GLs #42 Storytime

How's your week been Sup Forums?

If you liked the book support the it by buying it.
This arc has been pretty awful tho.

Pretty excited for this.

Not too bad thanks, how about yours?

Buried in studies, besides that good.

The dip in quality makes me sad. Can't believe I'm missing Humphries.

>Unlawful enslavment

I called it. I fucking called it. The evil church with mind control powers.
Who would have guessed that twist.

Funny. NOW Scrapp's being written like an actual character in the story.

Looks good so far

NTR? IN MY AMERICAN COMICS?

I guess they should have followed the books for that one.

Will you shoot the THE SNEED?
WTF

NOOOOOOOOOO, DON'T DO IT. DON'T SAY IT

Simon and Jessica need to get together. Otherwise their gonna get paired with shit side characters.

>gloating to his face
Is this NTR?

Western NTR

Ah I love it when they go all cop procedural on GL. Just emphasizes that the torchbearers are loose cannons who gets results.

I'm confused by this one. I thought Earth One's were all the same Earth, our Earth, and set in our "reality" aside from the standard DC deviations.

But this is just flat out some Expanse/Cherryh/Early Known Space sci-fi.

>Jess being edgy

and its shit.

well yeah, its not like slavery is illegal for every culture in the cosmos. Heck, it was legal in the last hundred years here.

no. Dont compare this dreck to the Omega Men series. just dont.

Nah, I forgot who verified it but Earth-One don't all happen on Earth-One and it's just basically a fancy word for Elseworld. One could hope they do crossover.

Ok this ship thing needs to stop asap.
Other than that the chapter was fine

Is the black guy the same one of JSA?

To be fair I think most people have trouble recognising Durlans who aren't in either of their default shapes.

>I look into the sky and I'm no longer sad
For hope burns bright?

>Ok this ship thing needs to pick up speed
FTFy

ruined now, fuck you Seeley and your shipping

Yeah I wished it was some intergalatic corporation. I don't even really get the motivation here.

Simon's Dick turn women evil. Not really feeling it, especially when the same twist happened last arc.

Baz want to bone Scrapps now too

It has its flaws but I actually quite like this arc, and I really like that they are doing a story line that is small scale while still being very cosmic.

finally Seeley remembers that she has anxiety, not exactly written that well but it's there at least

It doesn't even make sense. You could argue evil alien teen idol was a secret racist but night pilot was being forced into slave labour.

Good taste but better be careful least Simon's dick turn her evil too.

I thinks she's being mind controlled at the end?

they are supposed to be gathering intel...and they just go straight to blasting anyway

glad I stopped paying for this shit. Will probably stop reading it for free after this arc

I liked it up to this issue. The cult feels tacked on as villains and I'm afraid this is gonna be a shaggy dog story, where the woman that Simon was set on rescuing doesn't want to be rescued.

Loose cops on the edge who don't play by the rules

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that she was talking and no one else who was mind-controlled. I really do think that Seeley is gonna have her be like "I was looking for something and I found it here."

>Fidget spinner
Howdy fellow kids, what fucking year is this?

Because Religion has been a constant here for this arc.
>Simon was dating Night Pilot because she was Muslim
>last page had Night Pilot kneeling being told she's special
>Jessica is edgy towards religion but Simon likes the community part of it

If your date start bringing out the fidget spinner then it's not a good date.

>Jessica is now fully attracted to simon
Haha yessss

>Simon's Fallout Power fist

I always thought Jessica was spiritual ever since that Xmas special.

>I'm not religious but I am spiritual.

>"personally"
uh oh

I want simon to ride her

It's a classic in cop drama, and GLs are nothing if not space cops

It's cliche, but it's a competently done cliche

Well at she has something to drink.

Such heresies!
Shieeet.

Why is Simon sitting like a Jojo character in the last panel?

He is walking at a fast pacing

>trying to stay hidden inside a huge crowd
>glowing green fists

So Earth just has a shitload of superhumans all over the place, and we just never hear about them because these are the D-Listers?

Green Goblin detected

I liked it better when the Corps were the supreme force of the intergalactic order, they could go where they wanted and impose the green law on whomever they wanted.

Citation fucking needed. They do take place in the same Earth as far as I know. But I'm sure this GL book take place before Superman E1 and I'm sure the events of Batman are set a time when Supes adventures don't concern him or aren't currently news. I haven't read WW E1 or Teen Titans but I haven't heard anything that contradicts them all being on the same Earth especially when Supes, Bats and WW of Earth One are depicted together in the Multiversity Guidebook.

Just compare this shit with the shit she already knows.

They were still banned from Vega though. But I really want to see another arc/world state where Darkstars and L.E.G.I.O.N. are up their ass 24/7 because they oppose the GLC's monopoly on justice.

NTR is NTR in this and any other Multiverse user

Is this a jojo reference?

I would also pay to see the return of Vril Drox and L.E.G.I.O.N. in this present DC, preferably with covers illustrated by Jae Lee

DC have actually had some great opportunities to introduce or at least hint at them in the last few years, but they're apparently not doing that...

>
dude i am fucking loving this series of variants

I swear there was a Stealth and Vril appearance at some point in the New52, but I can't remember where

im actually happily on this simon + jessica ship. this shit is p fuckin cute

I don't know how I feel about that. Obvious "Allah Akbar!" jokes aside, his religion seems important to him, pretending to be another religion seems supremely dishonest.

Tattoos are haram in Islam, so Simon is not the most devote man in the world to the word of Islam

Is it a real tattoo? I thought it was something the ring did

The ring makes it green and glow, but he's always had it.