twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

exactly.

The army.

immigrant councellor
bull prepper

cuck

law enforcement

> immigrant councellor

I assume you were joking when writing this, but it is actually a job in Switzerland
fachperson-migration.ch/cms/

Government. Robots will be able to do everything except create bureaucratic sloth and human misery.

Welding is fairly future proof for the time being. Its used across a wide range of industries. The manual dexterity and ability to adjust on the fly will keep automation away for a long time (not to mention machines are too large for things like tube welding in confined spaces)Its automated in some applications but still needs an experienced operator even in that regard. Good earnings potential , quick to learn in trade school, skills gap = high demand and pay. Opportunities to travel or work abroad. Very easy to make 100k+ a year if you arent a lazy drug addict. I only work 7 months out of the year and take the other 5 off.

In the netherlands it's IT but also very importantly, technical IT.

Programming but it's also one of the worst jobs

You could do insurance restoration sales. There will always be hail storms, floods, etc. that damage people's homes. Money is good, plenty of opportunity to travel, and your income is inflation adjusted as most insurance estimates are generated by a software program called Xactimate that adjusts for fluctuations in cost from month to month. Long story short, I made 148k in 4 months and have made over 100k since I've been doing this (6 years). I work generally 6 months a year.

Information Technology

Oh thank God someone who is in welding is ITT.

How long did it take to learn welding, if you mind me asking? I'm thinking of going to trade school for it.

I call bullshit. Welding is already well done by robots...

What are the bad sides of being a welder?

Electrician for the win tbqhwyf

As a mechanical engineer...your comment is laughable, to keep it modest. Class A welders are the best paid positions in the world. For a reason. And no, I am not going to explain the details, you're gonna have to go into a technical university for that.

I went to a local trade school and finished in 1 year. Everyone generally sucks at first but it takes about 3 months to be competent enough to begin passing weld test. After 1 year I was certified in FCAW/SMAW/GTAW (Flux-core, Stick, and TIG) in both structural all positions and tube in all positions for those processes.

I was able to be placed with the local boilermakers union after school. You can just practice through the union hall and take their test and skip school all together. They will make you an apprentice from there.

The biggest thing they dont really make you aware of when you enroll in classes is that regardless of the certifications you receive from school you will be retested regularly to be able to work any decent paying welding job. I know people who can weld really well but have test anxiety and bust out anytime they have to test so if you are one of those types you may want to reconsider.

Don't forget to mention the dexterity one needs to keep a perfect weld at constant speed at sometimes insane angles...I seriously respect the work of really good welders. Conditions in which some welds are made, especially some offshore rig maintenance ones, are insane.

Yeah people I work with who are top tier can weld the backside of a 6 inch tube perfectly by simply looking at a mirror placed behind the tube. This will be in a tiny crawl space sized area inside a coal plant.

when the world's economics collapse and we're all forced to fend for ourselves and work together as small communities you wanna make sure you have skills that can produce goods that are desirable which will grant you security and a prominent place in the community. i.e. construction, resource refinement/smelting + smiting (producing tools), electric wiring (electrician), record keeping, Infrastructure (civil engineering), mechanical engineering, and traditional gender roles will be back in place as it's necessary for survival.

Culture comes later once the community has become larger and will develop naturally.

prepare yourself.

Near future, you've got electricians, plumbers, carpenters, etc. Basically, watch the series Dirty Jobs and pick one of those.

Supposedly teaching jobs will be very hard to automate.

No need to automate when you can push to online pre-developed curricula.

electrician
especially refrigeration tech

Could you tell me more user?

try sticking a robot in any confined space for example in an oil refinery or oil rig. just no.

i hate that as a journeymen, i have to constantly be tested and retested. one of the bigger reasons i'm looking at other trades.

How easy was it for find that union, or a job in general? What would you hard, or easy?

Also, you're kinda giving me a sense that some people are better than others at it. Is it easy to be inept as fuck at this job, despite schooling? What made those guys in the oil rigs and such better? Thanks for the info, user.

Is it every few months? Weeks? Is it really that annoying?

HVAC.

And damn near half the U.S. needs to replace old plumbing inc. mainlines, so that's going to be a booming industry forever.

I'm a Automotive/Heavy Machine Collision Repair Tech. Welding is one of the most rewarding things in life. I also paint and straighten the frames and whatnot. When u take a truck that has been smashed by a train, and are able to turn it back into a functioning/brand new vehicle again... Man it's like magic!

Yeah its a pain in the ass. In my union you retest every 6 months or so depending on when the last time you welded on the job was.

Its probably not as bad, i just get test anxiety. Especially when getting any decent job is based on a test, that and having the welds constantly x-rayed. Thats just for pipe welding
Admittedly, pipe welding probably wasnt for me, i really like welding structural though, almost never tested and usually each day is different.
all my experience is based on field welding, not sure of shop welding.

The union was very easy to find they are in most areas and are trying to recruit from schools. There are several unions for welders depending on what you want to do. Just call the closest one and ask them for an apprenticeship application and ask when they are offering shop time for practice.

You can work for the union without being a welder. They will train you as a mechanic which means you run around setting up machines and such. Yes some people are better welders than others but there are different types of welding for all skill levels. Tube/Pipe is generally going to be the toughest but there are wire fed welders that any monkey could do on flat plate. Its basically pulling a trigger on a gun.

I work in a union that deals with very high pressure tube lines and some larger pipes. These pipes can cost upwards of 1 million dollars so they want the best welders they can get to work on this stuff and they test the welds with X-ray machines but not all welding is that way. I have friends who are ship builders and its completely different from what I do. I chose Boilermaking because it seemed the most challenging aside from underwater welding. Not all companies will require you to test as regularly it just depends on the product and industry standards and regulations.

law enforcement/military

Exactly. I worked as a programmer for a cellular company but hated the office environment, hated being on a computer all day even though I love it as a hobby. Once I began welding I fell in love immediately. There is something just really rewarding and primal about watching the process from under your hood.

FUCK ORDER FOLLOWERS

It's terrible for your health

Water Filter Salesman

Anything involved with death. Even if less people are born, they will always die.

Plus you stay with a tan. Gotta be careful tho. If you burn your eyes it feels like sand rubbing your eyeball constantly. Worst shit ever!

Angriculture

*agriculture
Fuck

Probably riot control

Welding is solid if you make sure to get specialized

dangerous, I don't know the chemical names but another welder user will. You breath that shit all day, aluminum oxide is it? Also you can go blind

> I'm right, and so right that I needn't provide evidence to prove it.

This is true but not as bad as in the past. This is one reason the union is a benefit. Safety is the number one thing they stress. We have powered air supplies now so you dont have to breathe all of the toxins and such. My biggest concern being in a coal plant is arsenic dust. It really depends on what you are doing though industry wise. Dangerous jobs pay well you just have to decide if its what you want to do. I prefer being able to retire at 55 and draw a 5k a month pension while working 7 months a year to working til 65/70 with nothing other than what I have saved but everyone is different.

What do you need as evidence? Ive been around CNC style automated welders in a Mercedes plant. Those guys still have to know how to weld to run the machine. I have been around automated piper welders and it takes 2 guys to run that machine and all it can do is a circle.

Engineering, Science, and Medicine. Especially the medical field related to geriatrics, the populace is aging. They require care givers.

Engineering... well just about everything in that field really.

As the head of the secret council that runs the world I like my cushy lifestyle, the more people who make good money, the more money they spend on my evil corporate products. As such we've been pushing programs to help people get into these necessary jobs.

The tuition costs are too high in many cases.

Wew, this is alot of information, but I'm really getting motivated. I really appreciate these posts, man.

Last question, because I know I'm getting annoying: what field/specialty do you recommend (other than your own, of course heh). Does it just depends on the person? I never created a thing in my life, so I would have NO idea

Blindness, lung problems and eventually death. Other than that and 3rd degree burns every once in a while it's not to bad.

My dads a plumber, I did some apprentice work with him back before I came to school for a stem degree.

Being an indoctrinated idiot, I thought his work was for "low class" people. But you know, as long as people like have running water and shitting in toilets instead of yards, you need plumbers.

Every day could be a different job, sometimes house calls to switch out sinks, vanities, showers, toilets, water lines, etc. or bigger projects for buildings.

A plumber might do 'rough-in' work alongside the foundation guys, getting pipes in under walls, then digging in the dirt to set just the right grade, before the concrete is poured. Later, the plumbers will come back and set up turnouts to every needed location, and later still finish the job by putting in the actual appliances.

It's pretty good pay, though not as good as an electrician I don't think. You're moving around a lot, on your knees often, and can take a toll on your body as you get into your 50s.

Ah yes I am also a fan of the angriculture

Penis inspector.

t. $11hr Pajeet

I was in that position myself. It really depends and it takes some practice with welding to find what you are good at which is why most schools offer multiple certifications.

Some of my classmates didnt want to travel and just took local jobs at fabrication shops. The best thing is it is a versatile field and once you pick up one method its very easy to learn another.

I would suggest if you take classes look into anything they might offer with Aluminum welding, CNC , and tube welding as well as any blueprint or fabrication classes they offer for the widest range of skills you can pick up.These are the main "specialty" fields you will come across. Something else to consider that they dont inform you about is if you have any intentions of working in some military ship yards or nuclear plants you will need security clearance and background checks.

There are tons of welding vids on youtube. I would watch some to get familiar with what its like and to see the applications.

I want to get a job in Angryculture.

Well you've got a lot to choose from. There are many jobs involved in say, a plumbers work. You've the manufacturer; the wholesale, with sellers, warehouse guys, managers, office people, the actual plumbers that come in to buy shit, etc.

So my recommendation is that you get SOME kind of journeyman's license. It won't take long, and perhaps you could find a trade where they are actually in need of people, and they (govt, maybe) will pay for your (short period of) schooling. That's what my dad did in the late 70s, early 80s.

And if you end up doing something else, it's no big deal, because it was probably 2 years of practical training and you will make that back right away. Some guys will work for a bit, then decide they want to be a manager, and start their own business, that's a option (if successful, HOLY FUCK those guys live the good life)

IGNORE ALL LEAFS
>IGNORE ALL LEAFS
IGNORE ALL LEAFS
>IGNORE ALL LEAFS
IGNORE ALL LEAFS
>IGNORE ALL LEAFS
IGNORE ALL LEAFS
>IGNORE ALL LEAFS
IGNORE ALL LEAFS
>IGNORE ALL LEAFS

DONT GIVE THE LITERAL RETARDS THE (YOU)S THEY CRAVE

How much times did this happen to you?

Every house call is always a hot milf. She wanted to fuck but I said biiiiitttch

Sauce

Aircraft mechanic mate. World needs planes, world needs me

>Very easy to make 100k+ a year if you arent a lazy drug addict.
Really? Seemingly the only ways to make that kind of money here are if you're a pipeliner, a rig welder, an underwater welder or if you do maintenance runs in mines like fucking crazy.

>tfw I barely break 30k a year not counting cucktax
I'm just starting but it's still kinda depressing.

>I have friends who are ship builders and its completely different from what I do.
Oh and would you elaborate on that pl0x
I'm thinking about applying at a shipyard next spring either as a fitter or a welder (I'm a decent enough welder but I actually prefer fitting mostly because I'm a plan nerd) and I was wondering how it was.

We are so understaffed that they are begging people to delay retirement. Have been getting steady pay package increases. The OT is the big one though. Most people arent cut out for working 7 days a week 12 hours a day with tripple time on Sundays(granted thats only about 7 months out of the year unless you want to travel). Travel will net you even more with safety pay, per diem etc. I live in the south so when I travel north to work sometimes I really clean up since cost of living for me back home is so cheap compared to say Pennsylvania and when the job is over I get to collect unemployment from a northern state which pays usually twice or more what my state pays.

Cremationists

I got a welding job right out of welding school at age 19 making 50k a year with lots of overtime. Fuckers opened up a plant in china and slowly less and less was made over here. Then they got some new CEO in who has shut down every plant he has been at. So after working there for five years I get layed off. Currently enrolled in nursing school which is a fun change of pace. Welding was/is awesome they had me doing x-ray and ut work with exotic metals and steel and stainless. But after five years I was maxed out and kind of bored. I like a challenge and advancement

Sure. From what I know they usually weld giant plates in a vertical or horizontal position. Its easier in terms of welding (position and process) but you may be in situations where you are suspended and such. The environment is different than working in a power plant is the main thing. Some of my friends doing this have traveled to Asia to work in ship yards there. . They do mostly of flux core/FCAW welding on the ships with some pretty thick pieces of steel. The only downside ive seen aside from the heights is that a bunch of it is govt contract work that can fall through any moment. I have friends that work for BAE and they never know if the job is going to materialize until the last minute it seems.

Plumbers and electricians.

Plumber is obvious, get the shit down.
Electricians believe it or not, learn how to make generators and shit out of scrap part for shtf time.

Yeah that is a big issue with boredom for some. You can become an inspector which is a bit of a change. I am considering that if work ever gets too slow (no time soon for me) then I might try to teach at a community college or trade school. You usually only need an associates degree in anything and welding experience to get the job. My instructor seemed pretty cushy making 70k a year at a state job sitting on his ass handing out assignments and ordering materials.

Thank you famalama
Have a kitty

I actually like climbing on stuff I'm working on so that's good

>t. Over educated engineer
A single handy man can do all that shit better than half a dozen knobs with letters after their names.