ACTION COMICS #1000 PREVIEW Tom King story

fuck. this was a beautiful short.

Yawn.

can't believe DC didn't get any good Superman writers for their 1000th issue

So what, everyone is immortal now?

Wouldn’t he have gone one million by now or is he just reaching strange visitors levels of power

They got Donner I think

Good story, looking forward to this issue

beautiful

What is?

Love?

>Trunks
Gross

Kingfags everybody.

Your face is gross

Said the pimple faced fatboy.

Nuh urs is

I was trying to make a "What is Love? Baby don't hurt me" joke

I’m rubber you’re glue

>AC #1000
>no Grant
Why DC?

So they're doing this "Superman is immortal" shit again? I prefer the future stories where he ages slower and his temples are white.

Will Zatara appear?

I think I heard somewhere there’s still more writers not announced, so you never know
plus it’s not like he’ll top All Star Superman

King and tomasi have the Kent’s as Christians
Bendis is going to make kal el a Jew

Very nice.

I like it, personally.

>beautiful
>people actually think this was a masterpiece

Made me realize King on Superman would be a bad idea, thank god for bendis

God this is so contrived. Is this like the "easy way out" when writing Superman? Appeal to parental sentiment?

why the trunks?

>mourning your parents is contrived
Can you please stop reading comics? You clearly hate them.

Why not?

Beautiful, gotta feeling #1000 is gonna leave me in tears

Bendis chose to bring them back.

His previous costume was perfect. He didn’t need the trunks anymore.

He means Jewish in terms of being an immigrant, he's not going to start going to temple or forcing Lois to cover her hair etc. if he actually made Superman Jewish people would freak out

King got to write a story for Actions Comics 1000. He got a slot over guys like Morrison and Busiek. And he wastes it wanking surface-deep sentiment about "Ma and Pa Kent" and nothing else. This adds nothing. It says nothing. It's just there. It's matter-of-fact. No ambition. No love. Contrived as fuck. The only good thing about it is the art.

>We could have had the belt and the trunks and have it actually look good

Good goy.

face it DCfags, Morrison has moved on from your shit company

Damn you king, you fuck with batman only to create this? its unfair

Sup Forums is over there /r9k/tist

You do realise that Superman is based on Jewish heroes like Sampson right? His last name is Hebrew. That's the kind of stuff he wants to do, not having Clark be a Jewish person

he literally wrote a DC comic last month fuck are you talking about

4 BILLION years after the death of the Earth, and Clark still mourns his parents every day. It’s a fine short story and eloquently illustrates the love Superman has for his family.

Isn't he taking over Sideways?

And he’s coming back on Sideways soon and making a sequel to Arkham Asylum

Except it's only "4 BILLION years" in writing. Superman doesn't look, act, or talk like 4 billion years have passed. It's just an easy to way say "oh wow that's a long time". Surface-deep. You sound like the kind of bitch that cried over Identity Crisis.

>co-writer
Snyder literally just called him up cause he was out of ideas

4 billion years means that the sun expanded to venus orbit you shitface

Morrison liked what Snyder was doing autistic Morrison fag

No, it means almost nothing in regards to the context of the story beyond it being Ma and Pa Kent's grave. Everything and everyone else that he loves is apparently still alive just like in today's comics.

No, earth is where he grew up. Earth is where he learned to be who he was. Earth was being swallowed by the sun. He was saying good bye to the symbol that represented a lot to him, but most of all as a symbol of his adoptive parents.

pretty much this, it was his last farewell the thing that held most, his home.

Morrison is currently writing:
>Wonder Woman Earth-One Vol 2
>Arkham Asylum 2
>Is going to be co-writing Sideways in a few issues
The guy is just busy with his TV show and being the editor of Heavy Metal

Because this is the last day of Earth.

And he wants to say goodbye properly

No, that's YOU putting more into it than Tom King did. Reading what you want to read, not what's actually on paper.

>Thinking that Cates is the best writer in the big two because he wrote 6 issues for Marvel is okay
>Liking a King's story isn't okay
The STATE of Sup Forums

Yang is the best writer for the Big 2

You’re a retard.

My nigga

Nah, it's Cates. He wrote 3 issues of "Future Thanos buttfucks heroes", how many writers have this level of creativity?

The only company he wont write for is Marvel

There's the response I knew was coming. Kingfags are nothing if not consistent when unable profess their argument like an actual adult.

>Thinking that Cates is the best writer in the big two because he wrote 6 issues for Marvel is okay
You know that Cates wrote comics before Marvel, right?

Yeah. 6 issues for Image.

>act like a retard
>act smug when someone logically calls you a retard
What’s your endgame?

How can this be so good but his Batman be so terrible? Ah well, I’m excited for the rest of it now.

What's so good about it?

His name literally means “Voice of God” in Hebrew. Sup Forums is so retarded.

>think's God Country is all he ever wrote

>imagine being such a NEET you LITERALLY post the same stuff, on multiple threads, EVERY day
I don't give a fuck about Cates or the Big 2, but jesus fuck mate, you've taken autism to a whole new level. Are you also the guy that goes to every Iron Man thread and posts dicklet?

Great art. Good story about Clark making peace with his adopted planet’s death, saying goodbye to it like he never could Krypton.

Loving this art

This is literally the second time in my whole life that I have written that.

yeah and king posted the textless version of if anyone wants (it's on his twitter feed)

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS 5 PAGES STORY DOESN'T GO DEEP INTO SUPERMAN'S SITUATION AFTER 5 BILLION YEARS, IT'S SHIT
Sup Forums gets worse by the day.

Ah, if it as Ewing...

Ok mate, not that user but let's go into it. I have fucking hours to analyze this and not end up in "Retard" situations.

One condition. You start namecalling and not being able to hold up your end of the argument, you lose. Wanna go?

I really liked this, except for the whole

>5 BILLION YEARS,

Which is just too much bullshit and distracts from the otherwise good little story.

Eternity Formula? Why the fuck?

Clark got struck with Omega Sanction, but instead of going back in time like Bruce, he's doomed to watch everything he cares for eventually crumble away into stardust

BILLION YEARS,
that is the current estimate of the sun eating earth, it fluctuates a bit from 4-6 Billion but it's the right ballpark. I like when comics at least attempt to use scientific theory

What does being an immigrant have to do with being Jewish? Serious question.

Jews have always been refugees/immigrants cause no one wants them. literally the most hated race in the middle east for most of their existence. And good for them, the fucking monotheists.

I don't mind the 5 billion years part, but it feels a little cheap to have a "eternity formula". Having Lois die as well, and her doing so pretty peacefully, packs a better punch, and the comic kind of seems to imply that she is the only one who has access to it which seems uncharacteristically selfish for both of them

Implying that if the human race and Earth lasts even a fraction of that we won't actually have found a way to beat what we now consider impossible to avoid eventualities. I mean, fuck, in only several thousand years we have gone from hitting eachother with big sticks to harnessing the atom.

Give us a few more million years and we'll be building fucking pocket realities. Then again, I suppose he sort of covers that with earth being abandoned rather than humanity being gone, and Lois being around, apparantly.

>that is the current estimate of the sun eating earth,

Unnecessary (and unfavorable) to use the Sun eating Earth as a setting for this story. There are other better plot devices, which wouldn't invite questions or criticisms such as

Which I also agree with. It feels cheap, but my point is that you're asking these questions in the first place because the writer invites you to do so, by using shitty plot devices.

>tfw Clark, Lois and Jon are the only "humans" left, and live surrounded by over-evolved psychic amebas floating in space.

Quite mediocre. I have zero idea why people worship this author.

Let's hope the others are better.

>earths been abandon
humanity isn't extinct, read the fucking book

hahaha fucking rekt

Go be a contrarian somewhere else.

>being a Bendis/Johns apologist

You know what could actually be an interesting take on this sort of theme? Superman, the version that hung out with the Legion as a kid, coming to terms with the fact that they grew up and apart and that they aren't really supposed to be a large part of his life. More or less him having to face the fact that his first most careless and happy days as a hero are long gone, and that idyllic world with them.

>TOM KING
KEK, good luck Supesfags.

They would only pair him him with Wonder Woman if Lois was dead

Johns can write a decent supes though.

Wonder Woman is immortal too
Are you a SuperWonder shipper?

not at all

Thats between you and your foreskin, (((user))).

Sauce?