I never watched it, should i?

I never watched it, should i?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bfjj7Y9N27c
youtube.com/watch?v=uU2juYxL8tE
youtube.com/watch?v=xBoRLr3kgtU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only if you enjoy things that start out good and never stop getting better.

pilot episode isn't like the rest of the series, plebs usually drop it there

The only time you'll regret it is after finishing the series and realizing it takes years for new seasons to come out.

It's definitely worth it. It becomes really quotable

I marathoned it last month and thought it was going to be one of those shows that starts out good gets shittier as they run out of ideas, boy how wrong I was.

What really got me was reading threads on Sup Forums and anons saying "the first season sucks but it gets much better" and I couldn't understand what was wrong with the first season. Only now I know it was fine but they set the bar so much higher as it goes that the old stuff seems shitty in comparison. I still disagree though, the first season is still fucking solid and I'd rewatch it in a heartbeat. Definitely recommend a watch, user.

Absolutely. I’m currently rewatching it right now and I’m enjoying it just as much as the first time.

21! There is a cabby outside waiting for his fare. Slay him.
There are so many great throwaway lines that just stick with you.

>he first season is still fucking solid and I'd rewatch it in a heartbeat. Definitely recommend a watch, user.
yes i agree, i remember the first two episodes being pretty doesn'tbut the episode of the dream machine when they introduce orpheus it completely buy me

First season is johnny quest spoof. The rest of the seasons build on that creating cool characters and places.

Yes. Best adult animated show period.

The only people that say season one suck are the ones that haven't rewatched it.

>Ease up on him dude, It's not like its loaded or anything

>World domination please. Do I look that stupid to you? I'll leave this to the republicans and democratic thank you.

Go in with lowered expectations for season 1, it's alright but it really picks up season 2.
>Always kills clean, doesn't let dames get in the way
> Honestly, Hank, where do you pick that stuff up? I never see you read!
>It's weird right?
>It's like he channels dead crazy people!

I have really grown bitter towards this show which once was my favourite.

>You're doing leslie cohens homework!
>That's cuz he has a tiny chiny chubby for her

>mfw I realize I started watching the show in late middle school and I've been graduated outta highschool going on 8 years now

Talk about Doc Hammers wild ride

>You started the series younger than the Boys
>You might finish it older than Doc

>yfw speedy

>Wow... he's really on there good.

Yes

Yep. It worth watching.

Wow...THAT SUCKED!

It's one of the best cartoons from this era if not the best.

Which cartoon is this actually? I have never watched it

Venture Bros.

fpbp

The Venture Bros.

>Statrs mainly as a Johnny Quest parody cartoon
>become an absolutely solid D E E P E S T L O R E cartoon with well written and memorable characthers
Yes You have too

>member berries: the series
yeah then go see Ready Player One and tell us and facebook how much you liked that too

You dont deserve a you

MECHA-SHIVA
MECHA-SHIVA

It's the best animated show I've ever watched. I've rewatched some episodes 5 or more times and still enjoy them.

>rewatch the pilot
>Rusty is obviously gay for Brock
I'm glad that they didn't go that route, honestly. I'm a bit bummed that they didn't keep Brock being actually psychotic for a bit longer, though.

But, user.

He went on a spiritual journey and fucked a dolphin. He overcame his psychosis.

Oh right

I really need to binge watch the whole thing again

>"You know...I think I feel bad about killing that guy."

More he came to terms with it than overcome it.

>Wuh – one time, I am in the Amazon, on my canoe, and I see, swim, the dolphin, the, uh, the beautiful dolphin, and I slip out of my canoe, and I grab her, this…fish…and, uh, then I fucked it… the fish!

>The Hell’s that got to with anything?

>Kayho Hadaile! Hot dolphin!

THAT NEVER HAPPENED

Yes it has been consistently one of the best if not the best adult oriented cartoons since it's premier. It's first season is a little wonky but still good and once the series finds it's legs it just gets better and better.
I just rewatched it about a month or to ago also and I swear it gets better every time. That scene at Hatred's party in season 3 where the villains are playing a celebrity guessing game and Dr.Girlfriend takes off her card and says "who the fuck is Jacqueline Onassis" had me in tears.

You think you're hot shit in a champagne glass but really you are a cold diarrhea in a dixie cup
I just sold you for a cigarette and I don't smoke

>Yeah? Well my boot wants to join up with your ass, and I'm about to throw 'em a shotgun wedding!

>king I need my bitch back
>fuck you give me a dollar

It's funny, I HATED the pilot, but Venture Bros ended up being one of my all time favorite shows.

Does Monarch have this back tattoo in more episodes or was this just a one time thing ?
>I can't believe that whore stole my Stanza
> I can't believe that whore made it past the lake of acid...

Later in the episode he's literally washing it off.

One time thing. Same episode you see Monarch taking a shower and it's revealed to be paint, not an actual tattoo.

You're using a South Park reference to shittalk Venture Bros? That's not even irony, that's just sad.

>Oohh, my Stanza! Doug's gonna kill me.
>>Who the hell is Doug?
>My dad...I never finished paying him for this.
This exchange has always been so fucking funny to me and I still don't know why.

>99087568
I can't hear you! Because I hate you!

It never really occured to me, but was 21 actually gipped or was S1 Brock just that OP

Doc told him it was a prototype he never got working, if I recall.

Doc said that he got the Light part of it right and in the correct shape too but could never get the actual deadly "Saber" part working.

I thought this was my favorite show when I saw this
youtube.com/watch?v=bfjj7Y9N27c

I confirmed this was the best show on Adult Swim when I saw this
youtube.com/watch?v=uU2juYxL8tE

youtube.com/watch?v=xBoRLr3kgtU
somehow even better

it peaked in season 2.

where the fuck was orpheus during s6?

It becomes much less rapid fire funny after season 2.

Back in Nev Mexizona

Get fucked, son.

He said that he originally created the prototype for Kenner Products, the company that made a lot of the Star Wars figures, but they didn't want it because it cost 2mil in parts alone. He then mentions trying to sell it to the Army, but "they don't swordfight anymore." 21 probably thought he made it deadly for the Army demo, but he was wrong.

What scene was that in?

this

>I feel so dirty when they start talking cute, I wanna tell her that I love her but the point is opobably moot
>are you quoting fucking Jesse's girl ?

thanks a lot OP I had to watch thanks to you

>Oh, that's just my ComPanda, I won her in a quiz contest from David Bowie

deepest lore

also I demand to more of the original Team Venture in their glory days, that could be seasons worth of great episodes

BRRRRICK FROG!

In retrospect, brock isn't as hung as I thought, but damn it's THICK

it's bigger than her head

he's just huge to start with

Yeah, the pilot was just too mean spirited. Ultimately what has me come back to the show is how much heart it has.

>Mol's neck
Jesus.

I'd say one reason (of many) why VB is as solid as it is is because of the limited writers pool: with the exception of three eps involving Ben Edlund (the guy who created The Tick), the only two writers on the series are Publick and Hammer

Fucking Ruski Womyn

Brock's, like, 7 feet tall. It's probably just average proportionately, but it's still huge compared to the normal 6' person.

That actually makes sense as to why he never goes full genocide anymore. Doc and Jackson are pretty humble in their commentary but damn do they seem to keep track of this stuff even 15 years later.

>kylo ren vs luke.webm

>they fight again
>Brock says "boo"
>21 does the spin move again but this time with a back fist

>Poor little guy.. He was this close to getting his wings, too.

>He also opens with "do I know you" again
>21 doesn't flinch, but still approaches spinning around in a goofy manner
The 21/Brock rematch was honestly pure kino from a VB standpoint.

>Like A Friend
Easily my favorite finale of anything ever. I insist that the show could have ended here and it would have been perfect. I'm still glad we have more but damn I worry the series finale won't top it.

This is definitely true but I'm okay with that. Some of my favorite episodes to rewatch are from season one like the yard sale one. The story and character interactions are better in the later seasons, so it's worse in one aspect but better in another.

With a show like The Venture Bros, an ideal final that ties up all the loose ends would be difficult to write. It's a show I could see going on indefinitely, so it's more a matter of where you decide to stop the story.

Doc & Jackson have said previously that if or when Venture Bros. ends it won't have a traditional ending, it'll just stop bc it feels their theme of failure.

Didn't they say they were done with the theme of failure a couple of seasons ago?

yes

I wasn't aware Russian women were made of Laffy Taffy.

Clearly she was sent by television and had to be stretched back out.

Yep. They said people who fixate on the failure thing are basically idiots. It was something they said once near the beginning and reddit nerds take it as a bible for the entire show.

Oh absolutely, even if you wind up not liking it, you have to at least give it a chance.

>Your powers are unless against me you silly billy.

easily the best character

I think it was more they regretted it in the first place since everyone viewed it with such a pessimistic tone that they didn't get that it was supposed to be more bittersweet than they were letting on.
Like everyone read it is: NOTHING NICE CAN EVER HAPPEN
Whereas it was probably more of a "it's funny where the strange and shitty things in our life take us". Like Season 5 ends with Jj dying, the 8th wonder of the world blowing up again, and the compound burning down for good, all of which leads to Season 6 in which Rusty is seemingly ontop of the world.
I think Hunter has him beat, maybe Col Gentleman too.

I hate that I watched a few episodes here and there between each season as it just aired on TV. I'd have to rewatch from the beginning. I might do that. Just skip episodes I know for sure I've seen. Like that mechasheeba or whatever episode

>I think Hunter has him beat, maybe Col Gentleman too.
we ought to add in General Treister as well

but it's almost not fair, Dr Killenger only got 2 or 3 appearances

>Ruski
>gif is from Ukrainian show

This is my problem. Started rewatching today.

>deepest lore
Was the panda the real David Bowie's, or the Sovereign's?

good question

could the real Bowie find and hire one of the best mercenaries in the world?