Who here stopped reading the big 2? and if is, why?

Who here stopped reading the big 2? and if is, why?

Depression + the realization that capeshit is by and large unsatisfying to read and follow. Once I pick up comics again Mister Miracle is the only thing from the Big 2 I care to finish.

Marvel: One More Day
DC: New 52

WHen I realized the stories were stuck in an eternal loop

Spiderman will never mature and be a teacher or scientist, he will keep being jobless 20s or 30s manchild without a canon age dating a new hot bitch every week and repeating his same mistakes

Batman will never cure his mental ilness, he will always be stuck in a self destructive fight against crime

The characters always feel the same, the universe is always the same, the only thing that changes is a new C-villain each couple of years

I'm not going to convince you to read again, it's your decision, but it came out a comic called spider man renew your votes where Peter grew up and is publishing, it's nice to see his family relationship, his daughter is nice

it looks like I'm about to stop with Bendis destroying Superman

now read marvel, superman would liked it that way

fuck, the pic

I stopped reading Marvel after the feminist bullshit took over.
I buy comics because I wanna have fun, not because I wanna be preached about how evil I am just for having a dick.
Thor was a particularly low blow for me, since that was my favorite series.

DC? Never really been a fan except for the occasional Batman purchase.

I stopped in the early 2010's when I just got fed up with crossover events always fucking up good storylines. That and every run I was interested in ended around that time. Then they destroyed the few runs I still read, either with constant reboots or by putting Bendis on it.

Green Lantern has luckily been ignored by all the horseshit. And oddly enough, so did Spider-Man, even if they use the stupidest bullshit excuses to do so. I still read those. But yeah, beyond that I mostly read IDW, Image, and franco-belgian comics.

Less IDW now that they did the exact same fucking thing with Transformers. I don't give a shit about gay robots having a gender crisis or whatever shit that GI Joe is up to, I want to read about giant robots having a civil war where humans occasionally get in the crossfire. And now after deliberately leaving the primus/unicron story untouched to keep it a forgotten myth, they are shoehorning it in... and how? Unicron gets summoned by fucking Cobra, and Bumblebee's ghost will need to fight him.

Yeah I'm mad; but this is just the same shit I've been mad at when I stopped reading Marvel / DC many years ago. All the books I followed suffered from the same crap.

I only read the current two GL books. Granted I also only read Hellboy stuff outside of that. Or at least that's what I download. Getting in the mood to read a story arc is tough when you're sharing a laptop with my girlfriend.

Also I can't quite think of a reason why I stopped. I used to have a decent pull list a few years back. I guess a number of the Marvel books I read ended. Cosmic Marvel stopped being interesting once Star Lord and Nova got stuck in the Cancerverse (at least, that's what I think happened, haven't read it since). The Thunderbolts team I liked ended their series and was replaced with Red costume Thunderbolts for some reason and I couldn't be bothered to get into it. For DC, I was kind of invested in the New 52 Justice League, but it faded after a few arcs. I was reading Justice League 3000, but I lost interest. I think I started reading the New 52 Blue Beetle, but that didn't last long.

Superheroes have nothing left to say. I read a little but it is all just cause I'm addicted. For good books i have moved on.

They stopped making shit I like, for the most part.

Also, some of the authors literally went on twitter and told me not to read their shit.

Green Lanterns by Dog Fucker.
I'm rather new to comics, but a new writer jumping on board to continue their story really put me off on DC and Marvel for the most part.

>Green Lanterns by Dog Fucker.
context?

Humphries best comic, possibly excluding his current GL run was about a dog fucking police officer's romance.

It's a staple of the Storytime of Pain.

First of all, yes Seeley sucks.
Second, is this the first time you realized all of marvel/dc is facfiction?

>Second, is this the first time you realized all of marvel/dc is facfiction?
Not really, but it never really occurred to me how mindlessly dull and repetitive things would be once I read that final house party issue.

>Humphries best comic, possibly excluding his current GL run was about a dog fucking police officer's romance.
what?

>It's a staple of the Storytime of Pain.

every fucking capeshit is a storytime of pain nowadays.

with Marvel it felt like every time i would get invested in characters or a story the book would either get canceled (like Scarlet Spider or its follow up New Warriors) or get bogged down by crossovers and tie-ins like the various spider books
with DC it was similar but also DC tended to make with big status quo shifts that either didnt stick or were dumb. the fuckin Red Lantern Book was neat til Guy had to be shoved in dammit.
so now i mostly read Star Wars and IDW

But the dogfucking comic isn't cape and has been in SoP for like 5 years.