Was this show any good...

Was this show any good? I'm about to play the games a bit more and was wondering if I might as well bulk up on the rest of what they're in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9-4YtnoQskk
youtube.com/watch?v=kQGdri7d3dY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was too clever for its own good. Had it not been on a kids network and rather a network like comedy central that would allow more creative freedom it would be less niche as it is today

Should I play the gmes first or can I watch the show with no prior knowledge?

I dont think there is actually any continuity so any order is fine

You don't need to play the games first to watch the cartoon but playing the games like hit the road and getting the idea of the kind of humor sam and max is known for will definitely help you enjoy the cartoon more. The adventures of sam & max freelance police was made more for those who love sam and max than kids and it's part of the reason why it got cancelled too early. Show has an animaniacs like vibe to it but didn't make the success with kids that animaniacs did.

nice, going to watch some episodes at the work.

It was really willing to get risque with the humor and didn't even need yakko to show up to remind everyone they got another joke past the censors

You crack me up, little buddy.

It's amazing. Never played the games, but the show was really clever.

I miss them. the games are amazing.
I'm gonna buy Sam & Max Police Freelance, is it good?
For me, the definitive voices of Sam and Max are the voices from the Telltale games.

Thread theme :youtube.com/watch?v=9-4YtnoQskk

same. i watched the first episode of this and thought the "wrong" voices would throw me off but they're like 80% similar so i adjusted really quickly. pretty funny show. pretty sure the games are solid otherwise they wouldn't be cult hit status.

it was great, also Harvey Atkin will always remain as my favorite voice for Sam, too bad we will never hear it again.

they did an adaptation of "a bad day on the moon" comic, that alone will always put it as my favorite take on S&M

>tfw realize I haven't heard his voice in the Leon's commericals in years

He's dead?

technically if you feel like chronological order is that important, then you should start with the comic, then the Lucas Art game, then the cartoon and finally the telltale games.

yep

Sam and Max hit the road is considered to be one of the best point and click adventure games there is. It's challenging but doesn't suffer common flaws 1980s adventure games had like cryptic puzzles where you have to type very specific commands with specific verbs to solve a puzzle or click an item on a puzzle you would never think to use or if you don't collect this one item in the very start of the game you'll never be able to win it. The TT games sam and max were good but not as good as hit the road.

Holly bareback gorilla in a hot relaxing spa! Those jazzy tunes are pure sex to the ears.

>Telltales nowaday

Hey, maybe they will appears in Poker Night 3.

Well, i'm pretty sure telltale can still do some good games, i think they were approched by Alex Hirch for something related to Gravity falls. i'm hoping Stan in Poker Night 3.

For years I only knew Sam and Max from the Fox Kids cartoon, it wasn't until the early 2000s I discovered it was a game and comic series too.

The cartoon voices are the definitive voices for me, so it always takes a bit of adjustment.

>Hey, maybe they will appears in Poker Night 3.
I want them to do both sam and max. It's not that I don't like sam but max is always the more fun one especially with how they casted poker night 1 compared to 2

I haven't played a TT game since walking dead season 2, but i heard the recent batman games have been pretty good and they have been a return to form for them.

>Stan Pines vs Strong Bad, round 2

The voices in hit the road, cartoon, and telltale games are for the most part the same with some minor differences. But I played the telltale games ones first so it's the one I associate them both with the most.

>Harvey Atkin is Crag in Ripping Friends
>for two episodes, before getting replaced

what a bummer

Nah, i would like another character to fill the "comic book" side of the table.
But they could be in the background, and some time intervene to the conversation.

If they ever do make a season four, I really hope they go back to the same classic adventure game format, with actual puzzles and buckets of hilarious flavor text.
a cinematic "Max will remember that" type of game wouldn't suit them at all.

Wasn't too fond of Atkin at first, but he's grown on me a fair bit over the years.

Robert Tinkler as Max though, holy shit, what a perfect choice!

They even went to the moon for the final episode "bright side of the moon" in season 1 "sam and max save the world" of the telltale games point and click series. That comic is pretty influential for the series.

Source?

their was a lot of tweets by Alex.

And this.

It's Lorn

THE FRIEND FOR LIFE

It's funny to see someone who can get even max to beg to leave them alone

in something partially related did the Geek ever became a flavor of the month here? she seem right up Sup Forums's alley in waifu taste

Comfy Sam and Max thread, anyone?

Sometimes I wonder if it's a blessing or a curse that we haven't gotten that much material of the two.

Nope

In today's society, it's more of a blessing.

hey look who his VA is

I'll take less content if it means less likely chance to be completely ruined

What's this sound i hear? youtube.com/watch?v=kQGdri7d3dY

NO MAFIA HERE.

I think that was the scene I fell in love with TellTale Games. We need more musical numbers in games.

Superball was one of the best side characters.

comfy

Its all on youtube for free. Find out for yourself.

>would be considered a fetish thing, but it's Max so it's normal for him to do that.

reminder

Reminder that Devil's Playhouse was the best Telltale season.
>Now, select a phone number that Max has memorized to teleport himself and his furry long-time companion to that location. And also Sam.

The wolf among us season 2 got a relrase date at least.

>New game season never
>They do nothing but mainstream fads now devoid of real wit in favorite of creating memes

>a cinematic "Max will remember that" type of game wouldn't suit them at all.

>Remember what?

>Hah. You crack me up little buddy.

>point and click adventure games
also, requesting that rule 63 screencap, the anons in that thread nailed the humor pretty good

Guybrush for Poker Night when

This fucking game.