Warner Bros. appears to have quietly removed a promotional video for Justice League’s upcoming Blu-ray release...

>Warner Bros. appears to have quietly removed a promotional video for Justice League’s upcoming Blu-ray release. The lighthearted video, which strongly invoked the classic Super Friends cartoon, was met with immediate hostility from DCEU fans.

screenrant.com/justice-league-twitter-account-deletes-cheesy-blu-ray-promotion-fan-backlash/

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/smcolbert/status/974128130926538752
youtube.com/watch?v=A8hgpyVB-wY
youtube.com/watch?v=zQe_WugEwCg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eh, it wasn't funny but hardly worth getting angry about.

>evoking Superfriends for any reason
Why in the fuck would they even want to do that? Superfriends was an utter piece of shit that left permanent scars on the perception of several characters. Wonder Woman, Hawman, and Aquaman will likely never recover from the damage this dumpster fire caused.

Fucking good they removed the video, since they never should've made it in the first place. Fuckin idiots.

Hey now, it wasn't a *complete* piece of shit. Alex Toth was on art, and the toyline gave Jack Kirby a nice paycheck.

Idk It looked like they were trying to add insult to injury.

Superfriends was what got me into DC in the first place.

> (OP)
>>evoking Superfriends for any reason
>Why in the fuck would they even want to do that?

Just the same way that people are mindlessly nostalgic for anything 90s today, in the 90s there was obsessive nostalgia for repulsive looking 1970s and early 1980s cartoons. I shit you not.
Leading to tons of parodies of this kind. Even the Ambiguously Gay Duo was a parody of 1970s superhero cartoons.

This current Super Friends thing is too late—1970s nostalgia is over, nobody sees it as anything but the same jack shit that Super Friends itself originally was.

What? This just looks like a cute hommage.
Jesus fuck how mad can DCEUfags get?

Attached: 1384136382874.png (232x303, 77K)

You must be 18 or older to use Sup Forums.

>nostalgia
>for Superfriends
Why.

Does anyone have the trailer? I'm interested in seeing it now.

Wow DC fans are even more pathetic than I thought

Attached: ATRib.jpg (500x399, 192K)

twitter.com/smcolbert/status/974128130926538752

Go away, marvelcuck.

>all the Superfriends defenders in this thread
I swear, the very concept of basic standards is dying.

>99247374

Attached: 1493851871321.png (600x1492, 1.23M)

>Comics
>Having any basic standards to begin with
>Including DC where the movies keep ruining their own IPs

Caring about the reputation of comics in 2018 is a joke. After 50 fucking reboots of comic lines, along with 90 rehashed story lines that are """improved""" upon and retold this industry is awful. I can't even justify spending money on this sinking ship.

Superfriends is utter shite, mate. It's not even funny bad.

I hear you. I'm not even sure a crash would help, since the reputation of the entire medium is fucked. Webcomics are in better shape than so called mainstream comics. Getting invested in this stuff was a mistake.

*tips fedora*

Are all DCEU fans edgy 13 year olds or something

It's not like those clips made the movie worse than it already is. I saw them and they weren't the best, but it's just fucking marketing.

Attached: 1493093572966.png (227x374, 102K)

This is some concentrated autism

>Aquafags are still crying about a 50-year-old cartoo

If you're still a fan of the DCEU after everything that's happened, I think you'd pretty much have to be an edgy 13 year old.

i like it

Who knows why? I sat through the 1990s as a teen already knowing that 70s stuff was junk. (Lots of earlier 1920s to 1960s cartoons were really good, though even by the 1960s quality was clearly sliding.)

Something something, in his pants.

Attached: BlackVulcan.jpg (280x210, 18K)

So...DCEU fans want it to be dark and joyless? Even though thats why BvS flopped?

> aquafags will never not be sensitive over their shit fandom

Attached: 1461851352311.png (459x612, 533K)

>these people defending Super Friends
What the fuck? It's a legit awful cartoon. This isn't like the Batman TV show, where it's clearly tongue in cheek and the whole thing works great, it's just some shitty cartoon with godawful animation, terrible voice acting, and laughable plots.

We’re mocking the dumb teenagers and manchildren that got so asshurt, they took down a harmless commercial.

I don't think there's a single post implying it's a good show. That being said 60s Spider-Man was in the same vein and people don't throw autistic fits when it's referenced.

How can you hate Super Friends
youtube.com/watch?v=A8hgpyVB-wY

The only reason I remember seeing Super Friends is because the first time I ever flew, it was with Jetblue and they had those TVs on the backs of the chairs and Boomerang was having a Super Friends marathon so that's what I watched for the entire 3 hour flight.
I can't remember a single thing about the actual show though, except for Wonder Twins and that fucking monkey.

All these motherfuckers hatin on Super Friends
youtube.com/watch?v=zQe_WugEwCg

Honestly that trailer had me more interested in the movie than any other promotion theyve done.
Maybe because all their goofy, CGI faces are more in line with a cheap cartoon than a motion picture.

>The lighthearted video, which strongly invoked the classic Super Friends cartoon, was met with immediate hostility from DCEU fans.
Why are Snyderfags such edgy fucking teens?

I once watched Aquaman use whales to murder a couple of guys on superfreinds. They just jumped up and WHAM, right through the ice they were standing on. Didn't even show them being fished out, just straight up murder.