Are you afraid to die?

How do you deal with the fact that your life is literally ticking away and you are never going to live again? I am trying my best to return to Christianity, but I am under no delusion that once I die it's basically over. Left wing or right wing I think we can all agree the best years of our lives are pretty much past and now the rest is just a slow decline. Please discuss no memes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ungav2gaOVw
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've died before. It is amazing and very important. Don't fuck it up!

Deep ass thread, but honestly who knows. Life can still be really fulfilling seeing positive moments through other people's eyes. I know what you mean, you'll never have that innocent spatk of childhood again, but don't let that stop you from seeing the world, learning, making a family. All of those things are a chance in what possibly is your only life to have a one time universal experience. You owe it to yourself to experience this existence to your full potential. None of us asked for this, but we can all make something of it no matter how small it seems.

I actually hate living and I want to die.

If I'm meant to be this unhappy for the rest of my life I'd rather to just die faster.

Be Catholic. It's the most based tradition in Christianity

Assuming an eternal "warm" universe, our atoms will eventually re-live this same life an infinite number of times.

I'm afraid of a lot of things, death is not one of them.

entropy though, no dice

I've accepted Christ, I have eternal life

This to be honest

What made the universe in the first place? Before that?Before that...... Come on entropy only works on enclosed systems.

You shouldn't fear death, fear judgment. Seeing all the bad highlights you've done and feeling with pure understand the receiving side of your actions.

I'm 26. I found out today I have kidney cancer. Probably not going to die, but gave it some thought. I'm proud of what I've done, and have few regrets. I think everyone would change something in their past, but no sense fretting over it. Death is inevitable, and we put far too much into avoiding death instead of living properly.

It's just a game dawg.

The idea that this is it and the rest will be nothingness is pretty fucked. It's such a short snippet of time being alive and you expect it to never end.

At least I was born white. I would have hated to be born a nigger like Don Lemon.

the idea that life begins at birth and ends at death is just a meme. it's not true.

what may be called reincarnation, rebirth, etc is the truth. the ancient greek philosophers believed it, hindus believed it, buddhists believed it, esoteric schools of christianity etc believed it.

ordinary folk like op will just be reborn before you even know what happened - likely with no memory of it.

karma - as in, your actions here and now - determine both the quality of your life here and now and your future life. it's a continuity.

so don't worry, if you love life, you'll be back for another round. the real difficulty is escaping the vicious cycle - when you realize, as buddha did, that life is suffering, nothing is permanent, no attainment lasts forever, so you either enjoy the eternal return in all its futility or seek nirvana.

I don't want to die. I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all.
Nothing really matters.

>How do you deal with the fact that your life is literally ticking away and you are never going to live again?

Quit normies' media and reconnect with life. You will be reborn.

Honestly it is just about memories and making memories at the end of the day.

going to the doctor was a mistake.

i'm 28, have no health insurance, and regularly approach death and bounce back to full health. don't underestimate the power of the body to self-heal. the entire body heals itself if helped by right lifestyle choices, proper diet, right will to thrive and survive. don't believe the meme that because you have ______ you're going to just get worse and worse and die. that programs your mind into actually giving up.

fuck going to doctors. if i went to them in the past decade i'd have been diagnosed with all kinds of shit.

No in the end you get judged then its hell or heaven time

let me check
>no

How could you fuck it up? Dying is the only thing that everyone is guaranteed to succeed at.

This year alone has made my life worth living. I'm only in my mid twenties, but this past year was amazing, and I could die happy after what we all helped to accomplish. Naturally, I want to keep living, but I just want all of you to know that you were, and have been my emotional support for a long time now. Even if we fight, even if we shitpost, it's the dank memes and the meme magic that keeps me going and makes me enjoy life.

As for death? It's an inevitability, might as well accept that your time will come and do what you can before your number is up .

From the moment you're born you start to die.
Make memories and be a virtuous person, be kind, polite and assume good intentions.
Unless it's niggers, fuck them.

maybe we shut down and forget everything, like we did when we were born

>you were, and have been my emotional support for a long time now.

That's a sad way to be friend.

God give me the strength to accept the things I can not change. You can't do anything about death, so there is no reason to dwell on it. Accept it and live your life accordingly.

I am not a happy man

Nothing vanishes without a trace. Why would consciousness be exempt?

I'm not afraid of death. I'm only afraid of tall heights and droopy trees.

fuck no, i'm excited to find out what comes after.

Matter doesnt vanish.
Memory is not matter.
When dead, the pc's battery life expires.
Done. Sure of it.

I'm not afraid of death, I've already accepted it. I just don't want an instant death, like getting shot in the head, murdered, car accident, etc. I just want to die of natural causes. I feel like an instant death will fuck things up, really badly, we're supposed to see our life flash before eyes, an instant death wouldn't allow that.

>Best years over with

Maybe if you're 80, but fuck, man, I'm 42 and shit only keeps getting better and better.

If your life sucks as you get older, that's because you suck, nothing more.

Used to be scared to death, when thinking about death. It's just a phase that some of us go through. I noticed getting into survival and prepping shit helped me, I mean if you're afraid to die, the least you can do is learn how to survive as long as possible. Also, if you think of it, the longer you live, the bigger your chances get at dying from stupid shit like getting hit by a car, or getting struck by lightning, so eventually when your time comes, make it the most fucking heroic death you can dream of brother. Because those will be the last seconds of your conscious life.

We are all one consciousness. For me to exist, and for you to exist, there is reason to believe that consciousness will continue after death. We are not the body and mind, rather, we are spirit. We are not thoughts, we are what is listening to our thoughts. Just because our physical body will die does not mean that the energy within us will also be destroyed. We are very likely immortal.

I refuse to accept a particular religion as an answer because I find it ridiculous to think the god of an infinite universe in all of it's unfathomable scale cares about me following the rules passed down by one tribe among thousands.

I see it all as a learning experience or a test of some kind. That's the only way deal with it. There's a limit to what we can possibly comprehend so not knowing what awaits us is our fate.

Or we just die.
Ockham's Razor much?

No.
My youth was wasted and I didn't enjoy life anyways so it would be better to get a second chance that live another 30 years in misery

What do you mean "how"? You just accept it, like anything else.

If you think that's all you need to do... wow.

The idea that this is all there is, that you live to see your parents die, and everyone else leave you never to see them again

The nature of reality itself has to be more beautiful than that. There has to be a wizard in Oz dammit.

Underrated post

Meh, sometimes yes, sometimes no. I fucking hate it here (earth, life, conciousness, w/e). Been here nearly 27 years and most of it has sucked. I was fine being nothing, I think I will welcome going back.

well you know how people argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty?

it's neither, the glass is too big for the water. we have unrealistic hyperinflated ideas about what life should be and what we want with it. this is made a hundred times worse by the sheer amount of awareness we have now of society, of what other people have and abstract concepts like money dictating your whole life, making you feel powerless and isolated.

and death is a meme, it shouldn't be any different to a sleep you don't wake from. why be afraid of that when you literally spend 1/3 of your life asleep already. whenever you're tired, daydreaming or distracted you're basically dead because you've lost your own awareness of yourself.

so no anyone who gets existential angst hasn't thought about it enough yet

The universe is nothing more than a simulation. The same way you came out of nothingness, is the same way you'll go back.

Don't be surprised if 'you' happen to live again. Maybe with a different intellectual ability, maybe in a different shape, on a different planet.

Who fucking knows. Who cares.

Did you sit around obsessing and scared about what would happen before you were born? Were you suffering before you were born?

Oh you don't know? Or you don't remember? Then why worry about it now, just because its after your life?

I've never enjoyed existence so I'm not worried at all. Considering my lifestyle most people would be shocked but I'm just counting down the days. 55 is the oldest I'm getting, naturally or not.

Fuck that. I wouldn't want time to make me aware that I really, really don't want to die. I want to get shot in the head during a fire fight or some shit like that.

You losers

Golden Age is never coming back and it's all downhill from here

Now go kill yourselves losers

>muh life is sufferings!!

I agree and disagree. While I do think healthy, "in real life" relationships are good and should not be neglected, I do see merit in virtual communities and Sup Forums, in particular, especially because this is one of the only places one can speak candidly without risking social suicide. This is a virtual locality we all inhabit. One of the best things we can do is recognize its value and acknowledge that we do have a vested interest in speaking and interacting with each other, no matter how kitschy we try to avoid being.

Ive spent 3/4 of my life alone and depressed. I don't fear death.
Only thing I fear is not getting to go overseas and see Europe before I leave this shitty world.
Ive already planned my experation date.
Age 60. Im not goona retire. Just gonna eat a bullet. Sit by the shoreline and watch the sunset alone. Get drunk and shoot myself. Not going to rot away ina nursing home like my grandmother did.
I loved her very much, and watching her lose her mind and legs to diabetes was traumatic enough. Fuck it. I go out on my own terms

Why not just give yourself as a person to people in need instead of eating a bullet?

Many people get no pleasure from such things

Your post is all I need to understand why your nation is on a jet-powered ride into nothingness.

I am assuming this guy is like 20 years old max and just means that he doesn't want to rot away and chose 60 as an arbitrary number, I don't see anything wrong in theory for what he says.

I believe suicide will become socially acceptable for millennials when they hit 60, we'll come up with some machine that makes it fairly painless and quick and assured, maybe even a nuclear thing which atomizes you, it'll be one of the biggest industries in 40 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=ungav2gaOVw

No

I have christ

but I don't know why someone would be afraid.. i mean

you'd finally be away from leftists and stupid Sup Forums posters, though in my opinion they should go first

Don't worry about shit you have no control over. Just let go and live each day as it's own day. Or go hide in your basement with a bunch of cans and bottled water and crack your teeth from cringing in the dark. It's your life, do whatever you want with it.

I'm older and have thought about this a lot and I keep coming back to the rightness of the conventional wisdom which is this :

The only time you should worry about death is when it's happening to you. You shouldn't let it interfere with your enjoyment of the time you have.

Just the type of death.

It scares me that I could be hit by a car or something random and I'd be dead before I even knew it. Would much rather get cancer and know I'm going to die.

I honestly got over this by looking for all the reasons I could find that this reality is artificial, or at least not the most "real" thing there is.

The effect that Kek and a Czechoslovakian finger painting board had on the world this year brought me a lot of inner peace.

It's extremely OVERRATED on Sup Forums. Ironally the board that claims to be redpilled has a shitload of people who get trapped on the babby's first stage of spirituality and the most bluepilled religion (after islam).

I don't mean to sound disrespectful to those that believe in reincarnation, I just want to share something that happened to me.
I'm a very skeptical person, I thought about this a lot since always.Never shared it with anyone before,but family.I just want to disclose in the beginning that in no way I see this moment as something supernatural, I might have had done that when I was a child but not now.I'm aware of the unreliability of our memories, especially the old ones. But anyways it was something that stuck with me:

There's this thing that I consider my oldest memory. I have no recollection of words or sounds. I was this guy in a cowboy hat. There were a few other dudes with me, no more than three.We were in this old west type of place. It was just a really long road with a desert type of landscape. There was this wagon/chariot or something stopped on the road. I don't know how exactly it happened, but I got in this thing with them and the thing started to move.I have this memory of being throw out on the road, rolling on the ground and this image of brown/sand ground with a gray rock in it fading away. Like when I movie ends and the scene fades. Then out of nowhere, I woke up sleeping on my mom.She was sitting in a chair, and I swear to god, this moment was the moment I saw myself as me for the first time.It felt like I was experiencing everything for the first time.My mom swears she doesn't remember, but I'm pretty sure(remember our memories are unreliable) that I asked her what year we were just like when a guy in a sci-fi movie asks when he travels in time.There was a feeling of confusion. I don't know exactly how to describe it , but I'm sure that was the moment that my language skills were developed enough to make me realize I was me.

The interesting about this old west thing that stuck with was that I remember seeing everything in first person. ( our memories are unreliable, remember that). 1/2

Like I said our memories are unreliable
There are two things that makes me concluded that actually was a dream, and the memory is there, because it was at that moment that my language skills were developed enough to describe memories and remember them.

1 - I might had saw my self on 3rd person for a few seconds ( not sure, memoris are unreliable)
2 - I might had watched some Clinton Eastwood movie with someone and that being just a dream, and the language being developed right there like I said before.

So that was it.
If you had something similar happened to you and you believe in reincarnation in no way I mean to sound disrespectful to your world view diminishing it to a dream.

Thats it.
2/2

Try not thinking about "What happens when you die" and think about what it was like before you was born, an infinite number of years had passed by then also.

Also there was something about a gun and being shot in the head and on my knees but I'm not sure.

The reason you are even alive is because you were the little sperm cell that won the race.

This

only when I feel like I might be dying.
remember consciousness is non-physical to the reality that your body is.

>Oh well... whatever happens, happens.

i never really had a reason to live in the first place, i just kinda make up what i want to do as i go

to quote biggie smalls "fuck it i want to go to hell, cause i'm a piece of shit it aint hard to tell"

that being said, with the way my life has been going recently, i think i've found something i want to do with myself, so it's been alot less of that and alot more optimism i guess

so to answer your question, i'd rather not right now but im not really afraid of it no

>THIS

We cannot control or change the two things that are promised to us, birth and death. We can only change the experiences between those events.

Dat /x/ in id kek
Somehow now I can believe him

also, i was stabbed when i was younger in a fight with a nigger in detroit, i died on the hospital table for a while

don't remember anything after it, so ya i guess it helps me not be too afraid of it

No, I have really lived

There is no dealing with it, It's just acceptance. One of the hardest lessons in life, but it allows you to move on and do other things.

Consider all the wars that have been fought, many of which were probably not even within recorded history, that allowed you to be here now and to think about such things. People have given up their lives freely for a future that might just be a tiny bit brighter than theirs, even if they knew death was an inevitability. Enjoy the time you have. Who would want to be stuck here for eternity anyway?

>it is what it is

I like this attitude. Sometimes acceptance is the best option

I didn't exist for the last 14 trillion I won't for the next. Don't worry about what you can't change

More terrified of others in my life dying than me. I follow Christ but this has still kept me up at night for months.

No more. Yes, I'm going to die one day - but dammit, I'm 24 and that day is probably three more of my lifetimes into the future. It's time to stop focusing inward and start trusting God to overcome the only thing I'm truly afraid of. That's faith, and that's why the dividing line between salvation and damnation is accepting Jesus as the resurrection and the life: relatively, nothing else at all matters.

Why worry about something you have no control over (in terms of end result).

It going to happen NO MATTER WHAT.

Unless for some reason we somehow scientifically come up with a solution, it's a guarantee.

word, each soul is a part of the one Soul of God

all things are just partial obscured reflections of God

only reason we're here in this right now is to observe all the various aspects of God and learn by exposure. this life is a short field trip.

the soul might not fully re-enter the physical body until it is a few years old. the physical form is prepared but not yet housing the conscious soul, or it is in some hibernation state. nobody has even hazy memories of being very young then suddenly has a spark of consciousness at age 3-4. reincarnation is legit and past life memories are common, especially of death or the time shortly before death. at least for pneumatics. hyletics disregard them.

>ID with an /x/

Well fuck, you can't doubt this man now...

holy fuck there is nothing more painfully boring than listening to people's shitty recollections of their dreams.

I think when you die you just go away, but thinking about death can really motivate you, like it did for Steve Jobs.

Even if lifespan could be extended indefinitely, you could still die from traumatic physical injury.
>inb4 mind uploading
Computers crash and break

at least i get to live long enough to see trump maga :D

Its really interesting to think of reincarnation being real.
Do you have any experience like this or know some stories?
Do you remember your "oldest" memory thing? Noticing your consciousnesses or you being you?

haha.
Its more exciting inside my head.

Language got a bit in the way.
I find interesting that a dream of me dying in first person happened right before I noticed myself existing very interesting nevertheless.
Like where the hell all that shit came from?
I was an adult in that dream
I had no idea what happened in anything in my life before waking up in my moms lap.
I remember asking my mom what happened yesterday, who I am and etc.
Really interesting, at least for me.
I think is reasonable to stick with the developed language stuff.
By the way, I remembering watching the Formula 1 Belgium GP of 1998.That two time restart and massive crashes were really memorable.
That dream stuff happened way before that.Possibly early 1998 or late 1997 due other memories I have. I was born in 1995.

No, life is nigger

I run a cemetary, like fuck am I afraid. I dont care the slightest

I'm afraid of death

I 'm afraid of dying meaninglessly

People die everyday and they usually die stupidly or meaninglessly

I used to have the same fear, but you have to realize that it is inevitable and that everyone you know will go through with it. Being completely honest here HK bro, just talk to someone about it and see how they accept it. Just learning how other people handle it is immensely helpful and reassuring.

Don't worry about it. Once it happens you won't be able to give two shits about it or even having the capability of conceptualizing giving a shit or anything else.
Nothingness isnt the blackness that happens when you close your eyes.Is nothing nothing.Like a redditfag once said, is like trying to see with your hand.
We wont feel nothing brah.

Enjoy while it lasts. 7 billion people living right now and a lot lived before us, and only we, likely the top 10% of the global population have the privilege of shitposting and access to stuff that makes life easy and comfy.
It could be way worse. Like being born in Butthole Africa or a Jew in 1940 in Germany.
Or being born in Roma and being buttfucked as a child.
Think about that fgt.

Weird thread to see in Sup Forums as I'm going to bed. Especially today. It's been a rough day.

I have been thinking a lot about death the last couple days. I've given up on siding with any politics, but still enjoy the spectacle, so I'm here.

My wife died a little over a year and a half ago. Earlier this month would have been our anniversary. Shortly before she died, we had a daughter who's no longer in my custody. Personal choice, as work and emotions would have prevented her from having a stable home in these pretty crucial years. I can get her back at any time if I wanted, and I definitely want to give her a good home and see her grow up to be the asshole me and her mom expected her to be.

Those notes made, I'm entirely comfortable with the idea of dying. My kid's well taken care of regardless of what happens to me, and she's only met me in spurts. A grand total of something like 2 months out of her life. I'm entirely expendable in this situation, and more valuable to her dead than alive with my life insurance.

I lost myself in my wife, and when she died, a lot of me did as well. I'm just looking forward to the day I'm buried next to her. The only reason I haven't checked out is a moral obligation to my wife to make sure our kid has the best life possible, and I intend to make good on that as well as I can.
If I end up dying prematurely, I figure that's a reasonable excuse for not seeing this through to the end, and she should still have a much better start on life with my insurance than I ever had.
I do care about my daughter, though, so I guess all hope's not lost. Maybe seeing her grow up and conquering the daily life of a kid will bring me happiness. Hard to say in my self imposed isolation.
I'm damn sure not afraid to die, though. Don't believe in an afterlife, but if there is, God's getting punched in the dick.

TL/DR I wouldn't recommend letting your happiness become reliant on another person, no matter how much they love you back.

I'm not afraid of dying -- did it once, wasn't that bad for me. Traumatised all of my closest friends though.

However, the mere fleeting realization that someone I am with, hanging out, sleeping with, having dinner with, will one day absolutely ruins my day and my time with them.

will one day die* Need to stop drunkposting.

No. Not in a macho or edgy way, but because it's that death is just the final stage of life.

I'm fine with eternal oblivion too. After how confusing, miserable and crazy my own life has been, I sincerely hope I don't have to live again in any other reality or context. I just want it to be over with. No more lives after this one please.

I am actually looking forward to when I can clock out.

Not to be that faggot but after doing DMT I accept death a lot more as an inevitability but hey I'm living in the best time line right now so it's worth it