What Happened To Dreamworks

They used to make great films like Prince of Egypt, Road To El Dorad, Shrek 1&2, Kung Fu Panda and How To Train Your Dragon but for the majority of this decade they've mostly been making crap like Puss In Boots, Croods, Shrek 4, Madagascar 3, Turbo, Home, Trolls, Boss Baby and more

Attached: 330px-DreamWorks_Animation_SKG_logo_with_fishing_boy.svg.png (330x194, 16K)

They’re also more profitable than ever before. Meme culture ruined animation

They made fish aimed at little kids

croods wasn't crap.

They made shit like Shark Tale, Over The Hedge, Megamind and Madagascar 3

megamind wasn't shit.

>great films
>Shrek 1&2
please kill yourself

WTF is your problem? Dragons: Race to the Edge is one of the best things I've watched since The Clone Wars.

Attached: MV5BYjJmMjc0ZjItODI4NS00MTEyLWIzZjktODAzO.jpg (1600x900, 145K)

trolls was good

>What happened?
Ever since Shrek they've been pumping out a meme flick and sequel for every good original film they produce, it's a bizarre contrast. Remember Shark Tale? Remember Bee Movie?
They've been at this for 15 years and you're all too stupid to know any better than to support them for it.

They were objectively good films.

Can't win against the Mouse.

Puss in Boots and Madagascar 3 are pretty good though

Dreamworks as a whole seemed to chase trends instead of setting them. Even movies like Shrek were reactionary. They also leaned a little too heavily on adaptations.

I actually enjoy a lot of their "lesser" movies like Megamind, Peabody and Sherman, Croods, and Captain Underpants. But even in these cases, the final output does not justify their cost. Dreamworks was set up with the belief that they were in a two-way CGI race against Pixar/Disney, when in reality they had to jostle for second place against many competitors, some of whom did what Dreamworks does more efficiently.

This , this company was created only out of spire, founded by Disney ex employee who know shitnabout animation. I will not miss when Illumination will swallow them whole.

TV animation division has been up to good shit lately with the announcement of Del Toro's Tales of Arcadia and Voltron. I heard Peabody and Sherman show was pretty good but haven't watched it to confirm.

Also Trollhunters showrunner Rodrigo Blaas is making a film based on his short film Alma which is a horror inspired short with Del Toro producing it.

Del Toro is off Alma. Said so himself. Blaas has no plans to do Alma until he's done with Trollhunters and possibly Tales of Arcadia too. I do know visdev had been started for Alma and it had a script from the screenwriter of Sunshine Cleaning and the author of Inkheart. But that was before DWA shelved just about every one of their more ambitious non-seqeul projects.

Don't forget Dragons which lead to buttloads of merchandise and toys.

That's said, it's weird how now all they seem to do is try to find franchises that will print more toy money.
I guess that's just a sidestep from try to find franchises that will produce a bunch of sequels.

They split from normal Dreamworks around 2004

I hope they pick it for a series either on Amazon or Netflix.

>I will not miss when Illumination will swallow them whole

Nah Comcast already tried looking into that.

Found out that Illumination was such a shitshow internally and could barely handle their current film load much less expanding it

So they just let Dreamworks run themselves for all purposes.

>They’re also more profitable than ever
LOL

This, they keep trying to find the next franchise that will print money but failing.
Even KFP3 didn't pull in the international money they were hoping for.
Now they've got to sell out to Netflix and Comcast just to stay afloat.

Attached: DWA x Netflix.jpg (1281x1179, 323K)

they shouldnt have neutered KFP so much, an entire village of retards is not funny, it's annoying.

also Zootopia accidentally stole the chinese market from them.