bit insane to think they would vote for the man who wants to deport them.

Specially since we're seeing new statistics that determined 3 Million votes in the election were filed by dead people.

Kansas and Cali have different systems of State government. I for one appreciate local governments.

>listing Detroit as though it were still the 4th largest city in the US
>as if it weren't destroyed by niggers and outsourcing
>t. Detroiter

it's kind of flattering tbqhf

The interesting thing is the red parts look like arteries and the blue parts look like tumors.

The red parts literally keep the country alive and the blue parts are a rapidly growing cancer.

>Is it really popular if less then half of all eligible voters participated?

over 130 million people voted in this years election. That is a fuck ton more than "less than half" of all eligible voters. Americas Population. 319,000,000 - 74,000,000 children = 245,000,000 - 23,000,000 non us Citizens = 222,000,000 - 5,000,000 felons in prsion or on parole = 217,000,000 - 130,000,000 people who voted = 97,000,000 assholes who couldn't be bothered.

election swing by county since 2012
redder = the county shifted toward republican more
bluer = the county shifted toward democrat more

This is the part where the urbanites blame the midwest.

How so?

Because both canidates knew the rules of the game before they played and now the loser wants to change the rules after losing.

You say "popular"

Is it based on the votes cast during the election? Or independent polls?

election swing by county since 2012, relative to the swing of the country as a whole

redder = larger swing to republican
bluer = larger swing to democrat

It's based off of election data.

Here's the link.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2016_Presidential_Election_by_County_-_Clinton.svg

Technically speaking, Hillary has conceded and I don't believe it's her out in the streets rioting.

It's her dumbass supporters doing it.

really makes you think

He won the popular vote anyway, just wait for the 3 million+ illegal votes to be removed from her count.

>Clark County Nevada barely blue.

Goddamn fuck the spics and niggers in North Vegas constantly ruining it for the rest of us Las Vegans.

130 million is just barely over half. And the question still stands. Is it justifiably the popular vote if only a small amount votes? How popular is it if less than 100% votes. if it diminishes in any way what is there to keep justifying it?

NOTHING

5 out 10 people vote for president in a 10 member club. 3 votes for that one guy, the other 2 votes for someone else. So the popular vote goes to that one guy who only got 3 votes out 10 possible. How is that "popular"?