"Fuck yeah, they gave the Iron Giant a sick-looking gun! You know, the thing he was known for in the movie..."

"Fuck yeah, they gave the Iron Giant a sick-looking gun! You know, the thing he was known for in the movie..."

Attached: Iron Giant.jpg (1200x900, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t5Lz14wu1uw
itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/372-pages-well-never-get-back/id1275670692
twitter.com/nickisnixed/status/973693640437567489
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah? His weaponry is a pretty core part of the plot, what with him being a giant killer robot and all.

Does that look like any of his weapons?

It's just a prop ofr advertising, spergatron.

I was there the other night they had Doritos on silver platters. I dig the book so I appreciated that.

Attached: 1513159256050.jpg (540x540, 21K)

OH COOL EYE LASERS HE NEVER HAD THOSE BEFORE

CAN YOU SAY #BESTMOVIEEVER

Attached: Iron Badass.png (1280x534, 753K)

Why doesn't he look like he did in his movie?

he actually did, those were the first weapon of his to show up

That's literally his forearm without a hand. They're showing off the fact that he's been built piecce by piece for the movie, unless you really think he's going to be missing chest plates in the movie too.

you do realize this is isn't the "Iron Giant" right?
its a fictional depiction of an Iron Giant VR fan skin made by mid 21st century underage poverty trash.
please keep your autism under control.

Oh no don´t tell me the rumors where true.

Attached: tumblr_p5e0m5efYU1v24ruko1_1280[1].png (1080x1001, 555K)

Someone explain what this movie is exactly.

I guess cause it's a VR Chat so anyone can play anyone, that would make sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=t5Lz14wu1uw

In the future VRChat is the biggest and more profitable form of entretainment, the crazy weirdo that invented it dies and leaves an easter egg that would make whoever finds it rich.

Attached: vrchat-main-picture[1].png (923x423, 545K)

>tumblr

the thing that'll finally kill WB

Everyone is addicted to this virtual world while the real world is shitty. Creator of world dies, and has 3 keys for something that gives him his whole fortune (Willy Wonka level shit). Most of the trials turn out to be 80's trivia shit, which the main character knows.

Evil people want fortune, kill people in real life for it, moral of the story is that you should live in the real world instead of a fictional one, many many companies put their IP's in this film despite knowing the moral.

Do you know the anime Sword Art Online? It's that but with pop culture references out the ass

>click on image
>guy with a beard and some oddly colored hoodie
nah

Attached: black panther real life.png (485x355, 184K)

in your dreams fag

It sounds terrible.

Yes.

>(Willy Wonka level shit)
And just in case you didn't put it together on your own, they use an orchestral version of "Pure imagination" in the trailers.

Attached: why.gif (581x327, 3.72M)

You have no idea

>Faggot can't understand it's just a silly movie
So we are having this thread again, eh?

Attached: Girls.jpg (600x536, 77K)

It's a neat concept but poor execution.

It's WB it literally can't be anything else

>just turn your brain off bro

>I've never seen the film I'm shitposting about: The user

Well yeah, the .hack games did it somewhat well.

'MEMBER IRON GIANT?

Tell me the ending. Is it real treasure or a metaphor? What does the hero get?

>suprised at BLUUU ARMMMZZZ! level autism on Sup Forums

Attached: anonplz.png (644x644, 936K)

Trey or Matt actually said something along the lines of it looks like a movie made by the member berries

It's real. The money but the guy giving it gives this idotic as fuck speech about reality being real. Which seemed to be thrown in at the last second.

It's real, but the creator left behind a moral platitude that "real life is real" along with it, so the book could trick you into thinking it had more going on than a stream of gen x nerd references.

Actual excerpt from the book it was based on

Attached: 1520784624445.jpg (1024x860, 243K)

itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/372-pages-well-never-get-back/id1275670692

if you want to know exactly how terrible it is.

Does the vr shut down or he becomes admin or the world affected in any way other than some kid gets rich?

I think he removed the corporation that killed to gain the keys and they went bankrupt.

Attached: 1498888719759.png (669x514, 25K)

Also he brought his friend's avatars back to life. Whoopee.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HOLY SHIT OP YOU FUCKING CASUAL WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE OR GO BACK TO Sup Forums

Attached: Blank+_35dfec2b8e4e6a4b82bae82d2ca71753[1].jpg (200x200, 5K)

its funny though

its pretty much like the birth of what we have now, but like WAY WAAAAAAAAAAY more popular than it actually fucking is.

Doesnt he also go off on explaining how masturbating is literally the best thing ever or did I hallucinate that

The concept is literally
>HEY GUYS REMEMBER THIS

I mean, shit, can you blame him? He fucking lived in Ohio. This is the best he could think of.

>but the katana is also a gun

Attached: 1517798234552.jpg (251x216, 28K)

What's wrong with it? Is literally Gotg all over again

I mean the VR shit, the fact that people escape a wasteland using tech and a tech giant allowing people to try to gain his fortune by solving riddles.

Yes, specifically that masturbation is the cornerstone of all of human achievement

Attached: tumblr_inline_otxbz9OTJY1qaot6e_540.png (540x293, 133K)

dude just turn off your brains brah

Couldn't they just remake new avatars?

I LEFT IT ALL IN "THAT PLACE"

You're a fucking retard user

Attached: 1510694477264.jpg (1170x742, 70K)

Apparently Spielberg was adamant that the film is meant to be viewed with your brain turned off, so there's at least that.

Still doesn't make up for everything else, of course.

>And you can bet that Galileo, Newton, and Einstein never would have made their discoveries if they hadn't first been able to clear their heads by slapping the salami
>(Or "Knocking a few protons off the old hydrogen atom")

Attached: 1512841595167.jpg (749x537, 40K)

Humans aren't even unique when it comes to masturbating.

I mean he had a fuckton if weapons he was basically a walking Swiss Army knife of advance alien weapondry built to kill god knows what

I'm actually starting to think this movie looks like fun
Have I gone insane?

Attached: image.jpg (360x576, 56K)

GotG used old music as flavoring to the tone and Peter's character. RPO literally has nostalgia as its primary plot

Without the references, it's just Spy Kids 3

people loved it at SXSW and it's in the 70s on rotten tomatoes right now
but yes you're insane and probably have bad taste

It might be. Depends on how much they do with the properties in the film. All of the references in the book were used fairly shallowly, not much clever to most of them and they don't matter too much outside of the moments they come up. Allegedly The Iron Giant is the only one that really matters in the movie though, so I expect the movie to not get very clever with all this stuff.

Reminder that the report function exists and that you can help improve Sup Forums by using it against threads like this one which is against >>>Sup Forumsrules/1

if you go in looking for effects and references and expect nothing more you'll probably have a good time.
It will probably age terribly like all tech thriller wannabes but could be a cult funny-terrible movie in 25 years.

>its pretty much like the birth of what we have now, but like WAY WAAAAAAAAAAY more popular than it actually fucking is.
You could have said the same thing about the internet itself in 1997.

but I feel like complaining

>Without the references, it's just Spy Kids 3
That's a not a bad thing.

>RPO literally has nostalgia as its primary plot
The book does, but not the movie

It looks like a fun time to be honest

Idk I dont have much interest in this but I think Rampage looks fun

>fun
>enjoying entertainment
what a fag.

Not sick enough in my opinion. You people are forgetting that this isn't THE Iron Giant. It's some dude who's online avatar is the Iron Giant.

Attached: The_Iron_Giant.png (1000x503, 399K)

It's pretty funny to see Sup Forums unironically supporting "just turn your brain off, brah" when it directly panders to them

He needs an ass-raping cock that shoots whipped cream or else this isn't my avatar.

How much screen time Chun-Li has?

Nigger have you even watched the movie?

Attached: Iron-giant-war-of-the-worlds.jpg (1157x538, 217K)

>This is Spielberg’s biggest crowdpleaser in years, a CGI ride that wields the technology with an eye for payoff. It’s also his most stylized movie since A.I.: Artificial Intelligence, though a lot more fun, with the cavalcade of visuals leaving the impression that he watched a bunch of Luc Besson movies and decided he could outdo them all.

>I am not a gun.

why did Hogarth teach him lying was a sin?

Speaking of Ready Player 1....

Attached: C25E9A92-9C7B-4C04-A7CA-B0958470C187.jpg (571x960, 132K)

twitter.com/nickisnixed/status/973693640437567489

Is he right?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 54K)

Well, it is supposed to work for you if you happen to be the exact same age as the author.

>the katana is also a gun

Attached: tumblr_p4ayz3iScl1wxclgao1_500.png (470x525, 270K)

He's wrong. Smash has been enjoyable. If Smash was a PS4 game, Gerstmann would love it.

It sounds stupid enough to be entretaining, In the books the Delorean has the voice of Kit from Night Rider.

but isn't that just a derivitive of "a bunch of slashes dot hack"?

From the trailer it made it seem like the company wanted to find it to gain full ownership of the game. Which struck me as dumb, as if Jeff Kaplan owned Overwatch instead of Blizzard.

this can't be real. it's just naming shit. it's like family guy the book.

The Oasis IP was included.

The problem isnt The Iron Giant having guns, its using him as some badass war machine when the entire point was he chose NOT to be a war machine

It's not the Iron Giant though. It's some faggot with an Iron Giant skin mod. It's no more than Iron Giant than Ugandan Knuckles is Knuckles.

Aren't these just avatars that people are using in the movie to fight the baddies? It's not the actual Iron Giant character, but some guy avatar fagging as one?

>it's shitty on purpose

Well yeah but if you are going to reference it without caring about the mesage of the original source what is the point.

True, but I hate the idea of some faggot putting him in the movie because he looked cool and didn't think the imagery would be off putting.

Either way, I have no interest in this movie. It's a boring plot, with a fuckton of references that give it the illusion of something significant when its literally just HEY REMEMBER THIS?!? Like I care to see a movie which is basically a polished version of VR fucking chat

You can pretty much level that criticism at the entire fucking book. I don't think there is a point beyond DUDE REMEMBER REFERENCES? I REMEMBER REFERENCES.

it is literally a real life book that literally millions of retards bought with real money and really enjoyed.

Attached: 1520732133982.png (500x495, 134K)