Storytime...

>Storytime, because I didn’t see it today let’s read Oblivion Song the new Kirkman book where everyone’s an asshole to the mc!

So what did you guys think of the new Walking dead issue

Read this this afternoon, got a real Black Science vibe, excited for the inevitable twists.

All I really want is something to fill that empty void Invincible left me with.

why does so much indieshit have this art style

>All I really want is something to fill that empty void Invincible left me with.
Agreeded even if there was a few misses invincible was a great ride

Why does he just tell them he’s gonna send them back home

My man, I loved how Kirkman even put the misses under a microscope by having Mark satirically mock the series by mocking dumb tropes from in-comic comics.

Just got my Ottley original page framed. its the Nolan releases Thragg page

>Insert jackass religious nut job here page

So anyone know how scientifically possible inter dimensional travel is? Just wondering because traveling to parallel worlds is such a common trope, but I always wondered what would happen if you ended up somewhere with even slightly different physics

Panel 3
>What an asshole!

So apparently somehow people stopped funding inter dimensional travel to a monster dimension which which would be open season for big game hunters not too mention oh yeah people are still there

So apparently somehow people stopped funding inter dimensional travel to a monster dimension which which would be open season for big game hunters not too mention oh yeah people are still there

Panel 3
>What an asshole

Panel 3
>What an asshole
But seriously she’s kinda an bitchy here

>Fuck you for risking your life for saving human beings stuck in a fucking monster universe, filled with fucking monsters!
>Fuck You for caring about your brother who may actually be alive, you should move on
>Fuck you I’m leaving
Bravo Kirkman

I’d buy a cd of that

Wouldn’t you need a lot more protection traveling to not just another world but another dimension

Especially one with monsters

Reminds me of BPRD Hell on Earth, with the monsters, overgrown city, and general artsyle

no idea what this is, i've never seen it before, but i'm pre-emptively thanking you, storytimer

WHAT A TWIST

neat

Thanks for posting this OP, I appreciate it

Highly depends on mechanics involved in travel and what things are exactly different. Most changes in laws that are native to our world would probably kill us but if you say added an additional force ("magic") on top of them we may be able to survive a move to such a world. Though inhabitants of a magic world won't be able to survive in ours or at least will lose all their powers and will have other detrimental effects.

Stable wormholes could allow universes leak into each other which will lead to really weird and unpleasant things happening.

Of the three #1s I read today, this one was the best. Unlike Gideon Falls and Highest House, I feel like I have a decent grasp of what's going on and where things are heading. So many #1s (especially in indie comics) hold things way too close to the chest in the first issue. I get you don't want to give away everything, but god damn give me a reason to pick up #2 beyond IT GETS BETTER WE SWEAR

I must be getting really cynical but I can only see this as a stealth tv series pitch.

I thought it was pretty awesome but kind of predictable Mercer is a crooked police officer. Looking forward to where this storyline is heading. I think Eugene is going to have to make a difficult decision on whether to join Stephanie's party who is actually Mercer's group that want to overthrow the government of Ohio or Pamela, who will be turning Michonne into her protoge of sorts.

As for Oblivion Song. I liked it but I wasn't too keen on the art style, plot definitely has me interested, I thought it would be pretty boring and a hack job Kirkman is just getting because of his Walking Dead name but I enjoyed the first issue. I wouldn't be surprised if JJ Abrams did a movie or TV series at some point since a lot of the pseudo-science reminds me of his works.

Man, the style of the monsters reminds me a lot about Generator Rex.

Kirkman said he's planned #30 and beyond possibly in the letter at the end of #1. He said we're getting a completely different book but I'm looking forward to what he writes.

If anything it's probably Kirkman trying to break into the video games market. He knows how successful the Walking Dead games are but this seems ripe for video games.

Sounds good to me.

Anyone know how many issues Image printed of this? I read somewhere Kirkman over printed so people wouldn't scalp it.

I liked it, the premise is fun.

Artist must be newer, not much comes up when I google him. Suprised kirkman didn't team up with somone more seasoned for this.

Did it remind anyone else of the manga Made in Abyss?

I gotta say I preferred Gideon Falls as far as yesterdays Image #1s go, but that's probably because I'm a Twin Peaks nut

Wow really I fall in the complete opposite camp, Gideon falls is what caught my attention the most and I tuned out half way through this.

Oblivion Song feels like it needs a few more issues to get going, but honestly it seems like it’s rushing to a conflict instead of establishing itself.

Even comic got darksouled.

>religious nut job
Well, it takes place in the US.

More of Hellbreak.

Speaking of Kirkman, does anyone still keep up with the Walking Dead comic?
I was at my LCS and the cover had the guy in some weird orange armor like they created some kind of samurai power ranger armor to fend off zombies, and I wanna know what the heck is going on.

So I read this today and then went to the Fnac, a kind of French Barnes & Noble, and I saw a Oblivion Song hardcover.
I was like, "what the fuck, the first issue came today."

And so, yes, the first 6 chapters are available in a French hardcover, translated and all.

That's pretty common. French publishers like Delcourt will often acquire the foreign rights to creator-owned comics, bypass the monthly market (since they don't do that) and publish the trade. It helps when the book is already drawn when it's announced, as is the case with Oblivion Song. Sure they sent mock-copies of the trade exclusively to retailers so they could read all six issues in advance

Well generally, the trade's out once all the issues are out. I'm a bite surprise they release at the same time the first floppie and the first trade even if it's not in the same part of the world.

Like you said, there's no monthly market for indie comics here so i don't really understand why they rushed rather than wait 6 months.

You probably would, but as he said, they are short on funds.

I keep up with it regularly since I have a soft spot for it since it got me into American comics years and years ago. Pretty much Eugene met this other community based in Ohio over a radio he repaired and that soldier is a body guard for The Governor's Son, they are called The Commonwealth and have around 50,000 people. I'm enjoying this arc a lot actually, Michonne reunited with her daughter too.

Same here mate.

We barely stay alive in the environment we evolved in. Changing the chemical composition in the air a little bit kills us. Nobody would survive in a space with different physical laws unless the differences were unbelievably miniscule.

Same in Italy, hardcover with the first 6 chapters. Actually, I don't know if they did it with other comics.

I've seen comic shops in Europe before, UK user here, but from what I can tell they don't really seem prioritized on selling floppies and are more about trades.

>Your reasons for helping people must be 100% selfless or they don't count.
This is silly, also if the dimension travel is considered a safety risk why are they even allowing him to do it?

>And so, yes, the first 6 chapters are available in a French hardcover, translated and all.
This should be the standard. Squeeze burgers for nostalgiabucks on their fantastic format, while delivering picky customers from overseas their comics properly, as a book.

What art style? Something vaguely stylized? Are you really complaining about the art not being some generic comic book style?

Fuck me that’s just robbery if they’re releasing the first six issues and only giving us the single issues

I like it. Didn't completely wow me but the art is nice, the premise is interesting, and I care about the characters enough to read more.

Yeah exactly it isn’t a completing argument that he has personal reasons for hoping to a fucking monster world and saving human beings, oyster also insanely unprofessional and rude to openly mock a guy for wanting to save his family, but everyone wants to insist that they have “closure” which is dumb

bumpin

I was thinking that it's just too expensive, but he's able to do it on his own somehow. Maybe there is some conspiracy going on?

>Defacing a memorial by removing the names of people he saved

Yeah, same feeling.

Most of image's stuff is.

I liked it, but so far it seems kinda... obvious? I hope I'm wrong and Kirkman can surprise me.

obvious how? I wanna know how the oblivion dimension happened

You mean that entire second half of the book yeah just a few misses.

Yeah Kirkman can’t write women, she’s a bitch

This entire comic is pretty awful. You can shit on a guy without being retarded about it.

my nigguh.

Women are selfish cunts.
They don't know what altruism and self sacrifice is.

They are fickle and move on to the next guy who can give them an advantage in life, will drop you at a drop of a hat.