How the fuck is this coming out tomorrow and we don't know a good damn thing about the plot?

How the fuck is this coming out tomorrow and we don't know a good damn thing about the plot?
They even reused scenes from S1 for the trailers. Is this just lazy or hype?

Other urls found in this thread:

mcuexchange.com/mike-colter-describes-his-initial-concern-with-playing-luke-cage/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We do know about the plot. Jessica is investigating the company that gave her her powers and she finds out there are more powered beings like her out there

That's a synopsis. Who will be the villain? What other characters will appear?

Shit nigga watch the fucking show, why do you need so much spoiled?

I saw one review online pretty much say it's aimless without Killgrave. There's an evil Jessica Jones too.

I'd rather not know anything.

I can't stand Jesicca without her husbando Matt to play off against.

Kilgrave basically *was* the show and I'm pretty sure that without him, the whole thing will collapse.

Well at least I know this is coming out tomorrow now. Thanks OP.

What other villains does she have? Id like to see one of these shows deal with the aftermath of one of those MCU events instead of just talking about them like they happened in another part of the world and not ten blocks away.

Why do you care? The show is not canon.

I heard Moon Knight will be in this and the two magical guys that are getting a show

wtf does that have to do with anything its entertainment who cares if its has anything to do with MCU, honestly the more non MCU connected shows the better

Can confirm, my dad works for Nintendo.

Why do you need to know everything about it before it comes out? Just watch it tomorrow and find out, i'm sure people will be talking about it then. They don't need to spend millions advertising it, it's Netflix so people will watch no matter what.

Jessica Jones was my favourite Netflix show out of 3 I watched (By the time Luke Cage and Iron Fist were out, I gave up, but I watched Defenders) because it actually had interesting plot.

Trailer seems to be about discovering her origin, which might be good if it's more of a mystery and less of a rule63 Netflix formula of brooding guy beating people up in dark alleys.

I hadn't even realized it was out tomorrow

Also this

The villain will be ... the drink! Demon in a Bottle starring Tony St- Jessica Jones!

Marvel has a lot of drunks.

Is Luke Cage confirmed to be in this season?

They already did what is basically the entirety of Alias and that's all Jessica has in terms of story.

Let me guess, it will be 6 episodes of plot stretched out over 13 episodes just like every single other Marvel Netflix show.

>just like every single other Marvel Netflix show.
This is where you are wrong. Defenders were 2 episodes worth of story stretched over 8.

Not Jimmy Woo comes to buy Alias Investigations, he also has powers (he's in the first trailer shown brawling with Jessica).

And Jessica has PTSD from killing Kilgrave.

Also Not Jimmy Woo because MCU Woo is in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

How the hell do they manage to keep making the same fucking mistake over and over again?

I want to hold and nurture Jess while she's recovering from a bender.

>tomorrow
What the fuck?

>I heard Moon Knight

The same was said about Daredevil, Punisher, Iron First, that Moon Knight was going to appear.

I bet is the same guy saying it.

There’s a difference between having the whole story spoiled and having any sort of promotion for the new plot or characters. The times where they don’t hype shut up or leave shit a secret it ends up being shit like the Hand in DD S2, Davos in IF, and Diamondback in Luke Cage.

Some producer implied he’d be in Punisher most recently but it seems like that was scrapped last minute probably because of Disney’s new streaming service.

it's Netflix, why does it need to be advertised?

Kilgrave was the one redeemable aspect of season one, and they still managed to fuck that up by having him reveal his return to Jessica before the end of the first fucking episode. JJ is supposed to be closer to a crime/mystery/noir series more than a straight up action/drama, but you can't have that kind of show if there's no actual mystery for the protagonist to investigate and solve.

The entire first half of the season should have been the buildup to Kilgrave's reveal, with JJ dealing with seemingly random cases and slowly realizing they're all connected and were orchestrated by Kilgrave. Instead the show introduces him in the first episode and we spend the rest of the season trying to pad shit out and delay the inevitable confrontations between them as long as possible - it was fucking retarded.

yeah, go figure.

If you look at those "Coming Next Month on Netflix..." posts on every site you'll start to notice Netflix is dumping all of their original content together throughout the months when chunks of other shows are moved.

If there's one lesson that Marvel needs to learn about these live action shows its to drop the fucking season arc bullshit.

Punisher should have been a series of short stories where Frank goes after different bad guys and then it builds up to some kind of bigger plot or conspiracy in the finale - ala MAX. Instead we got a good pilot followed by 10 hours of Lifetime relationship shit and cop drama while we waited for Frank to finally start franking franks. Luke Cage should have been a series of stories about Luke going after different small-time baddies in Harlem while trying to deal with and protect the regular folks living their. Instead it was hour after hour of talking and waiting and talking and talking and waiting. The first proper action set-piece, where Luke busts into the Crispus Attucks complex and steals Diamondback's money takes TWO FUCKING HOURS of buildup. Iron Fist should have been thirteen episodes of exciting kung fu action. Instead the fucking "Danny proves he's Danny" arc takes up most of the first four episodes and almost the entirety of the show becomes a fucking boardroom drama.

Comic book characters and stories aren't robust enough to carry a 13 hour season arc with only 2 hours of actual plot. The shows need to move to more of a vignette style, condensing stories into episodic stories or short 1-2 episode mini-arcs. You can still have overarching stories going on in the background that lead up to a big finale, but the stories for the individual episodes should be able to stand on their own.

>Comic book characters and stories aren't robust enough to carry a 13 hour season arc
you are an idiot. Yes they are, they just need to develop them a bit more with good writing.

Netflix shows are confirmed not to be on Disney's new streaming service.

Even the good reviews are conceding how much the story sucks but says Ritter is great as Jessica and it's well directed. Take that as you will

Looks like I'll be skipping this one too

I'm only going to watch the new season for this guy.

>inb4 it's just a flashback, hallucination Arkham Knight style

jessica jones was the worst with that I couldnt finish it

I just want to fuck David Tennant. Is that so much to ask?

Supposedly the entire first hour is Jessica Jones in anger management. AN ENTIRE HOUR. Episodes 2-4 are laying breadcrumbs and just long scenes of dialogue. The main plot doesn't start setting in until Episode 5. If reviews are to be believed, it's the slowest MCU show yet.

It's getting padded.
>Hush.
>Be quiet.
It's getting slower.
>Be calm. Don't get upset.
We better skip watching it.
>No. No, don't skip it.
>Whatever you do, don't skip it.
It's gonna be so boring. I CAN'T STAND IT ANY LONGER!

Honestly they should just bring in She-Hulk and have them fight leftover Hulk villains like Zzzax, U-Foes, the Leader (bring back Tim Blake Nelson), Bi-Beast, etc. I would watch 13 eps of that.

>Reviewing an entire 13 episode series based on the first 5 episodes
I would love a slow burn detective story. Sup Forums was fucking wrong about Punisher so I'm starting to have faith in Netflix phase 2.

I saw the entire 1st season and it was complete shit minus the last episode in wich she kills Purple Man. I wont be watching this 2nd season at all.

Daredevil S1>>Daredevil S2>The Punisher>Luke Cage=Jessica Jones>Defenders>>Iron Fist

That is a bullshit excuse. Your solution is just "write better"

Absolutely this. But it's not something that affects only Marvel.

A lot of Netflix shows follow this "binge-watching" model where you need to keep watching episode after episode to have some sort of closure (which more often than not, isn't really worth the wait).

And you could say the same for comics. Where 2, 3 issues worth of plot get streched over to 6-10 floppies.

It's a trend, and it's so fucking exhausting. By the time I get to the end, I've lost interest. And NOT because I have ADD, but because the story wasn't worth it.

How strong is jessica jones anyway?

Plot strong.

Not all of Defenders was wasted potential.

>Jimmy Woo
He says Luke Cage is equitable to Jessica Jones. I'd say that's fair. They were both about four episodes too long.

>Jessica Jones
>entertainment
Nah.

Yeah retard, because the shows suffer from bad writing. There's no reason Luke Cage, Iron Fist or the Punisher shouldnt have way better shows than Jessica Jones. The writing is the biggest thing crippling these shows.

JJ> DD (S2 was just as good on average, higher moments and lower moments) > Defenders >LC>IF

alcohol.

no way Defenders was better than Luke Cage

>Kilgrave basically *was* the show
Explains why it was so awful.

eh, you are probably right. The show just tanked so hard after Cottonmouth died that it tanked my rating as well

Just most of it.

The show died with Kilgrave. Based David Tennant carried the whole thing.

Right, so they're probably saving Moony for their own service.

>K'un Lun being destroyed
>Sigourney
>Luke suddenly not being in jail at the start
>Stick
>Elektra
>Dragon bones
>Gao being reduced to a henchman
>Claire gets out alive
>No Luke/Jessica
>No Danny/Misty
>No Ward
>Killing off each of the fingers

>>No Luke/Jessica

That's a good thing. Fuck Bendis, Luke deserves to be with Claire.

wtf were they doing with Diamondback? Comic origin was better, but here they tried to make some sort of scary villain who was also corny as fuck?

Wait, seriously? What the fuck are they going to do? Rather not have 13 episodes of the eye rolling drunkard

Luke deserves to be played by a charismatic actor...

Why do people like DD Season 1 as much as they do? It bored the shit out of me through most of it, Matt isn't the most interesting character either and it was about 12 episodes of him getting the shit kicked out of him by low-level street thugs and 1 episode of him getting the shit kicked out of him by 1 high level street thug. Season 2 was more entertaining, despite the bit of sloppier writing in it.

Personally, JJ is my favorite Marvel Netflix show but I have doubts about this coming season. I'm not sure it can follow up with the same things that interested me in the first season.

He's going to be suped up in season 2, assuming he sticks around.

combination of a great pilot, solid directing and good side villains while building up to an amazing antagonist who is also build up character wise in most episodes

just watch the end of the first ep with daredevil listening on the roof hearing the russians and the chinese gangs etc, it just get's you psyched up for the rest of the seasson

also it had better side characters both antagonists and protagonists

JJ had tenant but missed any other threats (don't say nuke he was done way to slow)

I guess it just has a different effect on people. I will give you that Kingpin was well-written and very well built-up, but I don't know. It just wasn't enough to make up for everything else that bothered me.

yeah Mike Colter cant act for shit and his line delivery is fucking terrible. Colter seems to be the reason why Cage's personality and fight scenes sucked:

>I was so against it, I revisit the feeling I had, that first initial look at the character, trying to figure out the research and the character, who this is guy this, and I’m like, ‘I don’t want any part of this.’ I couldn’t think of anything that I didn’t want to do more. I didn’t want to do anything physical, a role where it relied on power and all the stuff like that. And also, I didn’t know how the character would be written, I didn’t know what this character was going to be like. It just seemed limiting. I just thought, ‘What could I do with this?’ I hadn’t seen any material yet. The idea of the character made me cringe.”

>"Everybody has an idea of how the character is going to be, and I’m like, this is how I’m going to do it and this is it, take it or leave it. I’m not saying that’s what I said, but I felt like if they were to try and push me in a certain way, that I would’ve walked away from it. There was only one way that I thought this character should be portrayed that I wasn’t going to compromise on."

mcuexchange.com/mike-colter-describes-his-initial-concern-with-playing-luke-cage/

That's an actual quote. A person chosen to play POWER MAN didnt want to do fight scenes and thought the character was "cringey". No wonder the show was so boring and preachy

the thing to me with DD was that each episode had it's own plot (at least the first half, once he truely met kingpin it became about him)

JJ had just one guy
LC had two of which the latter was horrible
IF is just a mess I don't want to think about (maybe because I was most excited for it and it gave me zilch)

She's a "fierce" and "independent" and "empowered" woman who "don't need no man."

That is all the plot you need in 2018 for SJW divershitty feminism libtard propaganda gobblers.

Doesnt matter. He shouldve been the Kingpin of the show and had the sole focus on developing him similar to the comics. Black Mariah literally added NOTHING to the show. And Cottonmouth was what I expected Diamondback to be like.

Punished felt the best paced but yeah all the shows have this same problem where they get to the middle and pad by repeating plot points or just having 2-3 episodes of fuck all they need to work out how many episodes the story will take instead of stretching the story to last a certain number

People like it since it had this air of potential for a new street level world, similar to Iron Man 1. It had great supporting characters and a decent plot that newer seasons could easily build on. JJ was full of unlikeable characters.

but... but... but... it's a female lead. It's support to inherently be better than anything with males..

Here's also the thing
I had no expectations for Daredevil whatsoever, it seemed like Arrow 2.0 from every preview.
Jessica Jones is nothing but wasted potential which is especially hurtful after DD raised your expectations. Not to mention that I was watching much better slow-burn crime dramas at the time.

rumor has it the new villain will be a tranny

Is nuke coming back?
>Mah boiz

Terry Crews should've been Luke Cage, Colter is a travesty

>an even worse actor should have been luke cage
no

I agree with this. You need an actor who is like Charlie Cox. Looks close to the character but has the acting ability for drama and charisma to pull off comedy and elevate the material.

A lesser known name would work. Anyone except Mike Colter.

Crews is charismatic, huge like Power Man should be and he's actually not a bad actor if you watch Brooklyn nine nine
Anything is better than Mike "i hate this character but love the shekels so i'll just be myself and say 'i want to do something different with him' to appear like i know what the fuck i'm talking about" Colter

Is evil Jessica Jones a upbeat and personable girl who likes to help people?

Jessica Jones was pretty much a one story character. No idea why they are pushing her to have a second season.

Lance Gross was the other person looked at to be Luke Cage. Don't know too much about him but he seems like he's cooler than Colter. Could've been a lot better.

Why does anyone care enough about Jessica Jones for her to have a show in the first place?
My God, I want to go back in time and snap baby Bendis' neck.

Beats me, but if I say something bad about Alias Sup Forums will give me unwanted (you)s.

How come Dakota North never got this kind of push?

Disney is not interested on hyping Jessica Jones because they're invested on competing with Netflix next year. They'll probably let Marvel Netflix to die because Marvel properties can't sustain without the Disney machine

he looks cool, but can he act? I don't want people who cast Gal Gadot casting Luke Cage cause he is 'cool' and not actually A FUCKING ACTOR